We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    If nothing else, hopefully the drop rates or number of days to get each box is looked at in a future update when the content is less fresh.
    If we take Hytbold as a reasonable precedent, I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    If we take Hytbold as a reasonable precedent, I wouldn't count on it.
    I dont see it as comparable. Hytbold was all about guaranteed progression.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    This is at least a good thing. It should mean that duplicates can be sent to alts or kinnies, or sold on the AH.l
    Now that is an idea I can get behind. Glad to see it's unbound, and hope to heck it stays that way. I wish it were the same with some of the other rare RNG fluff items. Then people who don't want to grind for them would still have a method of getting them. I have gotten 2 Nanus, I would love to be able to give one to someone who hasn't gotten one yet, without it remaining bound to me. I like that these things are rare - that's why I don't mind the randomness - but if someone gets one who doesn't want or need it, they should be able to pass it along.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Now that is an idea I can get behind. Glad to see it's unbound, and hope to heck it stays that way. I wish it were the same with some of the other rare RNG fluff items. Then people who don't want to grind for them would still have a method of getting them. I have gotten 2 Nanus, I would love to be able to give one to someone who hasn't gotten one yet, without it remaining bound to me. I like that these things are rare - that's why I don't mind the randomness - but if someone gets one who doesn't want or need it, they should be able to pass it along.
    At least with Nanu you can place it if they know where they want it. Not true of most rare RNG fluff.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    At least with Nanu you can place it if they know where they want it. Not true of most rare RNG fluff.
    True. I just wish all such super rare things weren't bound at all.

Here is the Screenshot

Last edited by Mystarr; Apr 22 2014 at 02:11 AM.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

That image is broken...

I received a pet fangorn huorn in the 3rd seed box today. Used a horseshoe, the thing is super cute and totally camera shy like the devs said. :P
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    I received a pet fangorn huorn in the 3rd seed box today. Used a horseshoe, the thing is super cute and totally camera shy like the devs said. :P
    Congrats! Which version did you get - what does it look like?

My first time completing the quest just now and received one of the cosmetic pets as my reward from the gift box:

It's the Black Hourn with Honeycomb! It's actually kinda cute how they run around, and I like it more than I thought I would :-)

Aww I love the wee beehive!
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 40 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by amaelamin View Post
    My first time completing the quest just now and received one of the cosmetic pets as my reward from the gift box:

It's the Black Hourn with Honeycomb! It's actually kinda cute how they run around, and I like it more than I thought I would :-)
    Cute! Congrats!

Seems like here's the RNG tables - for pet and housing item

Carnimirie - Black Huorn with Honeycomb
    Orofarne - (Plain) Huorn
    Lassemista - Snowy Huorn

I got the Orofarne housing item - looks like a generic full-size mob just in ur lawn

I think I'll now have to start doing this with my alts and then send the pets to my main...

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

I just got Black Huorn with Honeycomb pet a few minutes ago. Very cool and was showing it off in West Bree on Vilya, lots of players came to check it out. Goes along with my ingame luck. I won Nanu's Hiding Place on my first turtle run and Saruman's Rings on my first Tower of Orthanc run. I've even been winning SA and FA symbols in WoS on the same runs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000134df0/signature.png]Kryhavoc[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarr View Post
    Edit: It's worth noting that the reward box gave me a non-bound deed that I used to learn the snowy huron pet skill. That means the pet reward is trade-able and could be sold on the AH.
    Can u explain that better or post a pic if u have? Not pet itself, but an item that u recieved as a drop from reward box. What item u got as drop in box? Autolearning skill? Or same kind as lm pet ones like "Fox-speech"?
    [url=https://youtu.be/e3tdAeL6fuY][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Captain-General Mornaro, Hero of Legend [EN]-Snowbourn[/url]
    [url=http://youtu.be/NMAnFXMilag]Tyrant Uner, Herald of Darkness [DE]-Gwaihir[/COLOR][/url]

On my first box, i recieved an frost-hourn houseitem (small garden)

The 2nd was only 10 fangornleaves.

www.Sternenheer.eu
    [IMG]http://s14.directupload.net/images/130201/fuv65lba.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://s14.directupload.net/images/121115/8p7megf7.png[/IMG]

Are those pets character-specific or are they (similar to DDO) server-wide shared between character?
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. ... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

They are character-specific.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 40 HNT :.

Here is the Huron yard decoration I received from my 2nd box. It's for a "Small Yard" category but the thing is HUGE!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000075c95/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Total number of level 75 mobs killed: 5558. keys & Lootboxes:0

Quote Originally Posted by OVH View Post
    Here is the Huron yard decoration I received from my 2nd box. It's for a "Small Yard" category but the thing is HUGE!
    That's a good thing though. More small yard slots than anything else!

For those that wanted to see the items, note how non of it is bound, nor level restricted
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post

For those that wanted to see the items, note how non of it is bound, nor level restricted
    Much thanks man! Respect!
    [url=https://youtu.be/e3tdAeL6fuY][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Captain-General Mornaro, Hero of Legend [EN]-Snowbourn[/url]
    [url=http://youtu.be/NMAnFXMilag]Tyrant Uner, Herald of Darkness [DE]-Gwaihir[/COLOR][/url]

I too was disappointed not to get my very own mini-huorn pet after 5 days of tedious repetition but then I realised they had to do that or how else would anyone move beyond Acquaintance with Fangorn rep? Thankfully the recipes are available for a few silver from the craft guild from day 1 so no harm done.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR="#006400"]Wal's Army on Eldar - Walred (Champ), Walbert (Cappy), Walmur (RK), Walori (Guard), Walrandir (LM)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Once_of_Bree View Post
    ... but then I realised they had to do that or how else would anyone move beyond Acquaintance with Fangorn rep? T...
    How about actual content? Quests? Tasks? Skirmishes? Raids? You know, that stuff that was working during the last 7 years.
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. ... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast