We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Creeps taking over?

Hello everyone, just want to put my two cents in about u13 pvp. I am a 95 hunter only r4 but even being 4 I can see a big change. Since the update I go to GV and what do I see creeps camping there everytime I'm been out there since the update (villya) I love how lvl 20+ can join the fun but here comes the main point.

Balance? To me there is zero balance in this I sucked already but like 4-5 hits and I'm dead by any creep class the creep hunter can always out shoot me and I find I hardly do damage to anything... Me and a good hunter buddy say the same he's r6 we just go pve in pvp

What do you guys think? My opinion it was completely balanced before u13 maybe the guards were to tough that's how I would like it really where's the fighting??

Quote Originally Posted by RyansAcc View Post
    Hello everyone, just want to put my two cents in about u13 pvp. I am a 95 hunter only r4 but even being 4 I can see a big change. Since the update I go to GV and what do I see creeps camping there everytime I'm been out there since the update (villya) I love how lvl 20+ can join the fun but here comes the main point.

Balance? To me there is zero balance in this I sucked already but like 4-5 hits and I'm dead by any creep class the creep hunter can always out shoot me and I find I hardly do damage to anything... Me and a good hunter buddy say the same he's r6 we just go pve in pvp

What do you guys think? My opinion it was completely balanced before u13 maybe the guards were to tough that's how I would like it really where's the fighting??

As i play on vilya too, i can give my honest opinion about the current stat of the moors.

First of all: your rank. Ive seen you and to me it looks like you dont have any audacity at all. Seeing someone without audacity screams for insta kill.

Second: yes there has been a lot of gv camping. why? because u13 is just out, most of the freeps that played before in the moors are getting gear or they went to the moors because there was nothing else to do. Another reason of the gv camp is freeps playing on creeps (i can easily point them out). Since we had 3-4 months of gramscamping i think its funny to hear freeps (mainly campers) complain about gv camp. (Note im not telling you that you are 1 of those campers, because ive seen you for the first time last week)

At the moment its too early to speak about balance. This game was never designed for solo play. A few days ago i was playing on a level 20 upscaled mini (yes i wanted to try it out) and we had a group of 5 (3 level 95 and 1 level 60 upscaled). At some point we had a 5v5 (2 of those creeps were grouped, rest were solo) but we still managed to kill them. If turbine wanted an accurate test of the moors they shouldnt allowed auto ranked 15's or full storebought toons.

The last remark on this is: Even before the update creeps had the upperhand on vilya. Only reason we had gramscamps for so long is because freeps had dubble numbers, autoflips and not to mention our famous r12 pve mini and his gang. But once we grouped, the numbers dropped and creeps just wrecked the remaining freeps (who were in a raid too) because they lacked a real raidleader or they had no clue how to play in a group
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

Pre-U13 was a daily grams camp. But of course you all were fine with that. Not one of you was complaining about this at time. U13 now requires some adaption freepside but instead all the whiners now hug each other at GV.

BTW, pre-U13 being completely balanced? Please get in touch with reality.
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. ... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

can't tell if trolling or carebear.

Creeps aren't taking over.

They just have a single healer on par with freep healing now.

Oh great another one of these threads.

Get audacity.
    Get better gear/virtues etc.
    Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

We got one class that is slightly OP at the moment, everyone else just got bumped to the same level as freeps. Deal with it, adapt, play, have fun, stop crying.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Completely balanced? How does frequent grams camp make PvP completely balanced?
    [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/coreymaikrzek/media/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png.html][IMG]http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a417/coreymaikrzek/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin91 View Post
    Completely balanced? How does frequent grams camp make PvP completely balanced?
    By having 3/4 of the freeps off in the PvE world getting legendaries and finishing their quests.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Quote Originally Posted by nubcat View Post

Get audacity.

We got one class that is slightly OP at the moment, everyone else just got bumped to the same level as freeps. Deal with it, adapt, play, have fun, stop crying.
    hahaha you should just post this on every freep started negative post about U13. love it
    Krahjarngladiator r10 reaver Spidermaan r10 weaver Shadowsfear r8 warg Vaineatter r8 Warleader Voodoomagoo r7 defiler Vilearrow r6 ba
    Arrowdain r7 hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    Pre-U13 was a daily grams camp. But of course you all were fine with that. Not one of you was complaining about this at time. U13 now requires some adaption freepside but instead all the whiners now hug each other at GV.

BTW, pre-U13 being completely balanced? Please get in touch with reality.
    Funny, on FF I creeped almost exclusively for the last 6 weeks prior to U13 and almost never endured a grams camp. Stop being bad or group up. js

To be honest, there's two. In fact a well played spider is probably more dangerous than an "OP" defiler. Lotro PvP isn't designed around 1v1s, and as long as people play according the balance in the moors might not be so bad.
    Last edited by doug01; Apr 17 2014 at 02:58 PM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

There might be 2 somewhat op creeps but what about guardians and their bleeds? Same with wardens. What about minis and rks? Same thing with a well played burg or champ. Freepside has a pretty good advantage over creep side. They just need to learn how to play instead if crying Cuz they have to click more than a few buttons to kill something. It seems like every time that creeps get a little love the freeps start acting like babies that just got their rattle taken away.
    [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/coreymaikrzek/media/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png.html][IMG]http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a417/coreymaikrzek/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Get audacity.

But what I'm saying is creep are MORE powerful than freeps I have aud 10 which isn't the best but I have the best gear pre u13 and two 17 virtuers so I'm not like horrible out here nobody can kill one but all of them are like r12 and stuff I'm not "crying" I'm just telling and addressing

Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    As i play on vilya too, i can give my honest opinion about the current stat of the moors.

First of all: your rank. Ive seen you and to me it looks like you dont have any audacity at all. Seeing someone without audacity screams for insta kill.

Second: yes there has been a lot of gv camping. why? because u13 is just out, most of the freeps that played before in the moors are getting gear or they went to the moors because there was nothing else to do. Another reason of the gv camp is freeps playing on creeps (i can easily point them out). Since we had 3-4 months of gramscamping i think its funny to hear freeps (mainly campers) complain about gv camp. (Note im not telling you that you are 1 of those campers, because ive seen you for the first time last week)

At the moment its too early to speak about balance. This game was never designed for solo play. A few days ago i was playing on a level 20 upscaled mini (yes i wanted to try it out) and we had a group of 5 (3 level 95 and 1 level 60 upscaled). At some point we had a 5v5 (2 of those creeps were grouped, rest were solo) but we still managed to kill them. If turbine wanted an accurate test of the moors they shouldnt allowed auto ranked 15's or full storebought toons.

The last remark on this is: Even before the update creeps had the upperhand on vilya. Only reason we had gramscamps for so long is because freeps had dubble numbers, autoflips and not to mention our famous r12 pve mini and his gang. But once we grouped, the numbers dropped and creeps just wrecked the remaining freeps (who were in a raid too) because they lacked a real raidleader or they had no clue how to play in a group
    Very good reply thank you.. What is a "good" aud for freep side? All the pieces?

Not really, only 1-2 creep classes might be considered a bit more powerful than freeps at the moment. I don't mean to come across as harsh, but this is what creeps have dealt with for the majority of the seven years that this game has been around with the exception of a few months here and there.

I think half the trouble is that after an update a lot of freeps are busy upgrading their gear. Another thing I have experienced is that moors veterans don't like to give free inf to creeps so stubbornly stay in GV. Leadership is important and its the key to fighting back. Not always possible, I know (trust me, i've been grams camped enough times) but moors is designed for group play.

Another thing is your rank and class. Before r6 you will be one of the first targets, and as a hunter that you will always be first target. Always. A yummy red ranked hunter is delicious.

Anyway, try to stick with it. Creeps know how you feel which is why you get the sarcastic remarks in these threads, which again isn't meant to be harsh, its that we are usually the underdogs ourselves.

Oh, and you always need to wear full audacity gear. Creeps will notice straight away if someone isn't and once again this will make you an easy target.
    Awesome dude thanks that really made me feel better lol

Not really, only 1-2 creep classes might be considered a bit more powerful than freeps at the moment. I don't mean to come across as harsh, but this is what creeps have dealt with for the majority of the seven years that this game has been around with the exception of a few months here and there.

I think half the trouble is that after an update a lot of freeps are busy upgrading their gear. Another thing I have experienced is that moors veterans don't like to give free inf to creeps so stubbornly stay in GV. Leadership is important and its the key to fighting back. Not always possible, I know (trust me, i've been grams camped enough times) but moors is designed for group play.

Another thing is your rank and class. Before r6 you will be one of the first targets, and as a hunter that you will always be first target. Always. A yummy red ranked hunter is delicious.

Anyway, try to stick with it. Creeps know how you feel which is why you get the sarcastic remarks in these threads, which again isn't meant to be harsh, its that we are usually the underdogs ourselves.

Oh, and you always need to wear full audacity gear. Creeps will notice straight away if someone isn't and once again this will make you an easy target.
    This is simply not true *freeps have always been OP so it's ok* - in RoR and at the start of HD a well played warg, reaver or BA was killing the VAST majority of freeps solo. Freep HEALING has always been OP this is true.

What has happened now is:
    • Mediocre and badly played freeps are getting completely slaughtered in groups, solo,while questing.
    • Scaled freeps are the same as above.
    • Badly played creeps are getting beaten for the most part 1v1.
    • Mediocre creeps are winning alot of fights, especially with heals.
    • Well played creeps are faceroll.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    I'm logged into Vilya right now and the map is more blue than red. And this is only the 3rd day of a new update. It's been fluctuating between 1 and 2 reds in an otherwise blue map right now which is during prime-time (5pm pac time, 8pm est time).

As for pre-update, the part about more freeps than creeps is kinda true especially during prime time. The part about creeps having upperhand is not. Sorry, the only time creeps have upper hand is when creeps outnumber freeps by a large margin. Which doesn't happen all that often except early mornings usually.
    Last edited by NoNameGamer; Apr 17 2014 at 08:03 PM.

GV camping, it's a quick kill zone and rez point for you. Its no secret that both locations have a safe road out. Why not bypass the horde of creeps and take the road toward OR? Why not group up with 6-8 freeps and flank the creeps from behind? Im assuming that if I see a group of 20 freeps outside GV being camped that they are choosing to take part in the camp. A lot of players that don't make it into a raid rely on the camping to get infamy (if they have completed the dailies). The biggest negative with the camping of GV or Grams is that a lot of freeps or creeps aren't roaming the moors. The same problem exists when you have 15 freeps and 15 creeps sitting at the 1v1 circle. It is sucking the numbers of bodies out of the roaming raids and small groups. That being said it is the nature of the moors. Unless you get a leader to stir things up it won't change.

Regarding your frustration.... Forget about it. Don't let it get to you otherwise you will become bitter and lose interest in the moors. Fight Club assignment, I want you to go out tonight and pick a fight with a stranger, and I want you to lose the fight. Dying in the moors has got to be ok with you. If you get pissed off every time you die you are going to have a bad time. Starting in the last week and then experiencing post u13 is a really bad example of what the moors is. What you are saying is the same as any new creep out there. I'm sure you know enough to be aware of the pvmp workings but a lot of inconspicuous nuances about the moors is yet to be brought to your attention (trying not to sound condescending just being real). Give it at least 3 months before you make judgment about the moors.
    -Full audacity is a must, without it you are crippled.
    -Sorry but a hunter is the favorite target. If you were a mini, guard, cappie it might be a different story.
    -You need maxed virtues and the correct virtues!
    -Your armor, LI, and jewelry needs to be among the best for the moors (dont expect the best pve gear to be suitable for the moors). Inspect the best hunter on your pvmp server, ask them for an inspection because it is likely blocked. Right down what they have and learn from it. Also pay close attention to the points spent on the LI's they have.
    -Tactics as a hunter are everything. Watch and learn. Practice. Expect to die 3x for every kill you get until you learn enough.
    -Search the freep forum threads for hunter tactics and gear. It is likely to be out of date so you might want to start another post asking for advice.

I won't even get into the issue of whether or not the defiler is OP. Devs will do what they will from this point. My opinion on reading the threads is that anyone that comes off with a stubborn and absolute attitude about anything is probably not the best person to absorb info from.
    Last edited by Voter; Apr 17 2014 at 08:47 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001a1387/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameGamer View Post
    I'm logged into Vilya right now and the map is more blue than red. And this is only the 3rd day of a new update. It's been fluctuating between 1 and 2 reds in an otherwise blue map right now which is during prime-time (5pm pac time, 8pm est time).

As for pre-update, the part about more freeps than creeps is kinda true especially during prime time. The part about creeps having upperhand is not. Sorry, the only time creeps have upper hand is when creeps outnumber freeps by a large margin. Which doesn't happen all that often except early mornings usually.
    As a european player i mainly play between 6-8pm. Occasionally i log on during the morning ( 5am est). The reason the map is blue was because we had 6 creeps swap to their freeps ( i had 7 audacity on burg and even a level 60 upscaled champ ) and managed to get a group of 9 with some taggers. We had some great fights against a balanced creep group with a few taggers. Not to mention freep favoured autoflips.

Since we both play during different times it was wrong to generalise the 'creeps already had the upperhand'. This mainly came because i saw him during a gv camp during the time i play. I can say that creeps have the upperhand during the times that i play. Mainly because we have a 2 great creep raiid leaders and a solid creep core base (same 6 -10 people and most of them acces to different r8+ toons). Often both leaders (daggynoob and stargash) are in the same raid which makes it easier when someone has to go. Since the freeps dont have any serious raidleader we often fight a raid that just sit at lugz backdoor or look predictable.

But like i said, give it a few weeks. When freeps are geared again we can evaluate.

Edit: about the audacity gear: if you can only afford 1 piece, i suggest getting the jacket first. It might be the expensive one but it gives the impression that you got full audacity
    Last edited by ulza; Apr 17 2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

My experience in the moors was that the fact that frees are getting killed is that they are not performing well in combat.

I had a great time in the Moors last night. Our fraid was trying to break the camp on GV and we succeeded with an even number of frees as creeps. We lost on our first try, but except for running strait back out into the fight every time we died, we stayed back and made a plan like we used to. We won and it was a ton of fun. After we won the camp, we pressed on and blued a lot of the mbp before we finally broke up.

This afternoon was a different story. The raid was very disorganized, not once did the leader or anyone else for that matter try to form a strategy, every time someone wiped they ran strait back out there, and not many people really played their class to the best of their abilities. Our burg would go out into the fray and deal some serious damage to one target, but did not get any support when he tried to retreat and died. Our hunters remained as permanent warg food. Even when my LM got an AoE stun or attack on them, the three wars were still able to kill our hunters and get out with hardly a scratch because nobody reacted! It is not needed to say that we hardly dented them.

I am sure that the moors are not completely balanced, but they are not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Freeps really need to just relearn some strategies and use them to get them on par with the Freeps. Is that really to bad?
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)