We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1

    Next step in moors tweaking

    Firepower and heals on creepside if fine atm, comparable to freepside. With this two goals reached devs should now reduce creep morale pool. -50% of current values should be a good start to test things.
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

  2. #2
    WHOA
    way too much
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    WHOA
    way too much
    OFC is way to much, but as i said its a good start, for BR testing with next update. 3-4 builds of BR with tweaking creep morale pool and we should have this mistycal 'feel of balance'.

    This should work if people would like to test things on BR instead of checking 'how EZ i can run atm' (ganking, zerging etc.)
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

  4. #4
    I was on BR, the balance is much better than before. However, reducing morale by that margin is just crazy.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  5. #5
    Rather than a -50% morale debuff to creeps, I'd like to see a -50% outgoing healing modifier on every player in the moors.
    Cheiftain Ashtu-1, Defiler of Landroval
    Master Guardsman Jythro, Captain of Silverlode

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,861
    Taking the moors-scaling system out of the paws of the oxford lab rats, and into the hands of someone capable of critical thought might be a positive step.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    8
    Why decrease the creep morale? Increasing the morale that freeps have in the moors would probably be more successful because of some of the creep's corruptions that decrease/increase morale values giving a percentage rather than a set value. I don't want to see wardens running around with 75-85k morale, but something just to lightly even out the playing field would be better than something to change the game completely.
    Also,

    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob7
    I'd like to see a -50% outgoing healing modifier on every player in the moors.
    [COLOR=#00ffff]Qav - R5 Man Champion - Heroes of Valinor - Silverlode[/Color]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Kuav - R6 Warg Stalker - Unseen - Silverlode[/Color]

  8. #8
    To much healing and bubbles on both sides are what is killing pvp for a long time. decrease outgoing healing, or give every/close to every class massive incoming healing debuffs.
    There are to many fights where one side can't do anything to other because of stacked heals on both sides.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Galwir View Post
    or give every/close to every class massive incoming healing debuffs.
    Both sides have ample amounts of incoming healing debuffs, try using them with co-ordination and focus fire durr hurr.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Both sides have ample amounts of incoming healing debuffs, try using them with co-ordination and focus fire durr hurr.
    Though I find it saddening that my Champion posseses none of these.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Both sides have ample amounts of incoming healing debuffs, try using them with co-ordination and focus fire durr hurr.
    Freeps inc healing debuff is a joke in compare to defi's blight. + to this, creeps now resist every inc healing debuff for like 85% of times. Try to dance with it.


    Regarding steps to tweak: JUST bring back freeps what they were nerfed for. It is simple: freeps were nerfed x2. Cuz creeps got boost + freeps got nerf = 2x. Just do one thing at time, not 2.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Though I find it saddening that my Champion posseses none of these.
    Neither does my spider, ba or WL.



    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    Freeps inc healing debuff is a joke in compare to defi's blight. + to this, creeps now resist every inc healing debuff for like 85% of times. Try to dance with it.
    You're kidding, right? You can MOVE out of blight. Took freeps about a month to learn that when skills were put in the store. Hard to cure the freep inc healing debuffs when the pot only cures one first applied, not much help there. News flash, blight gets resisted too.

    We had some RvR on Brandy today, freeps were dpsing through the heals of 6-8 defilers through inc healing debuffs and the right combination of classes. Try to figure things out, don't hurt your brains while doing it, but please, try to figure it out.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by Qav View Post
    Why decrease the creep morale? Increasing the morale that freeps have in the moors would probably be more successful because of some of the creep's corruptions that decrease/increase morale values giving a percentage rather than a set value. I don't want to see wardens running around with 75-85k morale, but something just to lightly even out the playing field would be better than something to change the game completely.
    Also,
    Did you even read Ashtu's post? he said "rather than" means instead of. He was commenting on -50% in outgoing healing modifier.. And your post doesn't even mention a word about his comment, Why Quote him in the first place?
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Neither does my spider, ba or WL.
    It was about freep side though.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by moors pro
    You're kidding, right? You can MOVE out of blight.
    Put anti-stun/potion/brand on cd.
    Coordinate BA's KD and blightL.
    Profit.


    Hard to cure the freep inc healing debuffs when the pot only cures one first applied, not much help there. News flash, blight gets resisted too.
    You can't cure inc healing debuffs on both sides.

    We had some RvR on Brandy today, freeps were dpsing through the heals of 6-8 defilers through inc healing debuffs and the right combination of classes. Try to figure things out, don't hurt your brains while doing it, but please, try to figure it out.
    Freeps can stack up to 80% -inc healing, Average creep is r9 so have 124% inc healing.
    Since inc healing add additively, average creep target by a freep raid have 124%-80%= 44%.
    One defiler heal 5k5Hps average on single target.
    6 defilers then heal 33kHps on a single target.
    Creep so receive 33kHps * 0.4 = 14.520hps.

    Conclusion, if creep dies against a fraid, they deal more than 14.520 dps on single target (which being on my reaver on Brandy atm, i didnt see).
    Or they coordinated well enough to break the creep burst healing threshold (which being on my reaver on Brandy atm, i didnt see).
    Or, and more likely, you guys cant ####in play healers (which being on my reaver on Brandy atm, i saw a lot).

    The maths are free, dont have to thanks me.

    /thread

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    [QUOTE=Gray;7147811]Put anti-stun/potion/brand on cd.
    Coordinate BA's KD and blightL.
    Profit.

    Lot of things to put on CD to get a kill. Then just use a minstrel rez when 5 are down. Easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    You can't cure inc healing debuffs on both sides.
    Pretty sure the Heartseeker one is pottable


    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Creep so receive 33kHps * 0.4 = 14.520hps.
    Two fire RK's out dps that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Or they coordinated well enough to break the creep burst healing threshold (which being on my reaver on Brandy atm, i didnt see).
    Or, and more likely, you guys cant ####in play healers (which being on my reaver on Brandy atm, i saw a lot).
    You're not counting the fact most freeps are also stupid.

  17. #17
    Pretty sure the Heartseeker one is pottable
    Who cares. By the time your HS hit the target you should have MS avaiable which replace the previous debuff, and that's if you dont have a red capt on your group which is already a bad start.
    But i give you that, you're right. If you want to go that way RK's one is also pottable, but is like HS, it just get replace by anything else more powerful (aka Grave wound or MS)

    two fire rk's out dps that.
    ahahahahahahahahaha.

    Edit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Lot of things to put on CD to get a kill. Then just use a minstrel rez when 5 are down. Easy.
    Actually one brand.
    The other cds are for when you coordinate improved mes.
    And guess what, Flayer's root dont need any of these things to get on cd.

    Oh and btw, Mini's res is one person. If you let minis going OOC then it's your own fault.
    Last edited by Gray; Apr 22 2014 at 08:16 AM.
    "My friends call me Gray, my enemies call for back-up" - GRay, 2003.
    "[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbo2ehxSGOo"]Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/URL]" - GRay, 2012.

    r11 warg, r9 reaver/BA/def, r8 WL/Weav. Freep destroyer since 1989.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Neither does my spider, ba or WL.





    You're kidding, right? You can MOVE out of blight. Took freeps about a month to learn that when skills were put in the store. Hard to cure the freep inc healing debuffs when the pot only cures one first applied, not much help there. News flash, blight gets resisted too.

    We had some RvR on Brandy today, freeps were dpsing through the heals of 6-8 defilers through inc healing debuffs and the right combination of classes. Try to figure things out, don't hurt your brains while doing it, but please, try to figure it out.
    You can't move out of blight if are was KDed, stunned, rooted (warg). Even if you hit antistun pot, it still has delay. 3-4 seconds is enough to drop target in good creep raid, with fast movements. You know that better then me. Blights is being resisted in average 15% of time, when freeps inc healing debuffs is resisted 80%. Try it on your own, roll a freep, do a proper raid, and tell me how you kill craids in current state. Unless you tried - you can't say anything much.

    Regarding RvR today: you can't have at all times right combinations, GOOD ranked freeps at all times online. When on creepside - you can have it almost 7/24. Been there done that.
    And tell me one good freep raid, who you/Mal couldnt beat in u12 ? Unless they were outnumbering you. Still - you have option to form a 2nd raid, Mal and you are often both online.
    Only freep raid with good resistance was Chily's one. Mostly, cuz same players, same good r12+ 24 players. But still they got dropped too often.
    In u12 i havent faced any fraid I couldn't beat, unless it was that rare case, when I couldn't get enough good players in my raid. And Im not that pro in leading as you or Mal.
    IMHO u12 was pretty good, with good actions and healthy RvR. Yes it was hard for us to fight against them, but we did it and did it well, thats why we were good.
    Easymoding for creeps doesn't make us any better then freeps.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by freaker View Post
    Did you even read Ashtu's post? he said "rather than" means instead of. He was commenting on -50% in outgoing healing modifier.. And your post doesn't even mention a word about his comment, Why Quote him in the first place?
    Yes, I did read his post, I didn't mean at all to state what he said in his to be integrated into mine, rather I was putting his post in as a quote to support the idea. Though, he wasn't commenting on anything when he stated the outgoing healing debuff, he was bringing in his own idea, hence the "Rather than... I'd like to see" portion, at least to me, showing that it did not yet exist, and either he came up with the idea or that he was taking the idea from elsewhere on the forums, as there is no other mention of that in this thread.
    Last edited by Qav; Apr 22 2014 at 08:27 AM.
    [COLOR=#00ffff]Qav - R5 Man Champion - Heroes of Valinor - Silverlode[/Color]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Kuav - R6 Warg Stalker - Unseen - Silverlode[/Color]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    [QUOTE=Leopoldio;7147830]You can't move out of blight if are was KDed, stunned, rooted (warg). Even if you hit antistun pot, it still has delay. 3-4 seconds is enough to drop target in good creep raid, with fast movements. You know that better then me. Blights is being resisted in average 15% of time, when freeps inc healing debuffs is resisted 80%. [QUOTE=Leopoldio;7147830]

    Fear the warg rooting. I've seen people get healed even with blight on them, this is where RK bubbles come in handy. And captain bubbles, being on such a short CD. The fraid I fought last night had 6 yellow cappies, bubbles galore

    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    Try it on your own, roll a freep, do a proper raid, and tell me how you kill craids in current state. Unless you tried - you can't say anything much
    I've had levelled freeps that have PvMP'ed since SoA, currently playing my hunter leading groups and small raids. My heartseeker doesn't have any trouble putting its heal debuff as I laugh and watch defilers melt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    Regarding RvR today: you can't have at all times right combinations, GOOD ranked freeps at all times online. When on creepside - you can have it almost 7/24. Been there done that.
    And tell me one good freep raid, who you/Mal couldnt beat in u12 ? Unless they were outnumbering you. Still - you have option to form a 2nd raid, Mal and you are often both online.
    Only freep raid with good resistance was Chily's one. Mostly, cuz same players, same good r12+ 24 players. But still they got dropped too often.
    In u12 i havent faced any fraid I couldn't beat, unless it was that rare case, when I couldn't get enough good players in my raid. And Im not that pro in leading as you or Mal.
    IMHO u12 was pretty good, with good actions and healthy RvR..
    Have you never fought Entrotrash's healstacks, with 8-10 minstrels and 4-6 yellow cappies? Yes those raids beat me, because in u12 there was no amount of DPS that could burn through them without having a 2nd craid. And no, it's not always possible for me to get the raid setup I want. Neither is it for freeps, but more and more of them have been levelling and gearing multiple classes for versatility. No, Chily's raids never had good players. Just faceroll healstack. And numbers. I spent most of u12 fighting between 30-60 freeps every time I had a raid out. The most I could get for 2nd craids was about 15.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Fear the warg rooting. I've seen people get healed even with blight on them, this is where RK bubbles come in handy. And captain bubbles, being on such a short CD. The fraid I fought last night had 6 yellow cappies, bubbles galore.
    Let's play that game then. Stealth/Akhu pop -> Flayer Stance/interupt -> root. 3s if you're average.

    If you've problem with captain bubbles, dont hit them and their BiA, and switch target faster. 6 Yellow cappies are 6 guys that do close to no DPS, its clearly not worth it to have more than one in a group (4 in a raid).


    I've had levelled freeps that have PvMP'ed since SoA, currently playing my hunter leading groups and small raids. My heartseeker doesn't have any trouble putting its heal debuff as I laugh and watch defilers melt.
    As stated above, bad or outnumbered by at least a 1.5/1 ratio creeps.



    Have you never fought Entrotrash's healstacks, with 8-10 minstrels and 4-6 yellow cappies? Yes those raids beat me, because in u12 there was no amount of DPS that could burn through them without having a 2nd craid. And no, it's not always possible for me to get the raid setup I want. Neither is it for freeps, but more and more of them have been levelling and gearing multiple classes for versatility. No, Chily's raids never had good players. Just faceroll healstack. And numbers. I spent most of u12 fighting between 30-60 freeps every time I had a raid out. The most I could get for 2nd craids was about 15.
    8-10 minis, 4-6 Ycapts ? and you were still dying to this ?

    6 BA and 2 reavers was well enough to go through any form of freep healing u12, you must had been doing something wrong.
    "My friends call me Gray, my enemies call for back-up" - GRay, 2003.
    "[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbo2ehxSGOo"]Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/URL]" - GRay, 2012.

    r11 warg, r9 reaver/BA/def, r8 WL/Weav. Freep destroyer since 1989.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Let's play that game then. Stealth/Akhu pop -> Flayer Stance/interupt -> root. 3s if you're average.

    If you've problem with captain bubbles, dont hit them and their BiA, and switch target faster. 6 Yellow cappies are 6 guys that do close to no DPS, its clearly not worth it to have more than one in a group (4 in a raid).
    Yes, so blight a target, and it gets bubbled. Switch to the non blighted target. Derp.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    8-10 minis, 4-6 Ycapts ? and you were still dying to this ?
    One captain goes red with OD set, spams oathies. Oathies on every target, creeps melt. No freeps die with every healer TFH'ing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    6 BA and 2 reavers was well enough to go through any form of freep healing u12, you must had been doing something wrong.
    Ah I understand what I'm arguing against now, someone that sees everything in a perfect scenario and takes the other side to be terrible. Gotcha, keep living in that fantasy world buddy, idealists aren't very good IRL either.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Yes, so blight a target, and it gets bubbled. Switch to the non blighted target. Derp.
    You have just one defiler on your raid ? kidding me ?

    One captain goes red with OD set, spams oathies. Oathies on every target, creeps melt. No freeps die with every healer TFH'ing.
    We had that kind of raid too, strangely we usually didnt melt. Problem ?


    Ah I understand what I'm arguing against now, someone that sees everything in a perfect scenario and takes the other side to be terrible. Gotcha, keep living in that fantasy world buddy, idealists aren't very good IRL either.
    2 non crit impales (5k5 each), 6 non crit VT (1k9 each). 22k4 burst in what i would call one of the worst scenario ever possible. But you're going to tell me that coordination 8 dps is hard right ?

    But you know what, let me your Ingame name on brandy, less maths more reality. Mine is Tortank. If you need to check that in reality, i'll gladly lead one of your precious raid (my accent is horrible i have to warn tho).
    "My friends call me Gray, my enemies call for back-up" - GRay, 2003.
    "[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbo2ehxSGOo"]Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/URL]" - GRay, 2012.

    r11 warg, r9 reaver/BA/def, r8 WL/Weav. Freep destroyer since 1989.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    You have just one defiler on your raid ? kidding me ?
    No, plenty of blights. Plenty of bubbles too, with other factors. Yes, CC+Blight is a highly effective tactic, I use it all the time. No, it doesn't work every time. Maybe 40% of the time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    We had that kind of raid too, strangely we usually didnt melt. Problem ?
    Who is "we". And what trash freeps were you fighting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    2 non crit impales (5k5 each), 6 non crit VT (1k9 each). 22k4 burst in what i would call one of the worst scenario ever possible. But you're going to tell me that coordination 8 dps is hard right ?
    No, perfect scenario for you, because all the dps is alive, none of it is being harassed and CC'ed or kited. Factor in server lag, mass freep burst healing and bubbles+RK TFH pre healing, and good luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    But you know what, let me your Ingame name on brandy, less maths more reality. Mine is Tortank. If you need to check that in reality, i'll gladly lead one of your precious raid (my accent is horrible i have to warn tho).
    With U13 I find the RvR atm to be quite balanced kill for kill, why didn't you lead in u12? Oh yes, because those perfect scenarios of yours would never happen and you'd get laughed at.

  25. #25
    Who is "we". And what trash freeps were you fighting?
    Sirannon creeps, from what i see playing on BW, sirannon freeps besides the fact that 90% of them are bads, are still better than yours. Strange indeed considering, it's the first US server.



    No, perfect scenario for you, because all the dps is alive, none of it is being harassed and CC'ed or kited. Factor in server lag, mass freep burst healing and bubbles+RK TFH pre healing, and good luck.
    Needing 6Ba and 2 reaver dosnt mean that these are the only dps you got. It's 8 dps, good craid got usually 12 minimum.



    With U13 I find the RvR atm to be quite balanced kill for kill, why didn't you lead in u12? Oh yes, because those perfect scenarios of yours would never happen and you'd get laughed at.
    I always did, hadnt a creep on BW because we had freeps to fight on my server.
    "My friends call me Gray, my enemies call for back-up" - GRay, 2003.
    "[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbo2ehxSGOo"]Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/URL]" - GRay, 2012.

    r11 warg, r9 reaver/BA/def, r8 WL/Weav. Freep destroyer since 1989.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload