We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What about critical defence?

I got hit for a 630 Sudden Strikes (Fire) today... 37% tact mits, 45% crit defence. 2k claws before U13, haven't been out and seen a warg since, but... Something must be wrong there?

Let's calculate:

Sudden strikes are roughly 800 damage each strike.
    Critical hit doubles the damage to 1600.
    Your mitigation lowers the damege from 1600 to 1008.
    Critical defence is the tricky one, since there is a cap for negating critical magnitude, which is unknown. Some speculate that a crit can't go lower than 1.5 times the original hit.
    Let's say your crit def made the reaver hit this 1.5 multiplier.
    In this case a hit for 1008 with x2 critical multiplier becomes a hit for 756 with x1.5 multiplier.

Conclusion:
    Get more mits

That's exactly why I've been deeding today. But really, reavers wreck me without Impale, DS, and BT... Tis no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jousimies View Post
    Let's calculate:

Sudden strikes are roughly 800 damage each strike.
    Critical hit doubles the damage to 1600.
    Your mitigation lowers the damege from 1600 to 1008.
    Critical defence is the tricky one, since there is a cap for negating critical magnitude, which is unknown. Some speculate that a crit can't go lower than 1.5 times the original hit.
    Let's say your crit def made the reaver hit this 1.5 multiplier.
    In this case a hit for 1008 with x2 critical multiplier becomes a hit for 756 with x1.5 multiplier.

Conclusion:
    Get more mits
    I was under the impression crits base were 50% greater than normal, so instead of double, its one and a half times as strong. Add onto that the amount of crit magnitude from crit rating (usually around 30-40% and it gets closer to 200%. And then you'd subtract 45% from that value and get what is expected from a crit from said reaver. And i think crit D will nullify criticals to 100%.

So for example,

800 damage sudden strikes. reaver has 150% crit+ 30% from crit rating = 180% crit.
    180-45 = 135% crit, so the crit does 35% more than a regular hit.
    800 dmg sudden strikes with 135% crit dmg = 1080. cut that by 37% and you get 680.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    I was under the impression crits base were 50% greater than normal, so instead of double, its one and a half times as strong. Add onto that the amount of crit magnitude from crit rating (usually around 30-40% and it gets closer to 200%. And then you'd subtract 45% from that value and get what is expected from a crit from said reaver. And i think crit D will nullify criticals to 100%.

So for example,

800 damage sudden strikes. reaver has 150% crit+ 30% from crit rating = 180% crit.
    800 dmg sudden strikes with 135% crit dmg = 1080. cut that by 37% and you get 680.
    That's perfectly calculated, thanks for correcting me

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post

So for example,

Doesn't matter swigglefiggle I can facemash 1-2-3-4-impale and DS and destroy all your math.

Sundering blow not even needed.

Disarm because fak you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottapee View Post
    Doesn't matter swigglefiggle I can facemash 1-2-3-4-impale and DS and destroy all your math.

Sundering blow not even needed.

Disarm because fak you.
    a lot of ppl seem to think crit defence is actually broken atm but maybe theres jut a soft cap on it. I lowered my crit defence from 22k-18k and saw no crit/dev damage difference tested this with a few creeps