We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Flippers.

Flippers.

I've been observing many of the posts on this server, and have found that many are complaining about the "outnumbered" issue. Now we all know this is a FOTM problem with ezmode scum flipping to whichever side has the biggest advantage. I wanted to know if anyone had ideas to solve this problem.

I was thinking that Turbine could implement a similar system that Rift uses (or used to use at some point if I recall correctly). Before character creation, put a screen that allows you to choose a side. Freep or Creep. If you chose Freep, you have access to all the Freep classes and may enter Ettenmoors as a Freep character, but not a Creep charcter, and vice-versa.

Other thoughts?
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    I've been observing many of the posts on this server, and have found that many are complaining about the "outnumbered" issue. Now we all know this is a FOTM problem with ezmode scum flipping to whichever side has the biggest advantage. I wanted to know if anyone had ideas to solve this problem.

I was thinking that Turbine could implement a similar system that Rift uses (or used to use at some point if I recall correctly). Before character creation, put a screen that allows you to choose a side. Freep or Creep. If you chose Freep, you have access to all the Freep classes and may enter Ettenmoors as a Freep character, but not a Creep charcter, and vice-versa.

Other thoughts?
    Putting back the 1-hour cooldown is a beggining. But this make switching to reach balance in numbers impossible then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Putting back the 1-hour cooldown is a beggining. But this make switching to reach balance in numbers impossible then.
    With F2P accounts, people will just use different accounts. Plus removing the timer allows people to flip to the losing side too, which believe it or not some people do.

You can't fix an issue like flipping in my opinion. The average type of person that plays these games will find one way or another to achieve the easymode their digital ego craves. Take away the flipping, they'll just log or quest until they hear the magical words "solo freep/creep at GTA", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    With F2P accounts, people will just use different accounts. Plus removing the timer allows people to flip to the losing side too, which believe it or not some people do.

You can't fix an issue like flipping in my opinion. The average type of person that plays these games will find one way or another to achieve the easymode their digital ego craves. Take away the flipping, they'll just log or quest until they hear the magical words "solo freep/creep at GTA", etc.
    True that.

I'd say make the cooldown IP based instead of account based perhaps (that might defeat them making new accounts to circumvent the cooldown), but people could still use the "opt out altogether option." It's a shame really that people want the game to be so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    I know, this is what i tried to say (english isnt my native langage and its pretty easy to guess).

Most pvp players in lotro are just here to grind the rank, and yeah that is clearly sad, cause its not what pvp is about.
    And if they can find an easy way to do it, they will..

As a freepside leader, its really tough to see when you lose one fight and you have like 5 ppl drop the raid and next thing you know other side gain numbers which already has more numbers lol, had to deal with a lot.

So yeah, putting 1 hour timer is THE BEST solution can be implemented with current situation in game imo.

I am back to playing my mini now and I go back to my reaver those rare times when creeps are outnumbered now. There are several of us on Lode who do the same thing. I would be very unhappy if I was forced to play on the side with #s because of a flip timer. 5 minutes is already annoying. Not to mention after a good 1v1 fight I like to flip and say gf and do my part to promote fair play.

I just really hate the idea of timers and don't think they would actually help much.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    I am back to playing my mini now and I go back to my reaver those rare times when creeps are outnumbered now. There are several of us on Lode who do the same thing. I would be very unhappy if I was forced to play on the side with #s because of a flip timer. 5 minutes is already annoying. Not to mention after a good 1v1 fight I like to flip and say gf and do my part to promote fair play.

I just really hate the idea of timers and don't think they would actually help much.
    Still though, a big reason Freeps are having hard times are because of the flippers. Freeps are already a little (a little mind you) underpowered at the moment, but being severly outnumbered doesn't help the situation.

Perhaps lowering the bar for Premiums to come into the moors?

Still though, a big reason Freeps are having hard times are because of the flippers. Freeps are already a little (a little mind you) underpowered at the moment, but being severly outnumbered doesn't help the situation.

Perhaps lowering the bar for Premiums to come into the moors?
    It's obviously different server to server but on Silverlode it's not people suddenly flipping from freep to creep that's the problem but people full time going back to creep or starting new defilers. Lock out timers won't help that. Freeps aren't in the Moors to flip over here. The only real way I see to solve the problem is a lock out timer that is tied to population levels so people can't flip to the side with numbers but I can't see Turbine implementing that properly.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

I agree to the 1 hour timer on moors access... sick of hearing fakes who want easy mode trolling in ooc.

I would prefer an Outnumbered Buff people actually notice rather than a timer.
    Bruuwnor, Dwarf Champion of Arkenstone, Pipeweed and Ale

Quote Originally Posted by MathKnight View Post
    I would prefer an Outnumbered Buff people actually notice rather than a timer.
    That is an alternative I hadn't considered. The ON buff is pretty worthless now, but maybe it Turbine buffed it, it would actually make a difference. Buff Ranger/Troll session play, and give some kind of buff to all players...extra renown/infamy....a mit boost....dps boost...something.

Well, it is FOTM, so I would say the timer should be at least a month.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_ox1 View Post
    Well, it is FOTM, so I would say the timer should be at least a month.
    Like a class population list? :P

"I'm sorry, you cannot create this defiler. This server has an exceedingly high amount of healing classes as is. Please try again in a month."

That is an alternative I hadn't considered. The ON buff is pretty worthless now, but maybe it Turbine buffed it, it would actually make a difference. Buff Ranger/Troll session play, and give some kind of buff to all players...extra renown/infamy....a mit boost....dps boost...something.
    Yeah, i agree, ON buff or POP buff whatever you call, should really reflect population dis balance. Because at the moment side with more numbers has easier time controlling OPs, Keeps and DoF Buffs which puts side with less numbers at even more disadvantage.

TBH the ON buff is already quite potent in solo/small group scenarios. All buffing it would do is further destabilize the playstyles that already get kicked in the shin more every update (solo/small groupers).

Turbine needs to develop mechanics to discourage zerging and massive server crushing rvr action (I'm talking about the 40+v40+ including extra gold-tags that absolutely no one can function in properly, I've nothing against proper 24v24 fights). To be perfectly honest, the only way to do this is in a change in the rewards system, i think.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    TBH the ON buff is already quite potent in solo/small group scenarios. All buffing it would do is further destabilize the playstyles that already get kicked in the shin more every update (solo/small groupers).

Turbine needs to develop mechanics to discourage zerging and massive server crushing rvr action (I'm talking about the 40+v40+ including extra gold-tags that absolutely no one can function in properly, I've nothing against proper 24v24 fights). To be perfectly honest, the only way to do this is in a change in the rewards system, i think.
    Wait... giving full rewards to people who gold tag outside of the group and auto attack once on a creep then run to hide in a bush while they get free infamy is a bad idea?

And giving full rewards to people who simply throw small HoTs on raid callers while not actively participating in fights is also a bad idea?

Blasphemy! Free renown fer allz!
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Coming back to the "one kill gives 5 infamy when zerging" period would be one of the best idea devs could have to prevent ######## zerging.
    "My friends call me Gray, my enemies call for back-up" - GRay, 2003.
    "[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbo2ehxSGOo"]Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/URL]" - GRay, 2012.

r11 warg, r9 reaver/BA/def, r8 WL/Weav. Freep destroyer since 1989.