We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Key mapping issues

I have been having problems with key mappings. If I key map my quick bar, it just resets to it's default when I log out. How do I solve this?

LOTRO saves the keybinds to the My Documents folder on Windows. It seems this folder is either being reset or you have no write permissions. Make sure LOTRO can write to My Documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    LOTRO saves the keybinds to the My Documents folder on Windows. It seems this folder is either being reset or you have no write permissions. Make sure LOTRO can write to My Documents.
    It seems to have worked, thanks!

So I just exit the game, and it has still reset itself. When I go to File Explorer, the only thing it makes me get full access to is PluginData, but everything else opens freely.

Have you tried running LOTRO as administrator? Also, what OS are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    Have you tried running LOTRO as administrator? Also, what OS are you on?
    I tried running it as the administrator, but nothing changes. I am 64-bit OS x64 based Processor.
    [URL="LOTRO.com/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature"].[/URL]

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by BíIbó View Post
    So I just exit the game, and it has still reset itself.
    This is usually caused by the client crashing when you exit the game; the crash is often not visible to you but it happens and the game settings do not get written to the files.

Next time you get your settings where you want them exit the game to the Character Selection screen and wait about ten seconds then exit the client. This should negate the crash and allow the settings to save.

Somewhere between a chair and a computer, what about you??
    I was having the same issue, and found out my computer was using the wrong program to open the lotro files. It was trying to use a Windows shell program, I changed it to Notepad and now it keeps my keymapping as I set it. Have fun, and good hunting
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000b2be1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]