We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    If the subject of kinships ever comes up, please do me proud
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Congratulations to everyone!

And especially big congratulations to my good friend ItsKiva and my kinmate Maxal! I am happy to see that my two main playstyles that you two carry will be represented by you two

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

New England where the Patriots, and the Red Sox Rule (well, sometimes...)
    Congrats to the new Council members and those asked to remain. It was an honor, and an informative year being on the first council...

I only regret 2 things...

First, not participating more and I hope the communication methods are more wide and varied for the new council...

Second, that we're no longer able to access the council forums...

Good luck and great guidance!

Cheers!

WarriorErick Rests after a day on or off the battlefield... IT = Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    The Turbine building visits are covered under a separate NDA that we haven't been released from. So, the location of the cookies must remain secret for now.
    Although to be fair, everyone knows Yickie ate them all.
    Council Of The West On Snowbourn

Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Congrats to the 2014 council, and the returning members from last year! Thanks to the 2013 council for all their hard work, and to Sapience for all he's done for the community this past year! I look forward to doing what I can to help the team and advocate for the players during my term.
    You'll do just fine. Congratulations!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Do we have an official thread going somewhere with questions to /answers from the 2013 PC yet if this isn't the place for it? So much to ask!
    Not yet, I figured I'd wait til questions started popping up in the Gen. Forums. Feel free to start one, if you like.

Congratulations to all 2014 Player Council members!

My time on the 2013 Council reaffirmed my belief that we are a real community; differences, diversity are strengths, and together we can see vistas that alone we are blind to.

This is seriously the most positive thing in gaming today, people with love of the game working to keep the love alive.
    [SIZE=2][B][I]Concerts, Crafting, Cosmetics, Horse Races, Chicken Runs, Role Play, Exploration, Screenshots, Video Capture, ... Oh, yeah, and some fighting the forces of evil bent on world domination and tyranny. [/I][/B][/SIZE]

As a member of the outgoing 2013 Players Council I want to thank Turbine, the Devs, the members of the 2013 council and last but not least Sapience for shepherding the process. It was a great honor to have participated. Thank you for lifting the NDA for the 2013 Council.

To the new members of the 2014 Players Council, I want to congratulate you on your selection. It's hard work. You WILL think about aspects you never considered before. You WILL be doing important work for the game and the players. You will be frustrated at times but the outcome will be well worth the efforts.

For those who did not get selected: Apply Next Year. Do not be deterred. There's limited room at the table, so apply every opportunity.

The council is not one unified monolithic entity. It's made up of a variety of players, styles, game interests, languages (although English is the required one) and viewpoints. All the voices on the council are heard. There's not one voice and not one opinion. All members of the council can say their piece. What is hard to do, is say it in a productive manner and with useable information. This takes time to learn but once you get that part down, every member has equal say. There are so many areas that get reviewed and giving good feedback requires learning new areas of the game, understanding aspects that are "under the covers", learning what is and is not possible to achieve, and focusing on what's on the platter in front of you. There's no rest and no respite. The Devs and Turbine offer up new platters all the time and it's the job of the council to review and comment on all of their requests. Additionally members bring up topics of importance. Topics from the main forums (hit that suggestion thread hard), from playing the game, listening to chat and direct input from other players and areas of their own interest.

One of the frustrations on the council comes, not just from so much to think about and comment on, but that the NDA prevents flow-back to the rest of the player base. Members of the council cannot comment on things they see, hear, read or learn. That does NOT mean they are not listening or doing things. If you, as an ordinary player, want to pass on an idea, area of concern or suggested change, know that the members DO bring these to the council, they just cannot tell you. So do not hesitate to let things be known.

The BEST place to state ideas and concerns is here in the forums. There are multiple reasons including, you can state your ideas exactly as you want them to be presented. The information is available to all the members exactly as you stated it. It's quasi-permanent and doesn't get lost in the wash or forgotten. Write up ideas on the forums to the best of your ability.

The year will go by so fast it will hardly seem to have happened and they are, no doubt, already into the deep end!

Congratulations to the 2014 Players Council!!!
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Is it not public knowledge that the cookies reside near +Sapience's desk? *peers at the livestream* I hope I didn't just violate some NDA!

Do we have an official thread going somewhere with questions to /answers from the 2013 PC yet if this isn't the place for it? So much to ask!
    It certainly should be by now!
    Hir i Meigol Bruinen/High Council Member of the EoI/Of the Exiles of the Hidden City/Meigol Bruinen, Uncle Seregnin's Misguided Children, Curse the name of Maeglin, the Treacherous Villain, forever, may he rot in the Halls of Mandos for all time....
    Player Councillor. http://www.swtor.com/r/XWNQXP is my refer-a-friend link for SWTOR.

Of the names I recognize, not a single surprise. Take that as you will.

Congrats and good luck.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    I see one name who just yesterday argued on forums that people shouldn't be allowed to check if his bot-boxes are afk or not. Walk of life: away from keyboard? PRO-botting is certainly a different angle on the council.
    You might recall that one of the very first topics covered by the 2013 Council was rank farming in the Moors. Turbine invited several pro-farming players onto the Council specifically to participate in that discussion.

I know it's popular to assert otherwise, but one thing I learned in my term is that Turbine really does want to hear all viewpoints, even and especially ones that oppose their own. I don't personally agree with this particular approach, but they've followed it pretty consistently.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Rimfin View Post
    Not as rare as you may believe I know of a few irish players including one from Bally mon
    I've only met one on my journeys so far but it might be because I'm on a US server. You should count yourself lucky, or maybe unlucky, to have come across a few! :P
    Are we meant to be living like this...

Znaitsirhc - 95 Hunter | Zectus - 95 Burg | Batoz - 58 mini

Good luck to our new council.

Don't let the devs forget that Instances and Raids are still something we need in LOTRO's endgame.
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

Congrads to the members of the 2014 Players Council !

Always remember that Hobbits are trolls in disguise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadur View Post
    Good luck to our new council.

Don't let the devs forget that Instances and Raids are still something we need in LOTRO's endgame.
    I think the devs are fully aware of this already.

Many congratulations! Very exciting list, best of luck to you all.

For those who did not get selected: Apply Next Year. Do not be deterred. There's limited room at the table, so apply every opportunity.
    Duly noted!
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    I think the devs are fully aware of this already.
    Well a whole year of council and... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadur View Post
    Well a whole year of council and... no.
    It's been stated elsewhere, that at the time of the PC 2013's formation a number of things were way too far in motion to stop and fully reverse course on. Trait trees. obviously. Almost certainly Epic Battles. 2014's group will have the opportunity to get their hands on more 'systems/topics in the raw'. Are EB's the plan for 2014 right now? Yes. (See +Rowan announcing there's a EB#6 in the works!) Could this change for 2014 or 2015 in some way due to the PC? Possible. As always, the PC can only guide, encourage, and warn, it is up to Turbine to listen or not.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Well done to all that took the big step to apply/nominate, and best of luck to this term's selected council members. Cheers!
    Zyngor || Main server: Landroval (also on Arkenstone) // LOTRO Players
    My LOTRO Character List (wiki page)

Congrats!

Congrats to the new 2014 Players Council!! One thing though, is there a way to get a list of them by server?? I don't use the forums as much and all the players are kinda foreign to me... Would be nice to keep up with the person(s) assigned to the Windfola server....

Quote Originally Posted by MCP2 View Post
    Congrats to the new 2014 Players Council!! One thing though, is there a way to get a list of them by server?? I don't use the forums as much and all the players are kinda foreign to me... Would be nice to keep up with the person(s) assigned to the Windfola server....
    Sapience has said that they'd rather not give the wrong impression (that the PC "represents" servers) since every server is essentially the same game. Though, I do appreciate the new members who have told us a bit about themselves - I'm not sure how many of the forum names I know either. :P
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by whosjgalt View Post
    THANKS! I look forward to serving on the council and getting Vilya's point of view addressed in our future endeavors!
    ... didn't Sapience just say PCs aren't supposed to represent servers?

It's been stated elsewhere, that at the time of the PC 2013's formation a number of things were way too far in motion to stop and fully reverse course on. Trait trees. obviously. Almost certainly Epic Battles. 2014's group will have the opportunity to get their hands on more 'systems/topics in the raw'. Are EB's the plan for 2014 right now? Yes. (See +Rowan announcing there's a EB#6 in the works!) Could this change for 2014 or 2015 in some way due to the PC? Possible. As always, the PC can only guide, encourage, and warn, it is up to Turbine to listen or not.
    The PC was a great experience, with wonderful people, both devs and community staff alike. It was just great to interact with such fine folk.

Sadly, most of our required feedback was around relatively small changes. The big things like Big Battles and Trait Trees where already too big of a snowball to be stopped, even it it was possible. Trait Trees were more easy to give feedback because there was so much to talk about.

Big battles, for me, were wrong from the start. The whole concept for me was wrong and something I wouldn't enjoy. But that was just my own personal opinion. And there lies the strength of the council, with so many different playstyles. They are not my cup of tea as far as end game but I respect and quite understand those who do enjoy them. I'm just sad that they replaced the more classic style of End Game instances we were used to have...

Congrats to the new Player Council members. I am especially happy to see a few names on there whom I feel best represent my feelings towards this game.
    Last edited by Arrabell; Apr 24 2014 at 03:15 PM.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Congrats to the new 2014 Players Council members!
    Players Council 2013

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast