We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Starting LOTR for the first time!

Played numerous games like this in the past and only heard good reviews about this one so far.
    Just wondering what you guys think about the different classes? I've always been a little lame and liked hunters, but debating doing something different this time.
    Thanks guys! See you in there! ;D

Fae
    Xx

Try them all! or at least all of them that appeal to you. You get two character slots per server, so there is plenty of opportunity to try them all.
    Bruuwnor, Dwarf Champion of Arkenstone, Pipeweed and Ale

Hm, I might just have too!

I'm usually more into chattier servers, I like having a group of people to consistently play with, a guild so-to-speak.

Do you know which servers are best for that sort of gaming style?

Fae xx

Quote Originally Posted by FaithDavidson View Post

I'm usually more into chattier servers, I like having a group of people to consistently play with, a guild so-to-speak.

Fae xx
    Landroval and Brandywine seem to be the higher pop servers. Not too sure about the others, but I find plenty on Riddermark too. Landroval is an RP encouraged server (not enforced, though some seem to think that)

Fae xx
    The servers themselves are not necessarily "chatty". Literally all of the talking comes from kin chat. So that means you will want to join a good kin.

I would suggest joining the Dunedain of the North on Withywindle. It is the BEST kinship that I have seen in any game. They are active raiders, crafters, PvMPers, and advice givers. They are also very active in chat. Whether they are talking about things in game or just goofing off.

@ the OP, welcome to LOTRO. There are a ton of fun things in the game that you can do and it remains the only game that can keep me interested for over a week. (Trust me I've tried to find others, GW2 and ESO being the most recent)
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Palentian View Post
    Landroval and Brandywine seem to be the higher pop servers. Not too sure about the others, but I find plenty on Riddermark too. Landroval is an RP encouraged server (not enforced, though some seem to think that)

Ah, I keep seeing Brandywine's name popping up, over and over. So I may have to start my adventure there and see what happens!
    Oh, RPing is always good fun. Will keep that in mind.
    Thankyou very much!

Fae
    [CENTER]Fae
    Gamer. Events Student. Dancer.
    No Wonder I'm Always Tired.
    [IMG]http://oi60.tinypic.com/30m3ixc.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    The servers themselves are not necessarily "chatty". Literally all of the talking comes from kin chat. So that means you will want to join a good kin.

I would suggest joining the Dunedain of the North on Withywindle. It is the BEST kinship that I have seen in any game. They are active raiders, crafters, PvMPers, and advice givers. They are also very active in chat. Whether they are talking about things in game or just goofing off.

@ the OP, welcome to LOTRO. There are a ton of fun things in the game that you can do and it remains the only game that can keep me interested for over a week. (Trust me I've tried to find others, GW2 and ESO being the most recent)

Ah yes, joining a good kin will be very important to me staying interested in the game!
    (Which is why I have millions of accounts, in a very large word document of usernames and passwords! Haha.
    Well, I just started in another realm, would it be difficult to change server?
    It's all very exciting, starting a new game!
    It's actually really nice to see so many people active on the forums. Never had this response before!
    Fae
    [CENTER]Fae
    Gamer. Events Student. Dancer.
    No Wonder I'm Always Tired.
    [IMG]http://oi60.tinypic.com/30m3ixc.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Well, I just started in another realm, would it be difficult to change server?
    There are server transfers, but I'd advice against it, especially since you've just started out.
    Each server has their own character limit. So, the amount of characters on your current server won't count against the next server.

Also, I'm sure you're going to find a kin that suits your needs on any server, and everyone will be hyping their own kin.
    So, unless I knew someone in the kin from irl, I wouldn't use that as a reason to switch servers.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    There are server transfers, but I'd advice against it, especially since you've just started out.
    Each server has their own character limit. So, the amount of characters on your current server won't count against the next server.

Also, I'm sure you're going to find a kin that suits your needs on any server, and everyone will be hyping their own kin.
    So, unless I knew someone in the kin from irl, I wouldn't use that as a reason to switch servers.
    I have to agree with Hale Elvenon this one. If you have already started on a server, you should stay on that server and try to find a good kin there. I am sur you will find one.

(But DoTN is still the best
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)