We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    The PC can suggest new skirmishes/instances day after day, that doesn't guarantee we will get any. It's all up to Turbine & if they don't wanna add any new there not going too no matter how much the PC persists.
    This is quite true however, should Turbine ask input from the PC about future activities like skirms, raids, pvmp or any other aspect of the game then it's helpful that the PC pass along their recommendations, ideas, suggestions and general input. That's what the PC is for. Turbine didn't create it to "do nothing".

For every activity or potential activity there's a lot of different ways it can be done. The PC can give inputs about which versions/variations they like best.

And fwiw: the 2014 PC members are likely just flummoxed at the moment by the mix of good wishes and slightly less-than good wishes but they can say nothing about it. And while they cannot say anything about what's on the table, they are certainly all giving it a good go to provide everyone who plays the game a future that is more than what we have today. That may take some time, but Frodo didn't get to Mordor on a jet plane, so we have time.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    And fwiw: the 2014 PC members are likely just flummoxed at the moment by the mix of good wishes and slightly less-than good wishes but they can say nothing about it.
    Flummoxed? Nah. Just going about my business.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

Continuing the introductions:

I've been playing since a few months after launch, on Gladden. I am an explorer -- I take it slow and easy, trying to hit every quest, explore every corner of the world, and eventually work up to things like meta-deeds; I don't worry about being the first person around to hit the new level cap or complete the newest instance, they'll still be there in a few months (and may have fewer bugs by the time I reach them). I am one of the leaders of a small kinship. I do some crafting for myself and my kinmates, and occasionally run around in the moors.

I haven't been active on the forums in the past, but I will be trying to keep up with them this year

/me flees from the DeadlyGazebo after discovering that his attacks do nothing to it!
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Flummoxed? Nah. Just going about my business.
    Not true: I was stalking Beainie: He was flummoxed alright!
    [URL="http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Pherenn/media/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u470/Pherenn/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Pherenn, Phermin, Pherkeeper, Phertain, Pherhuntress, Pherhunter, Pherburg, and too many others to track. Lotro Featured Player 2011; If I can help you...ask.

Quote Originally Posted by whosjgalt View Post
    Not true: I was stalking Beainie: He was flummoxed alright!
    Can't have been stalking me that effectively. He's a she.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

to the player counsil

Wel Congrats all and i hope y contrebute to make Lotro worth playing again for alot of members .

I sure hope that its now clear to turbine that we have nice 95 first age weapons ,gear , new class skils ,mitegations what are #### and NO NEW INSTANCES WERE WE CAN GET A CHALLANGE ON TO USE TEST THIS ITEMS !
    we soon get a new class * whats it gonna do tank heal dps all in a different traitline purchased bij 100 mithril coins ?
    Does it contibute to a specific task in raids? or is it just another fill up in epic battle fail?
    please ask /push turbine over the edge and make it clear that the loss of players isnt becuase the game is good , no its because we have alot class / quests /new gear/ weapons / skils .
    but no raid to test /push /challange /teamup/ make strategies /can get team effort / team joy .

so make a new raid, s were we can do stuf if we are done questing .

if i see the numbers on different servers its going downhill FAST.
    if i hear whats most complain look up or ask players in servers or go to servers and ask what We would see .

i want the lotro like it was when we started , i liked Rift, Dar Nargurbund, Halls of crafting , even watcher turtle , Ost Dunoth , Tower of Orthranc,Pits ,Foundry, Roots of Fangorn and all that stuff whats made to scale but since y fired alot of people never wil be scaled proably, yea i even enjoyed Erebor and the 3 and 6 mans and then we have the new Epic Battles ? or must i say Epic Fail.
    see what it did to player base , see that its the wrong way and go back to old system of raids and i gues the chanse is high that old players wil come back to enjoy Lotro as we used to know it.

and then the Lagg issue solve that first because its unplayebale on some times and no it isnt my pc it runs smooth in evry other game no it isnt my 100/100 fiber connection .
    its turbine end or server end .
    Good luck and i hope my opinion matters .

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I hate that I need to do this, but I might as well get it out of the way early before too many people go down a wrong path.

Harassment, abuse, and any other insulting or inappropriate behavior directed at a Player Council member will be addressed as if it were directed at a member of the Turbine staff. Last year several members of the council took a fair amount of abuse for no valid reason. This year there is zero tolerance for that.

If that's a problem for you, then I can assure you it won't be one for long.

Mmmmmmm! Feel the LOVE! ;]
    Last edited by Johann1; May 04 2014 at 07:45 AM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Pearljamfix View Post
    Wel Congrats all and i hope y contrebute to make Lotro worth playing again for alot of members .

I sure hope that its now clear to turbine that we have nice 95 first age weapons ,gear , new class skils ,mitegations what are #### and NO NEW INSTANCES WERE WE CAN GET A CHALLANGE ON TO USE TEST THIS ITEMS !
    we soon get a new class * whats it gonna do tank heal dps all in a different traitline purchased bij 100 mithril coins ?
    Does it contibute to a specific task in raids? or is it just another fill up in epic battle fail?
    please ask /push turbine over the edge and make it clear that the loss of players isnt becuase the game is good , no its because we have alot class / quests /new gear/ weapons / skils .
    but no raid to test /push /challange /teamup/ make strategies /can get team effort / team joy .

so make a new raid, s were we can do stuf if we are done questing .

if i see the numbers on different servers its going downhill FAST.
    if i hear whats most complain look up or ask players in servers or go to servers and ask what We would see .
    Well.... Lots to consider, but only one through subject. Challenge. Here is an area that crosses a lot of playability boundaries. "Challenge" can be had by scaling player stats, gear, skills, even movement. Or by scaling/creating in mobs the same. Also, by altering aggro distance. Adding/inserting content to instances. Increasing the numbers of mobs that react to certain stimuli. Etc.... So how about this, just to toss one idea to the winds: Allow Instances to be scaled PAST LEVEL CAP. I would love to push Arryen through a L100 battle.

i want the lotro like it was when we started , i liked Rift, Dar Nargurbund, Halls of crafting , even watcher turtle , Ost Dunoth , Tower of Orthranc,Pits ,Foundry, Roots of Fangorn and all that stuff whats made to scale but since y fired alot of people never wil be scaled proably, yea i even enjoyed Erebor and the 3 and 6 mans and then we have the new Epic Battles ? or must i say Epic Fail.
    see what it did to player base , see that its the wrong way and go back to old system of raids and i gues the chanse is high that old players wil come back to enjoy Lotro as we used to know it.
    I know what you mean. When we started, we were often STUNNED by the difficulty of getting through some areas/instances. But in a good way. We got frustrated when, time and again, we failed and all rezzed. But when we finally came through the end, we quite literally were jumping with joy. We turned up voice-act. on Ventrilo and shouted, laughed, and congratulated one another. If we'd been in-person, we would have hugged each other.
    THAT is, I thnk, what Pearlj. is missing. The HARD stuff. The things it takes a group to figure out. The places that can take your character out every time if you're not extremely lucky or if you don't have smart friends to rely on. The places where the very best raid gear can make a small difference, but will not make THE difference. The Return Of Smart and Scary in gameplay.

Good luck and i hope my opinion matters .
    Thank you, and it does. I hope this gets read. and I hope I caught the right gist of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Johann1 View Post
    Allow Instances to be scaled PAST LEVEL CAP. I would love to push Arryen through a L100 battle.
    Ooo, that might just be the best suggestion I've seen in ages. I would LOVE to see something like this.

I know what you mean. When we started, we were often STUNNED by the difficulty of getting through some areas/instances. But in a good way. We got frustrated when, time and again, we failed and all rezzed. But when we finally came through the end, we quite literally were jumping with joy. We turned up voice-act. on Ventrilo and shouted, laughed, and congratulated one another. If we'd been in-person, we would have hugged each other.
    THAT is, I thnk, what Pearlj. is missing. The HARD stuff. The things it takes a group to figure out. The places that can take your character out every time if you're not extremely lucky or if you don't have smart friends to rely on. The places where the very best raid gear can make a small difference, but will not make THE difference. The Return Of Smart and Scary in gameplay.
    This 100%

Well.... Lots to consider, but only one through subject. Challenge. Here is an area that crosses a lot of playability boundaries. "Challenge" can be had by scaling player stats, gear, skills, even movement. Or by scaling/creating in mobs the same. Also, by altering aggro distance. Adding/inserting content to instances. Increasing the numbers of mobs that react to certain stimuli. Etc.... So how about this, just to toss one idea to the winds: Allow Instances to be scaled PAST LEVEL CAP. I would love to push Arryen through a L100 battle.
    Not me, but I won't fuss if they do this.

Thank you, and it does. I hope this gets read. and I hope I caught the right gist of the post.
    Well, I don't call that challenge, nor 'hard' in the context of a computer game. I call that tedium (nice word, and I have another that is not so nice) and the 'elation' would last about 2 seconds for me. Then I'm going to try to avoid *ever* going through that again, one way or another.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Yes Thats exact what i ment to say in the post .
    and yes i hope to see that return in game ,becuase that is what people seek in a game .
    and if they dont find it in this current version of Lotro they try other games .

Congratulations to those who've become members of the 2014 Players Council

Turbine, will players be listed by server and perhaps their primary character name in-game as per 2013's Player Council? This could allow player on each server to approach members to pass on suggestions or feedback. I understand if this is not possible due to technical reasons, or harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgorthorn View Post
    Congratulations to those who've become members of the 2014 Players Council

Turbine, will players be listed by server and perhaps their primary character name in-game as per 2013's Player Council? This could allow player on each server to approach members to pass on suggestions or feedback. I understand if this is not possible due to technical reasons, or harassment.
    They've chosen not to do that this year. Listing members by server gave the incorrect impression that a PCer from Withywindle somehow represented Withywindle as a server: they don't. Each server is essentially the same game. With that said, do send your feedback/suggestions along to any PC member you think would benefit from hearing it! And there's always the suggestions board.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    They've chosen not to do that this year. Listing members by server gave the incorrect impression that a PCer from Withywindle somehow represented Withywindle as a server: they don't. Each server is essentially the same game. With that said, do send your feedback/suggestions along to any PC member you think would benefit from hearing it! And there's always the suggestions board.
    Fair call...

Some form of identification or deliniation would be helpful - i.e. If I have a suggestion re: PvMP, it would be good to discuss it with a Player Council member who's interests align with PvMP. Alternately, if I knew one of the Player Council members on one of the servers I play on, then I could send them an in-game mail.

I might suggest some form of deliniation of PC members based on accessability/interest via a feedback channel to Turbine, as currently sending a mail blindly to someone via their forum name, or posting an idea to the Forums can be intimidating for some players, and valuable feedback is lost *sadface*

Fair call...

I might suggest some form of deliniation of PC members based on accessability/interest via a feedback channel to Turbine, as currently sending a mail blindly to someone via their forum name, or posting an idea to the Forums can be intimidating for some players, and valuable feedback is lost *sadface*
    It became evident from discussions with Yicky in the last TTHTI text chat that Turbine's delineations (by their own usage metrics) may not line up with ours. PC2014 members with a particular interest in a aspect of the game should feel free to say so somewhere. It may take the form of a single unified thread that they're the only ones posting to, submitted compiled into a 'news/article/official' post, or simply posting in the various subforums reminding people that they have a particular in this aspect of the game.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I hope they decide to stop the constant level cap raises. This game is quickly becoming a waste of time.

Fair call...

Some form of identification or deliniation would be helpful - i.e. If I have a suggestion re: PvMP, it would be good to discuss it with a Player Council member who's interests align with PvMP. Alternately, if I knew one of the Player Council members on one of the servers I play on, then I could send them an in-game mail.

By far the very best way to do this is to post in the suggestions forums, or in the forums for your particular area of interest. PC members spend a lot of time in the regular forums reading the latest on whatever areas of the game they are most interested in or most knowledgeable on, and bring a lot of suggestions and input from those forums back to the council, linking back to the original post in the regular forums. If you were to approach someone on an individual level privately, then you're relying on that person to fully understand your intentions and translate them accurately to the council, and there's room for error there. Whereas if you describe it in detail in the forums, not only will council members see what you've actually written, they can follow up with you and ask questions if they want to. Best of all, if other players are interested in your idea they can contribute as well.

gratz to the NEW members

but were there really that few applicants that you had to carry over people from last year... imho that really defeats the purpose of the council... cuz now you will have people putting themselves before the game and trying to figure out how they can get carried over to the next council, rather than focusing on the game and the core mission of the council...

sad that turbine didn't figure that out from basic US politics with our lifetime politicians...

Thank you to all those selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvani View Post
    but were there really that few applicants that you had to carry over people from last year... imho that really defeats the purpose of the council... cuz now you will have people putting themselves before the game and trying to figure out how they can get carried over to the next council, rather than focusing on the game and the core mission of the council...
    The only real way to improve your chances of getting carried over might be to ensure you are of great value in the council, to participate and give insightful, well thought out input in a civil, clear-headed tone, to be respectful of the devs and other council members and all-round do a good job. If everyone is working hard at doing that, is it really such a bad thing?

Aside from that, there were only a few people carried over, and from what I understand that was largely to help support the new council to hit the ground running.

gratz to the NEW members

sad that turbine didn't figure that out from basic US politics with our lifetime politicians...
    I know of people that applied who were not chosen. I can't say why because I don't know, but I know one of the applicants personally and he would've been a good choice also IMO. I believe the members who remained were kept because of their contributions.

Everybody has their own viewpoint of what is best for the game, and the range is very wide. There are a number of us who are not shy about voicing our opinions about what is good and bad on a number of subjects. Where it all shakes down in the end is up to Turbine.
    GLADDEN SERVER

but were there really that few applicants that you had to carry over people from last year...
    I think you misunderstood. The few that were held over were more to help transition the new group. Had nothing to do with the number of applicants.

gratz to the NEW members

This is a risk that Turbine needs to take if they want to have a Council to begin with. To get on the Council for the first time, you have to be chosen; and to be chosen, there are people who will try and make themselves "look good" without contributing to the game. It's not isolated to would-be returners. Turbine seems to have weighed that risk and decided that the chance of some players acting selfishly is worth the feedback and insight they gain from the Council. A reasonable decision, I think.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    I am so excited and honored to have been chosen for the 2014 Players Council! Thank you, Turbine! I very much look forward to being part of the council this year, and it looks to be a very exciting year with Vol 4 and the new class coming! Yay!

~Lethareth
    2014 LOTRO Player Council Member
    AAArrgghhhh no...... we are all doomed

Gratz to ALL chosen for the Council

Just remember to keep Leth in his place

./runsandhides

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast