We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    As has been said already in this thread, 95 1st ages will be obsolete in about 3 months, a high drop rate is understandable given how short they will be useful.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    Since u13 launched we have skraids running Way of Smiths - the flawed symbol is dropping 1-4 on every run. I believe the drop rate is supposed to be something like one in every ten runs. Please fix this soon!
    I dont see a problem with the current drop rate, This way they wont be so rare and players wont be able to charge 1000plat for 1 on the AH.
    ***Public Safety Reminder: When Driving, Please do not use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over to the side of the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as an additional reminder, please do not drink and drive when out celebrating.***

I've run all (most) Skraids and most Raids since Monday, Across 2 characters, only seen 4 symbols drop.

3 to same ******* guy.. Had one drop in way of smiths, then Deep way, then 21st.. Then no one got one thru mirkwood (assault, breaching, Thang, Dannen), BG, 1st 2 parts of OD.
    Nothing in Amon Sul, Tuck or Gonda, Ran Tuck again (different character) and someone finally got one.

Honestly drop rate sucks.

Only few of them are even fun to run... and there drop rates suck all out. Which kinda sucks since Amon Sul is fun to most users, and it rarely drops anything good. Icy Creavse is rather fun, The Marks and Medal pay out is awesome, but loot drop for people... ugh.
    Good team work needed to beat Icy Crv and Rift Rescue, and they tend pay out tier 3 and 4 relics.. -_-'

We can face roll way of smiths, and get good relics..

Its not even a full week, and i'm really burnt out.

Funny part, worst instances in game. (I'd rather play ET on Atari for all eternity then do BB) Big Battles Platinum ranks have been handing out 1st age symbols.
    So it seems if you want one, doing BB's is the way to go... GJ Turbine.
    Force people into the horrid system that is BB.

*sigh*
    I take what I said about BB back partly.. they just need alot of fine tuning and better animations and better directions.. 1-2 things wrong is liveable... but when most of system is trash. Its not fun.
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!

LotRO's loot system.

I did about 10 or 12 skirms tonight, and I finally won 1 symbol. Out of the entire night only 5 symbols dropped total for 10 skirms, 12 people per skirm. The drop rate doesn't seem unusually high to me.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Yesterday I ran a single skirm raid and did not get a flawed FA symbol. Drop rate needs changing....
    <A sig goes here>

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie67 View Post
    I've run all (most) Skraids and most Raids since Monday, Across 2 characters, only seen 4 symbols drop.
    3 to same ******* guy.. Had one drop in way of smiths, then Deep way, then 21st.. Then no one got one thru mirkwood (assault, breaching, Thang, Dannen), BG, 1st 2 parts of OD.
    Nothing in Amon Sul, Tuck or Gonda, Ran Tuck again (different character) and someone finally got one.
    Honestly drop rate sucks.
    People who farm don't run all raids/skraids. They run the same in an infinite loop to get dozens of symbols (not exciting at all)
    (like Durchest farm a few months ago...)

as far as I have heared (thanks to downgrade 13, can't participate in any on-level skirmish), only few symbol drop were reported. No one from people I chatted with reported looted one. Drop rate should be extremely low.

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    I never saw more than one first age symbol drop in a Moria skirmish raid for the entirety of RoR. I have recieved four first age symbols since u13 launched. In RoI the first age symbol was something you had a chance of earning at the most advanced level of PvE raiding - why are you defending this!
    HAHA, so now that you have your 4, its time to nerf it... Seriously dude..

Quote Originally Posted by EtherEel View Post
    Level 95 1st Age stuff will be obsolete in a few months anyway.
    Agree with this statement. If you read Rowan's letter there are 2 x 5 level increases coming this year. that means level 105 is just around the corner which means new 105 level LIs for everyone.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Yesterday I ran a single skirm raid and did not get a flawed FA symbol. Drop rate needs changing....
    LOL ok, snorted coffee on this. I ran a ton of skirms Wednesday through Sunday, and in total received 3 symbols. I know some people who got 6 or 7 in the same amount, and others who got less. Drop rate doesn't seem overly high or low to me, just very random.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

With the drop rate as it is, Turbine might as well have gone with the original plan of handing them out with the epic.

I haven't even bothered to update some LIs to 95 SA as there's no content that requires it, only my pvp character is bothering with a 3-4 month upgrade.

Leave the drop rate alone! I tried 7 skirmish raids Easter Sat/Sun(4X Smith) no drops of Elder King symbols. Maybe the opposite is trough. Raise the drop rate a little bit so we can play for something while there are no worthy new instance awards or just leave it alone. Who ever started this tread should return his or hers symbol if there was too much luck in those raids. I don't think there is such a thing as to much fun or to much luck myself. Don't worry about other players' loots. This is a non issue.
    Let us play and have fun in this game. I don't like many things with Update 13 or 12 or 11 etc. but I don't try to influence Turbine to change the game. They are in business
    to make money and this their game not ours. They will have to leave with their decisions and they are. When I have no more fun I will switch to an other game but I will not try to spoil other peoples fun for my selfish reasons. I am not a jerk.
    Good luck to everybody in Middle Earth!

Have made all skraids with my captain and my guardian and nothing dropped...so let's talk about drop rate too
    some get plenty, some get none, if you have too much, give me some, it'll be useful
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000012c516/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

im curious as to what people think is the proper time investment for an item of this quality/rarity?

from what the OP says, if it takes 30 minutes to complete the skirmish (im just throwing numbers out there... ive had it take longer than 30m with all the setup and stuff) and at best you see four drop on a single run... so an average minimum of 1:30m (per player in a 12man) for something that rare.

that is an absolute best-case scenario and actually, sounds fine to me.

should it take 12 hours? ~24 runs (30mim each) through the same content?

even in the most grind-tastic non-MMO games, that is long grind for any single weapon. Only Monster Hunter is on this level... some items have take me 4-5 hours to find.

I guess im not seeing (though I do understand) the issue the some as others do. Im not big on haves and have-nots. nor am I a fan of anything "exclusive" (by definition, it means to leave people out). nor am I a fan of wasting my time. that's what I see by limiting the drop rates. give everyone a first age, as far as im concerned... as it will help them not waste me time (assuming they help prevent wipes by making content more trivial)

and finally... how to say this... im hearing lots of double-talk in regards to LIs... people want the game to be harder, but they work hard to get the equipment that makes the game easier. there is a major contradiction in all this I just don't get. if people want the game to be harder, forgo all 1st agers. use green-rarity drops. I know, "difficulty" is not the topic here, but it is such a hot-button topic in this game these days... so, I see them as related.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    and finally... how to say this... im hearing lots of double-talk in regards to LIs... people want the game to be harder, but they work hard to get the equipment that makes the game easier. there is a major contradiction in all this I just don't get. if people want the game to be harder, forgo all 1st agers. use green-rarity drops. I know, "difficulty" is not the topic here, but it is such a hot-button topic in this game these days... so, I see them as related.
    I've said from the beginning I didn't see the point in first agers being released, especially with a level cap increase coming in about 3 months. But if there's a shiny in the game like a first ager most people want to be able to get it (raises hand). If you're looking for challenge in the game it should come from the content being balanced, not a character having to unequip nice things earned in game. If you're saying people could put challenge in for themselves by not using top level equipment then you could also argue there was never any skill bloat because people could've just not put some of their skills on their bars if they thought they had too many. *whistles innocently*

As to challenge, though, I ran an OD Ivar/Gortheron yesterday morning on T2c, and the boys do hit hard now. It was by far the most fun I've had in 6 months. (Too bad there wasn't a worthwhile reward.) Would I want landscape to be that difficult? Heck no. I think it was good to see it in one place though, where it belonged, in a T2c raid. T3 skirms are still far easier than I think they should be. As for BBs..... just not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    For me, pursuing better gear is one of a number of things I enjoy. I like "improving" my character, and once you have everything else in terms of virtues etc gear is the way to do that. Yes, you can increase challenge by doing quests naked, but that goes against an aspect of the game I enjoy. Each to their own though...

There also is the Moors, where more is always better.

For me the drop rate has been fine 1 1st age symbol in 15 runs with 2 2nd age symbols and 3 star light crystals at 95. If people want to grind to get more drops that's fine by mine its there time not mine they spend farming.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/292240000000b014f/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I've said from the beginning I didn't see the point in first agers being released, especially with a level cap increase coming in about 3 months. .
    For fun? I just got a 1st age symbol together with three star-lit on my hunter, and I will leave the making of my first 1st-ager ever (not included the lv60 ones from Filukul raid) after I'm done with the Fangorn daily and Festival. Meanwhile, I will also group with people to do skirmishes to test my luck again. Seems like a win-win solution to me :P
    Last edited by TKH; Apr 22 2014 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Fixing typo
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    For fun? I just got a 1st age symbol together with three star-lit on my hunter, and I will leave the making of my first 1st-ager ever (not included the lv60 ones from Filukul raid) after I'm done with the Fangorn daily and Festival. Meanwhile, I will also group with people to do skirmishes to test my luck again. Seems like a win-win solution to me :P
    I'm not denying the fun aspect. I just made 3 FAs for my minstrel (book, dps mace, healing dagger). My reply was to SapienChavez who thinks we have double standards for wanting more challenge but then getting LIs that reduce challenge. We don't need them, never have, and I wouldn't have missed them if they didn't get added. But they did, so I wanted one because it was shiny. I'm like that. I also want challenging instances and raids to take nice shiny things into and earn more nice shiny things. Sadly that's the part that is lacking at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by warthogonfire View Post
    More than one a run is just insane though. These are supposed to be very rare and mostly unobtainable, no matter how long they will be valid for. The auction price is going to go way down, and then there will be no reason to run this stuff anyway.
    Let's see: 1 out of 4 runs, 12 people.
    That means that 1 out of 48 times you can get one (depending on your luck of course).

I call that "unobtainable" enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Let's see: 1 out of 4 runs, 12 people.
    That means that 1 out of 48 times you can get one (depending on your luck of course).

I call that "unobtainable" enough.
    You seem to struggle with math, or reading. Or both.

the drop rate is fully random, ive seen runs giving 3 pr.run
    but ive also seen many that dropped 0..
    and ive done like nothing but WoS since the update and i have a personal drop rate of 2FA symbols in over 60 runs.. so ill say it is a bit rare...
    at least for those who are not on friendly terms with the RNG

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by GodOfBrandywine View Post
    You seem to struggle with math, or reading. Or both.
    Your interpretation of my skills is ... bad.

I am able to read more than one post, but try not to quote all of them. When I read this one, I still remembered what the first one said. Yes, it's rare these days that one remembers what he read 2 minutes ago, but I am still able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR View Post
    Thanks for the laughs. The drop rate is too high because:

'I already have 4'
    'the AH prices will hit bottom'
    'everybody will have one'

Be honest, there is no content that requires them; they will be obsolete in 3 ~ 4 months when a level 100 3A may very well be better than them. Enjoy the grouping and your RNG luck.
    Moors requires them because the the incredible flawed update to moors with u13, where even a rank 1 defiler can not be killed by a rank 10 +freep.

Kind of amusing that the OP (who identifies as creep), is so gung-ho about making 1st age super rare/hard to get.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast