We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The new dye should not be completely gated by rep

Throw us a bone, please. Both steel blue dye and its component bluebell bulbs are gated by Ally with Fangorn. Even if you can get the dye recipe from the scholar's guild, you cannot get the farming recipe from them.

At the least, allow another way to get bluebell bulbs. It's simply ridiculous that something like that is blocked by a high level grind and that there's no other way to get the recipe ingredient.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Not Sure About Mats, But I Got Recipe from Guild Vendor in Rivendell

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    Throw us a bone, please. Both steel blue dye and its component bluebell bulbs are gated by Ally with Fangorn. Even if you can get the dye recipe from the scholar's guild, you cannot get the farming recipe from them.

At the least, allow another way to get bluebell bulbs. It's simply ridiculous that something like that is blocked by a high level grind and that there's no other way to get the recipe ingredient.
    As I said in the title, I got the guild (x5) recipe in Rivendell from the guild vendors. Now to track down the bluebell bulb...
    Krysfaerun (100 Minstrel), Wyrana (100 Guardian), Krysfrune (100 Rune-Keeper), Voxmoney (32 Warden), Merrykrysmas (38 Burglar) - Vox Immortalis
    Krysbruin (61 Beorning) - Hammer of Wrath
    Manlyman (41 Captain) - Tappa Kegga Dae

Quote Originally Posted by Fruinjuice View Post
    As I said in the title, I got the guild (x5) recipe in Rivendell from the guild vendors. Now to track down the bluebell bulb...
    That's gated by Ally with Fangorn, under 'Farmer' recipes. To my knowledge, the only way to get them.

If someone gets them through the Dunland 'wildflower recipe' that would be better, but after farming 50 bluebottles before realizing my mistake I am not in the mood :P

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

sorry but if i have to farm rep for the horse lord style recipes then you should have to farm rep for dye and the farmer recipe that lets u get the mats to make the dye

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981 View Post
    sorry but if i have to farm rep for the horse lord style recipes then you should have to farm rep for dye and the farmer recipe that lets u get the mats to make the dye
    Agreed.

There is already a track record of reputation gated farming recipes. example: wildflower recipe in Dunland.

It is nice that the players who get farmers to lvl 95 get to enjoy the same benefits as someone who took a woodworker to 95 (they get more instrument recipes), and many other examples.

Also, we had a lengthy discussion about this topic in U13 beta, and turbine upheld their decision to keep it gated.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    Agreed.

There is already a track record of reputation gated farming recipes. example: wildflower recipe in Dunland.
    It granted no new dye material drops. It only combined dye drops from all previous tiers and cut out the rest of the unwanted crops. We just want a non-rep version of the field for the new dye.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

So I haven't done much farming in years--can someone refresh my memory as to why there are 3 different recipes at the ent barter? There's Bluebell Field, Bluebell Crop (x1) and Bluebell Crop (x5). I only need the field recipe to grow them, right?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Agreed.

You are comparing apples and oranges here. The wildflower recipe is not necessary for any of the dye resources. A guild scholar could produce any dye so far that required a certain resource and flowers are nothing but resources.
    This is the first time that Turbine blocks a resource from players that cannot do the rep grind. How would you like it if you had to do the Ent rep grind just to unlock the ability to find emerald shards in resource nodes? Probably not...

@Frisco
    You need at least the field and one of the crop recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981 View Post
    Well, I might agree if the Farm recipe and the dye recipe were as good as the Quality of the Horse lord recipes. which they arent even close to the same quality or value..
    ***Public Safety Reminder: When Driving, Please do not use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over off the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as a continued reminder, do not or Drink and Drive when Celebrating.***

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    Well, I might agree if the Farm recipe and the dye recipe were as good as the Quality of the Horse lord recipes. which they arent even close to the same quality or value..
    Yes. Actually they are not even the same type of recipe. One is for a resource and the other for a product.

It's like Turbine invented new abilities to gather ore. You want to be able to gather Khazad Skarn? Well, get allied with the Moria factions first and barter for the "Gather Kahazad Skarn"-Skill.
    Want to gather some Birch Branches? Sorry, need to be kindred with Limlight Gorge faction first.

I don't have a problem with some product recipes or improved versions of processing recipes being rep gated but simple resources? No thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post

This. If nothing else, make it a possible result of the wild flower field, since it is after all a flower (of course, that still would be rep gated, just at a somewhat lower level). Farming is a resource gathering profession, like forester and prospector. You don't make them reach ally with a faction before they can mine the area's nodes.
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Aerynsol . 28 | Arestelle . 105 | Calairiel . 41 | Gwaewen . 41 | Iadessea . 26 | Magrith . 37 | Melaidhrin . 29 | Miraear . 27 | Muiriol . 105 | Nephra . 13 | Solina-1 . 33 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §

Quote Originally Posted by Fratonia View Post
    Yes. Actually they are not even the same type of recipe. One is for a resource and the other for a product.

It's like Turbine invented new abilities to gather ore. You want to be able to gather Khazad Skarn? Well, get allied with the Moria factions first and barter for the "Gather Kahazad Skarn"-Skill.
    Want to gather some Birch Branches? Sorry, need to be kindred with Limlight Gorge faction first.

I don't have a problem with some product recipes or improved versions of processing recipes being rep gated but simple resources? No thank you!
    Let me explain it this way.. The end product from the Horse Lords Recipe is far more valuable than a bottle of produced dye or a plant. As a Bottle of dye and or plant wont defeat your enemies or keep your toon alive longer. Now the basic resources that make the weapons, armor and jewelry like say, Wood, Metals, Gems and Hides should probably need to be rep gated since they hold higher value than a lousy bottle of dye that make's ya look purdy.
    ***Public Safety Reminder: When Driving, Please do not use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over off the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as a continued reminder, do not or Drink and Drive when Celebrating.***

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    Let me explain it this way.. The end product from the Horse Lords Recipe is far more valuable than a bottle of produced dye or a plant. As a Bottle of dye and or plant wont defeat your enemies or keep your toon alive longer. Now the basic resources that make the weapons, armor and jewelry like say, Wood, Metals, Gems and Hides should probably need to be rep gated since they hold higher value than a lousy bottle of dye that make's ya look purdy.
    Well, that says it even more drastically that the developers idea was a bad one.

Maybe that's the new direction the game is heading? Next tier resources (all of them) can only be gathered once you reached kindred with the people of Minas Tirith. Now that Turbine opened Pandora's box they might as well port back the rep requirements to old tiers. Happy rep farming people.

The game has set a precedent for Dye recipes/materials: landscape mob drops, resource node extra items. Now Turbine decides to defy their own precedent. A higher-court would overturn this poor decision without much consideration.

Guild recipes are intended for higher output/efficiency/auto-critting, NOT general use. Duh! Strike #29 for Turbine regarding this latest *Update.*

This has become a serious problem in this game and not just with this particular issue. At lower levels you can craft armour and weapons and even jewelry for every two to three levels. But starting with Westfold there are only recipes for every ten levels. You can get other recipes in between from rep vendors but that requires the heavy grind to get them and from what I am seeing, even if my armouror has the rep to get the recipe, if I am making the armour for a different toon, I have to be kindred on THAT toon to use the armour. More grinding.

Just stop it already, Turbine. The grind makes the game boring and and I am finding that when I find myself in that position it is VERY hard to get motivated to play at all. How long before I simply no longer want to play LotRO at all?

just my two cents, but today I earned both the fangorn farm recipe and scholar recipe for the dye. Crafted over 300 of them and they quickly sold on the AH for ~2g a piece on Brandywine.

Also, from what I've been told, a 95 can barter for the recipe and give to an alt who is Westemnet crafting thereby negating the level requirement. So, from what I've heard, your lvl 20 farmers should be able to get the recipe from a 95. this seems like a compromise scenario.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    just my two cents, but today I earned both the fangorn farm recipe and scholar recipe for the dye. Crafted over 300 of them and they quickly sold on the AH for ~2g a piece on Brandywine.

Also, from what I've been told, a 95 can barter for the recipe and give to an alt who is Westemnet crafting thereby negating the level requirement. So, from what I've heard, your lvl 20 farmers should be able to get the recipe from a 95. this seems like a compromise scenario.

That's rather unprecedented, and I'd be shocked if it was possible.

In the past, all rep rewards were Bind on Acquire, meaning you could not trade to an alt. I've not bothered looking at the details as there is nothing in the barter lists worth buying for my Hunter/Explorer. My HD armor is just as good as the Fangorn stuff so I've not looked any further.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Looks like you have been told wrong. The requirements to barter for/learn the recipes are: Allied with the Ents + West-Emnet farmer. If your alt meets these he can barter for the recipe on his own.

Please count me amongst those disappointed with all the recipes being gated. I am also disappointed with the cooking recipes being single use. And at 100 leaves per, it's just insane. Please either make the recipes permanent, or lower the cost by half. As it stands, this is a worse grind than Hytbold was.
    "As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Mini - 100 |Hunt - 100 |RK - 100 |LM - 100 |Cap - 92 |Champ - 100 |Burg - 100 |Beorn - 81

thanks for the update about the recipe not being able to be read by alts.

Another please don't make us work for anything post. We want everything handed to us...and people wonder what is wrong with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdmaha1998 View Post
    Another please don't make us work for anything post. We want everything handed to us...and people wonder what is wrong with this game.
    Confirmation bias...ain't it fun?
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Aerynsol . 28 | Arestelle . 105 | Calairiel . 41 | Gwaewen . 41 | Iadessea . 26 | Magrith . 37 | Melaidhrin . 29 | Miraear . 27 | Muiriol . 105 | Nephra . 13 | Solina-1 . 33 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §

I agree completely, having the dye gated by two reputation-gated recipes from two different professions does not make much sense given the item that is being produced. I do not understand the developer's motivation for gating this dye so much more than other dyes. All the other dyes have been a random drop scholar recipe. And the special item for each dye has been something another profession can easily acquire - farming crops acquired with the new update/bought from a vendor; harvested from an ore node; harvested from a wood node.

Why have reputation-gated farming recipes at all? There aren't reputation-gated recipes for the other two 'gathering' professions (Prospector, Forester) and there is no Farmer's Guild (or Prospector's Guild or Forester's Guild).

I also agree that comparing the dye to the Horse Lords recipes is totally off-base because they are a totally different type and tier of item. This is a consumable item. The general expectation is that someone could use up many of these. With a set of armour, someone usually just gets one of each piece per character and that's it, and with such a high tier armour like the Horse Lords armour the expectation is that that armour will be with you for awhile. But a character could use up hundreds of dye pots.

honestly, I've already seen a dozen players with the dye on my server's AH, its not that hard to get. In the time this discussion has been up on the forums you probably would've had both recipes (farm&scholar) by now.

honestly, I've already seen a dozen players with the dye on my server's AH, its not that hard to get. In the time this discussion has been up on the forums you probably would've had both recipes (farm&scholar) by now.
    I've been checking the auction house nearly every day and have not seen the dye. I've also tried asking in GLFF and even on twitter. Maybe on the largest servers it's easy to find but not on the lower/middle population servers. Every other dye is easily available very quickly after release. Why not this one? I still do not understand the reasoning, the why, behind gating a simple dye color behind two reputation recipes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast