We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Congratulations to all
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Counting 54 people for the council, you'll certainly get a wide variety of input.

Best wishes to the 2014 Player's Council. As I've said before, I hope that you are able to enact positive change.

And so this is interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    As of this post, the 2013 players council is released from their council NDA.

What exactly does that mean? Is it now possible to find out (after-the-fact), what and how the Council discussed and what kind of input they had in the last year?

Hobbit reporting for duty! Thank you for the opportunity to serve this year as part of the Player's Council.
    Amandakay (Arkenstone), refugee from Elendilmir
    Amorina (Laurelin)
    Hallaniel and Harweniel (Landroval)
    Lilta and Zyphrantha (Gladden)
    Bruyera (Sirannon), refugee from Estel

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    What exactly does that mean?
    It's literal. Their NDA is dropped now. They can discuss whatever they wish about their time on the council.

congrats!! on your appointments. @Nymphonic...Remember this is the year Hobbits consolidated power in the council and rip the mantle of power from those longshanks. FOR THE SHIRE!
    Holder of a Golden Ticket (lifetime acct)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    It's literal. Their NDA is dropped now. They can discuss whatever they wish about their time on the council.
    I have but one question for them. Where did you leave the cookies?
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

many thanks to all for your congratulations. I am as previously stated with the other PC members very pleased to have been picked as part of the council for this coming year.

As per my forum name my main toon name in Rimfin (hunter) and I play on Meneldor both end game raids, PvMP and also guilded crafters to help all those I am able to. I also run on my other 3 level capped toons being my rk Rimrune and Captain Rimcap.

Please feel free to contact me in game with any suggestions or concerns you may have and I'll be happy to pass those along.

Rimfin

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I have but one question for them. Where did you leave the cookies?
    The Turbine building visits are covered under a separate NDA that we haven't been released from. So, the location of the cookies must remain secret for now.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Congratulations to the 2014 LOTRO Players Council!

Thank you 2013 Council members for your efforts. I don't think it's an easy job to provide constructive feedback within an environment with so many different points of view, without crossing the line of being emotional, or even snide. I hope it has been a rewarding experience on all levels, both for the game and for yourselves.

Congratulations to the new 2014 Council members. All I can say is: make it count! We still have a journey ahead of us in Middle-earth.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

I am happy to be part of the 2014 Players Council, and I would like to congratulate the others selected, including returning members from the 2013 Council.

A brief introduction:

I've been playing LOTRO since the game launched seven years ago, initially on Eldar under Codemasters, and then on Riddermark with the F2P transition. For many years I ran the raiding kin Keepers of the Palantiri. While I don't raid as frequently now, I still like to group up regularly, whether it is with members of The Guild or any number of pug runs, or even some time in the Moors. I also enjoy solo content, from landscape questing to festivals and events. My main character is Belnavar (95 Captain), but I have one of each class on Riddermark, another one of each class on my second account, and another complete set on my old Eldar server.

I like variety in gameplay, so I enjoy having lots to do and many different systems to play around with. This, I believe, is one of the things LOTRO has going for it, and I hope to see not only new systems added, but expansions to existing systems. Landscape content is also very appealing to me, and arguably where Turbine excels most, so I look forward to our first steps into Gondor.

I am from Dublin, Ireland, and am a writer by day (and night).

It will be an interesting year ahead, and I look forward to the continuing success of LOTRO.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Congratulations to all the members of the 2014 Players Council -- good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    Is it now possible to find out (after-the-fact), what and how the Council discussed and what kind of input they had in the last year?
    It means surprisingly little since the last Producers letter!
    Executive Producer Aaron Campbell pretty much summarized what was talked about in Council (plus stuff we never covered!)

Other aspects of the Council discussions have been mentioned in last years Release Notes.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (91)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Congrats to each of you! May your time be enjoyable and fruitful! A big thank you to the Council alumni! Cookies and ale forthcoming...

Congrats Nymphonic for making PC14. Hope you stick it out and are given the space to make a positive contribution
    <A sig goes here>

Congratulations. Don't forget your humble beginnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    My friends tell me I should come with a warning label. I'm looking forward to a fun and interesting year.
    Your minstrel buddies here on the forum got together and bought you a distortion pedal for your lute in honor of your new appointment. Congrats!!!!

I am one of those carried over from the 2013 Players Council.
    Congratulations to all new members, you will enjoy it(that's an order).

Congratulations to the others of the Nine, we now have a lot of responsibility on our shoulders!
    Hir i Meigol Bruinen/High Council Member of the EoI/Of the Exiles of the Hidden City/Meigol Bruinen, Uncle Seregnin's Misguided Children, Curse the name of Maeglin, the Treacherous Villain, forever, may he rot in the Halls of Mandos for all time....
    Player Councillor. http://www.swtor.com/r/XWNQXP is my refer-a-friend link for SWTOR.

I see one name who just yesterday argued on forums that people shouldn't be allowed to check if his bot-boxes are afk or not. Walk of life: away from keyboard? PRO-botting is certainly a different angle on the council.

Congrats to the 2014 council, and the returning members from last year! Thanks to the 2013 council for all their hard work, and to Sapience for all he's done for the community this past year! I look forward to doing what I can to help the team and advocate for the players during my term.

Congratulations and Thank You In Advance for all the work you will be doing on our behalf

*cookies and hugs to all*
    Thalia, for Reacher
    Bubbie, for posterity
    Glyndis, because I needed an elf

Congrats to the new council members and thank you to Turbine for allowing me the opportunity to help this year as well. Another hobbit to go on that cookie jar quest!

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    I am happy to be part of the 2014 Players Council, and I would like to congratulate the others selected, including returning members from the 2013 Council.

A brief introduction:

I've been playing LOTRO since the game launched seven years ago, initially on Eldar under Codemasters, and then on Riddermark with the F2P transition. For many years I ran the raiding kin Keepers of the Palantiri. While I don't raid as frequently now, I still like to group up regularly, whether it is with members of The Guild or any number of pug runs, or even some time in the Moors. I also enjoy solo content, from landscape questing to festivals and events. My main character is Belnavar (95 Captain), but I have one of each class on Riddermark, another one of each class on my second account, and another complete set on my old Eldar server.

I like variety in gameplay, so I enjoy having lots to do and many different systems to play around with. This, I believe, is one of the things LOTRO has going for it, and I hope to see not only new systems added, but expansions to existing systems. Landscape content is also very appealing to me, and arguably where Turbine excels most, so I look forward to our first steps into Gondor.

I am from Dublin, Ireland, and am a writer by day (and night).

It will be an interesting year ahead, and I look forward to the continuing success of LOTRO.

-Bel
    A fellow Irishman! Glad you're on the council, we're a rare bunch in the game it would seem. Good luck!
    Are we meant to be living like this...

Znaitsirhc - 95 Hunter | Zectus - 95 Burg | Batoz - 58 mini

Quote Originally Posted by Reillym View Post
    A fellow Irishman! Glad you're on the council, we're a rare bunch in the game it would seem. Good luck!
    Not as rare as you may believe I know of a few irish players including one from Bally mon

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    The Turbine building visits are covered under a separate NDA that we haven't been released from. So, the location of the cookies must remain secret for now.
    Is it not public knowledge that the cookies reside near +Sapience's desk? *peers at the livestream* I hope I didn't just violate some NDA!

Do we have an official thread going somewhere with questions to /answers from the 2013 PC yet if this isn't the place for it? So much to ask!
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast