We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: posting issues

  1. #1

    posting issues

    helo, seems here is the only place i can post on forums may you change this for me please.

  2. #2
    Working as intended. The first post that you make starts the unlock timer. You have to wait for the expanded posting capability for your account to unlock.

    The limited posting and have to wait was implemented in response to new arrivals posting dozens of product ads across all the forums. Some forums the first page would be pure ads.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  3. #3
    Same problem here.
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts
    Ha! They couldn't hit an Oliphaunt at this dist....

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000067578/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Same cant post or reply

  5. #5
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    New accounts can only post in the new player area and in this forum. After a period of time (no we aren't discussing it) and activity you can then post to other areas.

  6. #6
    Yay I found a posting button! Happiness now exists!

  7. #7
    wait...where is the new player area?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN+Germany
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidbladee View Post
    wait...where is the new player area?
    Here. Called "Forum: New Player Questions & Impressions"

    Or here for German players. Called "Forum: Fragen und Eindrücke von neuen Spielern"

    Or here for French players. Called "Forum: Questions et impressions des nouveaux joueurs"


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    New accounts can only post in the new player area and in this forum. After a period of time (no we aren't discussing it) and activity you can then post to other areas.
    What defines a new player?
    I've posted in the guardian forums once or twice before, only couple of posts I made.
    Then this change was made, and now I can't post anywhere else.

    So for how long whould I expect to be considered a new player?
    Or am I supposed to spam this subforum to be able to post in another?

    edit: seems this one post was apparently enough for me to be granted rights again.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Depends on which game I'm in :)
    Posts
    6,708
    Quote Originally Posted by mrHappy View Post
    What defines a new player?
    I've posted in the guardian forums once or twice before, only couple of posts I made.
    Then this change was made, and now I can't post anywhere else.

    So for how long whould I expect to be considered a new player?
    Or am I supposed to spam this subforum to be able to post in another?

    edit: seems this one post was apparently enough for me to be granted rights again.
    You are a new player if your forum title is "Newbie". Yours is "Member". If you haven't made a post for a long time (like before the change was made end of January/early February this year) then you usually only need to make one post to trigger the update that allows you to post normally.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

  11. #11
    Thank you, Penter-Kar. As someone who has been playing LoTRO since 2007, it was mighty disconcerting to suddenly seemingly have zero posting rights.

    Edit: Darn it, I still can't post where I actually came to post. And if I post here about what I wanted to post about, it will be considered a thread hijack. Hopefully I get my posting privileges back soon, please?

    Edit again: And why does my title now say "Member", instead of "Poster of Note"? I guess I haven't been here enough, big changes going on I guess...

    Last edit: Okay, I guess when my title changed from Poster of Note to Member I got my posting privileges back. I vaguely remember something about how we were going to lose forum titles, but I haven't had time to look at the forums so much lately. Thanks for this thread and for giving me back post ability.
    Last edited by Teneriel; May 13 2014 at 02:36 AM.

  12. #12
    I'm glad I came here first.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thohael View Post
    I'm glad I came here first.
    I as well. Good thing I saw this forum and this post.

  14. #14
    Was wondering why I could not post anymore
    Elendilmir R12 Reaver Honestly, r7 Champ. Windfola r8 captain, r8 warg.

  15. #15
    Timer, huh? Let it begin!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    New accounts can only post in the new player area and in this forum. After a period of time (no we aren't discussing it) and activity you can then post to other areas.
    Hi Rick,
    I'm not a new user, I have been on here for some time but I can't seem to post outside of here - suggestions?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN+Germany
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranatuor_Erutron View Post
    Hi Rick,
    I'm not a new user, I have been on here for some time but I can't seem to post outside of here - suggestions?
    Have you been inactive in the forums for some time? That might be the reason...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    62
    Appear to be having the same issue, been a member since 2010 lol. I'm guessing it's due to inactivity...my bad

  19. #19
    Well, very interesting solution with timer. I guess that was necessary to combat the spammers.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Working as intended. The first post that you make starts the unlock timer. You have to wait for the expanded posting capability for your account to unlock.

    The limited posting and have to wait was implemented in response to new arrivals posting dozens of product ads across all the forums. Some forums the first page would be pure ads.
    Good idea and thank you for having this thread here!

    I was wondering what was wrong with me.

  21. #21
    Same here! Was really freaking me out!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5
    Also have this problem. Thanks for answer

  23. #23
    Can't make new threads too, how much is the timer ?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Depends on which game I'm in :)
    Posts
    6,708
    Quote Originally Posted by BestOfEldar View Post
    Can't make new threads too, how much is the timer ?
    Answered above by Sapience (post #5).
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

  25. #25
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    New accounts can only post in the new player area and in this forum. After a period of time (no we aren't discussing it) and activity you can then post to other areas.

    I"m just quoting myself here before closing the thread as this isn't a support issue, it's working as intended.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload