We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Yup! I'm a lifer. Hi :-)
    Your kinnie seemed to think you didn't play anymore though. Lifer does not equal actually playing the game.
    R10 LM - R10 Burg - R7 Hunter - R11 Warg - R11 Defiler - R8 BA

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    So many familiar names on the new Council. Congratulations all!
    I can't help but wonder the hyjinx this year will bring, especially if Nymphonic manages to bring us all each our own personal Tardis. I've personally been wanting to toss my name into the hat for PC at some point, but haven't come to that point yet. (Certain self given requirements, such as a new computer, and that is going to take me at least a year to get used to using.) Maybe next year, after Moochy has given Turbine the lute beating of a lifetime. *grinz*
    Oh yeah. Nymphonic is a server mate, though I rarely see him there. I only know him from the forums, and I think he'll do a good job.

Like you, I've considered submitting an application for the PC, but decided that I couldn't be certain enough that I could meet the commitment in terms of time and/or travel. I am an old man with serious medical conditions and complications and have my only living parent who requires 24/7/365 care and monitoring. Real life has to come first. Said parent is cared for by family, not in an institution; and for us, the sacrifice is worth it.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

I would like to extend my congratulations to those names that I recognize (Beanie, Bel, Brandon, Frick, Jilly, Nymph, Cross, Raven, Vorontur, Xena and VeryBeary), as well as everyone else (I may not recognize your names or know anything about you off-hand, but that doesn't diminish my congrats).

While the bigger set-in-stone things remain the bigger set-in-stone things, I'm eager to see what all of you can do to polish them up and perhaps bring about some small changes for the better. Suffice it to say, I care for this game and it's future. As I don't have the time to devote towards anything more than beta testing (and a year-long NDA is daunting), I chose to stay out of the 2014 PC. But I wish you all the best of luck and I hope that perhaps some things that I feel close to, which I know many others do as well, will get their fair share of attention -- that nothing will fall between the cracks, in other words. Anywhere from small things like violins, to medium things like free-placement housing (a la Sims 3?), to huge things like raids, difficulty, and balance. Some may not get changed, but some may, and the latter is what I hope for.

I may not know all the names (a small fraction, really), but I respect those that I do. I may not agree with you on all things, and I'm sure you don't agree with everything I've ever said, but I still respect you and wish you the best. To those I don't know (or if I do know you but by another name, which has already been the case *already editing this post to reflect that much*), I hope to learn more about you as 2014 progresses. Naturally, you will be under an NDA, but I hope that your participation in the PC will perhaps draw you into the regular forums more than otherwise as well.

PS: I'm aware that Sapience likes those little peppermint patty thingamabobs (he revealed as much during one of the Hobbit runs)... so if you ever need to bribe him... ^_^
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; Apr 24 2014 at 04:26 PM.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I hate that I need to do this, but I might as well get it out of the way early before too many people go down a wrong path.

Harassment, abuse, and any other insulting or inappropriate behavior directed at a Player Council member will be addressed as if it were directed at a member of the Turbine staff. Last year several members of the council took a fair amount of abuse for no valid reason. This year there is zero tolerance for that.

If that's a problem for you, then I can assure you it won't be one for long.
    Indeed this forum should not tolerate abuse, harassment, insulting or inappropriate behaviour towards anyone who posts here. That is an important protection for a discussion forum where players between the ages of 12 and 18 could be posting.

However I would like to seek one clarification. Does the above rule mean that normal forum members have lesser protection from abuse than a PC member? Or am I reading this wrong and the forum code of conduct applies equally for everyone posting here?

Thanks in advance.
    <A sig goes here>

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Indeed this forum should not tolerate abuse, harassment, insulting or inappropriate behaviour towards anyone who posts here. That is an important protection for a discussion forum where players between the ages of 12 and 18 could be posting.

However I would like to seek one clarification. Does the above rule mean that normal forum members have lesser protection from abuse than a PC member? Or am I reading this wrong and the forum code of conduct applies equally for everyone posting here?

Thanks in advance.
    It applies equally to all. But if you are going after a council member because they are a council member, that's a different level and it will not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    It applies equally to all. But if you are going after a council member because they are a council member, that's a different level and it will not be tolerated.
    Thank you.
    <A sig goes here>

Quote Originally Posted by Tallon617 View Post
    Though I had thought the Players Council is suppose to be sort of a voice of the players but it is not? Can that be clarified please? Thanks!
    The Council is meant to be a voice of the players in discussions with Turbine. We're not meant to be 50 mini-Sapiences. (Nor, I think, do most of the people who applied even want that job.)

That being said, I know one thing that the 2013 Council spent a lot of time talking about was allowing more open communication. Both from Turbine to the players and from the Council to the players. There are good reasons not to allow the full and free flow of information from Council discussions to the public as a whole, though, and sadly there are some people in this thread who seem intent on proving why.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Was anyone from Brandywine on the player's council last year?

I believe there were about ... 5? I know a fellow Kinnie of mine was

I currently play on Brandy and have since the beginning
    The one ... the only ... Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordh View Post
    Your kinnie seemed to think you didn't play anymore though. Lifer does not equal actually playing the game.
    GLFF was abuzz earlier today about you Snow - lol the general consensus was they didn't know you were still active.

I made not comment on the matter, just watched it all play out.
    The one ... the only ... Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    So many familiar names on the new Council. Congratulations all!
    I can't help but wonder the hyjinx this year will bring, especially if Nymphonic manages to bring us all each our own personal Tardis. I've personally been wanting to toss my name into the hat for PC at some point, but haven't come to that point yet. (Certain self given requirements, such as a new computer, and that is going to take me at least a year to get used to using.) Maybe next year, after Moochy has given Turbine the lute beating of a lifetime. *grinz*
    Griffffffyyyyyyy!!!!! I don't use a lute, they break. I use a flute, they're made of metal and far more effective.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by KayleahSunshine View Post
    GLFF was abuzz earlier today about you Snow - lol the general consensus was they didn't know you were still active.

I made not comment on the matter, just watched it all play out.
    I'm sorry, that is not what I said. His kinnie literally said in glff that he doesn't play anymore, and as he is the kin leader, I believe it is all the confirmation we need. I find it a little strange (to say the least) that someone who is not active gets chosen for PC. But I'll let it go now, I'm not THAT interested. Just wanted to make the correction
    R10 LM - R10 Burg - R7 Hunter - R11 Warg - R11 Defiler - R8 BA

Quote Originally Posted by KayleahSunshine View Post
    I believe there were about ... 5? I know a fellow Kinnie of mine was

I currently play on Brandy and have since the beginning

Thank you for clarifying what server you play on-- there is a popular player on Landy called 'Kaleigh Sunshine', though she has a different forum account I already saw one person on an account whose name was not listed up there, so figured there may have been some name changes possibly. So appreciate it.

Just learned that another one of my kinmates made it in Awesome to see Elendilmir representing.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Cordh View Post
    Neither do kinnie rumors equal reality. :-) Or GLFF gossip for that matter...

Great job for 2013 guys not sure what went on, though I can infer a lot of spade work was done for future councils and I cannot help but notice turbine and player comms have increased over the time of the council, who knows maybe the devs wet their toes with you guys and see it is not to cold.

Gl for 2014

Were the council members for 2013 privy to the financials? I don’t want to know them as it’s not my business same as cokes are not when I am the end user of their product (other carbonated soft drinks are available),, just a yes/no answer will do, or a cannot say.

Congratulations to the new council members

And thanks to the outgoing members for all you did last year.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    The Council is meant to be a voice of the players in discussions with Turbine. We're not meant to be 50 mini-Sapiences. (Nor, I think, do most of the people who applied even want that job.)

That being said, I know one thing that the 2013 Council spent a lot of time talking about was allowing more open communication. Both from Turbine to the players and from the Council to the players. There are good reasons not to allow the full and free flow of information from Council discussions to the public as a whole, though, and sadly there are some people in this thread who seem intent on proving why.
    The PC is the voice of the people, but neither are they required to seek nor accept the input of other players, doing so may also break the NDA depending on how they were to seek out other opinions on very specific areas. The reason to have so many PC is the get a wide variety of opinions and playstyles.

Compare, if a 2013 PC were to ask someone "what do you think of skill trees and gating points behind content?" to "How should our characters progress? If you've played other games what did you like and dislike about their system compared to Lotro's?" The former might violate the NDA depending on what has been announced vs the very open question framed in the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bragard View Post

Were the council members for 2013 privy to the financials? I don’t want to know them as it’s not my business same as cokes are not when I am the end user of their product (other carbonated soft drinks are available),, just a yes/no answer will do, or a cannot say.
    No

10 chars
    Council Of The West On Snowbourn

Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Griffffffyyyyyyy!!!!! I don't use a lute, they break. I use a flute, they're made of metal and far more effective.
    Did I say a distortion pedal for a lute? I meant for a flute.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

(BTW--it's solar powered. You might want to avoid using it in Moria until the mirror problem is permanently resolved. Should be fine at Turbine HQ, though; it always looks well-lit behind Sapience on his livestreams.)

Quote Originally Posted by Runesi_EU View Post
    It's entirely possible my bringing up kinships in the council may have been considered spam!
    Almost Runesi, almost
    Leader of The Sentinels and proud member of the Players Council 2013 and 2014.
    [i]No Death, No Glory[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Bragard View Post
    Nope. Nor population numbers. Those kinds of stats are not relevant to the job of the PC, anyway, and I doubt knowing them would have changed any of the feedback we gave on anything.

Although I'll clarify that we were asked for our opinions -- including price feedback -- on several store items. Journeyman Riding and Stone of the Tortoise being the two most prominent examples of this. But the discussion was always "Do you think this item provides enough value to be worth price point X with set of features Y?", rather than "Do you think this will help us meet our third quarter profit targets?"
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Nope. Nor population numbers. Those kinds of stats are not relevant to the job of the PC, anyway, and I doubt knowing them would have changed any of the feedback we gave on anything.
    I really doubt it would. On that note, I'd like to suggest this thread be kept for congratulating the new council and questions for the out-going council be posted elsewhere. If Sapience wants to make a new "Official" thread, or we can just start in the general forums and see where that takes us.

Very excited to serve on the Player's Council this year. It is an honour to have been selected Thank you.
    "This is most unexpected, though perhaps not quite as surprising as it might have been."

I'm greatful for the inclusion.

I read quite a bit of the forums from class forums to the pvp forums. I will try to keep my PM box clean going forward as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Of the names I recognize, not a single surprise. Take that as you will.

Congrats and good luck.
    I hope you will consider applying in the future. You're one of several posters who I check daily on this forum.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    My friends tell me I should come with a warning label. I'm looking forward to a fun and interesting year.
    Tehee! Congratulations! I am so very pleased.

To all new PC members-it's nice to see so many active knowledgable familiar players of many styles on this list.
    May your commitment to the game be boundless, your patience be endless, and your year ahead be fruitful, and not TOO 'interesting'.
    Last edited by Calta; Apr 24 2014 at 07:12 PM.
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Congrats to all of you!! You have all our support!! Lead us to a GREAT game!! I know you guys can!!

Freeps- Deok lvl 95 Hunter
    Creeps - Cintona Rank 11 Darkblits Rank 7

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast