We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    i personally really like this update too in many ways. I came out of gv once and fought a great warg on the server and got completely destroyed. He was shadow damage traited. I switched my gear/mits to tactical mitigations, retraited, fought him again and was able to bring down his damage by quite a bit. gear and trait choices are much more difficult yet flexible, and therefore more enjoyable (to me). Once 13.1 comes and champs get some love, i think all classes are going to be in a pretty good spot, freep and creep.
    Good post, shows how people can adapt to change if they actually give it a try.

Also, I hope freeps will now rethink which tree line and gear to use when joining a fraid.
    Since HD the default line for most classes has been red - they think solely in terms of DPS and not utility to the group. And why? Because they didn't need to - they had the upper hand over creeps.
    Now though, healers might actually trait/gear for heals, lm's may need to go yellow line for CC with the yellow ettens armour for the 10 sec AoE silence, maybe guards may actually need to protect
    healers with SW, and no room for red traited cappy's anymore.
    Freeps need to rethink their traits, trees and gear, and most of all their role in the group.
    Get your 1st agers, group up, fulfil your most useful role in your group, and raid vs raid battles might actually be quite balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by germcell View Post
    With all the negative posts going on I would like to make a positive thread and congratulate the Turbine pvp devs on actually finding decent balance for the pvp.

Yes I understand creeps may have a very slight advantage but this will soon change and freeps will once again gain the upper hand when they get 1st ages and new gear.

So thank you Turbine for not tipping the scales too far and finding a good balance for the Ettenmoors, this is probably the most balanced it has ever been. It is obvious you put in a ton of hard work and testing over the past month on BR and the new weekend only testing method has really paid off.
    Thanks and keep up the hard work!
    I would like to thank Turbine, too. U13 is a pretty solid update if you ask me. So much of it was asked for in one way or another and it improves the overall quality and difficulty of the game.

On a separate note: Freeps can kill my r12 defiler but it takes at least 6 of them and they all have to be spamming cc and interrupts on me so that I cannot get of 1 or 2 induction heals. TBH, I don't like that. I don't like how, to stand a chance, I have to sit there and try to heal, but being greybarred one way or another every time I try to do something... That part of it is just a mess. I quite like standing up to too many freeps, but if im greybarred most of the time I might as well be dead. So far I have not found a middle ground for these fights either. I'm either too powerful for what the freeps can throw at me or I'm in a hopeless situation where healing only prolongs a zerg... Defiler is becoming a lot less fun. I just hope I can find a situation where I'm just strong enough to be of help so I can have fun on my defiler again.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebob7 View Post

On a separate note: Freeps can kill my r12 defiler but it takes at least 6 of them and they all have to be spamming cc and interrupts on me so that I cannot get of 1 or 2 induction heals. TBH, I don't like that. I don't like how, to stand a chance, I have to sit there and try to heal, but being greybarred one way or another every time I try to do something... That part of it is just a mess. I quite like standing up to too many freeps, but if im greybarred most of the time I might as well be dead. So far I have not found a middle ground for these fights either. I'm either too powerful for what the freeps can throw at me or I'm in a hopeless situation where healing only prolongs a zerg... Defiler is becoming a lot less fun. I just hope I can find a situation where I'm just strong enough to be of help so I can have fun on my defiler again.
    You just described what playing a solo warden is like on my server lol. Being op has it's downsides

Since freeps are allowed in the Moors at level 20, many of the freeps that are getting destroyed are scaled lowbies. I've taken several alts to GV and it's just not fun. I don't mind dying but I do mind getting 2-shotted by a r5.

My timing is bad. I began Monster Play creepside, when freeps were facerolling. Now that I can get to the Moors w/ low-level alts freepside, creeps are facerolling. Might as well play my creep toons while it's unbalanced in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    Let me ask you, if Turbine did such a great job with this update, why all the negative posts? And, the negative posts aren't just from freeps. If you'd like, I can link quite a number of comments from defilers where the consensus seems to be that Turbine went overboard. I lobbied for some defiler buffs (I have a defiler), but what we got was way overboard. It seems with updates, they go one of two ways. Slam on the brakes (nerf), or floor the gas pedal (make something crazily OP). "I understand creeps may have a very slight advantage"? I saw a Defiler a WL and a Reaver camping 11 freeps at GV last night. First agers and new gear? A fair number of people aren't going to wait around for that or endure more Turbine updates. They're gonna be gone. Most of my kin already is.
    Because all of those negative posts are freeps who have been so full of themselves for the past x years being so much better than creeps. So now that they aren't bad creeps can actually do #### and beat them, all a sudden its ,"ooooo well NOW they all op. op op op op." Its sad really.
    And ive seen more than that wiped by freeps, homie. Its call grouping and nuking the same target. or staying solo and nuking the same target. Once freeps actually LEARN how to fight these classes now instead of go in guns blazing in hopes they kill something. You will all be better off.

GV camp solution = use the fire escape. you don't HAVE to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Newyorc View Post
    Since freeps are allowed in the Moors at level 20, many of the freeps that are getting destroyed are scaled lowbies. I've taken several alts to GV and it's just not fun. I don't mind dying but I do mind getting 2-shotted by a r5.

My timing is bad. I began Monster Play creepside, when freeps were facerolling. Now that I can get to the Moors w/ low-level alts freepside, creeps are facerolling. Might as well play my creep toons while it's unbalanced in their favor.
    Yeah I don't like that turbine did that. It creates a lot of camping at GV/any gy. I am guilty of it. its hard to turn down 80+ inf from a r0---2 freep that dies in like 6s.

With all the negative posts going on I would like to make a positive thread and congratulate the Turbine pvp devs on actually finding decent balance for the pvp.

Yes I understand creeps may have a very slight advantage but this will soon change and freeps will once again gain the upper hand when they get 1st ages and new gear.

So thank you Turbine for not tipping the scales too far and finding a good balance for the Ettenmoors, this is probably the most balanced it has ever been. It is obvious you put in a ton of hard work and testing over the past month on BR and the new weekend only testing method has really paid off.
    Thanks and keep up the hard work!

This made me laugh so hard!!!!!!!!!!!

This isnt balanced it went from the far right all the way to the far left and if i need to explain to you the middle well then it would be pointless

The problem isnt really the buff in damage they gave to creeps and some skill(with the exception of FOTM defilers) its more or less the options with the armour, jewelry etc.... for mits

Its also where they put fell wrought and orc craft damage at and how much change freeps need to do to come close to caping them and what they got to give up compare to the 70% mits some creeps have,plus Health , plus increased damage.

Personally im all for getting rid of AUD and let anyone wear what they want and you could actually get more balance from that.

FYI before you say freep glasses i have a rank10 spider and Ba i wont touch with the way things are now though i do see some nerfs coming shortly.

Let me ask you, if Turbine did such a great job with this update, why all the negative posts? And, the negative posts aren't just from freeps. If you'd like, I can link quite a number of comments from defilers where the consensus seems to be that Turbine went overboard. I lobbied for some defiler buffs (I have a defiler), but what we got was way overboard. It seems with updates, they go one of two ways. Slam on the brakes (nerf), or floor the gas pedal (make something crazily OP). "I understand creeps may have a very slight advantage"? I saw a Defiler a WL and a Reaver camping 11 freeps at GV last night. First agers and new gear? A fair number of people aren't going to wait around for that or endure more Turbine updates. They're gonna be gone. Most of my kin already is.

the ones QQing are trying to rush right back out to the moors with empty morale stacked junk... note the key words there (Empty Morale)... I have seen these legendary items stacked morale/morale/morale/morale... virtues justice/valor/zeal/base stat/secondary stat... That doesn't fly anymore and the GV people are mostly scaled greenies who don't even have a single peice of audacity gear! the ones who are survivable are going out without the proper grouping and expecting to roll their face across they keyboard and win. It doesn't work that way with an even balance and not having an equivalent raid to fight the ones at GV, for the past year and a half the creeps have been forced to grams and you and several others posted in here and I quote.. "These creeps aren't even a challenge all they do is hide in grams, and that 1v1 creeps aren't even a challenge"... now that they an even match you start QQing because you can't run empty morale and roll your face across the keyboard and get a win. I have had no such issue with getting kills with my guard, win most lose some... some are better players and blow me up, some are baddies and get blown up... some are evenly matched and its whoever bleeds out first.

They call it a fight for a reason... It isn't a fight if your rolling your face across they keys and getting a win and 13 ranks in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post

FYI before you say freep glasses i have a rank10 spider and Ba i wont touch with the way things are now though i do see some nerfs coming shortly.

They probably will with all the crying spoiled freeps are doing

This made me laugh so hard!!!!!!!!!!!

This isnt balanced it went from the far right all the way to the far left and if i need to explain to you the middle well then it would be pointless

The problem isnt really the buff in damage they gave to creeps and some skill(with the exception of FOTM defilers) its more or less the options with the armour, jewelry etc.... for mits

Its also where they put fell wrought and orc craft damage at and how much change freeps need to do to come close to caping them and what they got to give up compare to the 70% mits some creeps have,plus Health , plus increased damage.

Personally im all for getting rid of AUD and let anyone wear what they want and you could actually get more balance from that.

you must be bad then, come to my server there are some freeps that will show you how to play.

you must be bad then, come to my server there are some freeps that will show you how to play.
    Did you read anything? NM you're one of those players who talks a big game without explaining stuff then turn around instead of countering someone reason come back with the "you must be bad"

try using reason with your replies instead of nonsense

Did you read anything? NM you're one of those players who talks a big game without explaining stuff then turn around instead of countering someone reason come back with the "you must be bad"

try using reason with your replies instead of nonsense
    yes i read your arrogant reply, you're one of those superior people who think they are smarter than everyone else. you surely think you are smarter than the devs, please explain where you think the middle is and how you think the devs went way to the right on us? tell everyone your perfect solution to balance in this game i would love to hear it.

actually i think by reading many of your past posts and even though you claim you have creeps, you main an LM and you wear very thick freep goggles.

yes i read your arrogant reply, you're one of those superior people who think they are smarter than everyone else. you surely think you are smarter than the devs, please explain where you think the middle is and how you think the devs went way to the right on us? tell everyone your perfect solution to balance in this game i would love to hear it.

actually i think by reading many of your past posts and even though you claim you have creeps, you main an LM and you wear very thick freep goggles.
    Proof in the pudding with your reply, you really dont know anything about it except wanting to troll but i'll explain it for you'

1. Creeps damage needed increase and it was and its fine

2. Defilers healing ablities needed help or freeps healing needed nerf which they increase defilers beyond need and didnt nerf minny healing

3. Creeps got a increase to tact mits which they didnt need

4. Freeps tact mits needed nerfed but they went to far.

5. Spiders needed love badly and they got alot and for the most part NP except the reflect of dot damage which for either side is stupid

6. Impale needed to be decreased in damage but others skill needed to be increased and they did neither

For the most part the moors is fine with a few exception which can skew it far left or far right it depends on how the devs feel

1. Defilers health , plus healing ablities with hots etc. and now damage is over the top period and the majority of vet creeps would agree with this

2. The Mits on creeps are a little high and should come down

3. Freeps mits need a better adjustment, dont hand it to them so its easy to cap but find a happy medium to work with.

don't worry. when u13.1 comes, champs will be able to one shot defilers. it is known.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
    the ones QQing are trying to rush right back out to the moors with empty morale stacked junk... note the key words there (Empty Morale)... I have seen these legendary items stacked morale/morale/morale/morale... virtues justice/valor/zeal/base stat/secondary stat... That doesn't fly anymore and the GV people are mostly scaled greenies who don't even have a single peice of audacity gear! the ones who are survivable are going out without the proper grouping and expecting to roll their face across they keyboard and win. It doesn't work that way with an even balance and not having an equivalent raid to fight the ones at GV, for the past year and a half the creeps have been forced to grams and you and several others posted in here and I quote.. "These creeps aren't even a challenge all they do is hide in grams, and that 1v1 creeps aren't even a challenge"... now that they an even match you start QQing because you can't run empty morale and roll your face across the keyboard and get a win. I have had no such issue with getting kills with my guard, win most lose some... some are better players and blow me up, some are baddies and get blown up... some are evenly matched and its whoever bleeds out first.

They call it a fight for a reason... It isn't a fight if your rolling your face across they keys and getting a win and 13 ranks in 6 months.
    First of all, you don't play on the server I play on, so how would you know what my play-style is? If you did play on the server I play on, you'd know that you're far more likely to find me on my defiler if Grams is being camped than my RK. I not a fan of camping at all.

Secondly, please show me exactly where you got that "These creeps aren't even a challenge all they do is hide in grams, and that 1v1 creeps aren't even a challenge" quote from that you attributed to me. I've never said anything even remotely like that.

Finally, where did you get that "13 ranks in 6 months" malarkey? Are you just making up quotes and stuff, or do you need to put the lid back on the paint can and get some fresh air?
    Last edited by Nouri; Apr 17 2014 at 05:09 PM.

They're gonna be gone. Most of my kin already is.
    So your kin leaves after having about a week of what creeps had for years? Yeah, I guess this tells us what kind of players they are. Dont think they will be missed. Oh and feel free to join them whenever you want

Proof in the pudding with your reply, you really dont know anything about it except wanting to troll but i'll explain it for you'
    proof that you are arrogant^

1. Creeps damage needed increase and it was and its fine
    ok

2. Defilers healing ablities needed help or freeps healing needed nerf which they increase defilers beyond need and didnt nerf minny healing
    freep goggles^ defilers are not any stronger than minis have been for years.

3. Creeps got a increase to tact mits which they didnt need
    freep goggles, minis hitting for 20k

4. Freeps tact mits needed nerfed but they went to far.
    goggles this will be fixed with weapons, gear, jewlery, virtues > power creep (google it if you don't know what it means). also you guys cried that the game was too easy.

5. Spiders needed love badly and they got alot and for the most part NP except the reflect of dot damage which for either side is stupid
    cry more.

6. Impale needed to be decreased in damage but others skill needed to be increased and they did neither
    without impale creep RvR will never get a kill with all the mini stacked fraids.

For the most part the moors is fine with a few exception which can skew it far left or far right it depends on how the devs feel
    "for the most part its fine but its skewd far to the right" contradiction.

1. Defilers health , plus healing ablities with hots etc. and now damage is over the top period and the majority of vet creeps would agree with this
    over the top but so are minis.

2. The Mits on creeps are a little high and should come down
    can be fixed with proper gear, virtures... ect...

3. Freeps mits need a better adjustment, dont hand it to them so its easy to cap but find a happy medium to work with.
    your tears are delicious.
    Last edited by germcell; Apr 17 2014 at 04:31 PM.

Oh but they DID find a happy medium. Problem is happy medium means exactly that, medium, so no more face-rolling for (most) freeps. I wonder why Im not surprised that you think the happy medium is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdflies View Post
    So your kin leaves after having about a week of what creeps had for years? Yeah, I guess this tells us what kind of players they are. Dont think they will be missed. Oh and feel free to join them whenever you want
    My kin is primarily a PvE raiding kin. Many moved on to another game because LoTRO has not put out a multi-boss raid instance in about two-and-a-half years, and announced that there would be no raid instances added in 2014. I see you excel in making assumptions about matters of which you know nothing about.

My kin is primarily a PvE raiding kin. Many moved on to another game because LoTRO has not put out a multi-boss raid instance in about two-and-a-half years, and announced that there would be no raid instances added in 2014. I see you excel in making assumptions about matters of which you know nothing about.
    We're in the PvP thread, within the PvP forums. You decided to bring the fact that your kinmates left the game into a discussion about PvP balance. In fact, the whole post within which this was brought up treated the matter of PvP balance.

Yes, maybe I'm making wild assumptions by thinking that their leave was PvP-related.

Or maybe, just maybe, you used the fact that they left to make a point about PvP, and then saw in my reply an opportunity to point out an "assumption" I had made, probably thinking it would give you some kind of argumentative advantage.

Simply put, stop twisting words. It's getting you nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdflies View Post
    Oh but they DID find a happy medium. Problem is happy medium means exactly that, medium, so no more face-rolling for (most) freeps. I wonder why Im not surprised that you think the happy medium is too low.
    well considering creeps got increased and freeps decreased which isnt how you find a happy medium. leave the freeps where they are and decrease the creeps mits some and it would balance out a bit more.

well considering creeps got increased and freeps decreased which isnt how you find a happy medium. leave the freeps where they are and decrease the creeps mits some and it would balance out a bit more.
    I must say, your delusional conviction that you hold the absolute truth, and that your opinions reflect nothing but the complete and objective reality, is quite admirable. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who got a good chuckle from your other post, requesting for opinions on balance from "objective" creeps. Much to nobodys surprise, the only one who was going to judge what was objective and what wasn't, was none other than yourself.

And here you go again. "The happy medium" is only, and exactly, what YOU consider to be the right point of balance. "This is not how you achieve balance, balance is only achieved in this other way." You don't bother with numbers, skills, strategys. You don't need to. You have found the truth, and now it's only up to the rest to see your wisdom.

Admirable indeed.

goggles this will be fixed with weapons, gear, jewlery, virtues > power creep (google it if you don't know what it means). also you guys cried that the game was too easy.
    Seriously, where is all this gear and jewlery every keeps talking about that i can use to boost my mits? At the moment i feel very very limited in what kind of gear i can wear to boost mitigations.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    don't worry. when u13.1 comes, champs will be able to one shot defilers. it is known.
    Looking forward to die again

This. Good job Turbine and in particular the PvMP dev.

People are complaining about the healing on defilers. But the PvMP dev simply put them at the same level as the mini. That's what balance means, if one side has OP healer and the other side has weaksauce healer, then you either nerf the OP side or buff the weaksauce side. However, nerfing the mini affects pve, so the PvMP dev can do the only thing he has control over which is to buff the defiler on the weaksauce side.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast