We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

HiPS and Disappear - why have them?

Let's count down the issues:

- Pets or npcs following you. Has existed for 5+ years and I assume bug reported thousands of times.
    - Players being able to track you during the 10 second immunity timer. No idea if WAI. Never seen a dev or community manager comment. I assume bug reported hundreds of times.
    - Random bug where a player can still see and hit you after hipsing/disappearing. I assume bug reported many times.
    - Bug that appeared with HD release where skills go on CD but don't pop, usually when 2 skills hit simultaneously or too fast (my guess is it has something to do with the counter-macro exploit). Not specifically a hips/disappear bug but undoubtedly no class gets caught with their pants down like a burg or warg when hips/disappear fail them. I assume bug reported many times.
    - Latest issue - reflect skills popping you out of stealth, even defensive skills like knives out bleeds. Seriously: you hit knives out to defend against a zerg and you get punished by being pooped out of stealth 10 seconds later. I haven't bugged it, it's likely WAI.

Seriously, you developers really don't want anyone playing the only viable remaining solo class, do you?

Cause it's still saving my ### 95% of the time when zerged.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    Seriously, you developers really don't want anyone playing the only viable remaining solo class, do you?
    The ability to pounce someone and then run away if the fight isn't going your way doesn't make this the only viable solo class and most of the wargs I see aren't soloing anyway. Personally wish we went back to the longer CDs on both HIPs and sprint and make flayer viable again.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Cause it's still saving my ### 95% of the time when zerged.
    ^This. HiPS and Sprint have saved me countless time when being focused fired by zergbabies.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    The ability to pounce someone and then run away if the fight isn't going your way doesn't make this the only viable solo class and most of the wargs I see aren't soloing anyway. Personally wish we went back to the longer CDs on both HIPs and sprint and make flayer viable again.
    Agreed about the longer CDs, but I'll have you know some Wargs (me for example) use HiPS and Sprint offensively....
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    - Bug that appeared with HD release where skills go on CD but don't pop, usually when 2 skills hit simultaneously or too fast (my guess is it has something to do with the counter-macro exploit). Not specifically a hips/disappear bug but undoubtedly no class gets caught with their pants down like a burg or warg when hips/disappear fail them. I assume bug reported many times.
    out of all the issues this one bothers me the most, either work, or fix it turbine. then lengthen the cds, but fix it first.

OR what if there was a know built in failure rate on purpose. that would keep it interesting, would wargs, burgs, be so brave then?

I go into a fight pretending my hips and sprint aren't working and use them offensively only when I need or an unfair advantaged to either party happens. if those skills fail, (and It does happen a lot) im toast.

Come take a look at brandywine, and then see how much you care about stealth classes having their escape skills work properly.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    At least on larger servers the viability of being genuinely solo on a visible class is quite diminished when the action picks up, purely due to the tedium of constabtly running back from the rez. Some evenings I can spend the majority of my play time simply trying to get to the places I want to be. Warg and burg don't have nearly this same issue and remain viable for this reason while solo, with or without escape skills.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]