We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    So I just got my second character to the Entwood, and I think the Quieting quests got screwed up for me AGAIN.

This time I was trying to pay attention to what I did and what happened.. here is my best attempt at a summary of the chain of events:

Day 1: Arrived at Derndingle.

Went through the initial 3 quests with Quickbeam ("Fangorn Upturned" "A Tree-ish Slumber" "One Final Kindness").

Came back and was given "A Forest Without Frontiers" along with the whistle and (annoying) Huorn.

At this time, the 3 "Seed" quests were ALSO available from Quickbeam (the crafting instances, too, but I am ignoring those for now).

AND, just one of the Quieting quests was available. Specifically, "Quieting West of the Easeful Mead." I accepted that and I also accepted "Orofarne's Seed"

So, I have these 3 quests as I head back out into the Wood: A Forest Without Frontiers, Quieting West of the Easeful Mead, and Orofarne's Seed

Go back out into the wood. Head to the river to kill bog lurkers for the Seed quest. As I kill those, the Huorn bothers me to give two additional "Forest" quests: the 'awaken the pet bog lurkers one" and the "slugs" one (it was active, I guess). I complete all of those and then head further north to look for the trolls, but they weren't active, so I head east toward the Easeful mead and start clearing out the bad Roots for the "Quieting" quest. I clear out all the Roots and the quest tracker says to "Return to Quickbeam." As I'm doing that, the Huorn bothers me again and gives me the quest to look for Norbogs under 'disturbed earth' So, I go further north to finish that one off and the Huorn then gives me the one to look under the Rotting Stumps. I work my way back doing that one, complete it and then come back to the Easeful Mead to plant Orofarne's Seed. I do that, and the quest tracker now says to wait until Quickbeam has remembered the next step for Orofarne's Seed.

So I head back to Quickbeam (ignoring the Huorn). However (and this is when things start to look screwy), he won't let me turn in the "Quieting" quest. I wish I had a screenshot of what it looked like at the time, but the Quest was not available for turn-in. So, I log out.

Day 2:

Next morning….. I am still at Quickbeam, but now I can turn in the Quieting quest. I do that and get my 1 Fangorn Leaf - woo! But (and again, I wish I had a screenshot, but I'm on a Mac and the screenshots don't seem to work for the Mac) the Quest window *now* shows 7 "Quieting" quests, all with the hourglass ring, including two (2!) versions of the "Quieting West of the Easeful Mead" quest with a 19 hr cool down.

I'm guessing that when I go back again tomorrow for Day 3, none of the Quieting will be available. Will update when that happens. In general, though I really don't see how I did anything unusual or in a weird order that would have cause this to occur. I'm stumped (ha! a little Fangorn humor there)

Quote Originally Posted by Saniko View Post
    I took two characters through Entwood last week. One of them has had no problems with the repeatable quests there, and the countdown timers display properly for her in Quickbeam's window. The other has been unable to pick up any of the Quieting quests, which have no countdown timers (see images in Gandie2's post). I'm not sure, but I think the second character may have completed one of the Quieting quests BEFORE finishing "A Forest Without Frontiers" (with which there was another issue - whistle was removed from inventory and I had to borrow someone else's Huorn). Will have to test this on character #3.
    Update: Character #3 purposefully picked up and completed "Quieting North-east of Wellinghall" with "A Forest Without Frontiers" active. A screenshot taken at this point shows 7 pending "Quieting" quests, five of which have no countdown timers...the other two do have timers (2h 58m at the time of capture), but they both appear to be "Quieting North-east of Wellinghall" (actually it gets cut off, my screenshot shows "Quieting North-east of..." but there is only one north-east quest). Why is it duplicated?

After that, #3 then completed most of the "Stewards of Fangorn" deed quests, except for one because the slugs weren't spawning that day. The next day, before checking for the last quest, I took another screenshot, which shows 6 pending "Quieting" quests (no duplicates), all of them missing timers. As of this post he still hasn't completed "A Forest Without Frontiers" because his whistle was also removed prematurely.

There are only 6 "Quieting" quests, not 7: (source, confirmed by character #1).
    * Quieting North of Derndingle
    * Quieting West of Derndingle
    * Quieting South-east of Wellinghall
    * Quieting North-east of Wellinghall
    * Quieting South of the Easeful Mead
    * Quieting West of the Easeful Mead

DanteIL's post above sounds similar to what I did with characters #2 and #3, though I don't remember if Quickbeam refused to let me turn in any quests. If anyone completed "A Forest Without Frontiers" before ever accepting and completing a "Quieting" quest, and is now experiencing this issue, then I shall throw my first theory out the window. Will see if this happens with character #4.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    I know completing A Forest Without Frontiers has no basis on this bug since my character that is affected has never finished the slug quest A Natural Remedy so A Forest Without Frontiers is still active on him.
    It might, it might not; there could be more than one bug here. If I understood correctly, you said your bugged character turned in a "Quieting" quest, but it didn't show up in the quest log history? I'll have to check the logs for my second and third characters, which both had "A Forest Without Frontiers" active when they turned in a "Quieting" quest. Though #2 has since completed "A Forest Without Frontiers", #3 is currently in your character's boat, and neither can pick up any of the "Quieting" quests. This lack of quieting is disquieting. :P

Edit: Checked completed quests on bugged #2 and #3, and found two Fangorn "folders". One of them contains all the non-Quieting quests, the other has a single Quieting quest.

P.S. Took a second look, and interestingly, Gandie2's screenshot shows a duplicate "Quieting West of Derndingle" for the non-bugged character. What's up with these duplicates?

Edit: "Quieting North of Derndingle" was available again today for character #1, and this time I was directed to scatter leaf-piles, but the first time involved killing midges. At least two other "Quieting" quests have different tasks according to the wiki, so that must be why there are duplicates - two different quests of the same name in the same area for more variety.
    Last edited by Saniko; May 02 2014 at 12:04 AM.
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

Unable to start 1 QUIETING Quest.

all my quieting quests say retry, but I HAVE UNABLE TO START EVEN 1 OF THEM SINCE it started. Why are all the quieting quests not allowing me to start any of them? If a bug, when will it be fixed? been a few weeks now and I still cant get an answer.

Someone help please. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Got same problem Quieting quests not happening on my Hunter, but Champ/Mini/RK fine - submitted ticket and told can't fix - not really good enough - hope my Kindred/Leaves get reinstated from not being able to do them because it so called WAI :P

The 13.1 Bullroarer Notes indicate that there is a fix in for the Twisted Branches/Natural Remedy issues, but so far there is nothing to indicate that the Quieting quest problems have been addressed. I hope that this still is in the works.

At the least, there should be a Task Board added for REP turn in where those of us affected by this quest bug can at least make up for the days/weeks of not being able to do these quests.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    The 13.1 Bullroarer Notes indicate that there is a fix in for the Twisted Branches/Natural Remedy issues, but so far there is nothing to indicate that the Quieting quest problems have been addressed. I hope that this still is in the works.

Cynical as I am, I suspect that that means, as hinted in Sapience's comment, that they've decided that there is nothing to fix, despite the numerous reports of people who indicate that there is a problem. Wish I could said I was surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Padhril View Post
    Cynical as I am, I suspect that that means, as hinted in Sapience's comment, that they've decided that there is nothing to fix, despite the numerous reports of people who indicate that there is a problem. Wish I could said I was surprised.
    I'm all for being cynical, but in the recent Hobbits->Isengard stream there was this:

[*]In the 13.1 Notes on BR there is no mention of the Quieting quest bug
    Its absence from the BR notes doesn’t mean it will be absent from the final U13.1 release. One of the engineers mentions later on in the stream that it appears to have been fixed and will be in U13.1 release.
    I wasn't there so I don't know what the engineer said, but I remain hopeful for 13.1

Quote Originally Posted by Padhril View Post
    you completely misinterpreted the message.

Sapience's message wasn't "it's working as intended". The message was, "you've told us all we need to know to find out what the problem is; we're now working to fix it".
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000989c8/01008/signature.png]Julesven[/charsig]

13.1 fixed the issue for me. I now have a Quieting quest to pick up and can do the seed quest. The fix was much quicker than I thought it would be - thank you to Turbine.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    13.1 fixed the issue for me. I now have a Quieting quest to pick up and can do the seed quest. The fix was much quicker than I thought it would be - thank you to Turbine.
    Yep same for me, logged in character that was having issues with the quieting quests and it works just fine now - well done to the devs for a fast response

13.1 made my Quickbeam quests worse. True I could pick up the Main 'Quieting' quest, but the daily quests are on a 15 H cooldown for yesterday and this morning. Not only that, but the 'Seed' quest which is at the point of talk to Quickbeam and get the present box is on a 19H 45M cooldown. I bugged this in game. But, where before 13.1 I could at least do the Seed; now I can do neither.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

Thumbs down

Had to skip the Entwood dailies for a couple of days, and now I'm back to the Quieting quests being on an eternal cooldown. This issue, coupled with the unlikely possibility of ever getting a Huorn pet from the dreadful seed quests, will successfully drive me away from the whole area for good. Meh. VERY disappointed.
    Willowing, Officer of Second Breakfast
    2 Twinfall Path, Tund Faroth, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Do drop in! The door is always open!

Breakfast: the best meals of the day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3