We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Please stop QQ and work your mitigation virtues

All I have heard is how squishy people are, but have seen plenty who have worked their mitigation virtues, revamped their gear and have no issue with the moors.... if you are squishy it is your own fault... look at your virtues a casters running Valor, Justice, Zeal??... looking at their legendarys Relic1 (Morale) Relic2 (Morale) Relic3 (Morale) crafted (Vitality).... my Guard, RK and Hunter are all using Compassion/Innocence/Charity/Fidelity/Zeal (Or) Discipline... I have no mitigation issues what so ever (Phyical capped 61% Orc-craft & Fell-Wrought mitigation 54%) my tacitcal mitigation is 34% which isn't major but it is better than the 30% from plain audacity we were recieving... when I played my guard they were barely able to hurt me the worst I took was a 2.5k Vital target hit...
    again here is a list of mitigations to look into so you survive in a PVP zone

Innocence (Good Mitigations here man... use it)
    Compassion (If you can't quest it they sell them in Turbine store)
    Charity (Again if your to lazy they sell it for TP)
    Fidelity (1400 Tactical mitigation mass vital)
    Discipline (Again high mitigations +162 might)
    there are several other combinations (Tolerance/Mercy ect)

you can't just run out there with a bunch of morale stacked up expecting to kill something with a 15-20% mitigation to those damage types... it will be your own fault and they tested for a month and a half to make sure it was right... go farm your deeds come back out when your mitigations are done and quit feeding the creeps or they will just stand at GV feeding off you till you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post

... go farm your deeds come back out when your mitigations are done...
    It is not about laziness, some people have already spent a lot of time grinding deeds in the past. The whole point of playing any MMO is to enjoy the experience and have fun, hence why it is a game. There is simply no fun or enjoyment in spending hours and hours of game time to grind virtues yet again, which often means to grind low level mobs over and over with little challenge whilst just pressing the same skill rotation over and over. I think the Devs should always remember that an MMO is primarily about enjoying the experience, not making it boring, repetitive and no fun, as people will simply move on to other MMO's that get this basic principle, make the player experience enjoyable.

All I have heard is how squishy people are, but have seen plenty who have worked their mitigation virtues, revamped their gear and have no issue with the moors.... if you are squishy it is your own fault... look at your virtues a casters running Valor, Justice, Zeal??... looking at their legendarys Relic1 (Morale) Relic2 (Morale) Relic3 (Morale) crafted (Vitality).... my Guard, RK and Hunter are all using Compassion/Innocence/Charity/Fidelity/Zeal (Or) Discipline... I have no mitigation issues what so ever (Phyical capped 61% Orc-craft & Fell-Wrought mitigation 54%) my tacitcal mitigation is 34% which isn't major but it is better than the 30% from plain audacity we were recieving... when I played my guard they were barely able to hurt me the worst I took was a 2.5k Vital target hit...

you can't just run out there with a bunch of morale stacked up expecting to kill something with a 15-20% mitigation to those damage types... it will be your own fault and they tested for a month and a half to make sure it was right... go farm your deeds come back out when your mitigations are done and quit feeding the creeps or they will just stand at GV feeding off you till you do.

I never knew grinding virtues stopped the ridiculously upscaled new defiler heals.

don't forget to grind level 75 instances for tact/phys mit items!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gottapee View Post
    I never knew grinding virtues stopped the ridiculously upscaled new defiler heals.
    but still not as good as a healing mini.

Also, it might be worth trying to learn your class properly now that you can't just roll your faces along a keyboard and win.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by nubcat View Post
    Also, it might be worth trying to learn your class properly now that you can't just roll your faces along a keyboard and win.
    So you have personally fought in a 1v1 with every poster here and can state as a fact that none of them know their class? No? Thought not, in which case it makes your generalisation of every freep player pretty arrogant and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by germcell View Post
    Really?

Get the creep goggles off
    Selembar - R12 - Minstrel
    Coolton - The original best Hunter EU
    PvP Youtube channel
    Kinship : Odyssey

Umm, yes they are.

HPS in actual game play may actually FAVOR a defiler. Just going to have to gear up and get the mini to 60k morale...
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Quote Originally Posted by tamlong View Post
    So you have personally fought in a 1v1 with every poster here and can state as a fact that none of them know their class? No? Thought not, in which case it makes your generalisation of every freep player pretty arrogant and ignorant.
    I missed the part of my post which said "to every freep player". Obviously touched a nerve.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Physical mitigation sitting at 59% but only 30.2% fell wrought mitigation. If your mit is 54% (screenie please) I want to know if this is a bug for champs.

EDIT: Guard on my server with capped phy mit saying he only has ([glff] Brobin: '36,2%') FW and OC mitigations. Your claim of 54% looks VERY dubious.
    Last edited by Shumzuda; Apr 15 2014 at 01:50 PM.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    Umm, yes they are.

HPS in actual game play may actually FAVOR a defiler. Just going to have to gear up and get the mini to 60k morale...
    have numbers to back that up or just opinion?

HPS may be close but mini have more utility, flops, full heals, bubbles, incombat rez....

Quote Originally Posted by Celembar View Post
    Really?

Get the creep goggles off
    atleast I can see through my mine, you are just blind if you think defilers are better than minis.

freep tears are uber tasty today.

edit: not to mention defilers have been basically useless for months/years. the creep main healer gets a boost to be almost on par with mini and the sky has fallen. the way I see it you have a few choices:
    1. learn to play and adapt like creeps have had to do for years 2. continue to be bad and QQ on the forums. 3. uninstall.
    Last edited by germcell; Apr 15 2014 at 02:21 PM.

Look the game is showing a little bit of a challenge. Hes right all i see is a bunch of people qqing about their mits being to far nerfed when that is just silly...

It really is about virtues and about the gear you wear. People will say "but how am i supposed to kill anything than? it lowers my dps to much!!!"
    What really bothers me is people think they are supposed to do everything (ie: you should beable to solo everything and kill everything with little to no outside help)

A good portion of people say freep dps is to high and it makes everything face roll. It still is true i mean instances are still faceroll!!! mostly cause of freep healing though. (im not sure about champs dps)

Looking at the moors though it really comes down to focus fire you can kill defilers pretty simply if you just focus a good portion. I mean yea their healing is a little bit much i personally have one and was fine with it before the update and now refuse to play it.

And basing anything on a 1v1 is saying nothing. The moors was never made for 1v1s!!! it has even been stated multiple times by turbine that it will never balance the moors based on a 1v1 basis.

But give it time we are still in the phase of figuring out how to counter changes in the game and the moors is actually somewhat challenging now!!!
    [URL=http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/Moo2dabum/media/noqqsig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k489/Moo2dabum/noqqsig.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Dwarrowdelf: R12 Warden Jak\ R8 Minstrell Amoxx\ R10 Runekeeper Smellslike\ R9 reaver Martiall\ R10 Defiler Tussin-1
    Crickhollow: R12 Defiler Tussinn\ R10 Reaver Martiall\ R10 Warg Superiorskill

Quote Originally Posted by Jakreal View Post
    And basing anything on a 1v1 is saying nothing. The moors was never made for 1v1s!!! it has even been stated multiple times by turbine that it will never balance the moors based on a 1v1 basis.
    Honest question, what is the moors balanced around? I dont think there is any kind of balance in mind for the moors, or at least not anymore, but rather reactions to changes that happen in pve

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    Honest question, what is the moors balanced around? I dont think there is any kind of balance in mind for the moors, or at least not anymore, but rather reactions to changes that happen in pve
    right now its balanced around who can out heal who.

Work it out or lose

After one mere day, in other words about 24 h. Having played this game through various changes there has been people who come out with complaints. They are stuck with some older expansion or class skills. The big picture is narrowed in their minds to how they did do in the last fight. Did they lose? Oh yes they come and blame on this lates update. In their opinion the game should follow a certain trail that leads to some easy goal. They are happy to click the same buttons year after year as far they know nothing disturbs their game. Having witnessed a yellow cappy to complain of defiler heals makes one wonder where the heck they had stuck their head when they easily overpowered all creep classes. Yes one day and they are all bananas.

Why not let the dust fall until you make your minds? There is a lot to come. Personally, I wish many good hours of gaming to creeps and freeps. Somewhere in my mind I am happy that creeps got a decent upgrade afte years ogf neglect.
    [COLOR="#ADD8E6"][COLOR="#ADD8E6"][FONT=Impact][COLOR="#FF0000"]Those are wolves, one going before [COLOR="#FFFF00"]the sun[/COLOR], the other after [COLOR="#F0F8FF"]the moon[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]

have numbers to back that up or just opinion?

HPS may be close but mini have more utility, flops, full heals, bubbles, incombat rez....
    don't forget the 20-30k crits minis can do no freep will be hit for near that much

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post

Physical mitigation sitting at 59% but only 30.2% fell wrought mitigation. If your mit is 54% (screenie please) I want to know if this is a bug for champs.

EDIT: Guard on my server with capped phy mit saying he only has ([glff] Brobin: '36,2%') FW and OC mitigations. Your claim of 54% looks VERY dubious.
    You're seeing that right.

Honestly that's great and all go work on our mits go grab our old lvl 75 mit items, but one thing not being mentioned is that 2 creep skills with no induction issues is used and u now have 0% mit Defiler curse of deadly sorrows+Sundering blow removes 16k armor which in fact is those mits we work up etc.

oh and yeah and the fact that defilers crit 16k heals now cant forget that .

Just facts folks that's all, still pvpn just mildly entertaining watching all the QQ
    [URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/csmoltz/media/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k183/csmoltz/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Hah. Even if you're getting 10% increase in orc craft/fell wrought mitigations after working your traits (currently got innocence and compassion slotted), you'll still remain squishy. And changing gear so that you can acquire more tactical mitigation(ettens ring sets) you'll be giving up morale and dps which in turns isn't really worth it considering the payoffs in damage are so small...

I think Turbine went wrong here by upping creep heals and damage while reducing freep damage and mitigations. But yes, it's slightly amusing currently. Not to mention seeing those low level freeps who have been scaled try their hand in pvp and getting 2 shotted right after leaving GV stairs when theres mass of ba's camping it.
    And we got catapults coming! That solves everything. Who knows, might even get lot more amusing than what it is now!

I would also like to see skills which are not currently being mitigated like Reavers impale(extra hits from bleeds) and Loremasters adding injury to insult mitigated somehow. Like by assigning damage type to them...

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhol View Post
    Hah. Even if you're getting 10% increase in orc craft/fell wrought mitigations after working your traits (currently got innocence and compassion slotted), you'll still remain squishy. And changing gear so that you can acquire more tactical mitigation(ettens ring sets) you'll be giving up morale and dps which in turns isn't really worth it considering the payoffs in damage are so small...

I think Turbine went wrong here by upping creep heals and damage while reducing freep damage and mitigations. But yes, it's slightly amusing currently. Not to mention seeing those low level freeps who have been scaled try their hand in pvp and getting 2 shotted right after leaving GV stairs when theres mass of ba's camping it.
    And we got catapults coming! That solves everything. Who knows, might even get lot more amusing than what it is now!

I would also like to see skills which are not currently being mitigated like Reavers impale(extra hits from bleeds) and Loremasters adding injury to insult mitigated somehow. Like by assigning damage type to them...
    im LOLLin so hard at the scaled freeps but yeah I actually did some numbers on a different thread and the big reason mits seem not to matter is because certain debuffs that require only a click of a button and a target and negate 80% of those mits or more(Reaver sundering Blow) (defiler CurseofDeadlySorrows)

face it the moors is a mess but im still out here 1v1n grouping RvR the like though my creeps are in retirement nomatter how enticing these Scaled freeps look
    [URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/csmoltz/media/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k183/csmoltz/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Cryptic View Post
    im LOLLin so hard at the scaled freeps but yeah I actually did some numbers on a different thread and the big reason mits seem not to matter is because certain debuffs that require only a click of a button and a target and negate 80% of those mits or more(Reaver sundering Blow) (defiler CurseofDeadlySorrows)

face it the moors is a mess but im still out here 1v1n grouping RvR the like though my creeps are in retirement nomatter how enticing these Scaled freeps look
    Add onto that WL banner and Warg pee

Mits? What MITS? Grind it all you like, it won't matter.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

I'll add my skepticism of 54% orc/fell mits to the pile. Screenshots please? Also, 34% tact mits is extremely low for a heavy so even if you're well set up against a warg/reaver/ba you're going to get ripped apart by a weaver.

As far as the month and a half of testing to make sure things are right, do you honestly believe the words you wrote?
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Jakreal View Post
    Look the game is showing a little bit of a challenge. Hes right all i see is a bunch of people qqing about their mits being to far nerfed when that is just silly...

It really is about virtues and about the gear you wear. People will say "but how am i supposed to kill anything than? it lowers my dps to much!!!"
    What really bothers me is people think they are supposed to do everything (ie: you should beable to solo everything and kill everything with little to no outside help)

A good portion of people say freep dps is to high and it makes everything face roll. It still is true i mean instances are still faceroll!!! mostly cause of freep healing though. (im not sure about champs dps)

Looking at the moors though it really comes down to focus fire you can kill defilers pretty simply if you just focus a good portion. I mean yea their healing is a little bit much i personally have one and was fine with it before the update and now refuse to play it.

But give it time we are still in the phase of figuring out how to counter changes in the game and the moors is actually somewhat challenging now!!!
    Silly, silly, silly post. Why are you using PvE stats as a way of testing freep dps in the moors? Is creep b/p/e, resistance, stacked mits etc irrelevant? I don't think so. I have capped virtues, angled towards physical mitigation. There is currently not one lvl 95 jewelery piece in the game that has mitigation as a raw stat as far as I know. Moors armour does not have mitigation as a raw stat. That means I am relying on 16k physical mit from virtues and armour which equates to about 30% orc craft and fell wrought mitigation - punctured target, sundering blow, curse of deadly sorrows and that is all GONE. As somebody who prefers to solo I have no choice but to go into a group with a healstack - this is not a playstyle that should be encouraged!

You say that the moors is challenging but I currently cannot play my BA on my server because of how unbalanced things are - this disappoints me greatly.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcat View Post
    I missed the part of my post which said "to every freep player". Obviously touched a nerve.

[/IMG]
    Not at all, 80% of the time I play creep, so another one of your stab in the dark generalisations that show u don't have a clue what you are talking about and can only make cheap generalisations. Your sig says warg so I guess that is your main class, I bet you were one of the biggest complainers about freeps when creeps were the underdog. Am I right? Ofc I am. How's that for a stab in the dark, a bit too accurate for you?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast