We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Glad to see some familiar names on the list! I see some on there that have expressed ideals and opinions similar to my own, and some good balance between those I recognize on the council and the variety of people I have met in my Middle-earth wanderings. Should be a good year.
    Townsperson says, "I'm having an adventure. I've paddled all the way from Frogmorton!"

Was anyone from Brandywine on the player's council last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadur View Post
    Well a whole year of council and... no.
    I'm new there, it's my first week, but.... you're confusing providing input with dictating their actions. We can give input, and they can still say no for a variety of reasons.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Thanks everyone! And thank you for the opportunity to serve on the 2014 Players Council! Looking forward to an exciting year!
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche, "Beyond Good and Evil"

As one of the Nine, I'd like to welcome all the new members o fthe Players Council. You're in for an interesting year. And a big thank you to all leaving members. It has been a fun, interesting, frustrating (at times) and even educational year.

Thank you all for your best wishes and I am sure I can speak for all of us that we'll do our best to walk worthy in the footsteps of the 2013 Players Council.
    Leader of The Sentinels and proud member of the Players Council 2013 and 2014.
    [i]No Death, No Glory[/i]

SInce the NDA has been lifted I can assure you that this has been discussed passionately by the council. So yes, they know. What they will do with that information is a second thing.
    Leader of The Sentinels and proud member of the Players Council 2013 and 2014.
    [i]No Death, No Glory[/i]

Thank you to past members and best wishes to the new guard!
    As a Klingon would say: "Die well" (hmm... perhaps not the "exact" message I wanted to convey)

I will also say Thank You to Sapience.
    I've posted a few times that the PC 2013 should be released from the NDA = but I didn't expect it.
    I've signed some NDA's and the term generally extends beyond contract so it was very nice to see you take this action and show confidence in your PC and the direction Turbine is taking!
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Thanks everyone and congratulations to all others selected. :-)

It's entirely possible my bringing up kinships in the council may have been considered spam!
    Council Of The West On Snowbourn

Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I'm new there, it's my first week, but.... you're confusing providing input with dictating their actions. We can give input, and they can still say no for a variety of reasons.
    Plus, in cases where the broad strokes are set in stone (mounted combat, trait trees, epic battles), I'd encourage people to put the effort into suggestions for making them better rather than fighting against their existence.

I have seen over and over on the forum where players want to erase entirely. Not only is that unlikely to happen, I think a focus like that will more often lead to more negativity as a whole. That isn't good for the player, the community, or LOTRO.

I like that Turbine takes some chances on new types of gameplay. Hytbold at level 85 may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was pretty amazing having the place come back to life bit by bit as I played. Mounted combat and warbands, on the other hand, were not things I took to at first. I disliked what I felt was a lack of control in movement and having to learn a completely different style of fighting was frustrating. Then I got the hang of it. Started to win more than I lost. Started to enjoy doing something different than what I'd been all but locked into for 80 levels.

Now I am learning epic battles. Again, I did not start off too well with them. I am picking up tips here and there, but the system seems very clunky at the outset (and getting people in there at level 10 may lead to more frustration than enjoyment). I don't want them gone, though. I want them improved. I hope the Players Council can have input on where those improvements should be and I hope Turbine keeps taking chances on new things.

I have but one question for them. Where did you leave the cookies?
    Any cookies I saw became Bound to Account. I was entirely *forced* to take them with me. It was just brutal.

Grats to the inbound Council and returnees. I'm off to go sailing on my new hobbit yacht.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C2C2A3][B]ArcticAurora [/B][COLOR=#999966]95 S/B Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Pavello[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 OP Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Canadian[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 Capt[/COLOR] ... [SIZE=1]et alts[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]2013 Player Councillor[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]//[/B] [SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]Rich people would rebuild the Bridge of Khazad-Dûm. Wealthy players fill the great chasm with gold.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq163/dsrtfx207/rich_zps70199bf0.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Hakiryu View Post
    SInce the NDA has been lifted I can assure you that this has been discussed passionately by the council. So yes, they know. What they will do with that information is a second thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Plus, in cases where the broad strokes are set in stone (mounted combat, trait trees, epic battles), I'd encourage people to put the effort into suggestions for making them better rather than fighting against their existence.
    Exactly all the of the above. I don't know the exact percentage breakdown of how many Councilors were active or past raiders, but the raiders was absolutely well-represented, both in terms of numbers and amount of discussion. (In fact, I'm pretty sure the Council had a significantly higher percentage of raiders than the player base as a whole.)

Those discussions included Turbine's reasons for wanting to do Epic Battles instead of "classic" raids. I won't repeat them here, both because I don't want to speak for the devs and because those reasons have already been given several times in Live Stream events, Ask the LOTRO Team Q&As, and Producer's Letters/Dev Diaries. Agree with them or not, the reasons exist, and they're out there if you want to hear them.

I have seen over and over on the forum where players want to erase entirely. Not only is that unlikely to happen, I think a focus like that will more often lead to more negativity as a whole. That isn't good for the player, the community, or LOTRO.
    There's also a real "baby with the bathwater" issue there. The class revamps were absolutely needed, and I assert that the changes -- in a broad sense -- have been entirely beneficial to the game when taken as a whole. I wouldn't want to revert all of the good changes just because of a few missteps. I'd rather spend time talking about how to refine the revamps we got.

Honestly, my primary motivation for applying to the Council in the first place was to participate in the class revamps, and the results remain the thing I'm most proud of. I don't agree with every specific change that was made, and I don't deny that some of the results have been pretty broken (perma-SotD on Captains, anybody?), but at the end of the day Turbine made a huge step in terms of bringing a 7 year-old game in line with modern MMO gameplay. That's a hell of an accomplishment, and I'm proud to have been a part of it.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by maradakia View Post
    I am so excited and grateful to get to participate in this year's Player Council! : )

I hope I'll be able to contribute lots in a helpful way. I'm actually interested to get some feedback from last year's Player Council as to what they learned in the process as far as how they were most able to be of service to our developers and to our fellow players
    I also wanted to say that I think what you wrote here Sapience, is amazing, so important, and beautifully stated. Hopefully we'll all be able to discuss and even debate our differing vantage points while keeping a kind approach and respect for each other as a top priority.

Congrats to everyone!
    I too am interested in what the past council's input was and decisions made. Hopefully, all the 2013 council forum posts will be available to us. Great thoughts Maradakia!

I note that some new members have provided background on themselves; so here goes: I am an avid completionist, i.e. all metadeeds, 18s on ALL my virtues and a few at 25-27, all landscape deeds completed (except the shire... did you know there are little people there? OMG); My main is an LM and I have over 10,000 hours of game time (type /played) and still a noob; completed all raids (dead or alive); all instances, and most of the quests in the world; many lvl 95s, some lower (I think 12 toons); dislike PvP, but LOVE PvE, and Kindred everywhere in the world except the new Fangorn area (yet). I have been playing since 2007 and lead one of the largest active kinships on Vilya, the Knights of Valour (a social kinship for fun and fellowship). I hope I can bring my love of Middle Earth to the council and actively advocate for changes that the player base, as a whole, will love as much as I do. Some few may remember I was a featured player in 2011, and still I remain faithful that Lotro will grow and acquire new players based on changes this council vets and I will certainly encourage more new content. Raiders: I will advocate on your behalf; Kinships: That too is an area of my concern... Casual players: Rest assured, many of my toons are quite casual but Hobbits beware: I prefer Hobbit GOLF... just grab the hobbit by the ears and swing hard. If you have ANY thoughts to improve our world, please, contact me and I'll let it be known. Thanks all for your support of the 2014 Player Council!

Pherenn of Vilya
    ~2014 Player Council Member
    Last edited by whosjgalt; Apr 24 2014 at 03:23 PM.
    [URL="http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Pherenn/media/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u470/Pherenn/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Pherenn, Phermin, Pherkeeper, Phertain, Pherhuntress, Pherhunter, Pherburg, and too many others to track. Lotro Featured Player 2011; If I can help you...ask.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Congrats and good luck to the new victims...err...suckers...err I mean council members!

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Exactly all the of the above. I don't know the exact percentage breakdown of how many Councilors were active or past raiders, but the raiders was absolutely well-represented, both in terms of numbers and amount of discussion. (In fact, I'm pretty sure the Council had a significantly higher percentage of raiders than the player base as a whole.)
    I know there were at least a few raiders who represented what I considered was near the high end of what a raider in LotrO was or aspired to be.

I also know that there were quite a few others who felt that any PC member for 2013 who was brave enough to call themselves a raider in public after the announcement deserved to be mocked publicaly for suggesting that their experience made them a qualified raiding representative.

(At least one or two directed threads which held some answers to a survey exploring what the PC members thought of their own experience became a cesspool and were quickly sent into oblivion.)

I'd love to know how Turbine defined 'raider' when it came to making this selection process.

There are names I'm pleased to see on the list.

I'm glad to see that at least from the view point of multiple 2013 members that raiding was well represented. I only hope that Turbine considers the result of listening or not to the feedback they gave in their term was, and that it informs their choices accordingly going forward.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Congratulations Everybody!

Good luck my friends from the Council 2013 and carry on the good work!

Yours respectfully,
    Moralqua
    [IMG]http://s7.directupload.net/images/140506/oxwcaejx.jpg[/IMG]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    I hate that I need to do this, but I might as well get it out of the way early before too many people go down a wrong path.

Harassment, abuse, and any other insulting or inappropriate behavior directed at a Player Council member will be addressed as if it were directed at a member of the Turbine staff. Last year several members of the council took a fair amount of abuse for no valid reason. This year there is zero tolerance for that.

If that's a problem for you, then I can assure you it won't be one for long.

Congratulations 2014 Player Council

I am happy to be part of the player council! I look forward to playing my part to make a fantastic game even better!

Hello All,

I am very excited about participating on the council this year. Thank you to everyone that nominated or supported me !!!

LOTRO is a very healthy game with a bright future and it is through focus groups like this that we can collaborate on ideas.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Exclamation

So many familiar names on the new Council. Congratulations all!
    I can't help but wonder the hyjinx this year will bring, especially if Nymphonic manages to bring us all each our own personal Tardis. I've personally been wanting to toss my name into the hat for PC at some point, but haven't come to that point yet. (Certain self given requirements, such as a new computer, and that is going to take me at least a year to get used to using.) Maybe next year, after Moochy has given Turbine the FLute beating of a lifetime. *grinz*
    Last edited by Griffy; Apr 24 2014 at 05:06 PM.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Small question, as I play on Brandywine: does Snowlock still play the game?
    R10 LM - R10 Burg - R7 Hunter - R11 Warg - R11 Defiler - R8 BA

As for last year discussions:

Raids, PvP, Kinships and Housing are the items most brought up by the council members to the devs. Other past members feel free to disagree, but that is my memory of our time together. As for which one was 1, 2, etc. I really did not count or care. Just to let you all know it was a wide range of discussions which members of the council presented and in some cases repeatedly brought up.

Some of the things we discussed you know about already. The farming discussion took a good 12 weeks (My guess again). The new community guidelines also was a major issue we all worked on. Many times it was discussions on what a word meant when it was translated into German and if it really meant the same things, etc. So we did have great input on a wide range of things. Again "input" not decision making.

I think most folks do not realize that many things we see today were planned, designed, and go ahead for those items given in 2012 or maybe even before. We all learned it takes a long, looooomg time to make changes to such a huge system. Remember they have been writing code for this game for close to 10 years now.

As for one thing the 2013 council did discuss a lot, which we were beat up on here, was the "riding skill and the cost". I want you all to know we all offered our ideas on what it should cost and do etc. The funny thing was the last post I made concern the skill was "I would NEVER spend that amount of TP on anything in game". Well a couple of months later I did buy it and told the Store Team it was one of the best things they had ever offered in the store. LOL

Just goes to show you what you think and say will be the opposite of what you do. hehe

I am fairly sure there was an over abundance of raiders and PvP players on the council compared to the general population, but that made for some great passionate discussions both for and against many issues.

As for seeing the old council post, even we can not see them anymore. They are hidden from the view of the wise by the shadow. hehe
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

Grats to those that made it in. Personally I didn't apply but that's due to IRL problems health wise. I honestly hope there will be some sort of show of the efforts behind the scenes to the players. Though I had thought the Players Council is suppose to be sort of a voice of the players but it is not? Can that be clarified please? Thanks!
    [size=3][font=papyrus][color=#00FF99]Tessariel Aerlinn of Landroval[/color]
    [color=#33CC99]Elven Minstrel of Rivendell[/color]
    [url=http://www.sonsofnumenor.com/portal/]Member of Sons of Numenor[/url][/size][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by Cordh View Post
    Small question, as I play on Brandywine: does Snowlock still play the game?
    Yup! I'm a lifer. Hi :-)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast