We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    When auction prices drop, people will find new ways to make money. It has always been that way.
    Ah, but by the time auction prices drop, there's nothing to spend money on any more.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    Since u13 launched we have skraids running Way of Smiths - the flawed symbol is dropping 1-4 on every run. I believe the drop rate is supposed to be something like one in every ten runs. Please fix this soon!
    So what, you got yours and now you want to make it so other people can't get one as well??

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    So what, you got yours and now you want to make it so other people can't get one as well??
    lol, he's saying turbine's QA doesn't check the ramifications of where they put first ages before dropping them in the loot tables.

Most old raider types believe first ages should follow the ToO t2 drop style, 50% chance of a drop per box with raid locks of 1 week, so you the player only have a 3-5% chance to get a 1st age each week. He's pointing out that there are 95s right now who have gotten over 20+ 95 1st ages in less than 2 weeks of U13.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Since u13 launched we have skraids running Way of Smiths - the flawed symbol is dropping 1-4 on every run. I believe the drop rate is supposed to be something like one in every ten runs. Please fix this soon!
    WOW, I want to tun with you to see 4 drop! I have seen 3 drop twice in the 48 times I've run. I see a lot of 0,1, & a few 2's. Out of the 3 tunes I run wos I only have 6 1st ager's and that's about average to the rest of our Kin who run approximately the same run rate. If they change it so be it but ask them to wait till I get the rest of my 5 tunes equipped, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    lol, he's saying turbine's QA doesn't check the ramifications of where they put first ages before dropping them in the loot tables.

Most old raider types believe first ages should follow the ToO t2 drop style, 50% chance of a drop per box with raid locks of 1 week, so you the player only have a 3-5% chance to get a 1st age each week. He's pointing out that there are 95s right now who have gotten over 20+ 95 1st ages in less than 2 weeks of U13.
    Well then sheesh sexie lexie, give me one of your twenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    I'm what you'd probably call an old raider type and I don't have an issue with current locations dropping them. They're fine, especially considering there's nothing that really requires them if you don't feel like grinding for them. There's an option for everybody to gain them whether you're a solo or group player player, enjoy BBs or don't enjoy BBs, raid skirm or not, T2 raid or not. The 95s who have gotten 20+ 1st ages have run a lot of instances to gain those symbols. I've run fewer but I've gotten 6 iirc, and if I want more I'll run more. There are no current scaled raids with locks so I'm not sure where you're going with that.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

well i know i've gotten 11 and given 3 away to kinship people

There is no point to having an FA in this game anymore. There is no point to not having one. You used to need them to progress through some well designed and thought out T2 cm raids. Now just about anyone can go into a t2 raid and look like a beast.

How about instead of fixing the FA drop rate you fix the attitude that raiders/hardcore raiders are not a big part of the game and that you don't give a darn about them.

My kin is gone and I have not logged in in 2 months. Everything I have read strongly indicates that TB/WB will not be doing any sort of new content for raiders.

I really hope they change their minds on that. I played for over four years, guess it is time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I'm what you'd probably call an old raider type and I don't have an issue with current locations dropping them. They're fine, especially considering there's nothing that really requires them if you don't feel like grinding for them. There's an option for everybody to gain them whether you're a solo or group player player, enjoy BBs or don't enjoy BBs, raid skirm or not, T2 raid or not. The 95s who have gotten 20+ 1st ages have run a lot of instances to gain those symbols. I've run fewer but I've gotten 6 iirc, and if I want more I'll run more. There are no current scaled raids with locks so I'm not sure where you're going with that.
    What if I'm a solo player who doesn't enjoy BBs?

This is one of the many flaws with the current design. By offering it to many playstyles, you increase the expectation that it is offered to all? where do we stop, Solo t3 skirms? solo t1 skirms? offering them for crafting? offering them for completing emote deeds? This used to be a very specific reward for a very specific thing, the more commonly available, the more it becomes something more people come to expect.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    What if I'm a solo player who doesn't enjoy BBs?
    Then you're right there with a lot of folks. No I don't think it's perfect but you have an option to get a reward and not have to group. At this point that's about all we can ask for unless you'd just like to see them sold in the store or offered in the skirm camp for no effort. If you have any other suggestions though I'm all ears.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Then you're right there with a lot of folks. No I don't think it's perfect but you have an option to get a reward and not have to group. At this point that's about all we can ask for unless you'd just like to see them sold in the store or offered in the skirm camp for no effort. If you have any other suggestions though I'm all ears.
    It's funny because it actually takes less skraid runs to win one than it would take if they were even in the skirm camp.

Quote Originally Posted by warthogonfire View Post
    It's funny because it actually takes less skraid runs to win one than it would take if they were even in the skirm camp.

Not everyone is that lucky. Real life obligations keep some people from being able to "farm" skraid runs and then the RNG has to like you .
    I have not kept an accurate count but on my three lvl 95 characters I have run well over 30 skraids and still no Flawed Symbol of the Elder King. I do agree a first ager is not really needed for the current content so I don't obsess over it but it would be fun to have.
    Main Godhroran (Hunter) lvl 100 ~ Leader of Thorns of Telperion~

Moving from Windfola to Crickhollow

When the drop rate was set after the update 13, the drop rate for the skraids was averaging about 2 per run...what seems to be overlooked is that was 2 per run between 12 people. So groups would run together for hours while individuals would stay the group and continued to run hoping to be one of the lucky ones for the drop. I could run in the skraids all day and get one if I was lucky (very very seldom would they drop on the first few runs). I probably averaged 1 emblem every 30 runs, if that. Point here....we could actually fill the skraid groups and when individuals would leave group (and many would after getting their symbol..excited to go slot it I guess), we could find replacements. The rate was enough to make people motivated enough to join the groups. It was actually quite nice ...people on our server were beginning to get to know one another in a place other than glff.

At some point after ...there were some post about the rate emblems dropping so regularly, that people were "farming" WOS, etc, that the emblems should be rewarded on the harder runs and very very unique. Well that advice must have been heeded because now the emblems are not dropping and skraids have come to a SCREETCHING HAULT, difficult to get together and even more difficult to keep together. Oh Im sure there are still people skraiding... but as usual its converted back to kins that run with there own groups and exclude most others. In my opinion, catering to the people who are the "leet" is not in the best interest of any of the servers and not beneficial for creating more desire for newcomers to stick with it. Not all of us are willing to join a "raiding kin" just to get a symbol.

Yes, return it the way it was. Motivate people to get together!!!
    Last edited by ladybug45; May 19 2014 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyranduil View Post
    the drop rate is fully random, ive seen runs giving 3 pr.run
    but ive also seen many that dropped 0..
    and ive done like nothing but WoS since the update and i have a personal drop rate of 2FA symbols in over 60 runs.. so ill say it is a bit rare...
    at least for those who are not on friendly terms with the RNG
    I did a total of 132 skraid runs over three toons in three weeks - and got three symbols. I wouldn't call that a high drop rate - I'd call it extremely low. But . . . . Do I care? No, not really, they are not that much better than second agers anyway

Would have been nice to get one for all my lights (as they would help a little after U13.1), but, what's not to be, is not to be.

Run them for fun, if one drops, great, if not, laugh with your team about the fun you had.

Has to be said though Turbine, your All or Nothing approach is very very annoying. Get it right at the start, or live with the initial error, fixing things midway gives too much unfair advantage. If WoS needed fixing, it should really have been fixed before introducing FA's into the skraids, not three weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I did a total of 132 skraid runs over three toons in three weeks - and got three symbols. I wouldn't call that a high drop rate - I'd call it extremely low. But . . . . Do I care? No, not really, they are not that much better than second agers anyway

Would have been nice to get one for all my lights (as they would help a little after U13.1), but, what's not to be, is not to be.

Run them for fun, if one drops, great, if not, laugh with your team about the fun you had.

Has to be said though Turbine, your All or Nothing approach is very very annoying. Get it right at the start, or live with the initial error, fixing things midway gives too much unfair advantage. If WoS needed fixing, it should really have been fixed before introducing FA's into the skraids, not three weeks later.
    I think most people are finding that the Moria skraids are no longer automatically dropping FA symbols as frequently - I haven't seen one drop off Harna since 13.1: the drop rate looks much better at the moment.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

i'd like to see drop rates based on time spent in instance and difficulty level. For example, bg lieutenant t2c should drop it pretty consistently because of time investment to get there. OD wound t2c should have a low drop rate because it only takes 5-7 minutes.

I would rate the highest -> lowest chances of FAs as such:

classic raids:
    Highest chance (15% chance for remote loot and 100% chance for t2 chest to drop one, 100% chance for t2c chest to drop one):
    OD Gortheron t2c, BG Lieutenant t2c, OD Fear t2c, Flight t2c.

decent chance (15% chance for remote loot, 50% chance for t2 chest to drop one, 100% chance for t2c chest to drop one):
    All the t2s from above, OD Poison t2c, OD Poison t2, BG Twins t2c, BG twins t2, Smaug t2c, bfe t2c.

low chance (0% chance for remote loot, 25% chance for t2 chest to drop one, 25% chance for t2c chest to drop one):
    OD Ivar t2c, OD Ivar t2 OD disease t2c, OD disease t2, OD wound t2c, OD wound t2, BG Durchest t2c, BG Durchest t2, BFE t2, Smaug t2.

t3 skraids: 10% chance for remote loot, 50% chance for chest to drop one.

Edit to add: i didn't put down helegrod because i have never done them all, and so don't know the difficulty/time investment.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; May 19 2014 at 02:54 PM.

THANK YOU for quickly fixing this so I can't get my FAs. I vow to never catch two jobs at the once again, even temporarily. CLEARLY it's inevitable that I should lose out and pay 1k gold per symbol or play skraids now that noone is running them - and do so a few weeks and hope and pray. It would have been so AWKWARD for me to only pay 250g per FA and it would have been HELL for me if Way of Smiths had had the same loot mechanic throughout this game verion.

I truly feel that "everybody else cashed in and I was left out" because I spent time playtesting the revamped areas the meagre time I had available. I had fun doing that, too - but at what cost? At the cost of paying four times the cash or ten times the effort to get my old main up to date. So Utterly Selfish...

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    I truly feel that "everybody else cashed in and I was left out" because I spent time playtesting the revamped areas the meagre time I had available. I had fun doing that, too - but at what cost? At the cost of paying four times the cash or ten times the effort to get my old main up to date. So Utterly Selfish...
    There's always going to be people like this.

Yeah I was one of those with 7 level 95s, and I farmed WoS for 3 weeks straight, and got 3 toons fully updated (I ran out of marks/meds) and another 9 symbols in my vault to spread over my other 4 level 95s. I agree of course it should not have been that easy, but hey.... if they aren't fixing it, who am i to refuse to run the WoS farms?

On the plus side, Big Battles drop them regularly, I have seen one drop in the 3-man glittering caves.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I don't know why people think the drop rate was too high. Before U13.1 people were grouping to do raids, now nothing. What exactly is so wrong with having a drop rate high enough that people are actually encouraged to run raids? For all the complaining about Turbine catering to solo play, you'd think that this would be a welcome boon, but no, we had to complain so that Turbine would nerf the fun. Nobody's going to run the raids with such a miniscule chance now of a FA dropping since it will be obsolete in a few months anyway. Why not let us have a decent chance of getting one while we wait for the next level cap increase?
    Lenghad - Champion on Arkenstone (Main char)

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    There's always going to be people like this.

Yeah I was one of those with 7 level 95s, and I farmed WoS for 3 weeks straight, and got 3 toons fully updated (I ran out of marks/meds) and another 9 symbols in my vault to spread over my other 4 level 95s. I agree of course it should not have been that easy, but hey.... if they aren't fixing it, who am i to refuse to run the WoS farms?

On the plus side, Big Battles drop them regularly, I have seen one drop in the 3-man glittering caves.
    Three weeks? That sounds about same as the ToO runs, once upon a time. Mind, I had just the two characters properly /played then.

Ah yes, BBs. Ran each twice, hated every minute. It's still a good alternative because I must get the full 200 points on my old main to make her 65 trait tree points into 67 (I mean it, not having that one nice character gimped the way my other ones are!)

Just remember: never work!

As a side note here - I see opening poster is on Riddermark. I can understand that with a grand GLFF population of a handful of people, everyone getting their FAs quickly must mean a super fast dip in prices. Still, I do not care what his auction cash-ins are. Hope he chokes on the gold (that's me being selfish)!

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    i'd like to see drop rates based on time spent in instance and difficulty level. For example, bg lieutenant t2c should drop it pretty consistently because of time investment to get there. OD wound t2c should have a low drop rate because it only takes 5-7 minutes.
    It's difficult to confirm, because the actual drop rates are not published anywhere, but there is definitely some variation in drop rates across instances. The intent is exactly what you say here, namely to ensure that the harder/longer instances drop better gear on average than the rest.

However, the type of player who wants to farm gear will always gravitate to the quickest run that has a chance of dropping what they want. So it almost doesn't matter what the BGLT drop rate is, because farmers want the smooth, fast, guaranteed success, so they'll always just run ODW instead. BGLT's drop rate would have to be frankly ridiculously high to beat out the instinct to get farmers to take on the risk of wiping several times over the guarantee to finish and at least get a shot at looting.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

I think most people are finding that the Moria skraids are no longer automatically dropping FA symbols as frequently - I haven't seen one drop off Harna since 13.1: the drop rate looks much better at the moment.
    I did my runs when they did drop off harna. I didn't get the same sort of luck as some though Out of my three, I used two and gave one away to someone who had even less luck than I did.

they nerfed the drop rates a bit in u13.1 but i still got 2 FAs and 1 gold item in 3 BB plat boxes in a row i also trashed the gold item
    1st BB box FA
    2nd BB box FA
    3rd BB Gold jewel
    Call me lucky but not really :P
    Gold jewel was trash and FAs are just 700g extra :/

First of all, you and I must be running different Way of Smith. You are getting 1-4 on every run. I have run it 4 times and seen a total of zero drop to anyone in those raids. Of course, people tend to exaggerate to make their point. I assume you are exaggerating.

Second of all, who cares? If you don't want a first age, delete your symbol and don't make one. If you want one, make one! Why do you really care if someone else has one or not? I see so many people on these boards saying, ''*I* want this top loot, but I don't want anyone else to get it.''

There are so many broken things in this game, I would prefer they spend their time fixing something that is broken rather than worrying about taking some loot from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie4all View Post
    First of all, you and I must be running different Way of Smith. You are getting 1-4 on every run. I have run it 4 times and seen a total of zero drop to anyone in those raids. Of course, people tend to exaggerate to make their point. I assume you are exaggerating.

Second of all, who cares? If you don't want a first age, delete your symbol and don't make one. If you want one, make one! Why do you really care if someone else has one or not? I see so many people on these boards saying, ''*I* want this top loot, but I don't want anyone else to get it.''

There are so many broken things in this game, I would prefer they spend their time fixing something that is broken rather than worrying about taking some loot from someone else.
    U13.1 stopped FA symbols from dropping off the bodies so now they only drop from the chest occasionally, so the information you're upset about is out of date.

I haven't seen anybody saying *I* want this loot but I don't want anybody else to get it. They want it for themselves and are willing to work for it. If you want it and are willing to work for it nobody objects.

People who say BBs drop FA symbols are only partly right - symbols have a chance to drop from platinum rewards when they've accumulated enough platinum medals. And then again, some people are lucky in their rewards. In all the plat rewards I've gotten it's been the identical gold pocket 3 times and vendor trash teals. Nothing since U13.1. It's the RNG and whether it is random in your favor or not. For me, not so much.
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast