We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    49

    Question Brockbridge Quest Instance Siege Escalated

    The instance objective is to keep 5 guards from being defeated from waves of attackers from your warsteed. Too many mobs! This quest appears to be meant for a fellowship especially when the 2 Trolls enter the battle.

    What is the strategy for successful completion?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000249b9f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by brownujr View Post
    The instance objective is to keep 5 guards from being defeated from waves of attackers from your warsteed. Too many mobs! This quest appears to be meant for a fellowship especially when the 2 Trolls enter the battle.

    What is the strategy for successful completion?
    On Herefara's side, just target the signatures/elites. He will heal the team.

    On the other side, kill indiscriminately, but make sure to keep signatures aggro'd to you. Typically, you only need to kill 2-3 per wave to make things work before looking to the next wave.

    I've had no problem on Burg, RK, Warden, or Champ. Champ still had a level 85 weapon at the time. You don't need to be on your warsteed.

  3. #3
    This instances are significantly harder after the deployment of Update 13 on Monday. The combat power reduction changes to our characters apply to your friendly NPCs. Most of NPCs are very fragile now. You need to get the opponents to attack you instead of the NPCs. I wasn't able to complete the Edoras instance on Thursday with Eowyn. She only lasts perhaps 20 seconds due the massive amount of damage she takes per second. I tried pulling the mobs off of Eowyn with my Champion. That worked except the mounted archers killed my war steed. The Troll finished me off on foot.

    I am at a loss as to how to proceed at this point. My Champion can't tank the mobs. Kiting does not work because the archers shoot you to pieces. Eowyn take a serious beating when she fighting a single mob.

    Worst Part. You die in this instance. You placed 1,500 meters for Edoras. It is a long ride back. You have to listen to her for a some minutes before you get to the combat portion. You get one attempt every ten minutes or so.

    Other quests are still face roll easy. I did the small fellowship quests solo in Stonedeans with my Hunter. That was a simple ride around. Ha Ha You are on foot. You are not touching the elf. Shot them to pieces without being hit. No idea how doable solo with a melee class like a Burglar. I suspect you would need a Hunter buddy to do the killing.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    This instances are significantly harder after the deployment of Update 13 on Monday. The combat power reduction changes to our characters apply to your friendly NPCs. Most of NPCs are very fragile now. You need to get the opponents to attack you instead of the NPCs. I wasn't able to complete the Edoras instance on Thursday with Eowyn. She only lasts perhaps 20 seconds due the massive amount of damage she takes per second. I tried pulling the mobs off of Eowyn with my Champion. That worked except the mounted archers killed my war steed. The Troll finished me off on foot.

    I am at a loss as to how to proceed at this point. My Champion can't tank the mobs. Kiting does not work because the archers shoot you to pieces. Eowyn take a serious beating when she fighting a single mob.

    Worst Part. You die in this instance. You placed 1,500 meters for Edoras. It is a long ride back. You have to listen to her for a some minutes before you get to the combat portion. You get one attempt every ten minutes or so.

    Other quests are still face roll easy. I did the small fellowship quests solo in Stonedeans with my Hunter. That was a simple ride around. Ha Ha You are on foot. You are not touching the elf. Shot them to pieces without being hit. No idea how doable solo with a melee class like a Burglar. I suspect you would need a Hunter buddy to do the killing.
    I thought U13 may have something to do with difficulty especially the changes to mitigation. My Hunter is unable to kill the ranged and melee mobs fast enough without dying on foot or warsteed. Also, the signature melee mobs adds a ton more damage. I tried the yellow line for crowd control but there are too many ranged and melee attackers. Also, the guards are not much help and the heals do not match the amount of damage output by the mobs.

    Thanks,
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000249b9f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  5. #5
    I have failed this quest like a dozen times now on my burg. Focusing on the signatures doesn't work: the regular mobs will kill the defenders.

    Standing out in front to solo entire waves works, but I can't handle that much pressure.

    Without any taunts or heals I can't simply hang back and support the troops, and with no AoE to speak of, I can't burn down the large waves of attackers fast enough to keep the soldiers alive.

    Given that I can usually solo small fellowship content, the fact that I'm categorically unable to complete this solo quest is perplexing.

    I'll chalk it up to U13 changes having unforeseen consequences, but this quest is ridiculous.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by LillianaWarsaw View Post
    I have failed this quest like a dozen times now on my burg. Focusing on the signatures doesn't work: the regular mobs will kill the defenders.

    Standing out in front to solo entire waves works, but I can't handle that much pressure.

    Without any taunts or heals I can't simply hang back and support the troops, and with no AoE to speak of, I can't burn down the large waves of attackers fast enough to keep the soldiers alive.

    Given that I can usually solo small fellowship content, the fact that I'm categorically unable to complete this solo quest is perplexing.

    I'll chalk it up to U13 changes having unforeseen consequences, but this quest is ridiculous.
    Looks like Turbine has swung the balance too far in the other direction where the quest is not fun.

    Thanks,
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000249b9f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  7. #7
    After 5 tries, I give up on this instance. The guards die way too easily and the leader (Herefara) is supposed to heal but is terrible. After the quest fails, I'm in combat for nearly a minute before it finally allows me to eat/buff again.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,641
    I was playing this instance on my 65 champion the other night and I could not solo it. I had to ask a friend to come in and assist. That extra player takes the impossible instance and makes it 'easy'.

  9. #9
    I tried this on my 94 LM the other day. I had even reset her virtues after the update for best mitigations and they are at 16-18. She did woefully.

    I tried running back and forth between sides. I would stay on side 1 until down to 2 and go to side 2 where they had 4 mobs, got 2 down and raced to side 1 where they had 8 mobs, killed a couple and back to side 2 where they now had 8, tried to drag them to the other side and also the guards. ranged killed me. At one time I had close to 12 on each side and they just kept coming. Tried staying on the first side the entire instance sacrificing the 4 guards (4/5 for failure) and did fine until the last attack with the trolls where I was getting close until guard 5 died just before the last 2 mobs. Tried again with different methods and gave up after 3 gold in repairs from all the deaths. I tried to find someone else to help, but no one was around in the area.

    I am not looking forward to getting my last 3 alts through the quests as you hit one of these and that is the end of quest lines.

  10. #10
    I was (barely) able to do this at 95, hunter, with a lot of teal gear. My weapon is still garbage though (85 third age, I know, don't judge me).

    I'd kill this order: elites > archers > others. When it was down to just 1 or 2 guys, if the other side had mobs, I'd go over there and follow the same order again. Otherwise, I'd just finish clearing the side. I ended up losing one guard really early on. After that things went fine until the last wave. There I first burned down the regular elites, then the other guys, then at the end the big dude. I got aggro from the big dude, and couldn't heal through it. He killed me, and in the time it took me to hit "retreat now", respawn, and rejoin the fight, he killed 3 other guards. I was able to quickly get aggro again and finish him.

    So I barely did it (4/5 guards dead, died once). Doable, but close. If I had a better weapon, I probably wouldn't have lost the guard at the start, but I probably still would've died.

    The quest at the end of the Stonedeans chain is going to be pretty tough too. I did it first try, but during the final battle in the mead hall, the NPCs came very close to dying several times. So I had to take aggro. Then I almost died (had to run the last boss around a fire pit a bit while I healed up).

    I enjoy a challenging-but-doable game. I do not enjoy "the NPCs must stay alive" combined with "they're going to do whatever they want and you have no control over them. Also they're made of paper, you can't heal them, and the NPC healer is really slow."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Brumans View Post
    I was (barely) able to do this at 95, hunter, with a lot of teal gear. My weapon is still garbage though (85 third age, I know, don't judge me).

    I enjoy a challenging-but-doable game. I do not enjoy "the NPCs must stay alive" combined with "they're going to do whatever they want and you have no control over them. Also they're made of paper, you can't heal them, and the NPC healer is really slow."
    Agreed! I have ALWAYS disliked these quests as the folks you need to keep alive are always incredibly stupid and get agro on multiple mobs simultaneously. Now after U13 they are even less then no fun (anti-fun , they should at least be labeled as a small fellowship quest.

    I cheated my way through the similar fight at Stoke, I found that if you ran out the east side of town the mobs would stop following me. So before I started the attack I just went in and killed as many as I could, when it got to hairy I would run out of town, the mobs ran away, healed up and started it all over again. So, I was able to kill off everyone in town before I even started the actual quest. When I started the quest we ran straight to the mead hall and not one person died on my team!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by kakarnage View Post
    Agreed! I have ALWAYS disliked these quests as the folks you need to keep alive are always incredibly stupid and get agro on multiple mobs simultaneously. Now after U13 they are even less then no fun (anti-fun , they should at least be labeled as a small fellowship quest.

    I cheated my way through the similar fight at Stoke, I found that if you ran out the east side of town the mobs would stop following me. So before I started the attack I just went in and killed as many as I could, when it got to hairy I would run out of town, the mobs ran away, healed up and started it all over again. So, I was able to kill off everyone in town before I even started the actual quest. When I started the quest we ran straight to the mead hall and not one person died on my team!
    Good to know I am not the only one unable to complete the instance! First time for everything.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000249b9f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by brownujr View Post
    Good to know I am not the only one unable to complete the instance! First time for everything.
    FYI, if you try the Stoke workaround that I did, I would recommend leaving the one elite at the entrance to the mead hall for everyone to fight. When I saw him I thought he might be part of a dialog or something so I left only him alive just to be safe. There was no dialog when we all got there but I have since read in the forum that if you kill all the guys in town before you start the quest up it will bug out when you enter the mead hall, so I was really glad I left the one guy.

    Had a feeling something like that would happen. You know you have played a lot of LOTRO when you kind of know what to do to avoid the bugs before you hit them

  14. #14
    First of all I only see three guards, not five. I watch the three guards fighting will full health and then the instance says they are all dead even though I see them fighting. It is bugged.

    This instances are significantly harder after the deployment of Update 13 on Monday. The combat power reduction changes to our characters apply to your friendly NPCs. Most of NPCs are very fragile now. You need to get the opponents to attack you instead of the NPCs. I wasn't able to complete the Edoras instance on Thursday with Eowyn. She only lasts perhaps 20 seconds due the massive amount of damage she takes per second. I tried pulling the mobs off of Eowyn with my Champion. That worked except the mounted archers killed my war steed. The Troll finished me off on foot.

    I am at a loss as to how to proceed at this point. My Champion can't tank the mobs. Kiting does not work because the archers shoot you to pieces. Eowyn take a serious beating when she fighting a single mob.

    Worst Part. You die in this instance. You placed 1,500 meters for Edoras. It is a long ride back. You have to listen to her for a some minutes before you get to the combat portion. You get one attempt every ten minutes or so.

    Other quests are still face roll easy. I did the small fellowship quests solo in Stonedeans with my Hunter. That was a simple ride around. Ha Ha You are on foot. You are not touching the elf. Shot them to pieces without being hit. No idea how doable solo with a melee class like a Burglar. I suspect you would need a Hunter buddy to do the killing.[/QUOTE]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettd01 View Post
    First of all I only see three guards, not five. I watch the three guards fighting will full health and then the instance says they are all dead even though I see them fighting. It is bugged.
    there's actually 1 wave where both sides get attacked at the same time. you probably didn't realize the other side was being attacked.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

  16. #16
    I've just failed this 8 times with my LM, my 5th character. I never had trouble pre U13 with my other 4.
    I've tried various traits, on horseback and on foot, but I get swamped and the guards all die.

    What's annoying is you can't really skip it, you need it to keep the quest chain going.

  17. #17
    What worked well for me as an on-level runekeeper was to swap to a heavy war-steed and use the trample to get all of the enemies' attention. Then I'd ride circles around the guards while they'd pick off one enemy after another from my trail, and I myself would take care of the archers. Having good heals for myself was very helpful to survive the archers, certainly. It was quite an endurance fight, but in the end it was done with 3 guards dead.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jindra1 View Post
    I've just failed this 8 times with my LM, my 5th character. I never had trouble pre U13 with my other 4.
    I've tried various traits, on horseback and on foot, but I get swamped and the guards all die.

    What's annoying is you can't really skip it, you need it to keep the quest chain going.
    Maybe after update 14 when the quest is grey I will come back to complete the quest chain.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000249b9f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    554
    I failed to do this after several attempts at lvl 92 on my burg, now he's 95 thought I would try again but didn't get much further. I have a 2nd age lvl 95 weapon and a few other bits of 95 teal gear. It's a level 92 solo quest so it should be easy at 95. Tried all the strategies mentioned, tried staying mounted and aggroing things, but if you don't kill one side quick enough the other side gets swamped. I got dismounted several times which basically means its over. Pre U13 no problem on an on-level char with lvl 85 gear. Post U13 impossible.

  20. #20
    Failed this last night several times on my 95 guard, tried it mounted, on foot, different trait set ups (ok, I am a terribad guard, it's the last alt without a lot of play time) but finally beat it when a champ in the area helped me out - not sure he would have been able to do it solo either. Pre-U13 I had no issues, even on my burg.

    I ended up tanking the mobs on foot while he aoe'd them with npc assistance and it went really well. My advice is to find someone to help, and having been through it now, I'm open to helping others complete this.

    If nothing else, it needs to be marked as a non-solo quest and not block quest chain progress.

  21. #21
    Question, to any who may know.

    Can a character who has completed Siege Escalated, before or after the update, and moved on, still be brought into the quest instance by someone who is undertaking it?

    If you are duo, the one who has to do it will enter the instance but the one who has already completed it won't. It can't be shared because, obviously, the other has already done it. I might be missing something, i.e. some other way to get into it, but being able to get a character, who has already completed the quest, into the fight would be vastly more useful than having to depend on someone advancing through Rohan to show up at Brockbridge at the right time.

    They might as well bring back Inspired Greatness from Angmar or something. That could allow a solo player to get through the quest and similar other quests (Forth the Toringas, anybody?). They could even make the quest repeatable with limited rewards for those who prefer to go back and do it without the special advantage.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by fezzick View Post
    Question, to any who may know.

    Can a character who has completed Siege Escalated, before or after the update, and moved on, still be brought into the quest instance by someone who is undertaking it?

    If you are duo, the one who has to do it will enter the instance but the one who has already completed it won't. It can't be shared because, obviously, the other has already done it. I might be missing something, i.e. some other way to get into it, but being able to get a character, who has already completed the quest, into the fight would be vastly more useful than having to depend on someone advancing through Rohan to show up at Brockbridge at the right time.

    They might as well bring back Inspired Greatness from Angmar or something. That could allow a solo player to get through the quest and similar other quests (Forth the Toringas, anybody?). They could even make the quest repeatable with limited rewards for those who prefer to go back and do it without the special advantage.
    As long as the Instance is not "solo only" a duo fellowship should be fine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000249b9f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by fezzick View Post
    Question, to any who may know.

    Can a character who has completed Siege Escalated, before or after the update, and moved on, still be brought into the quest instance by someone who is undertaking it?

    If you are duo, the one who has to do it will enter the instance but the one who has already completed it won't. It can't be shared because, obviously, the other has already done it. I might be missing something, i.e. some other way to get into it, but being able to get a character, who has already completed the quest, into the fight would be vastly more useful than having to depend on someone advancing through Rohan to show up at Brockbridge at the right time.

    They might as well bring back Inspired Greatness from Angmar or something. That could allow a solo player to get through the quest and similar other quests (Forth the Toringas, anybody?). They could even make the quest repeatable with limited rewards for those who prefer to go back and do it without the special advantage.
    Yes
    It was the only way for my level 95 hunter to finish the quest. Have your buddy near you and in your fellowship when starting the instance.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    100
    This is my favorite instance of HD, I am also a LM, on a heavy ws and i keep my distance.

    Enemies 'might', but not often get on the guards b4 i can get to the other side but i just run through them with thunder and knock them away, those that don't die from that, aggro on me straight away and leave the guards, and i burn survivors down.

    As for final boss and his minions/trolls, I just keep my distance, ride in big circles, set the wolf in, run through them when thunder has cd, knock them all over the place and done.
    I don't often stay still on my ws, as i've seen others do.

    It takes a little time but its a challenge, something the game is lacking.
    I get this may be harder for mele classes and I am happy to help anyone else on BW.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by jerx66 View Post
    Yes
    It was the only way for my level 95 hunter to finish the quest. Have your buddy near you and in your fellowship when starting the instance.
    Go blue. Plenty of room to kite around and kill.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload