We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

catapults !!!!!!

i would like to ask a simple question to the pvp community, please keep it simple and dont troll etc etc.

imagine that you have one developer for pvp would you rather have him working on the lag, on the balance or on the catapults?
    now do the same for 2 developers and so on and tell me how many developers would there need to be working on pvp to have one of them working on catapults? (considering that a developer can only do one thing)

Quote Originally Posted by joaothehunter View Post
    i would like to ask a simple question to the pvp community, please keep it simple and dont troll etc etc.

imagine that you have one developer for pvp would you rather have him working on the lag, on the balance or on the catapults?
    now do the same for 2 developers and so on and tell me how many developers would there need to be working on pvp to have one of them working on catapults? (considering that a developer can only do one thing)
    My list in rough order of importance:
    Lag
    Meaningful Bugs (this is a really long list in its own right)
    Balance issues (i realize this is a bit of a catch all, but in terms of taking what exists currently for freeps and creeps and adjusting this to give more even fights)
    'Fixing' and completing the HD freep class revamps
    Giving creep classes mini revamps including meaningful choices in traiting
    General Freepside itemization
    LI system revamp
    Doubling the number of creep skins
    A new audacity system
    A new DR system
    Fixing scaling

I suppose if EVERY one of these issues had enough of a Dev team assigned to them that adding more staff to deal with the given problem would have no impact on either the quality of the fix, or the speed with which the fix came out, I would be fine with an announcement that Catapults were being worked on.

./patiently awaiting the announcement that turbine is hiring 20+ new developers for lotro.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

1 dev) Catapults
    2 devs) Both working on catapults to reduce the time til we get htem by 50%.
    3 devs) Same as two except we could have catapults in 1/3 of the time!
    4 devs) Now one can work on lag.
    5 devs) Now one can work on lag and one can work on balance.

dont troll
    Kinda sounds like you're trying to troll Turbine...

Either way, I'm glad that the dev(s) are putting forth effort to improve the Moors. Catapults are not the first on my list but they do sound cool. My list is not necessarily the right list anyway.
    Cheiftain Ashtu-1, Defiler of Landroval
    Master Guardsman Jythro, Captain of Silverlode

If you have one developer for PvMP, she/he's probably working on the balance, letting the engineers and Best Buy work on any "lag" and looking for any way to capitalize on development already done for BB to add something fun that won't take his or her time away from working on more important things.

Oh. You asked what I want. I'll think about it, but it will probably not be on that list. Something about defilers dropping first ages comes to mind though.

I am a fan of siege weapons being added, however it has to be a complete and multi faceted project. We need to have multiple siege weapons with different functions. Keeps must be redesigned to support the addition of them etc...

This CAN NOT be a half hearted project that is just designed to say that we have hopped onto the trend that we have siege weapons in our PvP. That is not acceptable. This needs to be a good and finished product that is worthy of competing with GW2 and possibly ESO.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    I am a fan of siege weapons being added, however it has to be a complete and multi faceted project. We need to have multiple siege weapons with different functions. Keeps must be redesigned to support the addition of them etc...

This CAN NOT be a half hearted project that is just designed to say that we have hopped onto the trend that we have siege weapons in our PvP. That is not acceptable. This needs to be a good and finished product that is worthy of competing with GW2 and possibly ESO.
    absolutely true, but lately it feels like most of what we see is half hearted...or rather too spread out and no clear solid direction for the game other than getting to mordor. Even that seems dubious at times.

If you're looking for a competitive pvp product then lotro isn't the game for you. What made the game so different was its middle earth setting and a few unique little things that rapidly are fading away in favor of attempts to copy other games. But hey Wargs can dance to cool tunes now...

Lotro will never be able to compete with ESO on a pvp front, not sure about gw2. They are too late into the market and unlikely to make any major changes. Maybe move outposts and rez circles. Maybe give players the bird again...but it at the best will be side show that finally gets a little more attention.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master