We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Forum links not working correctly

It has been months, maybe since the last major change in the forums, since the "view first unread" link has worked. No matter how much I've read, it just takes me to the first post. Now, in the last few days, I've noticed that links in email notifications that there are new posts also take me to the first post, not the one I've been notified about. Others having this problem?
    Officer and elder member of the Claws of Abigail kin.

As far as email notifications, I have not encountered that problem. I even tested it. I had an email from a little while ago alerting me to a new post in one of the (few) threads I'm subscribed to. A direct quote from my email says:

When I click on that link from my email, it takes me directly to the most recent post in that thread.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    When I click on that link from my email, it takes me directly to the most recent post in that thread.
    I don't use email notifications but clicking on that link worked for me as well. It's the same format as the links the forum uses (appends "&goto=newpost" to the thread link). I use the forum's newpost link by the threads all the time and never had an issue with them. Using Firefox here.

EDIT: Just used a "View next unread" link at the top of a thread, which I normally don't use, and it worked fine.
    Last edited by Penter-Kar; Apr 19 2014 at 01:36 PM.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Thanks. It appears to be working for me now, after weeks of not working correctly. Guess I just had to ask!
    Officer and elder member of the Claws of Abigail kin.

I guess it's like a car. Just when you decide to take it to the mechanic, it's problems miraculously go away. xD
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval