We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Once_of_Bree View Post
    I too was disappointed not to get my very own mini-huorn pet after 5 days of tedious repetition but then I realised they had to do that or how else would anyone move beyond Acquaintance with Fangorn rep? Thankfully the recipes are available for a few silver from the craft guild from day 1 so no harm done.
    What recipes are you talking about?
    ~ Chieftain Atriohm, Cotfk

Quote Originally Posted by Atriohm View Post
    What recipes are you talking about?
    Most likely the new crafting Fangorn crafting recipes for armor, weapons, jewelery, etc. That stuff is always available from your guild improved recipe vendor and require Large guild symbols to craft.

(Not the head/shoulder special recipes that cost 400 leaves)
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Do you have to be kindred with the ents for the chance at a drop to occur?
    [COLOR=#E8A317]Gadpiloc Brownburrows-Lvl 100 Guardian Hobbit Server: Arkenstone
    Gadhador Brownburrows- Lvl 100 Warden Hobbit SErver; Arkenstone
    [url=https://sites.google.com/site/defendersofarda/]Defenders Of Arda[/url][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopyHobbit View Post
    Do you have to be kindred with the ents for the chance at a drop to occur?
    No. I got my pet in the first box I opened. I don't remember what rep I was at then, but I'm not even kindred now.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

I'm curious. Are we able to rename the huorn pets?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000016eb1d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Apologies for the ever so slight derail of this thread, but I've got a quick question for those of you who have the pet - can you enable/summon/switch it on anywhere or can you just enable it in Fangorn?
    <A sig goes here>

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Apologies for the ever so slight derail of this thread, but I've got a quick question for those of you who have the pet - can you enable/summon/switch it on anywhere or can you just enable it in Fangorn?
    Someone earlier in this thread said they were showing their pet off in West Bree, so we know it can be summoned outside of Entwood. Not sure if the skill gets greyed out in instances, I can only imagine Draigoch's rage at 12 huorn pets lol I'm also curious about renaming so if anyone can let us know that would be great!
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    As far as I can tell you can summon it anywhere. I have summoned it in the moors, Bree, Way of Smiths skirm, Battle of the 21st Hall skirm, and in the Helms Dike BB
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarr View Post
    As far as I can tell you can summon it anywhere. I have summoned it in the moors, Bree, Way of Smiths skirm, Battle of the 21st Hall skirm, and in the Helms Dike BB
    It's actually quite cute there it goes trough Bree.
    <Curses at RNG for not giving mine yet>

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarr View Post
    I thought I heard/read in one of the developer chats, though, that because it is a client-side thing, when summoned it is only viewable by the player/owner and not others around them? Is that right? How can you 'show it off' then?

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    I thought I heard/read in one of the developer chats, though, that because it is a client-side thing, when summoned it is only viewable by the player/owner and not others around them? Is that right? How can you 'show it off' then?
    The one I saw chasing that elf in Bree was definitely not mine

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    I was playing WoS last night and one of the people in our group had it with her. We could all see it fine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000075c95/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Total number of level 75 mobs killed: 5558. keys & Lootboxes:0

Regards the client side thing - I recall something like that from the preview dev stream IIRC.

yup found it from here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...71#post7135571

jwbarry – They can be used anywhere. They are working on iterating the tech. This is the initial version where the pets mirror the tech of LM pets, where they are actual server entities. The implementation for a future update, which they are currently working on, switches them over to be purely client-side, so they aren’t real, you can’t even click them and the server has no knowledge that they exist. That is changing some of their behaviors, and what they can and cannot do with them. They disappear when you mount up, but they may not disappear when you get into combat because the server doesn’t even know that they exist so there’s no need to. They won’t be targeted, they won’t have health or any of that other kind of stuff. They’re looking into a client option to disable them, so in raids if you are worried about performance. They will likely not be allowed in the Ettenmoors. Entertainingly they are currently dealing with an issue where they don’t swim. The notion of a water volume is a server type thing, so the pet doesn’t know about it, so they try to make the pets float, and the engineer who was working on it was showing it to him and he’d get about halfway into a pond and follow him about halfway and then beeline for the shoreline. And the pet is only aware of the movement path the character is taking, so the engineer has no idea how the pet is moving autonomously and knows where the shoreline is.
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by Buck5959 View Post
    I'm curious. Are we able to rename the huorn pets?
    Yes. You can rename them.

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post
    Regards the client side thing - I recall something like that from the preview dev stream IIRC.

yup found it from here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...71#post7135571
    thanks for finding that. I clearly made an incorrect inference about what 'client-side' meant in this case. Looking forward to seeing one in game!

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor_the_Burninator View Post
    Seems like here's the RNG tables - for pet and housing item

Carnimirie - Black Huorn with Honeycomb
    Orofarne - (Plain) Huorn
    Lassemista - Snowy Huorn

I got the Orofarne housing item - looks like a generic full-size mob just in ur lawn
    Can anyone confirm this? I got the snowy housing huorn from Lassemista indeed, but maybe that was just coincidence... I really like the snowy appearance and would only grind this quest then.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Can anyone confirm this? I got the snowy housing huorn from Lassemista indeed, but maybe that was just coincidence... I really like the snowy appearance and would only grind this quest then.
    I can't confirm that the loot table is absolutely true, but I got myself a snowy huorn pet today from Lassemista's seed quest, so it seems accurate to believe they drop as stated above.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000c65a1/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post

For those that wanted to see the items, note how non of it is bound, nor level restricted
    Thank you so much! *runs off to update the wiki*
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

Whh and I do every Fangorn quest that we can, every day.
    I suppose we'll eventually get enough leaves to do something
    with. Personally, I don't care; I enjoy the quests, they don't
    take very long, and I don't want a pet Huorn anyway; it would
    never replace my Onyx Lynx.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Whh and I do every Fangorn quest that we can, every day.
    I suppose we'll eventually get enough leaves to do something
    with. Personally, I don't care; I enjoy the quests, they don't
    take very long, and I don't want a pet Huorn anyway; it would
    never replace my Onyx Lynx.
    I'm pretty sure (not 100% positive, hopefully someone else will confirm this) I remember either a dev or Sapience saying that Captains and Lore-Masters will be able to have 2 pets out at once, both the huorn and whatever other pet they want to have out.

The RNG is once again driving me up a wall. Just opened my 5th or 6th box (lost count) on 2 seperate toons and 10 leaves each time. A kinnie felt bad and gave me a yard item since she had 2. The rate is just bad.. you should be guarenteed one after five boxes or so

If only Sam and Frodo knew a ULTIMATE FAN they could have used their EXCLUSIVE HOUSING TELEPORT and Simply Walked Into Mordor
    Do I still get respected if I am just a regular fan?

Quote Originally Posted by SjsharksBoy View Post
    I'm pretty sure (not 100% positive, hopefully someone else will confirm this) I remember either a dev or Sapience saying that Captains and Lore-Masters will be able to have 2 pets out at once, both the huorn and whatever other pet they want to have out.
    Yup, here's the excerpt from frickinmuck's notes:

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Sapience – Just wants to clarify, these are purely cosmetic pets, they’re not combat pets, they don’t replace any classes existing pets, they are just purely cosmetic.
    jwbarry – That’s correct. In fact, Lore-masters who have existing cosmetic pets will find that they can have both their pet and this pet out at the same time.
    Rowan – Not with this update, but with the following update?
    jwbarry – Clarifies that right now the pets are in separate channels, so if a LM had their bear out, they could have the bear and the huorn out. If they had their squirrel out, they could have the squirrel and the huorn out. And with the future limitations they are not looking to change that. They are looking to preserve that behaviour. So one of the cool things about being a LM is that you get two guys to follow you around, not just one.
    Sapience – Assumes the same would be true for captains, if they had their heralds out.
    jwbarry – Confirms that is correct.
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    I was exaggerating a bit, but not much. I've noticed more and more players seem to want - not even want, but expect - everything now. More and more they reject the notion of striving for something over months or yeah - years. I personally love achievements that don't come easy. That's part of what makes them special. This is the type of thing I tend to put a lot of time and effort into - just so I may eventually get that thing I really want that few others have. Like Ivar's Helm - something I MUST have.
    Not sure if this has been said like I'm saying (havent had time to read all of this) but the biggest issue for me is that it's a big time sink, and you aren't guaranteed anything, ever, except from tokens. This angers people because they made the first appearance of cosmetic pets for normal classes only attainable through luck - that's it. Sapience and the dev team, as you know from the or one of the latest TTHTI runs, said that they wanted to reward people for hard work. It is not hard work to run these quests 50 times and not get anything, not when someone else can get it on their first run (and someone on one of the TTHTI runs, maybe even the same one had the pet)! I don't care how long it takes to get them, but I hate that it is based on luck, no matter how lucky I am.

I really think they should have made a deed that increments for each completion of any Seed quest, and once you get to a certain amount of completions, say 15 (or more, I don't know, just making it up), you get an item that starts a quest that you turn in to Quickbeam, which rewards you your choice of the pets. Then there is another incremental deed after that that takes either another 15, or more (or less really, it's not like you can use 2 at the same time), so that you can obtain the others. Then there should be a third deed for the last one. But I would also keep a low drop rate directly from boxes, and make the pets from boxes BtA to avoid angry people who get duplicates (or filter out the acquisition of ones you have, but I don't know if Turbine can do that, I have never seen a system like that to date). This would give us incentive to do the quests, instead of just getting sick of RNG and mad at Turbine and potentially leaving over a stupid thing. The issue is you have no progression as it is.

I mean I could do these quests 500 times, taking about 6 years I think, and never get a pet on any of my characters; yet someone could get it within the first 5. That does not, in any way, represent "hard work".
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

Well, for me the Entwood is very... entish. The seed-quest is the only one I can do since all Quieting -quests are bugged (I got to do one quest, and the rest of them have been unavailable to me ever since). So, I get about 700 rep every five days (if I play about 5 minutes every day), so I will reach kindred faction around Christmas 2017

Quote Originally Posted by pittcrew1 View Post
    I really think they should have made a deed that increments for each completion of any Seed quest, and once you get to a certain amount of completions, say 15 (or more, I don't know, just making it up), you get an item that starts a quest that you turn in to Quickbeam, which rewards you your choice of the pets. Then there is another incremental deed after that that takes either another 15, or more (or less really, it's not like you can use 2 at the same time), so that you can obtain the others. Then there should be a third deed for the last one. But I would also keep a low drop rate directly from boxes, and make the pets from boxes BtA to avoid angry people who get duplicates (or filter out the acquisition of ones you have, but I don't know if Turbine can do that, I have never seen a system like that to date). This would give us incentive to do the quests, instead of just getting sick of RNG and mad at Turbine and potentially leaving over a stupid thing. The issue is you have no progression as it is.

I mean I could do these quests 500 times, taking about 6 years I think, and never get a pet on any of my characters; yet someone could get it within the first 5. That does not, in any way, represent "hard work".
    I wish we still had the reputation system so I could thumbs your post up!
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast