We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Did yesterday four runs of Way of Smith T3. In first run dropped 3 symbols, 4 symbols in second, 1 symbol in third and zero in fourth. Got one symbol and four crystals myself.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasburns View Post
    Moors requires them because the the incredible flawed update to moors with u13, where even a rank 1 defiler can not be killed by a rank 10 +freep.
    While I'm all in favor of those who want to go get them for the moors, the incremental add of a first age vs a fully tricked out 2nd is mighty small and unlikely to solve any moors issues you are having. The damage delta is what, a few DPS??? The extra points are nice, but not overwhelmingly useful IMHO. Not nearly the win a first age used to be.

As to everyone getting them who wants, well, presumably WAI. People who get first ages are customers who can buy stuff from the store to make the new LI better (crystals, relics, what have you)... I agree by traditional game standards they are dropping at "too high" a rate, but the old way of giving them out in hard content is gone. People hate the RNG, and if the symbols are going to fall in Way of the Smiths T3 or OD or other not hard content, why make them grind so hard?

I'd be more motivated about getting a set of FAs despite the small improvement if they weren't trash in a few months. Got one (given by a kin member who already had gotten one), think I'll let kinfolk have others I get as I'm pretty happy with the LIS I have.
    Last edited by DelgonTheWise; Apr 22 2014 at 07:58 AM.

FA drops are the same as a SA drop, a hopeful reason for folks to spend MC / TP gearing up their LIs.

I won a FA on what was my 3rd total Smith run since U13. What to use it on since it will be outdated soon? That is the $64 question. Since I am not a moors person I will find one of my alts that does not have their 2nd age yet and just let them have it. I find the crystals much more useful myself.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Miguli View Post
    Did yesterday four runs of Way of Smith T3. In first run dropped 3 symbols, 4 symbols in second, 1 symbol in third and zero in fourth. Got one symbol and four crystals myself.
    I did two WoS yesterday, one dropped in each and I got neither. I did about 12 runs the day before - some runs had none, some had 2, some had 1, and I got 1 for the day.

Drop rate is random.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

There are none in AH on my server. It seems getting a group for a raid is more of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by xDementedx View Post
    There are none in AH on my server. It seems getting a group for a raid is more of an issue.
    yeah people are hoarding them for some reason, despite the fact the value will decrease the closer to the lvl cap increase this fall that we will get.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6cff/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I wonder if the maintenance today will affect the drop date in some way. Or if they are fixing something about the Entwood quests.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

i swear you people complaining about drop rates just seem to want something to complain about i swear

If you feel using 95 1st ages is a waste of time on your primary LIs since they will quite likely be replaced in 3 months, may I suggest making a really epic 95 1st age bridle that will last you for quite possibly a year to come?
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

After about 15 t3 Skraids and not seeing a single FA symbol drop I really can't say if you are very lucky, or I am very unlucky...
    As you might expect, from my point of view finding new FAs is pointless grind with 0% chances to suceed...

It´s a conspiracy

Droprate, Schmoprate. What the frick? It's a conspiracy. And that's bad because I tend to dimiss all notions of all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories. This has nothing to do with droprate.

Somebody said the droprates for WoS and 21st hall always used to be higher. If that's the case Turbine knew it as well but no, let's put 1st agers in there. One big aha-erlebnis, deja-vu. We had the bfe disaster before this and before that the durchest disaster. Why is everybody doing the WoS? People are bad understanding randomness but smart enough to read the statitistics and they say go to WoS for a 1st ager. I refused to believe it but i did 15 WoS and nothing except a bunch of crystals and saw numerous FA's drop for others and in other skirms nothing dropped. But i just know .. a few more and I'll get my share. Still not on board with my conspiracy theory? Then let us wait 2 weeks untill they lower the droprate. Personally, I don't care too much if I get one or not. But REALLY Turbine....

You know the redflag effect of introducing firstagers on people. U had 2 muckups in the past. I started to believe the person who said to me a shortcut had to be created for friends and family to an easy way to a firstager. Apart from that, what do you think the effect of this is? Again, I don't care because I have played this game long enough. Let me spell it out:
    - People get nightmares repetitively playing WoS. The skraids for veterans were already iffy as repeatable content for some but to limit them to WoS? All those skirms and I am bound to WoS if I want people to come?
    - People not able to play much or not for two weeks miss out on the FA-fest and feel, justifiably cheated.
    - The ones that do get are cheated because they have to construct a new weapon (again) which they dont need atm xcept in Ettens. To illustrate: i bought a FA for 610g on ah and its still in my vault.
    - You further increase people's expectations and it's already ludicrous... People expect good loot, gold items etc. They don't understand their class, they don't want to invest any time in getting good loot they don't need good loot but now thanks to you they demand it... and get it. Except of course for the people unfortunate enough, not being able to grind or play for a certain amount of time. And those people are mad too (well in 2 weeks that is when you lower the droprate)

I know the game has problems and you try to adress them but this is like carrying water to the sea. I seriously don 't get it anymore. Or is it official marketing policy? 'FA's and gold stuff all around, everybody have some'. Give everybody what they want so they are happy. Then why only Way of Smiths? Forget about it, never mind my rambling... I just reminded myself again not to believe in cuckoo conspiricies.

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    If you feel using 95 1st ages is a waste of time on your primary LIs since they will quite likely be replaced in 3 months, may I suggest making a really epic 95 1st age bridle that will last you for quite possibly a year to come?
    That was actually my sneaky plan if I run into one.

Just finished 5 t3 skraids (post 'maintenance')... all moria... not one symbol dropped for anyone (had a few celembribor symbols drop)

Quote Originally Posted by fangnir View Post
    Just finished 5 t3 skraids (post 'maintenance')... all moria... not one symbol dropped for anyone (had a few celembribor symbols drop)
    I've had that happen pre-maintenance too.. proves nothing. :|
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001b5c35/signature.png]Tinehtel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by RavenPrince16 View Post
    I've had that happen pre-maintenance too.. proves nothing. :|
    I ran 8 in a row of the 21st skirms on Saturday pre-update and nobody got a symbol.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Ran 4 WOS and 2 finally dropped, though I did not get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I ran 8 in a row of the 21st skirms on Saturday pre-update and nobody got a symbol.
    I know. I was with you. :P

Also, to add to the discussion; Ran Way of Smiths and 21st hall today post-maintenance, 2 symbols dropped each time. Drop rate is fine.. pretty darn random. Not like it matters much really.. level cap increase in a few months will make all of our current gear obsolete..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001b5c35/signature.png]Tinehtel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by RavenPrince16 View Post
    I know. I was with you. :P

Also, to add to the discussion; Ran Way of Smiths and 21st hall today post-maintenance, 2 symbols dropped each time. Drop rate is fine.. pretty darn random. Not like it matters much really.. level cap increase in a few months will make all of our current gear obsolete..
    LOL who were you? We had some good runs.
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    Ignoring the obvious "WTH are you going to use a 1st age Bridle for?" statement, how will a lvl 95 1st age bridle be any more or less obsolete with the lvl 100 cap than a lvl 95 weapon at the lvl 100 cap?

P.S. Can we not raise the level cap until there are actually things that warrant a raise to go along with it?
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

1) Were I concerned about FA becoming obsolete with the level cap rise, I'd be making myself a class item. DPS-oriented class items for Champs, Burgs, Captains, LM's, Mini's, RKs, and 2H Guards are less sensitive to level cap, as their levelable Incoming Heal/Healing/Shield Use ratings are unimportant in the DPS context. The only other limitation on them is the relics you are allowed to slot, and since relic scaling has not kept up with the scaling of other gear, you're not really losing much, if anything, slotting relics of a level lower than the cap.

2) Way of Smiths has always had a crazy-high second age symbol drop rate, and my experience is that this has translated to first ages as well. I've seen many drop from WoS (and several times more than 1 per run - saw 2 drop in a 7-man run last night), and NONE at all from others. I don't really care whether the "right" drop rate is the one from WoS or from all others, but I do think they should all be the same, and right now they're not. (Also, we all have a good idea of the Dev's intentions here, right? A drop rate of 1 symbol per 12-man run, which is about what I see in WoS, does not fit the historical definition of "Rare" in this game...)
    Thiranigor (CPT) - Alyshia (CHN) - Thangoril (RK) - Menthol (GRD) - Eccentrica (MIN) - Ederoth (HNT)
    Gladden - Shadows of Elendilmir

Got a symbol on my second run of WoS. Hard to believe I was really lucky but seems to be the case judging from people here.
    Contrary to my outrage at first, I don't mind the drop rate much. The gold Fangorn armor takes much longer to get and is single-use to crit, so that seems to be the real prize.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Ignoring the obvious "WTH are you going to use a 1st age Bridle for?" statement, how will a lvl 95 1st age bridle be any more or less obsolete with the lvl 100 cap than a lvl 95 weapon at the lvl 100 cap?

P.S. Can we not raise the level cap until there are actually things that warrant a raise to go along with it?
    Personally I think warbands are about to become more popular on my server once people reach 400 fangorn tokens and want the scholar crit journals made for Westemnet which only come from Westemnet tokens. There's also a lot of people who just really like warbands, whenever I ask for help on warbands on my server, I always have 4+ people ready and willing within a few minutes of asking. I'm not sure if it is still accurate, but last summer turbine said they planned for war-steed changes to occur during the summer updates, which we are quickly approaching.

I do agree that people should be making 95 1st age class items preferred over dps weapons for 2 reasons.

1. with the 95 1st ages they are receiving since we saw a ~40% dps increase in LIs from 85 to 95, we are likely to see at least a 15% increase from 95 > 100.

2. class items usually give a special 1st age bonus stat of some type. example LM book gives +1-5% fire damage when you use a 1st age.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Chefson View Post
    Drop rate = the exact amount determined by the 'execs' to drive up sales for LI improvement stuff, as they released on Thur$$$day. http://www.lotro.com/en/lotrostoresa...paign=20140425

Folks... it's all about squeezing money out of it now with the F2P format.

Content has been dumbed down to a 'Farmville' level. This is what 79% of Americans like to play and SPEND money on. Turbine/WB are bending the line between MMO and Zingagame to see how far it bends until it breaks and testing that in LOTRO, and have been for a while.

I've paid up my housing costs until October. That's the soonest I think I'd log in. May be 2 years until a new instance cluster get made... sad.
    It may be October for me also.

I did log in and on my 1st run of wos farm I got a symbol lol....and promptly gave it away to some random person in my kin. Why kit out a new life set which will be obsolete in 3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by warthogonfire View Post
    More than one a run is just insane though. These are supposed to be very rare and mostly unobtainable, no matter how long they will be valid for. The auction price is going to go way down, and then there will be no reason to run this stuff anyway.
    I dont agree, when I find a flawed symbol of the elder king in the AH for 700 gold peaces I put up a finger and think, rare or not but go sit on it, I can do without. Those prices are just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Laithali View Post
    I dont agree, when I find a flawed symbol of the elder king in the AH for 700 gold peaces I put up a finger and think, rare or not but go sit on it, I can do without. Those prices are just insane.
    They're going for 900-1200g on Gladden to people willing to pay for one, although I haven't seen a problem with the drop rate. I remember when first age symbols would go on the AH at other levels and see them for 1k gold - some are willing to pay for it, some aren't, I'm not because I'd rather go get my own. I saw a kinmate get a flawed symbol and gold cappy bracelet from the same platinum reward yesterday. We ran Flight T2 and one person got a symbol. I ran 6 T3 skirms and watched 7 symbols drop all in the first 4 runs, none in the last 2. It's all very random.
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast