We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Carnimiries Seed Reward Box

So i have done the daily quest parts for the quest Carnimiries Seed for a few days now, and all i have got out of the reward box are 10 fangorn leafes. Aren't you supposed to get these mini huorn pets out of it or is 10 fangorn leafes really all you get for doing dailys for 5 days?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1e21d00000002e8c9/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Zero_95 View Post
    So i have done the daily quest parts for the quest Carnimiries Seed for a few days now, and all i have got out of the reward box are 10 fangorn leafes. Aren't you supposed to get these mini huorn pets out of it or is 10 fangorn leafes really all you get for doing dailys for 5 days?
    That's all I remember it giving me in the beta. I didn't finish any of the other two seed quest chains, so I'm not sure if they did anything different. At the time, I chalked it up to doing the quest with a non-pet class (Guardian in my case).

It appears that these boxes do not have a fixed reward. Instead they work like birthday celebration gift boxes or the envelope quest. You get a box. Open the box and see what the random number generator gives you. I suspect the Huorn pet is a rare drop. As to whether all the boxes have the Huorn Pet or not. No idea.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Wow, is the Huorn pet a random drop? Wow... talk about a waste of time. I'm gonna do all three seed quests and if I don't get it for putting that much time into this stupid quest chain, I'm not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    It appears that these boxes do not have a fixed reward. Instead they work like birthday celebration gift boxes or the envelope quest. You get a box. Open the box and see what the random number generator gives you. I suspect the Huorn pet is a rare drop. As to whether all the boxes have the Huorn Pet or not. No idea.
    I don't think there's any real evidence to support that theory. So far everyone I've seen complete it has gotten the same thing - 10 leaves. So it's possible there is another step or quest that rewards the pet.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    I don't think there's any real evidence to support that theory. So far everyone I've seen complete it has gotten the same thing - 10 leaves. So it's possible there is another step or quest that rewards the pet.
    Either way, waiting 5 days to complete a quest only to get that reward is bad on its own.

If they want us to stay and do content, give us the content to do, don't gate the small amounts of content behind cool down timers.

Based on what other folks had said before, I thought each box awarded a different-looking pet huorn. If you have a rare chance at all three, and might not even get one...that's rather lame.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    Based on what other folks had said before, I thought each box awarded a different-looking pet huorn. If you have a rare chance at all three, and might not even get one...that's rather lame.
    Yeah, this is certainly confusing, but like I said there's no evidence at all to suggest it's a random number thing yet, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

When on Bullroarer - I opened a few of these boxes. Most gave just the 10 leaves, but one did give a yard decoration for my house.

The one I managed to get so far on live just gave the 10 leaves - I am pretty sure its random unless the loot tables didn't carry over/get updated properly. It is too early to tell and with the rate being so slow to get - may take a bit to see one of the pets. Who knows it could also be tied to reputation..

Quote Originally Posted by TexanHobbit View Post
    When on Bullroarer - I opened a few of these boxes. Most gave just the 10 leaves, but one did give a yard decoration for my house.

The one I managed to get so far on live just gave the 10 leaves - I am pretty sure its random unless the loot tables didn't carry over/get updated properly. It is too early to tell and with the rate being so slow to get - may take a bit to see one of the pets. Who knows it could also be tied to reputation..
    Well, I guess random would make some sense. It would minimize dozens of people walking around Bree with a huorn pet. Are the quests at least repeatable (i.e. once you've completed one full cycle and gotten your gift box, can you restart it once again)?

Are the quests at least repeatable (i.e. once you've completed one full cycle and gotten your gift box, can you restart it once again)?
    They are repeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    They are repeatable.
    Ah, then that's good. I don't mind it being random as long as I get to keep trying. I'm the sort of person who will do it 100 times if it eventually gets me what I want!

Ah, then that's good. I don't mind it being random as long as I get to keep trying. I'm the sort of person who will do it 100 times if it eventually gets me what I want!
    I disagree when it's five days per retry.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    I disagree when it's five days per retry.
    Well, 5 days isn't really that long for a chance at something good. Not much different than a raid lock that lasts that long or longer. Only difference is, you get leaves and rep every day that you do that simple 5 minute step. Not that bad.

If it takes you 100 tries to get one of the huorn pets, you do realize that's about a year and a half, right? xD

If this is truly the situation... real lame.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    If it takes you 100 tries to get one of the huorn pets, you do realize that's about a year and a half, right? xD

If this is truly the situation... real lame.
    I was exaggerating a bit, but not much. I've noticed more and more players seem to want - not even want, but expect - everything now. More and more they reject the notion of striving for something over months or yeah - years. I personally love achievements that don't come easy. That's part of what makes them special. This is the type of thing I tend to put a lot of time and effort into - just so I may eventually get that thing I really want that few others have. Like Ivar's Helm - something I MUST have.

I was exaggerating a bit, but not much. I've noticed more and more players seem to want - not even want, but expect - everything now. More and more they reject the notion of striving for something over months or yeah - years. I personally love achievements that don't come easy. That's part of what makes them special. This is the type of thing I tend to put a lot of time and effort into - just so I may eventually get that thing I really want that few others have. Like Ivar's Helm - something I MUST have.
    I don't expect it now, personally. I do, however, expect to have a chance of getting a reward in a timely manner. If I have to rely on the RNG once every five days, that sucks the fun out of doing anything. I loved Hytbold. Five dailies that netted you guaranteed tokens and took about 40 days to fully rebuild. It would then take around one week to get enough tokens to get full armor sets if you were obtaining them for alts, guaranteed.

These seeds, RNG once every five days, is absolutely excruciating. At the very least, let us do all the seeds at once. Give us a little slack with it. 15 days to do all three seeds, with no guarantee at all of getting anything. Leaves are basically useless as the acquisition to barter item cost ratio is terrible.

I wish they'd put a milestone up there.

Not impressed with the daily grind personally, every 5 days you *might* get something rare that's only fluff. Rare raid drops make sense. Rare fluff drops? Not as much.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

Milestone would be nice. Or a barterable travel or guide to skill.

It's always interesting to see how others react to things. I can see, based on your view, why you guys feel that way. I don't feel that way myself. I personally enjoy the casual nature of these quests. It fits with the lore. Ents are sloooooow creatures.

It's always interesting to see how others react to things. I can see, based on your view, why you guys feel that way. I don't feel that way myself. I personally enjoy the casual nature of these quests. It fits with the lore. Ents are sloooooow creatures.
    This is how I feel too. Don't be hasty.
    Congratulations to Sanrael who correctly solved the puzzle and won 500 TP. Stay tuned for future puzzles!

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Leaves are basically useless as the acquisition to barter item cost ratio is terrible.
    I know for cook, the double stat recipes have seen an almost 700% appreciation in their cost over their Wildermore counter parts.

Wildermore Survivor 25 tokens per day, cook recipe cost for double stat food: 10 tokens.

Fangorn 14 tokens per day, cook recipe cost for double stat food, 100 tokens.

That just means I'll be making guild outputs only and still making wildermore ones for my 95s.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    This is how I feel too. Don't be hasty.
    That reminds me of the Treebeard saying. We don't say anything in Old Entish, that wouldn't take a long time to say and understand (paraphrased from memory).
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    That reminds me of the Treebeard saying. We don't say anything in Old Entish, that wouldn't take a long time to say and understand (paraphrased from memory).
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time to say anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to."

Fangorn quest/reward structure really seems to be designed to keep people busy for months, seeing the RNG rewards on seed-quests and even more the outrageous prices on barter items. It's going to take about a month of doing all three crafting instances every day to get a single of the "gold" recipes, or a week for a simple LI-title or compendium. Compared to previous regions that's rather insane. While I appreciate that they've moved the gold items from very-low-chance drop to being grindable the prices for consumables either need to go down a lot or there need to be more sources for earning fangorn leaves.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast