We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nanda Parbat
    Posts
    570

    Freeps cannot Faceroll, now's time to Cry

    It's 2 days since U13 got launched, and tbh, never, never seen such amount of whinners becoming sad because "mediocre" players cannot roflsteam monster players any longer (There's no reason for that, we all know, creepside will got nerfed soon), instead of flaming developers, look around yourselves, and think deep what kind of action freeps offered from 3-4 years to now? Personally, at most servers I've visited, same as hilarious Zergs, Campfests, etc..... I quittet from freepside nearly ending 2012, and I'm sure it's the best thing I've done ever, because the majority of freep players are and will be ezmoders, read your carácter tips again, take your freep class, and fight, PvP was made for Fight on Ground, not on Forums. For those complaining about unkillable creeps, I bought a pass to Moors, and played my Guardian which was untouched for so long time it took me a while to learn how skills were working, but, surprise, I stepped the grond and started to kill Creeps, with a Scaled Guardian wearing R13 audacity, something's wrong here, and I'm pretty sure, playing FOTM clases can be one of the reasons. Enjoy!

    Yuzuriha GDN R10 (Retired @ 2012 ) - Farruquita BA R12 Leader of "Sauron Loves Spain" (Evernight - since the beginning)

  2. #2
    Whining or not, alot of the issues were brought to attention in many of the BR betas before patch, so why do they exist? It's easy to argue creeps had it rough in whatever area for so long or vice versa but why is it so many things are unbalance or broken each update? I mean look at the champ, it's near unplayable, especially now. There shouldn't be any class riding a cloud of OPness on either side but here we are again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c6e65/signature.png]Dercin[/charsig]

  3. #3
    Actually, the BR forums did not have ANY threads on the moors. All of the gameplay feedback was PvE environment.

    The general consensus from BR is that the moors where generally balanced with deciphers being slighty OP.

    However, many of these. BR testers gave themselves pimped out LIs, so that gives me hope that once people start finishing their new content, the moors will be fairly even.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  4. #4
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Sounds exactly like RoR launch, when freeps were horrified at the fact they had to change their tactics and use a full arsenal of skills to compete. Or just cry until Blight and Revenge were nerfed, that worked too.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Sounds exactly like RoR launch, when freeps were horrified at the fact they had to change their tactics and use a full arsenal of skills to compete. Or just cry until Blight and Revenge were nerfed, that worked too.
    Feel free to hold this over my head in the future.

    I think this update if left as-is will pan out much worse than RoR launch, which was imo the best PvP state we've had since before RoI.

    Wasn't the revenge nerf back at RoI launch?
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nanda Parbat
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Dercin View Post
    Whining or not, alot of the issues were brought to attention in many of the BR betas before patch, so why do they exist? It's easy to argue creeps had it rough in whatever area for so long or vice versa but why is it so many things are unbalance or broken each update? I mean look at the champ, it's near unplayable, especially now. There shouldn't be any class riding a cloud of OPness on either side but here we are again.
    BR is IMO an unnecessary tool, cannot understand why are we paying for am undeveloped protuct, which is plenty of bugs, etc.... As long as logic Works, customers just use to pay fur a fully developed product, and LotRO is not, Palantir Server has some Developers working, but has also some players, BR is 90% done by us, the players, taht's a problem for Warner if they expecto to get huge earnings, when throwing such updates, this one benefits creeps (yes) but next will be the other hand and work for freeps (most common), because Freep players wanted challenging PVE, and mechanics are PVE based, cannot agree more with you, but it's Turbine/Warner problem. However this does not make it funnier, to read the persons, which in most servers, were used to log their Freeps (80% minstrels maybe) and steamroll PvP area giving very low chances to their foes if they were playing well and organised, instead of that, at least at my Home Server, Freeps just proved they can only play when Freepside is Strong and can Steamroll creeps, it's totally laughable, when Reading them, complaining to not joining Ettenmoors, and it's also being made for a false understanding by most persons about PvP, the most players looking for a pretty wartab (useless, just gives you a nice picture and the lame of the month label) tha less PvP we'll get, and player must learn that both words, Win/Lose are deeply involved in PvP, sadly no one wnts to lose, but if we all don't want to lose, that's exactly the root of how players uses FOTM clases, how (don't want to make an overall) but probably 80% LotRO players are basically unskilled for PvP tasks, and yes, it's because it's a PvE oriented Game with a 7 years old PvMP (only LotRO concept) battleground, which could never be balanced, just because PvE. Can just suggest people to join fights, as long as games brings us here to have fun, not arguing with other persons, I was never afraid of being killed, because I understand it's a part of PvP, that's my message for players, and to end my message for WB/Turbine (Hire PvP developers, invest on your game, instead throwing smoke bombs, I think you are on time to solve this, but not as I told before, BR cannot be a tool used for players just for taking SS and take an advantage when an update is launched, BR must not exist, any paid product development must be fully done by sellers, never by customers, Thanks!)
    Yuzuriha GDN R10 (Retired @ 2012 ) - Farruquita BA R12 Leader of "Sauron Loves Spain" (Evernight - since the beginning)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Sounds exactly like RoR launch, when freeps were horrified at the fact they had to change their tactics and use a full arsenal of skills to compete. Or just cry until Blight and Revenge were nerfed, that worked too.
    Couldn't agree more with you. Some freeps will enjoy the challenge and create new builds but most of them are now on their defilers. Sad to see because the buff to creeps could actually make some really, really nice fights.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    285
    Not sure about anyone else. But I'm not whining because creeps are OP, I'm whining about the following:

    - All the old time creeps that magically re-appeared on our server about a week before the update.
    - Stupid new bugs like reaver blood of fire reflecting burg bleeds now, knocking me out of stealth for the duration.
    - Can't play my creeps anymore because it's faceroll and there are no freeps.
    - Nothing dies because there's 10 defilers on at any given time.

    Say what you will, and you're probably right about some carebear freeps not liking a challenge but you can be right or you can have pvp. Right now, you're just right.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    - Stupid new bugs like reaver blood of fire reflecting burg bleeds now, knocking me out of stealth for the duration.
    This is my biggest problem with the change to how reflects work, its a change i believe, not a bug. The fact reflects now work on dots is fine, though i think a cd increase for spider's TC would be necessary, but that once the dot is up you are going to be hit with that reflected damage no matter what. No amount of distance or line of sight will prevent that damage to you. That seems pretty silly to me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    ...but probably 80% LotRO players are basically unskilled for PvP tasks,
    A large majority of the remaining 20% don't realize that they are part of that 80% and a large majority of the 80% think they are part of the 20%.

    FYI: 72.3% of all internet statistics are made up.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    - Can't play my creeps anymore because it's faceroll and there are no freeps.
    on my server the only freeps that have come out of GV are the A team freeps group of about 7-10 really good players, i think they are enjoying the challenge of even fights. havent seen any of the B team freeps (30-40 of those), the ones that could barely win before the update, dont think they are going to be to happy with the changes.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    This is my biggest problem with the change to how reflects work, its a change i believe, not a bug. The fact reflects now work on dots is fine, though i think a cd increase for spider's TC would be necessary, but that once the dot is up you are going to be hit with that reflected damage no matter what. No amount of distance or line of sight will prevent that damage to you. That seems pretty silly to me.
    Yar, was sparring with a burg friend earlier. Reflect is a game changer skill now especially in a 1v1.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by tamlong View Post
    Yar, was sparring with a burg friend earlier. Reflect is a game changer skill now especially in a 1v1.
    What worthless spider reflects vs a burg 1v1?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,330
    Strong sense of entitlement in alot of players, been faceroll on both sides since launch excluding U12. This update is pretty much atrocious.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Sounds exactly like RoR launch, when freeps were horrified at the fact they had to change their tactics and use a full arsenal of skills to compete. Or just cry until Blight and Revenge were nerfed, that worked too.
    Early RoR was fantastic. Now, things are simply broken. I very much doubt my champ can kill even incompetent creeps, if they just use Impale/VT/Wargs in general. Balance? Not quite. But yeah, I will enjoy watching the ignorant creeps in OOC, crying about "l2p freeps" who suck so badly now things are balanced. Surely you are not one of them?
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Early RoR was fantastic. Now, things are simply broken. I very much doubt my champ can kill even incompetent creeps, if they just use Impale/VT/Wargs in general. Balance? Not quite. But yeah, I will enjoy watching the ignorant creeps in OOC, crying about "l2p freeps" who suck so badly now things are balanced. Surely you are not one of them?
    So wargs are OP as well now?

    On my r8 burg I have been able to fight wargs and bag a kill off a warg solo even when they were given defiler heals.

    It is not the creeps apparently whining in OOC about "l2p freeps" that bothers me personally; it is the FOTM freeps that magically appear creepside rolling new defilers.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    60

    Sure this means

    Look out the existing thread or make a new one.

    Obvious title should contain: "Nerf, Op, Dead, Unbalance, Devs=Turbin fail..." Anything really that makes you believe it is David vs Goliath war in the Moors. Poor freep side is badly designed to fight.

    This thread is all about:

    1. Freep side is broken
    2. Creep side is broken
    3. Stop playing the Moors or ban the Moors depending on few variations of wording
    4. "Name the Class" is OP....namely defilers, other options wargs and reavers
    5. It is no fun anymore
    6. Add some battle statistics. Probably r4 reaver or defiler destroying a fraid.
    7. Claim all who are of different option to be stupid, ignorent, trolling

    Have a day nice day in the Moors! Hope to help you with making more threads.
    [COLOR="#ADD8E6"][COLOR="#ADD8E6"][FONT=Impact][COLOR="#FF0000"]Those are wolves, one going before [COLOR="#FFFF00"]the sun[/COLOR], the other after [COLOR="#F0F8FF"]the moon[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Early RoR was fantastic.
    Correct


    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Now, things are simply broken. I very much doubt my champ can kill even incompetent creeps, if they just use Impale/VT/Wargs in general.
    Champs are in a bad place, and 1v1's should not be used as a method of PvMP balance. This is RvR focused PvP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Balance? Not quite.
    Far better balance than there has been for a long time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    But yeah, I will enjoy watching the ignorant creeps in OOC, crying about "l2p freeps" who suck so badly now things are balanced. Surely you are not one of them?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ounter-Whining
    ^This thread makes a nice summing up, but I'll add my opinion:

    Get new virtues. Get 1st ages. Actually learn how to PvMP properly, using terrain, debuffs, TACTICS.

    My craids are still gonna get rolled by 50+ freeps as has been the case since Moria. For now, even number fights are gonna go my way. Why? Because I've been rolling with creeps that have had to adapt to the limits of their classes to meet any success, that have fought through ages of freep dominance. Now that they are stronger, their resolve and ability shines through. Most freeps, if they can win by using 60% of their capability, will use 60%. Now they have to use 100%, against creeps that have been using 100% for years.


    I have no mercy or sympathy here. Reap the whirlwind.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Noldorlord777 View Post
    So wargs are OP as well now?
    No he's saying Champions suck even more now.
    [CENTER][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]
    High Warden Demospata
    95 Champion
    Ramble On - Elendilmir
    [/color][/size][/center]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Get new virtues.
    I am pretty sure most freeps have them capped. If you mean use virtues like Innocence that give a 1.5k boost to physical mitigation that is fair enough. One warg puddle takes 4k of that away. Defilers have a debuff that takes 4k mitigation off the bat. Sundering blow? Penetrating shot for BAs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Get 1st ages.
    Yea that +25 dps from an FA is going to make a massive difference in PvP. Most freeps already have them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Actually learn how to PvMP properly
    What does this even mean? Skills? Rotations? If he 'learns how to PvP' will his dps increase by the 3000 or so nessesary to kill a defiler solo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    using terrain, debuffs, TACTICS.
    Which Champion debuffs do you recommend? Horn of Champions? Or maybe he should go redline and use Champion's Duel? As for terrain he is not a ranged class so standing on a rock won't help.

    This advice is great and all if creeps actually had to put anywhere near the same amount of effort in to get the best out of their classes. I expect even after all the advice you gave above the same champion still has a pretty good chance of losing against a r6 store bought reaver.

    As for 'this game was made for RvR' - who said that? Turbine? U13 looks pretty even in that regard if the freeps are healstacking. But small group and solo action which is much more prevalent on smaller servers is dead in the water. Most of the creeps I group with are pretty fed up with the crazy amount of dps that we have at the moment. I am sitting on about 3k deaths over the last couple of expansions and I am not doing this butthurt 'now see how it feels' act.

    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    What does this even mean? Skills? Rotations? If he 'learns how to PvP' will his dps increase by the 3000 or so nessesary to kill a defiler solo?
    In some cases Shum, I think this is applicable. Meaning that the Freeps in some cases don't really know how to play their class properly.

    Like our server, for example. I haven't been back long, but as far as I can tell, most of the vet Freeps have either switched to Creepside, transferred, or stopped playing the game altogether. I'm not saying that this is the root of the problem, but I think it is a major issue. A badly played warden is still dangerous simply because it's a warden, no skill to do with it really.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,238
    Good creeps were doing well before all these changes. Creeps absolutely needed some adjustments. I haven't had a chance to try the new changes but I do find one thing funny. Apparently, all of the freeps just don't know how to play and never knew because they were just face rolling. However, do you really think all of the creeps who can't strategize and play their classes to their full potential (and they exist much like they do on freepside) woke up the morning of the update and suddenly learned to play their classes effectively? It just freeps that don't know how to play though right?

    I disagree with the freeps crying before changing mits and strategies while really giving it some time. I also disagree with Turbine failing to add any proper items for freeps to gear up with following the mits change. Going back to 75 gear that gave mits should not be the solution. I think light armours were hurt the most by these changes especially with mitigation reduction skills on creepside but as I haven't had the chance to play I will wait and see. I just find all the learn to play and faceroll comments funny because I was fighting good creep groups that held their own, got kills and sometimes ended up in stalemates with prior to the update. They were organized and didn't sit at grams complaining about how underpowered they were. Certainly creeps got some much needed adjustment to certain classes and I welcome the challenge the new moors will bring. Sadly, people will flip sides as well which skews the numbers even more which is why I think we are seeing the GV camps. The changes should make for some interesting fights though.

    I can't imagine the scaling up will benefit freeps all that much. If anything, it will probably benefit creeps not only for ranking but those people will see how quick they die and either not return or switch to creepside versus sticking it out. Only time will tell though.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    Good creeps were doing well before all these changes.
    This exactly. Good creeps were already able to take on decent freeps 1v1. The boosts needed to primarily be aimed at classes that weren't able to cope solo (low/mid rank defis and low/mid rank spiders, who had a severe shortage of dps). However removing freep mitigations to such a great extent should have been the second stage, after seeing how the creep boosts played out.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    In some cases Shum, I think this is applicable. Meaning that the Freeps in some cases don't really know how to play their class properly.
    I'm so tired of hearing this. Seriously, do people really think the players are predominantly better creepside? I have news for you, the vast majority of them are the same players as the freeps you're talking about. This "lrn2play" business is just insulting and I bet half the people saying it are terrible at their class and never come out without 5 healers and a zerg raid.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload