We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 112
  1. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    as nice as your strat sounds and it worked out for you that group of creeps im sorry must suck because on my server put together that group with our good creeps and they would have crushed that group of freeps, sorry im impressed with you strat but not impressed with the outcome like i said sounds like very bad creeps.
    I have no doubt that these were bad creeps. Good creeps would never let two people in a group slip off without a fight, or follow a group blindly into a trap.

    However, if creeps were as OP as people are saying, something like this would never have happened. They would have steamrolled through the distraction group while we wer taking River. They would have taken down the freeps while they fell back. They would have crushed us inside of river. But none of these things happened.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    I have no doubt that these were bad creeps. Good creeps would never let two people in a group slip off without a fight, or follow a group blindly into a trap.

    However, if creeps were as OP as people are saying, something like this would never have happened. They would have steamrolled through the distraction group while we wer taking River. They would have taken down the freeps while they fell back. They would have crushed us inside of river. But none of these things happened.
    Has nothing to do with being OP it has to do with what creeps you described, none of those creeps should have died.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  3. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Has nothing to do with being OP it has to do with what creeps you described, none of those creeps should have died.
    I know none of the creeps should have died. They vastly outpowered us. However, they lost because strategy was used to beat them. If they were as OP as they are described, no amount of strategy could have been used to win in that situation.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
    Posts
    1,485
    I went out solo one day and charged headlong into an experienced, high ranked, and coordinated group of creeps with defiler and warleader heals. I was shocked that I wasn't able to kill atleast 2 or 3 of them then sprint off like I was before the update. I clicked all of my skills and keyboard turned the same way as before too. This isn't balanced. I'm a hero and fight for the good guys.

    Creeps need to either be nerfed back into the ground or we need catapults asap to combat them. I demand my purple floaty numbers to flow with ease. That's all that matters and I won't be happy until I can once again kill with minimal effort.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    I know none of the creeps should have died. They vastly outpowered us. However, they lost because strategy was used to beat them. If they were as OP as they are described, no amount of strategy could have been used to win in that situation.
    Once again has nothing to do with strategy, no matter your strategy with those creeps as described strat shouldnt have mattered.

    Defiler blite puddles
    WL banner
    fear
    silence and fear from wargs
    interupts
    Reavers disarm

    etc..... I could go on and on, no matter your strat the class match up favored them before or after u13 they dont sound like any of them know their class.


    I really dont think people are saying creeps as whole are OP(maybe they are) but defilers are just like minnys on steriods with alot more health , theyre the flavor of the month kinda like Captains were pre u13
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    ...
    That's the problem with this game, lot of people put laughing situations to reference to justify balance.
    Balance in a pvp-game is reached when two equally skilled players/group rely on momentum to win a fight.
    These creeps were terribad, period.
    A good croup would had eat these freeps in matter of seconds, especially post-U13.

    And for Birdflies and you're LM, dont put BW as a skill reference, have a r4 stored rvr here and already beaten a lot of your ranked duelists. Had to admit that reaver is OP tho.

  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    And for Birdflies and you're LM, dont put BW as a skill reference, have a r4 stored rvr here and already beaten a lot of your ranked duelists. Had to admit that reaver is OP tho.
    Duelists? I'm assuming you mean 1v1 circle-jerks? Yeah, that won't tell you much about game balance considering people use half their skills most of the time.

    And I like how you say you beat "our ranked duelists", like that is a thing. It's BW, there dozens of r11+ freeps logging on every night. Most of them do 1v1s I believe. Some are terrible, some are not. Logging in once and fighting a couple doesn't say much. Also, there's a difference between ranked creeps and ranked freeps. Apart from that, I got a r11 reaver on the server, and I know most of the ranked players, so I have an idea on their skill.

    Also, you mentioned your reaver is stored, but how much Aud does it have? If hes close to max, then he's pretty similar to high ranked ones, even if hes only r4. My LM has 3 aud. I doubt any creep with 3 aud can take out a ranked freep.

    Edit: Oh and I wasn't saying BW has more skilled players. I'm saying it's skill level is exactly like any other server, only that with more people in it. There are bad players and good players in every server, in BW theres just more of both.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004f382b/signature.png]Bloodbad[/charsig]

  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdflies View Post
    Duelists? I'm assuming you mean 1v1 circle-jerks? Yeah, that won't tell you much about game balance considering people use half their skills most of the time.

    And I like how you say you beat "our ranked duelists", like that is a thing. It's BW, there dozens of r11+ freeps logging on every night. Most of them do 1v1s I believe. Some are terrible, some are not. Logging in once and fighting a couple doesn't say much. Also, there's a difference between ranked creeps and ranked freeps. Apart from that, I got a r11 reaver on the server, and I know most of the ranked players, so I have an idea on their skill.

    Also, you mentioned your reaver is stored, but how much Aud does it have? If hes close to max, then he's pretty similar to high ranked ones, even if hes only r4. My LM has 3 aud. I doubt any creep with 3 aud can take out a ranked freep.

    Edit: Oh and I wasn't saying BW has more skilled players. I'm saying it's skill level is exactly like any other server, only that with more people in it. There are bad players and good players in every server, in BW theres just more of both.
    So you think than gimping yourself intentionaly in a duel to let the opponent have a chance to win is silly ? I guess i begin to know what type of player you're man.

    My reaver is r4 11 audacity, 4400~ finesse. Stored BT, 4 bleeds, impale.

  9. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    So you think than gimping yourself intentionaly in a duel to let the opponent have a chance to win is silly ? I guess i begin to know what type of player you're man.

    My reaver is r4 11 audacity, 4400~ finesse. Stored BT, 4 bleeds, impale.
    No. You can play the game however you want, but don't act like 1v1s where people use half their skills is any measure of balance. I don't see how stating this makes me belong to any kind of player group.

    You want to see how balanced the game is? Go play the real LOTRO where everyone uses all their skills/resources, use of friendly npcs, terrain, kiting, map-in-points and call for help. IMO it's way more fun than repeating the same old rotation over and over again. But again, you can play the game however you want.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004f382b/signature.png]Bloodbad[/charsig]

  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Once again has nothing to do with strategy, no matter your strategy with those creeps as described strat shouldnt have mattered.

    Defiler blite puddles
    WL banner
    fear
    silence and fear from wargs
    interupts
    Reavers disarm

    etc..... I could go on and on, no matter your strat the class match up favored them before or after u13 they dont sound like any of them know their class.

    3
    Strategy is important. Good PvMPers use the landscape around them to their advantage. You move behind rocks or trees to disrupt range attacks. You stun or slow groups of people in chokepoints (like the top of the stairs) and then use your AoE attacks on the entire group. Their are numerous other examples.
    You also work TOGETHER as a group to perform as much as you can. Tanks protect healers, healers keep the DPS alive etc.. Many people ignore all of these mechanics.
    Working together and strategy are the core skills that raids need to succeed. If you ignore those things, you lose
    That is the reason that many FREEPS are complaining.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    Strategy is important. Good PvMPers use the landscape around them to their advantage. You move behind rocks or trees to disrupt range attacks. You stun or slow groups of people in chokepoints (like the top of the stairs) and then use your AoE attacks on the entire group. Their are numerous other examples.
    You also work TOGETHER as a group to perform as much as you can. Tanks protect healers, healers keep the DPS alive etc.. Many people ignore all of these mechanics.
    Working together and strategy are the core skills that raids need to succeed. If you ignore those things, you lose
    That is the reason that many FREEPS are complaining.
    Yes while all you said is true it wouldnt have made a world of difference if the creeps knew how to play and thats my point.


    everything i said would have crippled your group and you would have all died and not one creep with that creep group make up.


    hence the comment bad creeps
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  12. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdflies View Post
    No. You can play the game however you want, but don't act like 1v1s where people use half their skills is any measure of balance.
    I didn't.

    You want to see how balanced the game is? Go play the real LOTRO where everyone uses all their skills/resources, use of friendly npcs, terrain, kiting, map-in-points and call for help. IMO it's way more fun than repeating the same old rotation over and over again. But again, you can play the game however you want.
    I do. Most of time, i play solo or optimal fellowship against outnumbering opponents.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain obvious, best tactician worldwide since 2014 View Post
    Strategy is important. Good PvMPers use the landscape around them to their advantage. You move behind rocks or trees to disrupt range attacks. You stun or slow groups of people in chokepoints (like the top of the stairs) and then use your AoE attacks on the entire group. Their are numerous other examples.
    You also work TOGETHER as a group to perform as much as you can. Tanks protect healers, healers keep the DPS alive etc.. Many people ignore all of these mechanics.
    Working together and strategy are the core skills that raids need to succeed. If you ignore those things, you lose
    That is the reason that many FREEPS are complaining.
    Man, you completely changed my view about pvp.. Hidding behind wall to break LoS, Healers healing DPSers, how the #### didnt i tho of that before !
    You're some kind of genius, aren't you ?

  13. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Yes while all you said is true it wouldnt have made a world of difference if the creeps knew how to play and thats my point.


    everything i said would have crippled your group and you would have all died and not one creep with that creep group make up.


    hence the comment bad creeps
    I never once said they were good creeps. However, I also never said they never used their skills effectively.
    Freeps also have major skills that do the same for Freeps side.
    LMs can remove silences.
    Burgs can deal crippling damage to a single defiler in a few seconds.
    Wardens can dodge many attacks
    Hunters can root and crush many enemies at a time with traps
    RKs rune stone can buff allies.

    Both sides have powerful skills.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    I never once said they were good creeps. However, I also never said they never used their skills effectively.
    Freeps also have major skills that do the same for Freeps side.
    LMs can remove silences.
    Burgs can deal crippling damage to a single defiler in a few seconds.
    Wardens can dodge many attacks
    Hunters can root and crush many enemies at a time with traps
    RKs rune stone can buff allies.

    Both sides have powerful skills.

    1. Lm can remove silence with SI if SI wasnt already used and with a 18 Cd and the silence can be reapplied with the other warg well game over
    2. No way a single burg nor 2 can do that to a defiler playing today that knows how to play in a matter of seconds especially with 2 defilers
    3. a spider can nerf down wardens evade abilities
    4. RK stone can be killed in a sec
    5. Hunters crush many enemies LOL

    Freeps have great skills and abilities but i still dont think youre getting what i said, with that creep group make up vs what you had that creep group regardless of what you did should easily mow you down.

    Thats my point and only my point, good creeps with that make up kill those freeps, bad creeps well thats a different story
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  15. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    1. Lm can remove silence with SI if SI wasnt already used and with a 18 Cd and the silence can be reapplied with the other warg well game over
    2. No way a single burg nor 2 can do that to a defiler playing today that knows how to play in a matter of seconds especially with 2 defilers
    3. a spider can nerf down wardens evade abilities
    4. RK stone can be killed in a sec
    5. Hunters crush many enemies LOL

    Freeps have great skills and abilities but i still dont think youre getting what i said, with that creep group make up vs what you had that creep group regardless of what you did should easily mow you down.

    Thats my point and only my point, good creeps with that make up kill those freeps, bad creeps well thats a different story
    I agree, they were bad creeps.
    However, they still outpowered us and we had to think of something to counter act that.

    Even if they were the worst monster players in the world, they woul have beat us in a strait up fight. That is why we moved the fight to a place that favored US.
    We moved it to an outpost that had serious chokpoints and a nemesis boss on our side. In that environment, the freeps had a chance of winning even if they were facing good creeps.

    Also, I would like to point out that one of the defilers was Sharpskull. A creep know for being good. The rest of the group was not nearly as renowned.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    I agree, they were bad creeps.
    However, they still outpowered us and we had to think of something to counter act that.

    Even if they were the worst monster players in the world, they woul have beat us in a strait up fight. That is why we moved the fight to a place that favored US.
    We moved it to an outpost that had serious chokpoints and a nemesis boss on our side. In that environment, the freeps had a chance of winning even if they were facing good creeps.

    Also, I would like to point out that one of the defilers was Sharpskull. A creep know for being good. The rest of the group was not nearly as renowned.
    Small areas favor creeps and the OP CG is a joke ,in that environment im sorry to say you had no chance against good creeps.

    You listed the creeps you fought and im basing it off that and that only, sorry no way no how with your make up vs theirs if theyre good
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  17. #92
    In the enclosed space with a nemesis on our side, their is a very large way that we could have won their.

    Hunters could riddle the stairs and areas around the exit with traps, my LM could sticky gourd the area above the stairs to trap the creeps there.

    When the creeps reach the oil after the trap run, they would get stuck. Then, the LM, RK, and three hunters could dish out serious AoE damage, especially fire damage which is buffed by the sticky gourd by 25% and then my raven gives another. (BTW that killed both spiders, both were red ranked).

    The burg and hunters could then focus on a single defiler and finish him pretty quickly and it continues.
    Dont forget that a mini still gives exceptional heals paired up with a few RK heals.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  18. #93

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Voter View Post
    Regarding the GV story going from 15k hp to nothing in 1.5 minutes.... The duration of the BA and Weaver DoTs is 30seconds. So if you were out of range and the DoT's killed you it would have happened within 30 seconds otherwise you would be regaining hp while out of combat. Also, could you have had multiple DoT's from multiple weavers and BA's? That would make a significant difference if it was the case. If so, then yes I would expect and hope you would die from DoT's if 3x weavers and 3x BA's had hit you or something like that.

    Second story. Your r5 guard defeated an r6 BA but it was too close for your comfort. If he was kiting, slowing, using DoT's, blocking with environmental objects, had full audacity, and new what to do because he/she was experienced on another toon, then yeah I can believe that. My r7 BA was beat by a scaled LM today spamming water lore and cc. It took quite a long while to die but it happened. When I was dead the LM was about 14000/18000hp and had very little power left. So r7 BA dead after fighting an r1 LM. Im not bothered by it. If I didn't want to die I wouldn't be in the pvp area. Die and learn from it.
    *>"The duration of the BA and Weaver DoTs is 30seconds...."
    just made my story stronger...took 30 sec and not 1.5 minuts to get from 15k to 0...and no...i was still in combat while dieing or droped combat when it was to late for ocmr to outmach the dots.
    *>"Also, could you have had multiple DoT's from multiple weavers and BA's..."<....might have a point here...max could have been 3 BAs and 1 weaver...but i did manage to clear some dots with muster courage skill and dots pots so my isue remains legit.
    >"Second story. Your r5 guard defeated an r6 BA but it was too close for your comfort..."< i cant accept that a hunter(BA) would outmatch(almost) a melee class IN A MELEE FIGHT!!
    >"If I didn't want to die I wouldn't be in the pvp area"...rank 8!! not 3 or 4 or 6...8!! i know plenty of dieing in the moors ..and u didnt hear from me till this update...so its not that im just a grumpy cappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Disperate View Post
    I spotted your first mistake straight away. You are a heavy armoured class with 33% tact mit, 30% if you lose your herald.
    My mini and lm have more than that.
    Mits and other protections matter much more now, so make some adjustments with your virtues and gear.
    You should learn about the changes that happened in U13 (or any other update for that matter) and adjust and adapt to them, before making ill-informed posts about nerfs.
    my ONLY mistake is being a heavy class...when turbine decided that will and fate are the stats u WANT then yea...caster classes are the classes to be...."u can now be know as boroboom...caster class wanabe captain"
    and being a cappy that hits laim as is its kinda hard to get will and fate on EXPANSE of might.
    THE BOTTOM LINE IS SIMPLE LOGIC!!!!...creeps are camping GV A L L THE TIME!!!...i dont remeber a situation like that befor U13
    simple logic>freeps camping grams befor U13 ment freeps were OP right??...now its the other way around...does that not mean creeps camping GV after U13 means creeps now OP??.
    the defence rests your honour
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.png

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    In the enclosed space with a nemesis on our side, their is a very large way that we could have won their.

    Hunters could riddle the stairs and areas around the exit with traps, my LM could sticky gourd the area above the stairs to trap the creeps there.

    When the creeps reach the oil after the trap run, they would get stuck. Then, the LM, RK, and three hunters could dish out serious AoE damage, especially fire damage which is buffed by the sticky gourd by 25% and then my raven gives another. (BTW that killed both spiders, both were red ranked).

    The burg and hunters could then focus on a single defiler and finish him pretty quickly and it continues.
    Dont forget that a mini still gives exceptional heals paired up with a few RK heals.
    Nemesis is called the CG which doesnt hit for nothing and no point in trying to explain to you over and over again the group make ups with good creeps would over come everything you just said.

    you lower their fire mits with the bird and tar you cant stick gord the area unless youre attacking them and creeps who use good mits well its a wash.

    Glad you had fun now if you want a challenge of good creeps come to my server and you'll see what im talking about because they'd never have lived(freeps).
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  20. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Nemesis is called the CG which doesnt hit for nothing and no point in trying to explain to you over and over again the group make ups with good creeps would over come everything you just said.

    you lower their fire mits with the bird and tar you cant stick gord the area unless youre attacking them and creeps who use good mits well its a wash.

    Glad you had fun now if you want a challenge of good creeps come to my server and you'll see what im talking about because they'd never have lived(freeps).
    You realize bragging about how your server is the best and how the players on the other servers must suck ranks up there with freep and creep goggles as the stupidest arguments to grace these forums right? Unless you're willing to shell out the money for transfers, there is absolutely no way to argue it effectively. No one is going to spend $50 to go there and transfer back just to test it.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    You realize bragging about how your server is the best and how the players on the other servers must suck ranks up there with freep and creep goggles as the stupidest arguments to grace these forums right? Unless you're willing to shell out the money for transfers, there is absolutely no way to argue it effectively. No one is going to spend $50 to go there and transfer back just to test it.
    Please show me where i said my servers the best !!!!!!! i didnt i stated those creeps must not be good because when he described the make up of both sides no chance those freeps win against good creeps.

    Thanks for trolling but learn to read first.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  22. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Nemesis is called the CG which doesnt hit for nothing and no point in trying to explain to you over and over again the group make ups with good creeps would over come everything you just said.

    you lower their fire mits with the bird and tar you cant stick gord the area unless youre attacking them and creeps who use good mits well its a wash.

    Glad you had fun now if you want a challenge of good creeps come to my server and you'll see what im talking about because they'd never have lived(freeps).
    You do not have to be in combat to sticky gourd an area,
    now if you want a challenge of good freeps come to my server because they sometimes have lived (freeps)
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  23. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Please show me where i said my servers the best !!!!!!! i didnt i stated those creeps must not be good because when he described the make up of both sides no chance those freeps win against good creeps.

    Thanks for trolling but learn to read first.
    You are saying the creeps on your server are better than the ones on his, which is a stupid, trollish argument. Maybe the freeps on your server just suck and aren't good at strategies. You going to spend the $50 to find out? Listing ways to counteract certain strategies is one thing, blanket "come to my server and we'll show you how it's done" are the true troll statements.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    You do not have to be in combat to sticky gourd an area,
    now if you want a challenge of good freeps come to my server because they sometimes have lived (freeps)
    You have to have a target to use it, ive check out your server and i can see why its easy, the creeps are bad.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    You are saying the creeps on your server are better than the ones on his, which is a stupid, trollish argument. Maybe the freeps on your server just suck and aren't good at strategies. You going to spend the $50 to find out? Listing ways to counteract certain strategies is one thing, blanket "come to my server and we'll show you how it's done" are the true troll statements.
    Once again learn to read

    thanks alot
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload