We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Neither do kinnie rumors equal reality. :-) Or GLFF gossip for that matter...
    I actually asked in glff brandywine since someone pointed out that you're on the server. It raised a bit of an eyebrow because I have never seen your name in chat helping, chatting or otherwise interacting with the community. This includes the periods of relvling characters after cap raises since 2010 and on. Of curse, I wasn't on Vilya for your rank 13 (from what it looks like on forums) but I feel I should have spotted your name in chat since 2011 or whenever that was.

This is not abuse! I hope. Mild stalking but then, I see some council member names with a full 8-50 posts listed: meaning that some actually do appear to be new and not very active in the community, as opposed to this guy who obviously took a big part in the game a few years back.

I asked in a personal message some hours back about if you're up to date with what the current game is like and if you know the community but perhaps easier asked here =)

I just don't know you, despite having played on the server far too much.
    The last input from the player council appears to have ended with a huge slash across the back of every last one of my babylevel alts 20-86 because some misunderstanding concerning where a game imbalance had occurred.
    If you're strictly moors and not even chatting with the rest of us, I have hopes you might focus on something like removing aud for balance in pvp and hopefully the rest of the game will not take another wild beating.
    This is my personal interest in this. That is that the socializing bit returns to a game where I can't even type answers in /advice during a quest. If there's no interaction, it's a rather dull single player game where you can't experience things but instead look at the minimap for the next cluster of potential problems. Let's just say that the player council in no way has listened to anyone but a small clique of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Let's just say that the player council in no way has listened to anyone but a small clique of the community.
    While clearly you hold this opinion, I can assure you that it is incorrect. Many ideas and concerns were brought from a number of sources. Please lets keep this thread clear of accusations (?) like this. Feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to discuss this topic more with you. Or start a new thread in General and we'll continue it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Palentian View Post
    While clearly you hold this opinion, I can assure you that it is incorrect. Many ideas and concerns were brought from a number of sources. Please lets keep this thread clear of accusations (?) like this. Feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to discuss this topic more with you. Or start a new thread in General and we'll continue it there.
    Yeah, as critical as I am of the competency and decision-making of Council Members/developers, there is no way you can question any of their dedication or willingness to spend time listening to people's opinions.
    Are you watching closely?

I actually asked in glff brandywine since someone pointed out that you're on the server. It raised a bit of an eyebrow because I have never seen your name in chat helping, chatting or otherwise interacting with the community. This includes the periods of relvling characters after cap raises since 2010 and on. Of curse, I wasn't on Vilya for your rank 13 (from what it looks like on forums) but I feel I should have spotted your name in chat since 2011 or whenever that was.

This is not abuse! I hope. Mild stalking but then, I see some council member names with a full 8-50 posts listed: meaning that some actually do appear to be new and not very active in the community, as opposed to this guy who obviously took a big part in the game a few years back.

I asked in a personal message some hours back about if you're up to date with what the current game is like and if you know the community but perhaps easier asked here =)

I just don't know you, despite having played on the server far too much.
    The last input from the player council appears to have ended with a huge slash across the back of every last one of my babylevel alts 20-86 because some misunderstanding concerning where a game imbalance had occurred.
    If you're strictly moors and not even chatting with the rest of us, I have hopes you might focus on something like removing aud for balance in pvp and hopefully the rest of the game will not take another wild beating.
    This is my personal interest in this. That is that the socializing bit returns to a game where I can't even type answers in /advice during a quest. If there's no interaction, it's a rather dull single player game where you can't experience things but instead look at the minimap for the next cluster of potential problems. Let's just say that the player council in no way has listened to anyone but a small clique of the community.
    I saw your PM my friend. But when you titled it as a "representative of brandywine" I ignored it. Sapience said that we are not to be representative of servers, and I don't consider myself such. I'm also not a person that particularly participates in GLFF, never have been, as I've found that GLFF opinions and reality are often a bridge far between. I can't talk about what I'm focusing on, as that is under NDA. And, as all my friends, allies, and enemies will tell you, I'm not very social.

I hope that answers your questions, have a good night.

I like Kayleah and Snow, they'll be great imo. good luck to all and congratulations again
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Nymphonic

I am glad to see Nymphonic's name on the list. He is always very encouraging and has a way of steering forum threads back on course A special congratulations to him.
    Last edited by Breeon; Apr 25 2014 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeon View Post
    I am glad to see Nymphonic's name on the list. She is always very encouraging and has a way of steering forum threads back on course A special congratulations to her.
    Nymphonic is a guy

At first I want to thank the 2013 PC and all its members for their work and the whole Turbine Team for setting this up.

Congratulations to those who have been chosen or are re-entering the council. Keep up the good work.

And @ Sabriel. That was a really nice post - not only referring to the council members' work but also to those who weren't chosen and referring to all the ideas which are brought up in the forum all the time.

@ Macroscian: Concerning the small numbers of posts of some PC members: Sapience said once that PC members are not only chosen from forums but also from other sources and that forum posts might be a factor but not the most important one - also quantity is not quality, so players might give a lot of feedback during betas or helping a lot with bugs or in other ways which you as a third person just can't see because they are not public. He also mentioned that some of the applicants/members have just created their forum account for the PC when I remember it correctly...

Orodbril

Quote Originally Posted by Breeon View Post
    I am glad to see Nymphonic's name on the list. She is always very encouraging and has a way of steering forum threads back on course A special congratulations to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Nymphonic is a guy

Reminds me of many years ago when people thought that Sapience was Patience and also a girl. I seem to remember it got so bad, Sapience had to make a sig or title that said "Sapience is not a girl"

I saw several threads congratulating me. That really meant a lot to me.

I really don't raid or PvP because I'm pretty much a casual "stop and smell the roses" kind of player, so I'll be pushing for small things that can make your day easier like for example like a suggestion I saw two days ago for being able to /sit in a chair just by clicking on it. Or having the "buy a gold bag" option in the vault menu placed on the bottom so you don't click on it when trying to access your vault. Small things should not be ignored.
    Last edited by Nymphonic; Apr 25 2014 at 02:12 AM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    The Council is meant to be a voice of the players in discussions with Turbine. We're not meant to be 50 mini-Sapiences. (Nor, I think, do most of the people who applied even want that job.)

That being said, I know one thing that the 2013 Council spent a lot of time talking about was allowing more open communication. Both from Turbine to the players and from the Council to the players. There are good reasons not to allow the full and free flow of information from Council discussions to the public as a whole, though, and sadly there are some people in this thread who seem intent on proving why.

Then it's going to make things tricky because as I've observed with the last PC we got no chance to even offer feedback based on open ended questions. That's the thing that is lacking and hopefully that will change. The PC can't represent the players if they don't know what they players are thinking. There could be a generalized poll on what things they'd like to see changed etc that leaves it more open. I also remember a time when Turbine used to send random emails to get feedback on certain things something like that could also be used as it would be anonymous but give the PC numbers to see where the majority of players are leaning on hypothetical topics. That way the players feel like they are giving their representatives the feedback they need to take to the table to show what's wanted and what's not. I hope that made sense lol
    Tessariel Aerlinn of Landroval
    Elven Minstrel of Rivendell
    Member of Sons of Numenor

Quote Originally Posted by Tallon617 View Post
    Then it's going to make things tricky because as I've observed with the last PC we got no chance to even offer feedback based on open ended questions. That's the thing that is lacking and hopefully that will change. The PC can't represent the players if they don't know what they players are thinking. There could be a generalized poll on what things they'd like to see changed etc that leaves it more open. I also remember a time when Turbine used to send random emails to get feedback on certain things something like that could also be used as it would be anonymous but give the PC numbers to see where the majority of players are leaning on hypothetical topics. That way the players feel like they are giving their representatives the feedback they need to take to the table to show what's wanted and what's not. I hope that made sense lol
    Feedback was offered in many ways. The problem lay with not being able to RETURN feedback. That's a different problem. Players are welcome to send PMs to any council members with ideas and suggestions, though I think most folks tend to use the Suggestion Forum (which is regularly checked by various council members). Many of us had quite intense conversations on the BR forums, for instance. Turbine still sends out random surveys as far as I know. Also, the council doesn't represent the players in the way you are implying. They are not a voting or governing body. They represent the game in the best way they can. They also provide more focused feedback to the devs than can be gotten in the general forums. (there's not usually much mud slinging and rhetoric with them)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallon617 View Post
    The PC is meant to be representative of the player base, not be the player bases representatives.
    Council Of The West On Snowbourn

Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Runesi_EU View Post
    The PC is meant to be representative of the player base, not be the player bases representatives.
    That is very well said, and very true. Just like some people were thinking that the servers had "representatives" when that was never the intention.
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

Congrats Amandakay and all others! I hope you are able to provide some great feedback and help Turbine make the game better than ever!
    “War must be while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend…” Faramir - The Two Towers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000000260f/signature.png]Cuchir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post

Honestly, my primary motivation for applying to the Council in the first place was to participate in the class revamps, and the results remain the thing I'm most proud of. I don't agree with every specific change that was made, and I don't deny that some of the results have been pretty broken (perma-SotD on Captains, anybody?), but at the end of the day Turbine made a huge step in terms of bringing a 7 year-old game in line with modern MMO gameplay. That's a hell of an accomplishment, and I'm proud to have been a part of it.
    you do realize that accomplishment turned a trickling wound of player loss into a gushing gash that cannot be mended. i don't think the council could have done anything to prevent it and they prolly salvaged whatever small aspects they could but in the end the revamps are the primary reason the game is dwindling in population rapidly. the revamps made the game too easy and lacking challenge, the revamps never saw the fruition of the stated intention of classes having to make tough choices to fill a role in group content (and won't in the future as BBs don't utilize class mechanics much at all), and they drained valuable time and resources that could have been put to better, more "traditional" uses.

so the game is now a little more like the competition but i am afraid it is losing (lost for many of us) it's appeal. it was a bit different and that's what made it good for many folk. more modern isn't always better, especially when the game is limited to it's less-then-modern capabilities. as such, many of us are finding out that those more modern MMOs are more appealing then one that is playing catch up to them while jettisoning some aspects that appealed to certain groups of players. this leads to less revenue and less development. imo the revamps were an unmitigated disaster

anyways, grats to those who made the council. i wish you luck. i will never make it to Mordor but i hope you guys make it there

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    I saw your PM my friend. But when you titled it as a "representative of brandywine" I ignored it. Sapience said that we are not to be representative of servers, and I don't consider myself such. I'm also not a person that particularly participates in GLFF, never have been, as I've found that GLFF opinions and reality are often a bridge far between. I can't talk about what I'm focusing on, as that is under NDA. And, as all my friends, allies, and enemies will tell you, I'm not very social.

I hope that answers your questions, have a good night.
    It doesn't really answer my question. Basically, if someone doesn't interact with the community - what help are they in this council context?

It doesn't really answer my question. Basically, if someone doesn't interact with the community - what help are they in this council context?
    There has never been a requirement to interact with the community, albeit it was sometimes a good idea, as the members do not represent them. What the members do represent are their particular play-styles and voices, whether it matches others is a bonus.

The same misconception people have from the first Council seems to be prevailing this time around...the members of the council are not representative of the players, they are a voice of the players. The help they provide is to allow the Developers to interact with the actual players in an environment that is proven to be far more capable of keeping on task.
    Give a guy a pound of gold...he'll complain about how heavy it is.
    Enmity of Forum Trolls: 106/5000 Of the Egaads clan

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
    There has never been a requirement to interact with the community, albeit it was sometimes a good idea, as the members do not represent them. What the members do represent are their particular play-styles and voices, whether it matches others is a bonus.

The same misconception people have from the first Council seems to be prevailing this time around...the members of the council are not representative of the players, they are a voice of the players. The help they provide is to allow the Developers to interact with the actual players in an environment that is proven to be far more capable of keeping on task.
    Aha ok - well, if they're not representing the game community, then I have no problem at all with the names on list who don't interact with the rest of us

Carry on, as you were!

Now I go play and chat and have a spot of fun.

When you say "doesn't interact with the community", it may be that you mean "write in the forums". This is not the only way to interact and posting in the main forums is not a requirement. If you are selected as a PC member you do have to post in the council forums.

In a larger context, one of the requirements for the PC is that you are an "active player". This means "current" and not on some long term hiatus. It also means you have to be in "good standing" without too many bad marks on your interactions with Turbine/Forums/GMs etc.

By "active" you have to be playing the game. This means: PLAYING the game. By playing the game, solo, group, kinship, /glff (or not), noob or veteran, pvmp, raider, RPer, crafter or any other combination is what makes the input to Turbine effective. Playing the game is far more important that the number of posts someone makes in the forums.

Certainly, active posters in the forums get noted by Turbine and they have the ability to reach-out to anyone here or in the player base, and they do. They invite all sorts of players with a huge variety of interests and experiences to give their opinions on topics they put on the table for the PC to look at.

So there's more than one context for "community" and posting here is not a criteria for selection.

I can recommend that you apply for the next council. All inputs are valid and more viewpoints welcome.

This is one of the great features of the council is to learn TOLERANCE of other players, activities, aspects of the game, and interactions with the Devs. It means you can "listen" and provide good feedback in a well thought out manner, with logic and reasoning behind your ideas, opinions and experience and to interact with other members of the council and Turbine who's experiences are different from your own.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    I like Kayleah and Snow, they'll be great imo. good luck to all and congratulations again
    Thanks for the confidence!
    The one ... the only ... Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    When you say "doesn't interact with the community", it may be that you mean "write in the forums". This is not the only way to interact and posting in the main forums is not a requirement. If you are selected as a PC member you do have to post in the council forums.

In a larger context, one of the requirements for the PC is that you are an "active player". This means "current" and not on some long term hiatus. It also means you have to be in "good standing" without too many bad marks on your interactions with Turbine/Forums/GMs etc.

By "active" you have to be playing the game. This means: PLAYING the game. By playing the game, solo, group, kinship, /glff (or not), noob or veteran, pvmp, raider, RPer, crafter or any other combination is what makes the input to Turbine effective. Playing the game is far more important that the number of posts someone makes in the forums.

Certainly, active posters in the forums get noted by Turbine and they have the ability to reach-out to anyone here or in the player base, and they do. They invite all sorts of players with a huge variety of interests and experiences to give their opinions on topics they put on the table for the PC to look at.

So there's more than one context for "community" and posting here is not a criteria for selection.

I can recommend that you apply for the next council. All inputs are valid and more viewpoints welcome.

This is one of the great features of the council is to learn TOLERANCE of other players, activities, aspects of the game, and interactions with the Devs. It means you can "listen" and provide good feedback in a well thought out manner, with logic and reasoning behind your ideas, opinions and experience and to interact with other members of the council and Turbine who's experiences are different from your own.

No need to be so defensive I have learned here that the council is detached from and has nothing to do with the community and that communicating is no requirement.

breakdown by server?

Has anyone seen or done a breakdown of these members by primary server? I could have sworn that they did this last year and so it let us know who to contact if we wanted to offer any suggestions. I play on Riddermark primarily.

No need to be so defensive I have learned here that the council is detached from and has nothing to do with the community and that communicating is no requirement.
    Not defensive, just explaining what communications are available.

And I am communicating with you, a 2013 PC member. It's not required that I do so but I chose to do so. I chose to let you know there's more than one path that's accepted as "communications".

Additionally, those under NDA cannot communicate but the communications are done for them by Turbine in their updates, Q&A and other announcements. Turbine does state that the PC assisted with X or Y issues.

You just don't get direct feedback from the current members, but the 2013 members are now NDA-free and can communicate as needed. So, Ask Away.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurio View Post
    Has anyone seen or done a breakdown of these members by primary server? I could have sworn that they did this last year and so it let us know who to contact if we wanted to offer any suggestions. I play on Riddermark primarily.
    And they won't anymore, because too many players assumed that a given PC "Spoke for that server" which is not the case. Talk to any council member you wish to. They will all give your ideas and concerns the attention needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurio View Post
    PC Members are not noted by server as the previous list gave an impression that there was some connection between their selection and the server they played on, and there is none. The game is the same on all severs.

They are no longer ID by toon name due to some harassment issues and only by Forum Name.

You can likely post a PM to any of the names listed but depending on what you want to ask or tell them, it might be better to use a particular thread in a forum for that. The best place for suggestions and ideas is to write them here in the forums. Put as much detail and thought into your post as you can. The forums are read and watched by members of the PC and it gives the larger community an opportunity to see your ideas too.

There's always Sapience for PMs, if its something "delicate".

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast