We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fix Flawed Symbol of the Elder King Drop Rate!

Since u13 launched we have skraids running Way of Smiths - the flawed symbol is dropping 1-4 on every run. I believe the drop rate is supposed to be something like one in every ten runs. Please fix this soon!

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

If it were one in every 10 runs, people wouldn't bother trying to get them.
    If people don't bother to get them, they run out of things to do after the short entwood content and timers.
    If people run out of things to do, they don't play.

One drop per run should be sufficient for a raid completion, but I do agree that it should not drop more than once per raid run.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

I'm not sure if you're new to skraiding, but way of smiths and 21st hall have had the extra loot drop since at least Update 8, turbine hasn't changed it in 2 years of knowing that 4-6 2nd ages drop per run, and now 1-(I've seen 5) 1st ages drop per run at 95 tier 3.

Considering 95 1st ages will only be end-game weapons for 3 months, (we will be level 100 in the 2014 summer update), this is a fair compromise.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

More than one a run is just insane though. These are supposed to be very rare and mostly unobtainable, no matter how long they will be valid for. The auction price is going to go way down, and then there will be no reason to run this stuff anyway.

When auction prices drop, people will find new ways to make money. It has always been that way.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Level 95 1st Age stuff will be obsolete in a few months anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherEel View Post
    Not sure about this. I think we will only see new first and second ager with level 105. And if they didn't rise the damage and skill bonus from the LI as much as they have done with U12 you can keep those items for some time.
    Officer of Radix Lecti @ Laurelin (the only real taters)
    You want to know more?
    http://radixlecti.eu/
    The wise & sociable 2012
    Hero of the small folk 2013
    Original Tundra Cub owner 2014
    The kinship that brought the hobbit to Isengard :)

would it make more sense if it worked on a weekly CD like the loot from the chest do? Still random drop and same amount dropped but once run you are locked for a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    I'm not sure if you're new to skraiding, but way of smiths and 21st hall have had the extra loot drop since at least Update 8, turbine hasn't changed it in 2 years of knowing that 4-6 2nd ages drop per run, and now 1-(I've seen 5) 1st ages drop per run at 95 tier 3.

Considering 95 1st ages will only be end-game weapons for 3 months, (we will be level 100 in the 2014 summer update), this is a fair compromise.
    I never saw more than one first age symbol drop in a Moria skirmish raid for the entirety of RoR. I have recieved four first age symbols since u13 launched. In RoI the first age symbol was something you had a chance of earning at the most advanced level of PvE raiding - why are you defending this!

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    I never saw more than one first age symbol drop in a Moria skirmish raid for the entirety of RoR.
    Actually, you never should have seen any because the only symbols that came as loot from skirmish raids in RoR were 2nd age symbols.

Level 85 First age symbols only came from Battle for Erebor/Flight to the Lonely Mountain/The Fires of Smaug "raids". For the first couple of weeks that the level 85 first age symbols were released these were able to be looted from Tier 1 of these raids as well as Tier 2. Then they changed it to Tier 2 only but the damage had already been done.

I have recieved four first age symbols since u13 launched.
    You have quite the lucky RNG.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

In every update, the first two weeks is always where you have to get the fat loot, whatever loot it is (gold items, FA symbols, and so on...). We are used to it so don't bother, turbine will come around, nerfed it to oblivion and people will quit.

If anyone feels like they have received an excessive number of symbols, mail them to me in-game and I'll dispose of them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherEel View Post
    Exactly. It doesn't really seem worth the effort at the moment, unless you spend a lot of time in the Moors where even a month of having a slight edge in stats can help. I seldom set foot there, so I'm not even going to partake in the WoS farms.

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    If it were one in every 10 runs, people wouldn't bother trying to get them.
    This is not at all true.

If people run out of things to do, they don't play.
    This is very true.

If you make the drops too easy, everyone has one and then there's no incentive to run skraids again, thus nothing to do.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000000a2d6/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Some of you have a nice RNG there.

I've run an awful lot of group content since Monday and have yet to receive a FA symbol. One of my kinnies has gotten 5, but most have gotten one or none. And that's with running a ton of Moria skraids that I hear have such a fantastic droprate. For my experience, in 10 Way of Smiths runs I've seen more than one drop twice, and no more than 3.

You get extras? Cool. Charge high prices for them, people will pay. Frankly, I think it's fantastic to see people running group content again. I have personally taken part in skraids of all kinds, OD, BG, and even a couple Erebor runs.

said the man who already got his .

And now he don't want anyone else but him to get them so he can charge stupid high prices in the AH. The drop rate is just fine as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by warthogonfire View Post
    More than one a run is just insane though. These are supposed to be very rare and mostly unobtainable, no matter how long they will be valid for. The auction price is going to go way down, and then there will be no reason to run this stuff anyway.
    No, my friend. You misunderstand how the loot system works. When each person in the raid is getting loot on the RNG system... each person has their own loot table they are rolling on. Thus, it is still "very rare"... you are just seeing more symbols because multiple people may have "beaten" the roll to get one.

This is working fine. I like it because we are seeing some raiding activity at least in the short term.

And, I think it kind of confirms what I said... about how everyone else does benefit from the raiders. Thanks to the current farming... the raiders will flood the AH with the excess... thus, allowing all those cute soloists to get their FA symbols without having to set foot in a raid or (heaven forbid) group with anyone.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

Why should they be rare or exclusive, now that the biggest challenge to getting them is finding 11 people with a pulse?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

If we weren't getting a level cap rise until next year, then I'd be all for these being rarer. As it stands, however, I don't like the idea of spending weeks or months trying to get lucky with a drop, only to have it invalidated soon after. Even if you get a symbol today, you might be dumping your new First Age in roughly three months time.

The real problem of dumping LIs needs to be addressed.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Thanks for the laughs. The drop rate is too high because:

'I already have 4'
    'the AH prices will hit bottom'
    'everybody will have one'

Be honest, there is no content that requires them; they will be obsolete in 3 ~ 4 months when a level 100 3A may very well be better than them. Enjoy the grouping and your RNG luck.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR View Post
    Be honest, there is no content that requires them; they will be obsolete in 3 ~ 4 months when a level 100 3A
    ^This.

[I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Apparently, it is worse : they seem to drop in OD without challenge, which can be done in a few minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    If we weren't getting a level cap rise until next year, then I'd be all for these being rarer. As it stands, however, I don't like the idea of spending weeks or months trying to get lucky with a drop, only to have it invalidated soon after. Even if you get a symbol today, you might be dumping your new First Age in roughly three months time.

The real problem of dumping LIs needs to be addressed.

-Bel
    17 symbols so far

I haven't gotten any in the half dozen skirms I've had a chance to do the last few days. I know one person who got 4 yesterday running 26. As with everything, it's random. Some get many, some get none. So far I've been blanked.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by warthogonfire View Post
    You mean rare just like those legendary weapons from ages past that Turbine readily compare to Glamdring or Sting?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Voltaire

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast