We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Freeps, simply freeps

cmon guys, just because creeps are op doesn't mean you have to sit at the stairs of tv forever. We put up with being crushed for 1 and a half year. YES, YOU HEARD THAT. And you guys are Qqing about getting killed once? Cmon guys, don't be fair weather freeps. Be creep-tough!

Seems like a good time to take a break. Let's face it, even before this freeps were usually dominated most of the time by a solid group of creeps, needing some of the good creeps to flip and help them. Now though that filers are blue wardens version RoR, they're even more cautelous. Doesn't help that lots of these 95 freeps have a tremendous fear of dying to try to get a kill or to actually do some planning (spreading up, leaving GV by the left exit out of gv when camped, etc). This all before the update. Now, that they have to choose between survival or glass canon (like it always was before HD) they fear coming out even more. They were spoiled by easy modo building and now that they have to think twice, they refuse.

But it's not their fault only.

Reavers were fine(perfect place), I'd say nerf the impale mitigations % and add just a little bit of damage to all the other skills so that we don't depend so much on one skill critting and aren't just a one trick poney. But nop, reavers are even more op now. And add finesse of course, which they did. The only change I liked.

Now, what happens when I smell fresh blood out of gv (scaled freeps)? I don't even need to bleed the freeps. Sundering blow + Impale + Dev Strike = done, next.

This isn't fun, I don't know what the hell turbine does at beta tests, and I don't know how such unbalanced pvp can make it live. I would say this is the worst update yet.

This game had such a good trait system but they had to copy paste from other MMORPGS and just be happy with it. And now, we have endless updates trying to fix and balance what was actually good at RoR, certainly better than RoI. Especially the beggining of RoR, those raids vs raids were bloody fun. Not sure how moria pvp was as I only pve'd by that time but that's my take on things.

From what I saw in 2 days I think things will remain like this for a while. No side will have fun and instead of a bigger population coming to pvp, even less people will pvp now. Turbine's plan backfired so quickly it seems unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by KrauserJoestar View Post
    Seems like a good time to take a break.
    Your humor is second to none.

Everything got nerfed for freeps..... You do know that Shakmahk right? Even the FAs are barely better than the SAs. Our mitigations are basically destroyed... As soon as we get an armour debuff from a reaver or warg puddle any class gets crushed. And if that isn't bad they messed up the crit system and mastery system. As
    As a champ already nerfed from the beginning of HD, they decided instead of me critting 10ks on creeps they want me to crit barely 4-5k and dev not even close to 6k.... In my best dps gear. Now it was a nice challenge ill be honest going from RoR to
    HD... Going to limited defense and offense in each tree but after this update champs have little to no chance of survival unless they go all blue; and even then we die quickly. I know the cycle, I've been playing for almost 4 years.. But comparing this to creeps over those years... This is the lowest I've seen Lotro go. Even in the PvE there isn't any creativity. This game if it doesn't change will be dead, so if your going to tell a freep to be "creep tough" then be my guest and do so, but most won't even enjoy going out to try because they have no chance whatsoever. Because they can't even solo or duo for that matter. I will continue to come out until my subscription is done and see how much better I can get even in this. But if your going to post a thread like this go play the least OP class and the most "OP" one and tell me it's fun and that we should pvp even if it isn't fun. And for those that still care about your K/D and rating... Your 2+ years behind for that. No one should be caring about that stuff regardless their rating. You want a real challenge....Go see how many creeps in the messed up update you can kill before you die.

are burgs still op?

if not,

If people seriously still have hope for Turbine, then for them too there is no hope.

I retired LOTRO for Guild Wars 2 almost two years ago now because of kitten like this.

(Forget class balance, the bridge on top of another bridge to connect candy mountain did the job for me; it screamed lazy development and symbolized PvP updates in a nutshell.)

I'm glad I can look back and acknowledge I made the right decision.

P.S.
    #FREEPTEARS #ERMAHGERD

Less Than Three~ Thunderboltz

The moors was just someplace for a change of
    pace,farm a few npc's for drops for me and to
    give items to a couple others to help them out.
    But it seems to be mostly a gv camp now,with
    the mits cut as much as they were there is a lot
    less motivation to even try to do any PvP there.
    (not that I did much anyway,but even less now)

Hey Kraum,

I came back now to see how update 13 was and what everyone is saying is really and sadly true. To quote both Kamikazee and Thunderboltz, this game now is just a shadow of what it was, and things like that bridge on top of another bridge just scream lazy development and how much the devs actually care for this game and it's players. Another funny thing is how they said back when Helms Deep was released that future content would be free for vips, and now update 13 isn't free for vips. I logged twice in my creep after update 13 and today I played my freep in moors with mithril coins. Every good player either left or doesn't play enough to go to moors anymore. Both sides are filled with failures who are just the result of what Warner have done to this game. The reason the old players left is because LOTRO got dumbed down and devs made stupid changes and decisions, now any failure can ezmode faceroll into anything in pve, and the state of ettenmoors is just a reflection of the bad quality of these new players. I will still log eventually to see if there is action but my hopes for this game coming back to at least half of what it used to be are close to none. A shadow of what it used to be with lazy development screaming in every new update and carelessness about the players is what this is now.

Ainur is gone
    Reforged is gone
    Balrog Riders is gone
    Ceaseless is gone
    Asylum is slowly dying
    Death's Bane is gone, the people who are left there are either noobs or people who never cared for pvp

I just want to thank every good player who have been with me along these years, I am not mentioning any names, the ones who were my friends and I care and respect know who they are. These players were the reason I didn't leave this game long ago when devs started killing it, but now they managed to kill the community too and these players are leaving. Soon nothing will be left except failure ezmode casuals who don't care about the state of the game.

Good job Developers.

The last one to leave please turn off the lights.

Smelly you cant lose hope yet mate.I wont pretend that i don't know what's goin on but man just try to enjoy the fun things left even if it's only 1 or 2.Even if just 1 or 2 of these players still play then keep pvp'ing(or pve'ing) just for those 2.I know that there's always someone left behind lol. Well i know i am not the most experienced creep out there and i also know that some like me and some dont but hell i kept playing to enjoy my time with those peeps in forms of duos,groups,1v1.I met many people who helped me a lot both in creepside and in freepside(spidersalute to ceaseless) and some of them still play i think.Well what i am trying to say man not everything can be lost,even in Real life.;p P.S Excuse my terrible english here,wrote this in a hurry:P

I am not leaving yet Sae, like I said I will keep logging eventually to see if there is action but if it's dead in moors like it has been the times I played after update 13 I will probably end up getting bored and taking a break until ettenmoors is fixed or a better game comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Unrecorded View Post
    I am not leaving yet Sae, like I said I will keep logging eventually to see if there is action but if it's dead in moors like it has been the times I played after update 13 I will probably end up getting bored and taking a break until ettenmoors is fixed or a better game comes out.
    Archeage, look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dntx09 View Post
    Archeage, look it up.
    I know Kami, I have been looking into it since last year. They released founders packs yesterday and alpha and closed beta dates will be announced soon. What sucks about it is that they give me U$ 20 worth of cash to spend on the store just to charge U$ 49 for the cheapest founder pack. That game is good from what I have read and seen since it was released in Korea and Russia, but korean server is a p2w fest and my only fear is that the western client turns into p2w too. Hopefully not, I will probably end up buying the 49$ founder pack when closed beta starts, but that 20 U$ in cash that they are giving me with it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also Kami, if you want register to http://valorguild.org/forum

There's also Everquest Next and Black Desert coming, but these 2 are a bit far from release.

Quote Originally Posted by Dntx09 View Post
    Archeage, look it up.
    Wildstar is where its at. Developers devoted to end game + PvP = win

Quote Originally Posted by Eomon View Post
    Wildstar is where its at. Developers devoted to end game + PvP = win
    I will wait to see how Archeage beta goes and how Wildstar does after release and then I will decide. Plus Wildstar is subscription only while Archeage is f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by KrauserJoestar View Post
    Let's face it, even before this freeps were usually dominated most of the time by a solid group of creeps
    Nice to see this admitted. It's the same #### different location, freeps just don't have any chance now where pre-13 they could if numbers were even. Creeps usually have numbers and now it's just like the beginning of whatever that update was when wargs roamed out of stealth with broken audacity and nothing could touch creeps.

I wanted to start playing my defiler before U13, but now after seeing how I #### everything I just cannot bring myself to do it. Creeps don't even need +1 more healer anyway.

All servers I go on are suffering with nothing but GV camps.
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyRogersMcFreely View Post
    Nice to see this admitted. It's the same #### different location, freeps just don't have any chance now where pre-13 they could if numbers were even. Creeps usually have numbers and now it's just like the beginning of whatever that update was when wargs roamed out of stealth with broken audacity and nothing could touch creeps.

I wanted to start playing my defiler before U13, but now after seeing how I #### everything I just cannot bring myself to do it. Creeps don't even need +1 more healer anyway.

All servers I go on are suffering with nothing but GV camps.

All what was said in this post is true when there isn't an Asylum group out. Get on our level. Yes Creeps have the advantage now and Defilers are OP but a good counter for any disadvantaged side is pro players. We usually group up 3-6 people in Kin and that's been enough to force Creeps to need 15-20 with, at the most I've seen so far, 7 healers and we still get far more kills than deaths if we even do die. We aren't even heal stacking with me or Belv being the sole healers.

So mitigations were cut.

Re-work relics or finish deeds for traits, though I'm not
    one to do PvE or PvP or whatever and I'm sure that won't
    change, I'm still revamping my relics in favor of mits/crit
    def. Dropping points from vit/fate in favor of bumping the
    mits back up, it dropped to 50% after the last update
    and so far it's back 60% with a couple things to change
    yet and bump it up more. And phys mastery dropped
    to around 101% and is back up almost to 120% and
    will have more points added with the next couple
    changes I'm working on.

orc-craft/fell wrought mits hit 48% from mid 30's? with
    just the ring set and 1 piece of armour, so a full set
    might be worth getting.
    (not sure of those numbers but should be close enough.)