We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Some tavern, somewhere in the Shire, lost the keys to my horse

Cool Squishy feeling? Troubleshooting thread (stats and virtues)

This may be seen as a duplicate thread, but I ask that you respond with hard information about your characters that will help others provide advice on how to de-squishify your build, or for the Devs to view as helpful information toward tweaking play balance in future updates.

If you are still feeling powerful, posting your stats would be of immense help to others who may wish to emulate your builds.

So in that spirit let me start things off with a template of what I feel is an example of helpful information:

~~~
    Build:
    Level 65 Hobbit Minstrel playing mostly at level.

Final Stats:

Might: 143
    Agility: 139
    Vitality: 496
    Will: 811
    Fate: 658
    Health: 3549
    Power: 5013

Armour and Weapon buffs:

An even balance between class appropriate stat buffs (will and fate mostly) with offensive and defensive mitigation's like Resistance, Tactical and Physical Mitigation, Critical Multipliers and Tactical mastery. I don't have what I would call high end armour nor weapons, it's all middle of the road and crafted at a few levels below my current level.

Virtues:

Empathy: 11 (I know, need to work on these)
    Idealism: 10 (did I mention I need to finish some deeds?)
    Innocence: 10
    Wisdom: 12
    Charity: 10

Racial:

Hobbit-Stature
    Guile and Conviction
    Virtuous Hobbit
    Return to MD (Hey, I need the travel option!)
    Hobbit-silence (for those rare times I think to use it)

Class Traits:

The Warrior-Scald as primary for soloing, Protector of Song for grouping.
    37 points spent in both, all within that tree (not hybrid, although thinking about it.)
    Warrior-Scald is maxed on Finesse and is offensive / max damage on everything possible.
    Protector of Song maxed on healing and reduced threat.

Notes:

Not feeling particularly squishy at all. I succeed at punishing up to 6 on-level mobs at a time, and most Signatures and Elites with their adds (but am more careful to not attract other mobs during those battles). I am using health and poison/injury pots again (they were stacking up in my inventory prior to update 13) which is okay by me. I find this build very playable and enjoyable solo, even after Update 13. It's also very good in fellowships in either nuke mode or healing mode (depends on needs of the group.)

Sooo . . . what are YOUR stats, and how goes your squishy ratio since Update 13? Share!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Ogmios; Apr 23 2014 at 03:25 PM.
    Ogmios ~ Davidge ~ Eriuwen ~ Kainoa ~ Braidfoot

You should go to the Minstrel forums with this question. They can better help you there.
    Ujest - 105 Lore-master, Opun - 76 Warden, plus alts and mules
    Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo Vilya)

You put alot of effort in, I see that. But honestly, yes it is rather duplicating.

I disagree. The OP isn't asking for Minstrel-only stuff, for one thing -- their minstrel is just their example. I have also not personally seen a thread devoted to lots of builds. The idea is for everyone to pool their resources and ultimately figure out some good ways for all the classes to compensate for the U13 changes.

As I'm still swimming in the ocean that is squishy... I don't think I have anything to contribute yet...
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I disagree. The OP isn't asking for Minstrel-only stuff, for one thing -- their minstrel is just their example. I have also not personally seen a thread devoted to lots of builds. The idea is for everyone to pool their resources and ultimately figure out some good ways for all the classes to compensate for the U13 changes.
    Precisely, and thank you.

As I'm still swimming in the ocean that is squishy... I don't think I have anything to contribute yet...
    Or you might post what you have, and let others make suggestions in specific area's to improve to reduce that squishy feeling . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    You should go to the Minstrel forums with this question. They can better help you there.
    I may have mislead you in thinking I was asking about Minstrels, I was not specifically doing that. Rather I meant to provide an example of what might help others think towards traits and stats (for any class) that might reduce their vulnerability to damage and make playing more enjoyable.

Personally I love my build as provided - and yes I realize it's not a "traditional" mini build . . . heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmios View Post
    I may have mislead you in thinking I was asking about Minstrels, I was not specifically doing that. Rather I meant to provide an example of what might help others think towards traits and stats (for any class) that might reduce their vulnerability to damage and make playing more enjoyable.

Personally I love my build as provided - and yes I realize it's not a "traditional" mini build . . . heh.
    There's a LOT of data from various classes in the 'too squishy' thread https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...51-Too-squishy Although it's buried amongst the Goldilocks type comments (i think its too hard, too soft, just right). Perhaps you could summarise that information here as a clean start. I had a go as did others in that thread

Be good if it were consolidated
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Considering virtues.. I have updated Lotro-Wiki virtue page http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues with information from my spreadsheet, so it's up to date again.

Important are mitigations. Foremost physical for landscape and tactical becomes very important in instances.
    Mitigations come from armour (100% to physical, 20% to tactical mitigation) and in raw form.

Personally I would advice to look mainly at the raw stat columns Phys and Tac, and focus on virtues which are strongest (high or medium level stat) in there:

Innocence
    Zeal
    Tolerance
    Mercy
    Compassion
    Charity
    Fidelity
    Honour

And an option is Empathy with it's high level stat armour.

Which one to use depends on class and gear. Normally you would aim for maximum physical first, but that can differ from situation.

Mitigation ratings and maxima per armour class (at 95):
    Heavy: 15834 -> 60% (max)
    Medium: 17813 -> 50% (max)
    Light: 11875 -> 40% (max)

Keep in mind that you can use a warding scroll and other consumables to get higher mitigations. It's generally not needed to get these rating limits from only your gear and virtues.

Considering mitigations. Another tip is to use a crafted relic like Eastemnet/Westemnet Device of Protection in your Legendary Items. These relics give both physical and tactical mitigations. You would have to let go of a possible critical/mastery rating relic there, but those ratings can be found elsewhere as well. High level items with raw mitigation stats do not exist (at 95).

Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    Considering mitigations. Another tip is to use a crafted relic like Eastemnet/Westemnet Device of Protection in your Legendary Items. These relics give both physical and tactical mitigations. You would have to let go of a possible critical/mastery rating relic there, but those ratings can be found elsewhere as well. High level items with raw mitigation stats do not exist (at 95).
    This is actually a really good tip, unless my Alzheimer has kicked in again, it also contains a bit of crit defence that is useful for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmios View Post
    Precisely, and thank you.

Or you might post what you have, and let others make suggestions in specific area's to improve to reduce that squishy feeling . . .
    NP.

Okay, I guess I will post what I have. I died on page 7 of the "Too squishy" thread from depression, so I might as well return to this thread.

So far I have only played my tacticals, and here are their stats.

Quote Originally Posted by FAYAH - MINSTREL - LEVEL 95 HOBBIT
    Gear is teal except for my chestpiece (which is purple). Overwhelming majority is from EBs. Level 95 2nd agers catered towards healing. This is a raiding/PvMP toon.

Basic Stats
    Morale: 14094
    Power: 6669
    Armour: 9020
    Might: 73
    Agility: 57
    Vitality: 3199
    Will: 3597
    Fate: 384

Offense
    Critical Rating: 8690 (20.6% crit hit; 6.4% dev hit; 23.4% magnitude)
    Finesse: 18289 (32.7%)
    Physical Mastery: 29973 (84.9% melee/ranged damage)
    Tactical Mastery: 36365 (101.6% tactical damage; 56.2% tactical outgoing healing)

Defense
    Resistance: 18248 (32.7%)
    Critical Defense: 1416 (13.0%; 0 extra modifiers)
    Incoming Healing: 0

Avoidance
    Block: 221 (.6% block; .2% partial block; when partial damage is reduced by .6%)
    Parry: 260 (.7% parry; .2% partial parry; when partial damage is reduced by .7%)
    Evade: 1367 (3.5% evade; 1.1% partial evade; when partial damage is reduced by 3.5%)

Mitigations
    --Damage Source
    Melee: 0
    Ranged: 0
    Tactical: 0
    --Damage Type
    Physical: 12228 (40.0%; orc-craft 24.2%; fell-wrought 24.2%)
    Tactical: 7729 (31.1% all except shadow mit, which is 32.1%)

Racial Traits
    Guile and Conviction Bonus (+5% to damage/morale from Guile/Conviction Fellowship Skills)
    Return to the Shire (gotta have my ports xD)
    Hobbit-silence (30s feint death with a 30m cooldown; extra possum-stunts are always a good thing)
    Hobbit-resilience (+2 hope for 10m, 30m cooldown; fellow members must be within 20m to receive effect)
    Hobbit-stealth (stealth with a 30m cooldown; never know when some sneakery can help out)

The other 4 racial traits includes one that gives extra club damage (I use a dagger, and I only have 1 melee skill anyway), +20 might (no-brainer useless), +1 Idealism/Empathy/Honesty (rendered useless because almost every single virtue is 16-18 already, and the ones I use are already at 18; my lowest possible is T14), and Throw Stone (83 damage, 3s daze, not worth borthering with).

Virtues
    T18 Charity (3105 Resistance; 875 Phys Mit; 353 nCPR)
    T18 Zeal (392 Max Morale; 875 Phys Mit; 270 Armour)
    T18 Fidelity (1458 Tact Mit; 72 Vitality; 52 Max Power)
    T18 Innocence (1458 Phys Mit; 1551 Resistance; 486 Tact Mit)
    T18 Loyalty (108 Vitality; 106 Max Power; 270 Armour)

Class Traits
    The Warrior-Skald (red) focus:
    31 points in red (which is enough to maximize the 7 yellow traits on the far-right column)
    17 points in yellow
    0 points in blue
    Total of 65 points spent

The Watcher of Resolve (blue)
    N/A

The Warrior-Skald (red)
    5/5 The Fundamentals (+25% ballad/coda damage)
    1/1 Concussive Shout (Crit hits with Piercing Cry stuns for 5s; +30% Piercing Cry Crit Chance)
    3/5 Critical Strikes (+3% melee/ranged/tactical crit chance; +3% tactical crit multiplier)
    5/5 Piercing Ballads (+15% critical chance of ballads)
    1/1 Call of Earendil (attack skill)
    2/2 Improved Call of Orome (+4 Call of Orome and Earendil targets; +25% Call of Orome and Earendil damage)
    5/5 Enduring Morale (+825 Max Morale)
    5/5 Finesse (+2367 Finesse)
    1/1 Cry of the Valar (attack skill)
    2/3 Improved Coda of Fury (+20% chance to reset cry/call cooldown when using the Coda of Fury; no benefit in Melody stance, which I use, but I needed to add points somewhere in order to get...)
    1/1 Cry of the Wizards (attack skill)

The Protector of Song (yellow)
    5/5 Vocal Stamina (-10 Anthem cooldown)
    1/1 Anthem of Composure (anthem skill)
    4/5 Extended Anthems (+8 anthem duration)
    5/5 Tactical Mastery (+760)
    2/2 Sharing a Story (+2.5 Crit chance of ballads; ballad crits reset the cooldowns of all versions of Piercing Cry)

Set Bonus
    Discordant Ballads (+5% tactical damage buff from all ballads for 8s when switching to Dissonance; not much value to me in Melody)
    Piercing Calls (-10% chance for enemies to resist my cries/calls
    Concentration (on every skill, on every crit, damage will not set back inductions for 6s; scoring a crit/devastating with a cry/call will craft 5s of induction setback immunity)
    Haste (ballads reduce active cooldowns of cries and calls by 1s)
    Freedom (+10% chance for calls and cries to unlock Raise the Spirit or Chord of Salvation to be used on an ally for 10s)
    Fierce Cries (+15% cry/call critical damage)
    Encore (-30% chance for codas to cashout ballad buffs)

Activities
    I've been duoing with a buddy (his hunter) for the new U13 stuff in Fangorn. Together, we are fine. In the crafting instances I am managing okay. It was different before I changed my Virtues (can't remember what they were before) but doing okay. I can take on 2-3 mobs with little difficulty (playing in Melody; my hybrid heal/DPS stance). 4 mobs can be touch-and-go. Any more and your guess is as good as mine -- I generally try to avoid situations like that. xD This is acceptable. Being mobile really helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIENNAH - LORE-MASTER - LEVEL 95 HUMAN
    Gear is overwhelmingly quest/loot (mostly purples, a few teals, 1 green). Level 95 3rd agers catered towards healing. This is not a raiding toon.

Basic Stats
    Morale: 11632
    Power: 7864
    Armour: 6233
    Might: 72
    Agility: 80
    Vitality: 2553
    Will: 3243
    Fate: 824

Offense
    Critical Rating: 6337 (14.4% crit hit; 4.8% dev hit; 18.2% magnitude)
    Finesse: 8759 (18.9%)
    Physical Mastery: 27068 (76.6% melee/ranged damage)
    Tactical Mastery: 31103 (98.4% tactical damage; 46.6% tactical outgoing healing)

Defense
    Resistance: 20560 (35.5%)
    Critical Defense: 0

Avoidance
    Block: N/A
    Parry: 1072 (3.8% parry; .8% partial parry; when partial damage is reduced by 2.8%)
    Evade: 2082 (5.2% evade; 1.6% partial evade; when partial damage is reduced by 5.2%)

Mitigations
    --Damage Source
    --Damage Type
    Physical: 8733 (33.5%; orc-craft 20.6%; fell-wrought 20.6%)
    Tactical: 6329 (27.7% all)

Racial Traits
    Tactics and Might Bonus (+5% to power restoration/damage from Tactics/Might Fellowship Skills)
    Man Sword-damage Bonus (+5% sword damage)
    Man of the Fourth Age (+20 Will)
    Balance of Man (+768 Evade/Parry/Block Rating)
    Return to Bree (gotta have my ports)

The other 4 racial traits includes Upper-cut (109 damage, 3s daze, not worth bothering with), +1 Justice/Confidence/Patience, Duty-bound (+5% max morale for 20m with a 30m cooldown), and Strength of Morale (+2k to 3k morale; 30m cooldown). The latter two are the only ones of any value.

Virtues
    T16 Innocence (1296 Phys Mit; 1379 Resistance; 432 Tact Mit)
    T17 Charity (2933 Resistance; 826 Phys Mit; 335 nCPR)
    T12 Honour (2070 Resistance; 583 Tact Mit; 24 Vitality)
    T16 Idealism (96 Fate; 1379 Resistance; 48 Will)
    T14 Patience (113 iCPR; 1207 Resistance; 378 Phys Mit)

Class Traits
    Master of Nature's Fury (red) focus:
    31 points in red (which is enough to maximize the 7 red traits on the far-right column)
    17 points in yellow
    0 points in blue
    Total of 65 points spent

Keeper of Animals (blue)
    N/A

Master of Nature's Fury (red)
    2/2 Rapid Fire (-10% all inductions)
    5/5 Tactical Damage (+10%)
    3/3 Burning Earth (+15% Cracked Earth Damage)
    5/5 Knowledge of Storms (+25% lightning damage)
    1/1 Sword and Storm (Staff-strike deals bonus lightning damage and stuns)
    3/3 Lightning Storm (attack skill)
    3/3 Empowering Fires (+30% Morale and +24% Power restored when using Sign of Battle: Wizard's Fire on a flanked target)
    5/5 Fierce Lightning (+50% chance for lightning to ignite the ground)
    3/3 Ring of Fire (attack skill)
    1/1 Nature's Fury (attack skill)

The Ancient Master (yellow)
    1/5 Fire-lore (melee damage debuff)
    1/5 Frost-lore (tactical damage debuff)
    3/3 Storm-lore (attack skill)
    5/5 Mending Lore (+25% healing; +5% Water-lore healing buff mod)
    1/1 Power of Knowledge (+15% morale/power from Power of Knowledge)
    5/5 Level-headed (-25% morale cost of skills)
    1/5 Flow of Power (+5% power restored by Power of Knowledge and Share the Power)

Set Bonus
    Improved Ignition (+15% cashout damage from Lightning-strike and Lightning-storm)
    Master of the Elements (+10% fire/light/lightning/frost damage)
    Exposure to the Elements (+20% elemental critical damage)
    Liquid Fire (stick Gourd becomes Improved Sticky Gourd and applies Burning Embers to targets in its AoE every 4s)
    Buying Time (when my pet flanks my enemy, I get the chance to use Hasten Sticky Gourd; reducing SG's cooldown by 5s)
    Ents Go to War (attack skill; + Hasten Ents Go To War, which does the same as the above only by 12s)
    Flame of Anor (Sign of Battle: Wizard's Fire now affects up to 2 additional targets; +35% chance to trigger a lightning strike during Nature's Fury)

Activities
    Duoing this time with my buddy's warden. Again, we do fine together. But I'm getting my butt chewed off in the crafting instances. I had different virtues pre-U13, but even after stacking the virtues with the most mits and resistances (and going from either an all-blue [pet-focused] stance to this red/yellow hybrid), I still am having a miserable time. I use my Lynx, which is set to defend me/itself but NOT to attack my target and not on aggro. I have it use its sneak attack whenever possible and have the other two attacks on a non-stop usage (you can toggle them to be used whenever the cooldown expires). My Lynx has 17k-ish morale. When facing more than one target, I find it beneficial to have my pet attack one mob and me the rest. That helps keep at least one enemy's attention off me, and my pet has way more health than I do. One mob I'm fine. Two mobs and I have to tread carefully. 3 mobs I sometimes die. 4 mobs and I might as well not try. I use my debuffs when able and my CCs when possible (which often isn't if the mobs have active bleeds on them). When given time to prepare (ie: CCing mobs when entering the fight) I can do moderately well against 3-4 mobs. However, in those crafting instances, there are a lot of wandering mobs, and tight corners that make it hard to notice them coming up behind you. And of course, they are densely packed. So if a walker comes up behind me and happens to be in range of even more mobs further down the path, I can end up with way more mobs than I can handle. I try to drag mobs back into cleared areas, but with narrow passageways, this is not always a viable alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHURIK - RUNE-KEEPER - LEVEL 95 DWARF
    Gear is overwhelmingly quest/loot (mostly purples, a few teals, 2 greens). Level 95 3rd agers catered towards healing. This is not a raiding toon.

Basic Stats
    Morale: 11770
    Power: 7665
    Armour: 6304
    Might: 73
    Agility: 74
    Vitality: 2496
    Will: 3086
    Fate: 651

Offense
    Critical Rating: 7036 (15.5% crit hit melee/ranged; 18.5% crit hit tactical; 5.3% dev hit all; 19.8% magnitude all)
    Finesse: 11250 (23.0%)
    Physical Mastery: 25837 (73.5% melee/ranged damage -- does that even exist on a RK? Oh, yeah, for when I get disarmed... xD)
    Tactical Mastery: 30533 (91.7% tactical damage; 46.0% tactical outgoing healing)

Defense
    Resistance: 19960 (34.8%)
    Critical Defense: 0

Avoidance
    Block: N/A
    Parry: 868 (2.3% parry; 0.7% partial parry; when partial damage is reduced by 2.3%)
    Evade: 796 (2.1% evade; 0.6% partial evade; when partial damage is reduced by 2.1%)

Mitigations
    --Damage Source
    --Damage Type
    Physical: 9512 (36.2%; orc-craft 22.7%; fell-wrought 22.7%)
    Tactical: 6391 (27.8% all)

Racial Traits
    Guile and Might Bonus (+5% to damage from Guile/Might Fellowship Skills)
    Fateful Dwarf (+20 Fate)
    Return to Thorin's Gate (gotta have my ports)
    Endurance of Stone (-50% incoming all damage for 10s on a 30m cooldown)
    Dwarf-Endurance (+114 Vitality for 10m [20m range for fellows if in a group] on a 30m cooldown)

The other 4 racial traits includes one that gives extra axe damage (obviously worthless for an RK), extra block rating (no shield, so no use), +1 Fidelity/Loyalty/Honesty (not using those virtues), and Head-butt (98 damage, 3s daze, not worth bothering with).

Virtues
    T16 Charity (2760 Resistance; 778 Phys Mit; 316 nCPR)
    T14 Compassion (1134 Phys Mit; 417 nCPR; 378 Tact Mit)
    T15 Confidence (2587 Resistance; 90 Will; 61 iCPR)

Class Traits
    Solitary Thunder (yellow) focus:
    25 points in yellow (which is enough to maximize the 7 yellow traits on the far-right column)
    18 points in red
    22 points in blue
    Total of 65 points spent

Benediction of Peace (blue)
    1/1 Mending Verse (heal skill)
    4/5 Determination (59 Will)
    1/1 Rune of Restoration (lame stone)
    4/5 Prophetic Word (+24% Mending Verse healing)
    1/3 Rune of Endurance (+10% Rune of Restoration healing)

Cleansing Flame (red)
    5/5 Deliberate Address (+5% Tactical Damage)
    3/5 Overflowing Confidence (+10% Self Motivation Heal; -8% SM Power Cost)
    1/1 Essence of Flame (attack skill)

Solitary Thunder (yellow)
    1/1 Ceaseless Argument (attack skill)
    5/5 Confounding Principles (+5s Shocking Touch Daze duration; +25% Shocking Touch damage)
    5/5 Fortune Smiles (74 Fate)
    1/1 Fulgurite Runestone (stunning stone)
    5/5 Thundrous Words (15% chance on all lightning skills to give +20% lightning critical hit chance for 20s)
    3/3 Statically Charged (+30% Fulgurite Runestone damage; +40% Slow)
    1/1 Epic Conclusion (attack skill)
    3/5 Harsh Debate (+15% chance on all lightning skills to give +9% tactical damage for 20s)
    1/1 Vivid Imagery (attack/daze AoE skill)

Set Bonus
    Lightning Affinity (+20% lightning damage)
    Shocked (Writ of Lightning increases enemy inductions by 8% and attack duration by 5% per tier)
    Master of Tragedy (+2% max power on lightning crits)
    Tale of the Storm (+1% crit chance per battle attunement pip; +3% crit damage per battle attunement pip)
    Sustenance (Sustaining Bolt now heals; potency based off Battle Attunement; this has become a life-saver)
    Refutation (on every lightning skill, on crit hits, next lightning attack will penetrate 10% of target's tact mits; expires if out of combat for 9s; 30m duration)
    Static Surge (attack skill)

Activities
    Duoing with my buddy's champion, still fine. Crafting instances? Not so much. Not as bad as the LM (being mobile really helps) but not as good as the minstrel. In my above specs, I have only a limited amount of heals. My stone is almost worthless (200ish morale every 3s? pfft), my two always-available heals have inductions, and my other two skills require me being heal-attuned (one is an instant bubble; the other a long-induction big heal). Again, I changed my virtues post-U13 to have more mits/resistance, and retraited from a formerly all-yellow trait spec to this crazy hybrid. 1-2 mobs I'm fine. 3 mobs and I have to tread very carefully. 4+ mobs and I might as well not try. If I get in some lucky stuns and manage to throw down my stones again to hopefully draw attention from me, then I might be able to get away with winning against 4-5 mobs, but only by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin. I throw down my healing stone (whoopie) and my lightning stone and then dig in, often kiting (if possible) when faced with 3 or more mobs. The only thing that really makes my time on this toon better than on the LM is that my attacks don't have many inductions and I put out more damage. Having limited heals on inductions remains as poor on this toon as on my LM.
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; Apr 25 2014 at 05:07 PM.

Some General Advice

I wanted to chime in with some general advice to help everyone. I know this thread was started to help everyone. But, there are some great resources *everyone* should be taking advantage of... and good questions you should be asking of yourself.

Resources To Use

> MOST IMPORTANT < = Take the time to READ over your character in-game. There is a lot of information about what your character needs/does right within the game. A lot of people ignore the most important place of information. Do not be afraid to take... an hour... or two... and just read every little detail about your character the game tells you... What are your primary stats? How does increasing/decreasing your stats affect your character? Those sort of questions can be answered just by hovering your mouse over text and reading the pop-up info.

>> Also, do take time to skim over the sub-forum for your class. There are some great, helpful threads packed with information "stickied" right to the top. Even if some information is old, you can still glean some useful tidbits from it.

>> Ask questions... post them in your class's sub-forum where the people who know your class can help you with class-specific problems. Every class is different. Minstrels and Rune-keepers both have many things in common... but they are also very much different. So, seek help from people who know the individual class's needs.

>> Head over to "Lotro-Wiki". That is a nice website chock-full of information straight from the game... in a more searchable format. There are quite a few useful guides there as well.

>> Do not be afraid to ask in-game for help. Contrary to myth... there are some great folks who can answer your questions on the spot.

So, right there are 4-5 easy ways to get help... better help than the general discussion area may generate.

Questions to Ask Yourself

If you are struggling (or even if you aren't), there are some questions you should go through (a check-list) to help isolate any problems...

1. Do I have decent gear? Is all of my jewelry, armor, weapons, and any other gear up-to-date?

Quest gear is OK... but ideally you should be seeking *crafted* gear whenever you can get it. Characters using crafted gear (doesn't have to be guild quality) tend to do better than those who don't.
    And, ideally, you should be updating your gear at least every 10 levels... perhaps more often if you can.

This is a good reason to seek out a good kinship. Any good kinship worth its salt will seek to leverage the crafting system to the benefit of all members. If your kinship does not regularly (and willingly) help each other... don't be afraid to seek one that does.

2. Am I using a good trait set-up for my class traits?

With the trait-tree system, you have the ability to pick up a variety of traits. But, take time to read what each trait does... and invest your trait points wisely. Don't be afraid to play around with different set-ups to see if one is better.

3. Are my Virtue/Racial traits the right ones...?

These traits may not be quite as important as your class traits... but increasing your virtues (or even using them to begin with!)... using the right ones... and slotting any racial traits... it can have an impact.

This simply involves *reading* each Virtue or Racial trait and picking the ones that will help you the most. Again, don't be afraid to experiment.

4. If I use Legendary Items, do I have the right legacies? Have I bothered to slot any relics/settings? Have I spent points on ranking up legacies?

Legendary items can make a significant impact... if you have chosen the right legacies that match up with your character's skills/traits. Learning to leverage your Legendary Items will help a lot.

5. Am I playing my character adequately? Am I using skills when I should use them?

Believe it or not... having a solid grasp of your character's abilities helps a lot. Make sure you are using any self-heals and other survival tools your character has access to. Any time I come across a character with self-heals who isn't using them (and complains about dying)... makes you want to go head/desk doesn't it?

6. Am I carrying an adequate supply of consumables... battle/warding scrolls... morale/power potions... food... fear/disease/wound/poison potions... hope tokens... the list goes on?

Consumables can give you an edge over your opponent. That extra boost... drinking that morale potion... can be a life saver. Many of these things can be crafted easily... and vendors sell F/D/W/P potions (always carry a full stack of each if you can).
    If your first inventory bag isn't full of various consumables... you need to "fill her up".

7. Am I using good tactics when engaged in combat?

Learning about aggro... learning how to pull smaller groups of monsters... using mezzes/stuns/roots to control them... debuffs to decrease your enemy's effectiveness. Good tactics can mean the difference between life/death.
    Instead of just charging into the orc camp... take time to pick off as many as you can before you take on the main group.

In short... all of what I just listed as questions... if *you* are not making the effort to do well... then no amount of buffs/nerfs... changing the difficulty of the game... will help you.

If you use all of those resources... and check off those questions... you will find things are not quite so difficult.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

@TheCrossbow you make valid points, I currently have a couple toons that i feel are to squishy. So im currently Working on them so i can see the difference. They are not my primary toons so They dont get the same amount of attention my hunter gets. heh

also, woulda quoted yer post but that was a big a post. lol
    [center]***[color=red]Public Safety Reminder:[/color] When Driving, Please [u]do not[/u] use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over off the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as a continued reminder, [u]do not[/u] or Drink and Drive when Celebrating.***[/center]

NP.

Okay, I guess I will post what I have. I died on page 7 of the "Too squishy" thread from depression, so I might as well return to this thread.

So far I have only played my tacticals, and here are their stats.

FAYAH - MINSTREL - LEVEL 95 HOBBIT
    Physical: 12228 (40.0%; orc-craft 24.2%; fell-wrought 24.2%)
    Tactical: 7729 (31.1% all except shadow mit, which is 32.1%)
    Virtues
    T18 Charity (3105 Resistance; 875 Phys Mit; 353 nCPR)
    T18 Zeal (392 Max Morale; 875 Phys Mit; 270 Armour)
    T18 Fidelity (1458 Tact Mit; 72 Vitality; 52 Max Power)
    T18 Innocence (1458 Phys Mit; 1551 Resistance; 486 Tact Mit)
    T18 Loyalty (108 Vitality; 106 Max Power; 270 Armour)
    Looks quite good. 12228 is not wasting too much as the target is 11875. only 353 too high. you might consider using warding scroll for difficult situations. westemnet version gives 1297 both phys and tacmit. target would then become 11875-1297=10578 for both. if you do that physmit would be 1650 too high, so you can switch some virtues over to tacmit ones. potentially charity/loyalty to tolerance/honour.

SIENNAH - LORE-MASTER - LEVEL 95 HUMAN
    Physical: 8733 (33.5%; orc-craft 20.6%; fell-wrought 20.6%)
    Tactical: 6329 (27.7% all)
    Virtues
    T17 Charity (2933 Resistance; 826 Phys Mit; 335 nCPR)
    T16 Idealism (96 Fate; 1379 Resistance; 48 Will)
    T14 Patience (113 iCPR; 1207 Resistance; 378 Phys Mit)
    Problem is Idealism,Patience here. Not enough mitigation contribution. If you need ICPR then you'll have to find that somewhere else on your equip.

DHURIK - RUNE-KEEPER - LEVEL 95 DWARF
    Physical: 9512 (36.2%; orc-craft 22.7%; fell-wrought 22.7%)
    Tactical: 6391 (27.8% all)
    Virtues
    T16 Charity (2760 Resistance; 778 Phys Mit; 316 nCPR)
    T14 Compassion (1134 Phys Mit; 417 nCPR; 378 Tact Mit)
    T15 Confidence (2587 Resistance; 90 Will; 61 iCPR)
    To start with, I would switch out Confidence to probably something with physical mitigation.

Considering virtues.. I have updated Lotro-Wiki virtue page http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues with information from my spreadsheet, so it's up to date again.

Important are mitigations. Foremost physical for landscape and tactical becomes very important in instances.
    Mitigations come from armour (100% to physical, 20% to tactical mitigation) and in raw form.

Personally I would advice to look mainly at the raw stat columns Phys and Tac, and focus on virtues which are strongest (high or medium level stat) in there:

Innocence
    Zeal
    Tolerance
    Mercy
    Compassion
    Charity
    Fidelity
    Honour

And an option is Empathy with it's high level stat armour.

Which one to use depends on class and gear. Normally you would aim for maximum physical first, but that can differ from situation.

Mitigation ratings and maxima per armour class (at 95):
    Heavy: 15834 -> 60% (max)
    Medium: 17813 -> 50% (max)
    Light: 11875 -> 40% (max)

Keep in mind that you can use a warding scroll and other consumables to get higher mitigations. It's generally not needed to get these rating limits from only your gear and virtues.

Thanks again Giseldah. Your contributions to here and the wiki are really appreciated.

edit: just wanted to add that in the other thread it has been pretty well established
    a) that some mounted mobs are hitting very hard in Edoras. This increase in damage by mounted mobs affects many of the defend Eowyn quests (cheering up etc.)
    b)level 86-89 characters are finding it more difficult than most other levels due to scaling-check Giseldah posts for data. (Level 90 crafted armour makes a huge difference-can double a light's morale, for example)
    c) https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...09#post7151609 post 613 is my feeble atempt at summarising the known problems that may not be easily resolved by the excellent suggestions already made in this here thread. Has some tips on MC and avoiding mounted uruk mob damage too.

Question-does anyone think the difficult mobs do orc/fell wrought damage-like creeps have?

I'm asking because at 95 my mits on the minstrel are ok for a tactical, but unless i stack physical mits instead of tactical these particular types of damage are only mitigated by 10%-not the 32% mitigation for fire/shadow etc.
    Last edited by Calta; Apr 26 2014 at 05:14 AM.
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Looks quite good. 12228 is not wasting too much as the target is 11875. only 353 too high. you might consider using warding scroll for difficult situations. westemnet version gives 1297 both phys and tacmit. target would then become 11875-1297=10578 for both. if you do that physmit would be 1650 too high, so you can switch some virtues over to tacmit ones. potentially charity/loyalty to tolerance/honour.

Problem is Idealism,Patience here. Not enough mitigation contribution. If you need ICPR then you'll have to find that somewhere else on your equip.

To start with, I would switch out Confidence to probably something with physical mitigation.
    Thank-you! Next time I'm in game I'll switch them up. Fayah should be no issue (as I said, her virtues are all 14-18+). I may find myself a little short on virtue ranks for Siennah/Dhurik, but hopefully not.

Okay, I juggled my virtues around a bit. In base stats I am now at are below. I'm about to run through one of the Fangorn crafting instances, so I might as well test it out...

*edit*
    New virtues: T18 Tolerance (1458 tact mit, 108 agility, 101 iCMR), T18 Honour (3105 resist, 375 tact mit, 36 vitality), T18 Fidelity (1458 tact mit, 72 vitality, 53 max power), T18 Innocence (1458 phys mit, 1551 resist, 486 tact mit) and T16 Compassion (1296 phys mit, 474 nCPR, 432 tact mit).
    *end edit*

MINSTREL:

Basic Stats
    Morale: 14094 down to 13386
    Power: 6669 down to 6563
    Armour: 9020 down to 8480
    Might: 73 same
    Agility: 57 up to 165
    Vitality: 3199 down to 3127
    Will: 3597 same
    Fate: 384 same

Offense
    Critical Rating: 8690 (20.6% crit hit; 6.4% dev hit; 23.4% magnitude) up to 8798 (20.8%, 6.5% and 23.6%)
    Finesse: 18289 (32.7%) same
    Physical Mastery: 29973 (84.9% melee/ranged damage) same
    Tactical Mastery: 36365 (101.6% tactical damage; 56.2% tactical outgoing healing) same

Defense
    Resistance: 18248 (32.7%) down to 18104 (32.5%)
    Critical Defense: 1416 (13.0%; 0 extra modifiers) same
    Incoming Healing: 0 same

Avoidance
    Block: 221 (.6% block; .2% partial block; when partial damage is reduced by .6%) same
    Parry: 260 (.7% parry; .2% partial parry; when partial damage is reduced by .7%) up to 476 (1.2%, .4% and 1.2%)
    Evade: 1367 (3.5% evade; 1.1% partial evade; when partial damage is reduced by 3.5%) up to 1691 (4.3%, 1.3% and 4.3%)

Mitigations
    --Damage Source
    Melee: 0 same
    Ranged: 0 same
    Tactical: 0 same
    --Damage Type
    Physical: 12228 (40.0%; orc-craft 24.2%; fell-wrought 24.2%) down to 11234 (38.8%, 22.6% and 22.6%)
    Tactical: 7729 (31.1% all except shadow mit, which is 32.1%) up to 10386 (37.0%, except shadow, which is 38.0%)

My warding/battle lore is only level 66 but even so it added 1009 phys/tact mits. That capped out the physical mastery and brought tactical to 39.1% (shadow at 40.1%). For the heck of it, in Stangraf, I aggroed 5 wolves and an orc. I did not stand in one place (kiting on my minstrel is the norm for me -- they can't hit what they can't reach), but I had a pretty good time of it. I did not have to go into life-saving mode, though I had several bleeds on me. My coda did a good job. Now, if it had gone on much longer, or if I had accidentally aggroed extra mobs, it would have gotten hairy (I think the lowest my morale went was about 5-6k or thereabouts?). For reference sake, though, I always find the wolves to be easier to fight (on any of my three toons) than the orcs, so that may be a contributing factor.

I will be trying my LM and then my RK when I finish my Minstrel's dailies, so I'll report back on what changes I make and whether they make any noticeable differences.
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; Apr 27 2014 at 01:20 PM.

Well, I can't provide a list of statistics, because I don't keep
    track of them.

But my number-one LM has noticed that while *she* doesn't
    get defeated any oftener, and neither does her Onyx Lynx ...
    the Lynx takes several debuffs in *each fight*, fear or crippling
    or bleed or armour damage, and after every fight she has to
    stop and apply Knowledge of Cures to him before continuing.
    That didn't use to happen. The Lynx, by the way, is level 98.

(Fortunately, Knowledge of Cures has a very short cooldown. )
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Physical mits can never be too high if you pvp same for tactical mits. Orc craft and fell dont cap like normal physical does and also you can be debuffed and knocked down even more.

So if you're a pvper your build might actually be different from pve
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

lol With over 800 fate, ICPR isn't really an issue. xD And besides, I'm an LM. If I need power, I'll just steal it! ^_^

With my virtues lower on this toon, I was able to rearrange and get T16 Innocence (1296 phys mit, 1379 resist, 432 tact mit), T17 Charity (2933 resist, 826 phys mit, 335 nCPR), T16 Fidelity (1296 tact mit, 64 vit, 48 max power), T14 Compassion (1134 phys mit, 417 nCPR, 378 tact mit), and T13 Tolerance (1053 tact mit, 78 agility, 73 iCMR). This changed my stats to:

LORE-MASTER:

Basic Stats
    Morale: 11632 up to 11752
    Power: 7864 up to 7912
    Armour: 6233 same
    Might: 72 same
    Agility: 80 up to 158
    Vitality: 2553 up to 2593
    Will: 3243 down to 3195
    Fate: 824 down to 728

Offense
    Critical Rating: 6337 (14.4% crit hit; 4.8% dev hit; 18.2% magnitude) down to 6175 (14.1%, 4.75 and 17.8%)
    Finesse: 8759 (18.9%) same
    Physical Mastery: 27068 (76.6% melee/ranged damage) down to 26684 (75.7%)
    Tactical Mastery: 31103 (98.4% tactical damage; 46.6% tactical outgoing healing) down to 30719 (97.2% and 46.2%)

Defense
    Resistance: 20560 (35.5%) down to 15888 (29.7%)
    Critical Defense: 0 same

Avoidance
    Block: N/A same
    Parry: 1072 (3.8% parry; .8% partial parry; when partial damage is reduced by 2.8%) up to 1228 (4.2%, 1.0% and 3.2%)
    Evade: 2082 (5.2% evade; 1.6% partial evade; when partial damage is reduced by 5.2%) up to 2316 (5.8%, 1.8% and 5.8%)

Mitigations
    --Damage Source
    --Damage Type
    Physical: 8733 (33.5%; orc-craft 20.6%; fell-wrought 20.6%) up to 9489 (35.1%, 22.8%, 22.8%)
    Tactical: 6329 (27.7% all) up to 8329 (32.5%)

And after running through all 3 instances, I noticed little to no change. Obviously my virtues could use a pick-up, so I may take a deeper look at that. Perhaps try to mirror Fayah's Virtues. Or getting crafted gear.

Dhurik to come. Also, I forgot to see WHAT changes I made you Fayah's virtues. I'll find out when I finish with Dhurik.
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; Apr 27 2014 at 11:33 AM.

Fayah's new Virtues were: Tolerance, Honour, Fidelity, Innocence and Compassion, the last of which is T16 and the rest T18 (and I edited them and their stats into the post about her above). Also, I may find more luck on my LM if I use some of my debuffs regularly. I fell out of the habit of using them during normal gameplay because by the time I've applied all those debuffs, either my pet has done most of the work for me (pre-U13; my pet no longer seems to dish out as much damage and is now actually quite squishy, and very susceptible to debuffs/bleeds) or the mob has already beaten the #### out of me because I'm too busy applying debuffs.

I juggled my virtues around and ended up with T16 Innocence (1296 phys mit, 1379 resist, 432 tact), T14 Compassion (1134 phys mit, 417 nCPR, 378 tact mit), T15 Fidelity (1215 tact mit, 60 vit, 45 max power), T13 Tolerance (1053 tact mit, 78 agility, 73 iCMR), and T12 Honour (2070 resist, 583 tact mit, 24 vitality). This put my mitigations at almost the same level, and if I use the warding lore (level 66 on this toon as well, so +1009 to both mits) then it's almost to the max.

RUNE-KEEPER

Basic Stats
    Morale: 11770 up to 11950
    Power: 7665 up to 7710
    Armour: 6304 same
    Might: 73 same
    Agility: 74 up to 152
    Vitality: 2496 up to 2556
    Will: 3086 down to 2996
    Fate: 651 same

Offense
    Critical Rating: 7036 (15.5% crit hit melee/ranged; 18.5% crit hit tactical; 5.3% dev hit all; 19.8% magnitude all) up to 7114 (15.6%, 5.3%, and 20.0%)
    Finesse: 11250 (23.0%) same
    Physical Mastery: 25837 (73.5% melee/ranged damage) down to 25117 (71.6%)
    Tactical Mastery: 30533 (91.7% tactical damage; 46.0% tactical outgoing healing) down to 29813 (89.4% and 45.3%)

Defense
    Resistance: 19960 (34.8%) down to 14553 (27.9%)
    Critical Defense: 0 same

Avoidance
    Block: N/A same
    Parry: 868 (2.3% parry; 0.7% partial parry; when partial damage is reduced by 2.3%) up to 1024 (2.6%, .8% and 2.6%)
    Evade: 796 (2.1% evade; 0.6% partial evade; when partial damage is reduced by 2.1%) up to 1030 (2.7%, .8% and 2.7%)

Mitigations
    --Damage Source
    --Damage Type
    Physical: 9512 (36.2%; orc-craft 22.7%; fell-wrought 22.7%) down to 8734 (34.5%, 20.4%, 20.4%)
    Tactical: 6391 (27.8% all) up to 8569 (33.1%)

The RK did about the same as well. Of course, the phys mit went down instead of up (unless I pop a scroll) but not having great access to heals is hard. The LM has almost no easily accessible heals (ones that don't take forever for their cooldowns to expire, anyway), and the same is true for the RK. Unless I go all blue (in which case my DPS is nonexistent), I have only a few skills to use to heal myself, and they either have inductions or require me to already been in blue-attunement (and even those ones are just a bubble and a long-induction heal that doesn't really do a lot of good in the long run -- by the time the induction is complete, the mobs have pretty much chewed off as much health as I'm about to gain).

I think what really digs is that I feel like I'm prepping to go raiding. I should not need to max out mits, virtues, get top-quality (or at least high-quality) gear... just to fight stinking landscape bears/orcs/etc. That's what really grates. I know we shouldn't be able to take on whole camps at once, but very often the enemies come in little clusters of 2-3. I shouldn't have to go into live-saving mode when taking these clusters on. Some classes (my champion, for example) was peachy taking on whole camps, but my lore-master? Not in a million years. Class to class it is unbalanced, and get this blanket slap at mitigations... grr What's next, the requirement to have 1st agers to beat the big bad landscape wolf?

Perhaps a small aside, but I have spent time on a completely new character to have a look at the revamped Trollshaws and Misty Mountains. The virtues available to the character as it entered Trollshaws were all in the 1-4 range. Happily I used the best food buffs available for resi and the rest and also hope tokens, oils (hnt) and scholar buff scrolls. I have used debuff pots, the best morale/power pots and I have been wearing the very latest available crit craft gear (except for spending half an hour in the FEM armor after making 43). I have been wearing full sets of lootbox jewelry and weapons.

Despite these buffs and precautions, nearly every mob encountered has been able to apply at least one and sometimes two debuffs. I have been stunned, poisoned, disarmed, silenced and wounded. Ranged mobs have been able to take one third of my morale in one go, for some reason, and they all need at least two extra skill uses to kill, compared with the game version we just left and one extra skill use compared with what the game was like for these levels at late cap85.

In the best gear, the mobs still debuff and never miss. It is certainly doable but it's not enjoyable.

However - now I took time and made mits/resi/morale virtues into the 4-8 range (mind that character is now 47). I take a little bit less damage but my dps output is still miserable. No mob misses applying a debuff. It is still the very slow and dull struggle instead of fun.

That is the current babylevel game. If I was a fresh gamer here, I could perhaps shop some virtues in the store but at the point where it felt the worst, it is not reasonable to think that a character will have virtues above 5 to experiment with. I feel this, coupled with mobs hitting faster harder and never missing is the core of any cause for concern and has little to do with virtues. At cap, you certainly have over twenty points to each virtue available through game-play but not as a lowbie. We can't expect all nubs to run around with xp stoppers doing every deed in all the baby areas just so they can slot virtues 7-10 instead.

EDIT And note that this is all field mobs and non-instanced quest content.

As an addendum: I took a look at the purple gear I could potentially crit on my tailor. That gear was significantly inferior to the questing/drop gear I have already been wearing on my 3 tacticals (particularly compared to my minstrel, who has a lot of EB/raid stuff on). The only thing better I could craft would be something like guild teals (or perhaps those Fangorn ones that are hideously overpriced and one-shot with only a chance to crit to boot), and that would be hugely expensive and time-consuming. If you have to grind guild/barter stuff just to have fun, then it's not fun anymore. This is the landscape we are talking about. I want danger if I'm going into a full-out camp of dozens of enemies, not if I just happen to come around a bend in the road and stumble across a pair or trio of wandering critters.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Well, I can't provide a list of statistics, because I don't keep
    track of them.

But my number-one LM has noticed that while *she* doesn't
    get defeated any oftener, and neither does her Onyx Lynx ...
    the Lynx takes several debuffs in *each fight*, fear or crippling
    or bleed or armour damage, and after every fight she has to
    stop and apply Knowledge of Cures to him before continuing.
    That didn't use to happen. The Lynx, by the way, is level 98.

(Fortunately, Knowledge of Cures has a very short cooldown. )
    Or, you could use "Knowledge of Cures" during the fight, thus, reducing the likelihood that your Lynx gets defeated.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

My hunter has become a tad squishy now that i have entered west rohan, level 94 atm against level 88-90 mobs and i am taking much more damage than i usually have before. I haven't had the time yet to properly pour over the recent changes and recheck my virtues since they haven't been changed since i came out of mirkwood. But here are my stats....

Hunter - level 94

Morale-13,213
    Power-5,005
    Armour-8,351

Might-129
    Agility-2,493
    Vitality-2,086
    Will-83
    Fate-364

OFFENCE
    Critical rating-7,532
    -Melee 8,796 points
    --Critical hit 17.9%
    --Devastating hit 6.6%
    --Magnitude 21.1%

-Ranged/Tactical 7,532 points
    --Critical hit 16.3%
    --Devastating hit 5.7%
    --Magnitude 21.1%
    Finesse-2,046 (Reduce resist, block, parry, evade 5.2% )
    Physical Mastery-24,755 (Physical Melee increase 76.3%, Physical Ranged increase 96.3%)
    Tactical Mastery-1,514 (Tactical damage increase 10.1%, 3.9% morale heal)

DEFENCE
    Resistance-7,839 (17.4%)
    Critical Defense-0
    Incoming Heal-905 (2.4% increase healing)

AVOIDANCE
    Blocking-N/A
    Parry-5,804 (13.5% parry, 4.4% partial parry and 13..5% damage reduction)
    Evade-8,228 (21.2% evade, 11.1% partial evade and 15% damage reduction)

MITIGATIONS
    Damage Source
    Melee-0
    Ranged-0
    Tactical-0

Damage Type
    Physical-10,608 (42.7% reduction)
    Tactical-2,441 (19.8% reduction)

VIRTUALS
    Compassion-12
    Charity-13
    Zeal-9
    Discipline-8
    Empathy-11
    --------------------------------------------
    Full Yellow trait tree, with heatseeker in red tree and quick draw reducing inductions in blue tree.
    Equipped with pretty much the best crafting gear you can have with the exception of a few level 95 gear i have saved for when i level.
    Also i am still using a level 75 2nd age bow, i have a level 95 second age bow ready to use when i level up.
    A level 93 3rd age axe maxed
    and a crafted critical westenment hammer for my second melee weapon.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK - Quad Core i5 3470 3.20GHz - 8Gb RAM - GTX 660 Ti 2GB (SLI) - Windows 10 64-bit

If you have to grind guild/barter stuff just to have fun, then it's not fun anymore. This is the landscape we are talking about. I want danger if I'm going into a full-out camp of dozens of enemies, not if I just happen to come around a bend in the road and stumble across a pair or trio of wandering critters.
    That's something that actually bothers me at the moment - I've noticed some squishy-ness on my champion, followed the forum discussions - and for a week now I've been doing nothing else than changing virtues, reading forum threads... and killing legions of grey mobs. I found myself questing with a lvl 82 character in Ered Luin and the Shires this weekend (she's human, so of course she did her babysteps in Breeland, going to North Downs from there), just for getting virtues up to date I haven't had yet.

And I start feeling rather bored by now... fun is something different :/ What sense is there in one-shotting tons of level 5 mobs? Plus, of course a lot of other people are doing the same thing too at the moment. At one Ered Luin questhub there was a whole bunch of people active and not a single character was beneath level 50.
    I just hope the whole thing will at least have some positive results in the end. And on the bright side I could bring my Mathom and Breeland reputation to kin so far
    ~ Huntress reincarnated ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast