We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    if it still works this way then....freeps have zero to complain about.
    lol these are not insta-clickies
    [URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/csmoltz/media/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k183/csmoltz/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Cryptic View Post
    lol these are not insta-clickies
    many are, and the some that aren't can be kept up 100%

many are, and the some that aren't can be kept up 100%
    more to this game then spamming one skill
    [URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/csmoltz/media/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k183/csmoltz/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Basically, bring a warden to every fight. The pvp in this game is so off atm I'm not even bothering.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c6e65/signature.png]Dercin[/charsig]

if it still works this way then....freeps have zero to complain about.
    To clarify, since i don't think it has been explicitly said yet, the -inc healing debuffs of the same type I've seen will not stack on each other. So for instance taking 2 wardens with their possible -55% inc healing debuff will not mean a creep having -110% inc heals (I think multiple sources just refresh the duration). This isn't to say that -inc healing isn't viable for freeps as it is quite powerful and is going to be hugely important, but it is going to require far more specificity in gearing, traiting, and class makeups than freeps have needed in the past, and really more than creeps have required for their flayer root/cc in blight tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    The two minis should be switching off fears on one defiler while the LM deals with the other one (fear lasts 15 seconds with 30 second cd, so two minis can keep it up consistently). Might even set up a fear target assist so everyone knows not to damage that guy. Have DPS go after the other targets with grave wound use (wargs are still squishy targets). Minis can help the LM with the other defiler with piercing cry.

Trick here is to make sure everyone in group knows not to use AoEs where they can hit feared defiler.
    As bad a position as diminishing returns tables are right now, the above is going to do jack squat after a minute of combat, which the non-CC'ed defiler probably has enough CDs and kiting ability to survive through. Plus, elbereth is only good for 7.5 seconds on a target with audacity, not 15.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Rune-keepers. They've got a -30% incoming healing 50% power cost debuff 15 second duration/cd available in any spec. Also, have LMs drain power. Power fights aren't very entertaining, but they're an option.
    Idmel

Quote Originally Posted by Me_the_Third View Post
    Rune-keepers. They've got a -30% incoming healing 50% power cost debuff 15 second duration/cd available in any spec. Also, have LMs drain power. Power fights aren't very entertaining, but they're an option.
    Dammit, totally forgot about RK skill for inc healing debuff.
    So there are 3 classes doing this: warden, cappy, RK.

I wish LM power drain was at least half powerful as it was before. It was nerfed pretty bad, and ain't doing anything with target's power

Overall: Thanks everyone. Useful advices. I'll try it out on this weeken.
    And yeah, it is bit more complicated then blights & root/stun

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Cryptic View Post
    more to this game then spamming one skill
    not more important though. if a warden is in group he better be working on that -50% incoming healing if there are 2 defilers. Captain better be spamming grave wound and when that inc heal goes away routing cry, and hunter needs to be throwing up their inc healing debuffs. I know other classes have inc healing debuffs too, just not sure which ones but all but like 2 should have some type.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Apr 17 2014 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    I didnt say with ease. Need slight nerf because everything I tried havent worked. And if you didn't mention - I said there are two options: slight nerf for defis OR some good tactic/group build to work that out, from ones, who succeeded in that. You haven't even succeeded to escape/fight from grams camp. How you can even discuss something if you don't know a thing?

You are just blind cuz mad. Get over it. Non-constructive discussion with you.

P.S.: Logging in time when there is grams camp - was my favourite, cuz I could break it and get way more infamy you can get now at GV steps. What can you ?
    I think you the part here that really requires attention is "Need slight nerf because everything I tried havent worked", forget the rest of the whole quote I am responding to.

This comment here gives away your manner of thinking on the whole matter you raise. No, there is no need for any nerf at all because what you have tried does not work. What you have tried is what is not working, not defilers. It would seem to many of us that in ways they are tantamount to mini's now.

As Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz "we're not in RoI/RoR anymore Toto". Some creep toons are given the sort of benefit now that some freep toons have been given for about two years now. How about mini's, did you call for mini's to be nerfed. Did you call for wardens to be nerfed.

Sorry but now it looks like it is freep toon users who will have to start getting a little better at how they handle the game, especially PvMP.

Dammit, totally forgot about RK skill for inc healing debuff.
    So there are 3 classes doing this: warden, cappy, RK.

I wish LM power drain was at least half powerful as it was before. It was nerfed pretty bad, and ain't doing anything with target's power

Overall: Thanks everyone. Useful advices. I'll try it out on this weeken.
    And yeah, it is bit more complicated then blights & root/stun
    Hunters do to, Heart seeker when running red gives -50% inc healing for 8 seconds. The four piece set bouns for the predator set is -50% for 10 Sec on Merciful shot. CD on merciful shot is 30 Sec, but a legacy can decrease it to 20Sec.
    [center][img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/9452131083_d1d6d5f2fa_o.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Caileen - Bait, Consolida - Burg in the making[/center]

Runekeepers -30% inc heal and 50% power cost is AoE, afaik.

Make those burglars have addle cd and addle induction legacy. 75% more induction is getting defilers right back where they used to be with inductions. Not potable debuff, lasts for 30secs (i retired my freep for few weeks/months, not sure about duration), so the burg can keep addled 3 defilers at once. One burg.

LM's silence? Where did it go now?
    Have some gambler burgs spam Provoke on a defiler, with addle, and that one wont see any healing.

Im first to say my spider wasnt strong like this since the begining, but im more and more sure its not gonna be same like this for much long.
    You were all saying that creeps were OP with start of HD. I was thinking that about my weaver, which was the weakest class with HD.

Time will tell.. and you need a new tactic for PvE and for PvP, freepies, and it cant be anymore "LEEEEEEROOOY JEEENKIIINS" = +10k infamy in a fight.

Cheers
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post

LM's silence? Where did it go now?

Cheers
    As far as I know, LM silence works only on Warleaders. I've tried to used it on defis, but they still use HoTs, not sure about other skills.

Very interested to see a video of a few 6v6 and see if any of these strategies can work through 4-6k raw hps (pre debuff) from each defiler.

As for these fears I am pretty sure that most creeps carry fear pots and brands.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    Very interested to see a video of a few 6v6 and see if any of these strategies can work through 4-6k raw hps (pre debuff) from each defiler.

As for these fears I am pretty sure that most creeps carry fear pots and brands.
    Yeah. But mini fears can't be potted. Only brand can work out, which has big CD about 10 mins in average.
    I'll try to capture couple of vids when there is a chance

P.S.: Which software you use for capturing lotro vids btw ?

Yeah. But mini fears can't be potted.
    They can be potted.

Defiler heals are op? Were you asleep when all the minis came out? What about healing rks? I understand creeps can't be face rolled anymore but now you have a challenge for once. Time to get the big boy pants out of the closet freepies
    [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/coreymaikrzek/media/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png.html][IMG]http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a417/coreymaikrzek/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin91 View Post
    Defiler heals are op? Were you asleep when all the minis came out? What about healing rks? I understand creeps can't be face rolled anymore but now you have a challenge for once. Time to get the big boy pants out of the closet freepies
    Yes they're.
    Im a creep player.
    Defiler is my second main.

And well, i don't find the moors fun for the moment, probably going to reroll a freep.

Yeah. But mini fears can't be potted. Only brand can work out, which has big CD about 10 mins in average.
    I'll try to capture couple of vids when there is a chance

P.S.: Which software you use for capturing lotro vids btw ?
    try Fraps (available on pirate bay), very good recording tool, just press F9 for start and F9 for end, and there you go

You might have a problem uploading the same video cause its big, so try to lower the quality.
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Yes they're.
    Im a creep player.
    Defiler is my second main.

And well, i don't find the moors fun for the moment, probably going to reroll a freep.
    Defiler power pool and power costs are still the same. And even at rank 12 with full aud my defiler goes through power pretty quick. It isn't hard to know how to take care of a defilers heals. The freeps nowadays (at least on my server) are just used to being able to face roll and don't have a clue what to do when things get a bit tough.
    [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/coreymaikrzek/media/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png.html][IMG]http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a417/coreymaikrzek/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    As bad a position as diminishing returns tables are right now, the above is going to do jack squat after a minute of combat, which the non-CC'ed defiler probably has enough CDs and kiting ability to survive through. Plus, elbereth is only good for 7.5 seconds on a target with audacity, not 15.
    7.5 seconds at best. In a RvR most of the time, if the defiler has a clue, it'll last about 2-3s due to the amount of freep AoE damage going around.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post

LMs have stuns on different tables as far as I can tell, or did against my reaver. If you can get a gambler burg involved too will help a ton. Was frost-lore fixed?

You are correct on the 7.5 seconds, but 15 seconds is still a hell of a lot of time to do lots of damage, especially coordinated with stuns/silences on the other defiler. Wargs especially are still going down fast when coordinated, as are BAs, especially if the hunters are half way decently traited.

Creeps do have fear pots and brands but both have long CDs and mini healing is still insane so these fights aren't going to be over as soon as the defilers pot/brand the first fears for either side. It's a lengthy process (too long as spelunker says healing is generally too strong) but you will get kills still.

In the end I'd say defilers a tiny bit OP but not nearly as much as people say and I prefer it that way. PvE even with the changes is still a faceroll and currently freeping is the only challenge in the game.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Tactics vs 2 defis, w/o expanding 6man to raid? IMO - small nerf for defis is must

As far as I know, LM silence works only on Warleaders. I've tried to used it on defis, but they still use HoTs, not sure about other skills.
    silence only removes their debuffs and disarm only their 2 melee skills.

Even burgs got a -50% inc healing on subtile stab (10% chance, last 10s while SS is only a 3s cd) if they use the moors relic.
    And if you remember the rank based armour set before audacity kicked in. The 4 set bonus had same effect but with a 30% chance.

Ivent been able to test out this relic in a real fight mainly because i lack audacity and because i cant find a single defiler apart from gv camping
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

For CC, I'd say its most effective use will be against FotM Defilers who try to play them as reactive healers instead of proactive ones. Find a target without any of the single-target hots on them, then CC the Defiler(s) while the rest of your group goes to town against the target. If you're feeling daring apply CC to the Defilers beforehand to try to get them to burn their pots. Blue traited Burglars are probably the most effective for this sort of thing, as Provoke (5 second cd) can apply a daze 60% of the time (or 100% if they crit on another short cd skill) that can be upgraded to last for 60 seconds. Even after the Moors reduction to dazes, Audacity, and if upgrading the daze counts as one iteration of diminishing returns, that's still a 7.5 second daze.
    Idmel

If the fight lasted 20 minutes I'd say things are pretty balanced; either side could have done something different to win sooner, but it sounds like a fun fight.

LM silences are HUGE. They don't affect HoTs on a defiler, but they get rid of their debuffs which is where I think defiler is MOST OP.
    High Treason

|Cuath-1 R11 Captain|

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast