We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Several days and no quest for me, no cooldown timer running. I /bugged it, but at this point I only have crafting instances to run every day for rep and leaves. Very very irritating.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Several days and no quest for me, no cooldown timer running. I /bugged it, but at this point I only have crafting instances to run every day for rep and leaves. Very very irritating.
    This isn't getting fixed until at least 13.1 sadly (unless Turbine finds the error and forces a patch on us sooner)... So that means we have a solid month + of this bugged state on our characters. Like you and everyone I'm getting tired of the main source of both reputation and leaves being the crafting instances but sadly this is the way this end game grind was set up... It makes me miss Hytbold and Wildermore.

Can we please have an official response?
    Have PM'd Sapience, done bug report!

What is happening?
    [SIZE="3"]-¤-¤-¤- Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum est -¤-¤-¤-[/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000007ec6d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I requested the (automated) response to my bug report, and replied with screenshots of the different appearance of my toon with and my toon without the bug. Hopefully that will help lead them to something where they can put out a hotfix, or at least instruct the GMs on how to advance this on a case by case basis.

I have not been able to play 1 Quieting quest. All 6 are there but unable to accept any of the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Today I had no Quieting the forest quest from Quickbeam in the Entwood available today. I know you are supposed to get 1 quest a day but 0 were available for me today.

I turned the quest in at 3:00 AM Eastern April 15th. I know this because the time had just hit so I missed being able to do a version of this quest yesterday since my questiong for the 14th didn't get turned in until server reset. So I came to Quickbeam today to do my Quieting quest and my Seed quest for the day but I see all 6 Quieting the forest quests listed as Pending Quests showing (retry) and no timer or ability to click on them.

So what I expected was that from 3am April 15th until 2:59 April 16th I should have had no quest available but at 3am April 16th a quest should have been available to me. It is 10:30 PM April 16th and there is none available to me.

I put in a ticket and was told by a GM that "This is WAI, nothing is broken. You may be able to find a quest with Hourn out as you traverse the area."

But here is the issue the Huorn is not connected to the Quieting quest line. And you can actually lose the Huorn since it is tied to an entirely different quest.

What is going on?

One idea:
    What could be going on is that the RNG that selects which quest you get has an extra option in it. That is it has more numbers than there are quests. This could be because a quest was meant to exist but for some reason doesn't. So it would be possible to be assigned this 7th quest when only 6 exist and thus the other 6 are unavailble to be done thus making it so you have no quest for that day.

[snipped for brevity]

Also be sure to submit a Bug Report.

Update 5:
    Clearning up a misunderstanding MANY players and member of Turbine have. The Quieting quests are a 'true daily' quest. They reset at server reset 3am Eastern(at least on Landroval). They do not use the 18hr debuff that the Seed quests use.

My main, Alasse, has exactly the same problem. She received and completed one quieting quest and then no more were available on the following days. My captain, Mirminuial, has had no such difficulty and has been able to do a daily quieting quest. I see that I am far from alone in this situation and hope for a resolution soon.

I am troubled by the fact that when I submitted a ticket, it was closed entirely without comment, either directly to me or in a written comment on the ticket. This has happened to me before; I find it very frustrating. I encourage GMs to interact even minimally even on issues with which they cannot help.
    Alasse: lore-master 100 on Landroval, plus alts of every other class

The "Quieting" quests are still on cool down for me as well.
    I completed them once and they never came up again.

I submitted a bug last week.
    I was hoping the restart would fix this but no joy.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Yep the Quieting quests are still not working for me either, for over a week now. I think we're going to have to wait for 13.1.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Thanks to everyone who sent me info. You can stop, now. We have enough to work with.Yes, any change to this situation will not happen until Update 13.1. That will give the team time to investigate and implement whatever fix is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Thanks to everyone who sent me info. You can stop, now. We have enough to work with.Yes, any change to this situation will not happen until Update 13.1. That will give the team time to investigate and implement whatever fix is required.
    Do we have an ETA on this? I'm very frustrated that day after day I go to Quickbeam and can only do crafting instances. The rep is very grindy as it is, and things cost so many leaves that the loss is somewhat significant.

Thank you for the answer though.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Do we have an ETA on this? I'm very frustrated that day after day I go to Quickbeam and can only do crafting instances. The rep is very grindy as it is, and things cost so many leaves that the loss is somewhat significant.

Thank you for the answer though.
    I won't expect 13.1 until at least two weeks after its on Bullroarer. And I'd think its at least a month away.

And Sapience thanks for the information.

I took two characters through Entwood last week. One of them has had no problems with the repeatable quests there, and the countdown timers display properly for her in Quickbeam's window. The other has been unable to pick up any of the Quieting quests, which have no countdown timers (see images in Gandie2's post). I'm not sure, but I think the second character may have completed one of the Quieting quests BEFORE finishing "A Forest Without Frontiers" (with which there was another issue - whistle was removed from inventory and I had to borrow someone else's Huorn). Will have to test this on character #3.

Thanks for the update, good luck!
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Saniko View Post
    I took two characters through Entwood last week. One of them has had no problems with the repeatable quests there, and the countdown timers display properly for her in Quickbeam's window. The other has been unable to pick up any of the Quieting quests, which have no countdown timers (see images in Gandie2's post). I'm not sure, but I think the second character may have completed one of the Quieting quests BEFORE finishing "A Forest Without Frontiers" (with which there was another issue - whistle was removed from inventory and I had to borrow someone else's Huorn). Will have to test this on character #3.

Thanks for the update, good luck!
    I know completing A Forest Without Frontiers has no basis on this bug since my character that is affected has never finished the slug quest A Natural Remedy so A Forest Without Frontiers is still active on him.

Thats good its a bug, and hope it gets sorted in 13.1, but for those of us who have missed out on rep and leaves are we going to get any compensation?
    "When I want your opinion, I'll read your entrails"
    - Worf has Spoken!

Worfie - Warden

I'm not a native speaker, so I may be misunderstanding this - but does "any change" and "whatever fix" imply that there might, according to Turbine, not be any problem to fix at all despite all reports of players who have never gotten any of the repeatable quests to appear? If so, I might give up on the area. I have two characters in there, none of whom have gotten anything except the crafting instances to repeat. And from the chatter in the channels, I'm absolutely certain that I'm not the only person to experience this. Even with reputation accelerators I'm looking at weeks if not months of grind to gain the reputation, with very few fangorn leaves to buy anything.

Have not had a problem doing this area's quests until today, after update, I finished the slugs and the tree dissappeared along with the whistle to call him back. The seed is blinking for me but when i click it i get 'Using has no effect' message.
    I have no timer buff either. Tried clicking other peoples tress but nothing.
    :/

I did finish the deed for the quests... is the tree supposed to disappear once you complete this?

Quote Originally Posted by woodwren View Post
    Have not had a problem doing this area's quests until today, after update, I finished the slugs and the tree dissappeared along with the whistle to call him back. The seed is blinking for me but when i click it i get 'Using has no effect' message.
    I have no timer buff either. Tried clicking other peoples tress but nothing.
    :/

I did finish the deed for the quests... is the tree supposed to disappear once you complete this?
    What you are talking about is an entirely different issue this issue is for the Quieting daily quest. There is also bug with the Forest quest that can cause the Huorn and Whistle to vanish before you turn in your final quest. You have to hijack someone elses Huorn to turn it in. As for the Seed quest no idea what is going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    Finally finished A Forest Without Frontiers, and the same day, finished growing the seed, but all I got was a lawn decoration. If you do these dailies for a week just to get a random chance at some leaves or a decoration, this really seems not worth it to me. Very disappointing. I suppose if the "pet" were a hunting dog, maybe I'd try a few more rounds, but for a "baby huorn", and with such apparently low odds after so much time, bleh.
    Again this is not a thread for Forest W/O Frontiers or the Seed quests. This is for the Quieting quest bugging out on pepole. If you have an issue with either of the other quest sets start another thread please.

After seeing a comment of Sapience's over in the TTHTI thread I took another look at my character experiencing this bug. In the Quickbeam quest bestowal box I see a total of 6 Quieting quests on my bugged character. On my other characters I see 7. This is visible over on page 1 of this thread as someone shared images of this exact issue. I then checked my quest logs and can't find a Quieting quest anywhere in my quest logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    I have the same problem. I also happen to have 2 accounts so I'm able to say it is not me, in so much as both toons did the same thing the first day. Then the next day toon 2 could get one of the daily Quieting quests. While toon 1 could not. Like you, my toon 1 shows all the quieting quests as pending but without a time until retry displayed.

On toon 2 before taking the daily Quieting quest he shows Zero quests pending. After taking it he then shows the same 6 pending as me, except they all have a 'retry' timer present. After completing it on toon 2 and turning it in he again shows 6 quieting quests pending but again, all six show a retry timer.

This is what toon 2 - the one that has been getting the quests each day see's.

This is what toon one see's.

So it seems that somehow this 7th quest which for me is just like the images above a West of Derndengle quest isn't bestowing.
    Last edited by PKCrichton; Apr 25 2014 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Again this is not a thread for Forest W/O Frontiers or the Seed quests. This is for the Quieting quest bugging out on pepole. If you have an issue with either of the other quest sets start another thread please.
    Quite right, my apologies. I deleted my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Worfie View Post
    Thats good its a bug, and hope it gets sorted in 13.1, but for those of us who have missed out on rep and leaves are we going to get any compensation?
    My main character is in the same situation, only quests available are the daily crafting quest to earn rep and leaves. Given the large number of leaves required to barter for any item it would be nice if this was fixed sooner rather than later.
    Main Godhroran (Hunter) lvl 100 ~ Leader of Thorns of Telperion~

Moving from Windfola to Crickhollow

I checked my quest UI at Quickbeam last night and found that I have only 6 quests showing, not 7 like in the working version. No timer or counter on any of them. I understand this won't be fixed until at least 13.1 but that's a long time time to wait when there's a level cap increase in 3 months or so and we'll be moving elsewhere.
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

I checked my quest UI at Quickbeam last night and found that I have only 6 quests showing, not 7 like in the working version. No timer or counter on any of them. I understand this won't be fixed until at least 13.1 but that's a long time time to wait when there's a level cap increase in 3 months or so and we'll be moving elsewhere.
    Same here. Oh, well at least there are the crafting instances for rep. I imagine we can be repped out before 13.1 hits. Would love to know why a task board wasn't included.

Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    Same here. Oh, well at least there are the crafting instances for rep. I imagine we can be repped out before 13.1 hits. Would love to know why a task board wasn't included.
    from my POV it's not so much the loss of rep, but the leaves. I know it's only one leaf a day from Quieting, but the sooner it gets fixed the better considering how expensive things are to barter

EDIT - anyone tried a GM to see if they can make them available now it's a known issue? can't recall how it works for things like that. Or are we just waiting for the fix? thanks"
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Am getting this issue on one char but another is just fine. Don't know what triggers it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast