We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    What's extraordinary about it? I know how movies and news gets made. All that I've done is apply that knowledge to the claims that I've seen.
    I know how they're made too. Nobody is going to that much effort over a game that definitely has it's best days behind it. Especially considering how many of these videos there are, and how many of us have experienced this extreme faceroll tragedy first-hand.

The Devil is going to have to advocate just a little harder if he wants to appear as anything other than a poorly-paid Public Defender. Ladies & Gentlemen of the jury? I rest my case...

The sea is calling us home...

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Anyone with a computer and skill with Photoshop can make any screenshot or video show what they want shown, not necessarily what was truly done. Have a trusted third party with an audit trail make and post them. Then they'll have some evidentiary value. What you've shown, at best, are anecdotes. Given your hyperbole, pardon me if I don't take your word for more than limited value.

No-one with any common sense would actually believe what you just typed unless they saw it for themselves.

I have read some incredible face palm posts on this forum but you Sir just made me want to punch myself in the nards, thats how ridiculous your post is, people in my kin are actually laughing out loud at the absurdity of your post, that was until you carried on trying to justify it, now they just feel sad for you, I feel sad for you, I read out your posts to my dog, he feels sad for you as well, my sons guinea pig who recently lost his mate in a horrible walker ball incident, has deemed his grief unworthy and now feels sad for you.

I am getting together some people on my server we are going to do a walk from the shire to Helms Deep in the hope we can raise awareness to your cause, because while we might all laugh, delusion can afflict us all, and unless we all stand together and do our bit, we will never beat it.

But look on the bright side, your famous now

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylobs View Post
    No-one with any common sense would actually believe what you just typed unless they saw it for themselves.

I have read some incredible face palm posts on this forum but you Sir just made me want to punch myself in the nards, thats how ridiculous your post is, people in my kin are actually laughing out loud at the absurdity of your post, that was until you carried on trying to justify it, now they just feel sad for you, I feel sad for you, I read out your posts to my dog, he feels sad for you as well, my sons guinea pig who recently lost his mate in a horrible walker ball incident, has deemed his grief unworthy and now feels sad for you.

I am getting together some people on my server we are going to do a walk from the shire to Helms Deep in the hope we can raise awareness to your cause, because while we might all laugh, delusion can afflict us all, and unless we all stand together and do our bit, we will never beat it.

But look on the bright side, your famous now
    A member who claims to read internet posts to his dog and also to guinea pigs and then gets feedback from them. Interesting stuff.

Perhaps you can supply a video of this? Un-doctored of course. I predict that you're destined to become truly legendary. Please proceed with the evidence.
    Last edited by RKL; Jul 02 2014 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RKL View Post
    The return of RKL
    Ok, who started reciting incantations from the Necronomicon? Come on, speak up. I really thought that we had burned every single copy.

The sea is calling us home...

Quote Originally Posted by Dordain View Post
    Ok, who started reciting incantations from the Necronomicon? Come on, speak up. I really thought that we had burned every single copy.
    As far as I know your Orwellian memory hole book burnings were successful. Unfortunately your thought control and newspeak did not erase all knowledge and personal memory prevailed. Sorry ‘bout that. Them’s the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Farandhir View Post
    this means that goods should meet a standard which a reasonable person would regard as being satisfactory
    Good luck on find such a person on any side of any debate on an Internet forum.
    TANSTAAFL

Just a quote from Sir Winston Churchill ( accurate I think)

You can please some of the people, all of the time, You can please all of the people some of the time. You CANNOT please all of the people all of the time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ceejay90 View Post
    Just a quote from Sir Winston Churchill ( accurate I think)

You can please some of the people, all of the time, You can please all of the people some of the time. You CANNOT please all of the people all of the time.......
    But you can please most of the people most of the time.

As far as I am aware, most people are not interested in 1-3 shotting 90% of mobs and blitzing through 90% of content without nearly any effort. Having very little class customisability is not helping either.

Then again, maybe most of the people that are left are interested in only using the same 2 buttons to kill every foe in middle earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Then again, maybe most of the people that are left are interested in only using the same 2 buttons to kill every foe in middle earth.
    Some of us as many as 4.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    Some of us as many as 4.
    Well, some people are just really good. My baby Captain has managed
    to get 10 offensive skills on her 1-0 keys, with which she manages to
    kill most critters two or three levels below her. Mostly.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Just curious...

Are any of you actually willing to sit here and type out some constructive criticism on how to fix the game? I mean, whining is nice and all, but I'm sure that actually trying to HELP the devs figure out what is wrong is much more worthwhile and rewarding... Just throwing my two cents into the pot.
    Ok, I'll take a shot at it. However I don't believe I well say anything the dev's are unaware of. They know better then anyone what the problems are.

So this is more for the folks that don't. Scaling is an idea that a none dev came up with to save money on developer's. Hey. Instead of me paying you to keep making 'new content' why don't you just make all the old instances I already paid you to develop scale. Skipping how boring and tiring an instance you ran 20 times at lvl 20, and 50 times at level 30, and 30 times at level 40 and another 100 at lvl 50 and a couple hundred more times at each level cap ever after is going to be. They don't scale correctly.

Again let skip over the fact they were not designed to be scalable so any scaling is going to be a patch work. The huge changes that have occurred over time to our characters makes any attempt to have one method of applying a 'scaling patch' to an instance impossible. Barrow downs and all those instances were designed for players that had very low mits and virtues and were not near capped. At level 20 characters have very few skills and few virtues and they don't have LI's. So simply making the mobs level 95 and having a linear increase in their health and damage is not going to produce the same difficulty for players because we progressed by leaps and bounds.

A part of this is simply the power that LI's give to us. Each level cap increase has had to increase other aspects of LI's then simply DPS for many people would not bother getting new LI's if the only thing that changed was DPS. All the above the line added bonus fall into this as well as the power of the slottable relics.

Add to this the fact that for a large part of the games history characters had caps on stats of 10xlevel. So at level 20 the most might, vit, agility, fate, will a toon could have would be 20. When barrows was made this was the rule. When moria was made this was the rule. When fornost was made this was the rule. I forget when they changed this. Possible with mirkwood, maybe with enedwaith and OD. Lots of changes happened then. Or maybe not until RoR.

Think about the jump in power defensive power and offensive power that going from 950 vitality, and 950 might (which is what a lvl 95 would be capped at) to 4000 vitality and 4000 might means. If a mob was designed to be a challenge to a toon with 950 might and 950 vit.. yes going from that to 4k might and vit is going to make him be in 'GOD MODE'. So yes. Scaled instances where easy mode.

To fix this instead of going back and trying to redesign these scaled instances turbine applied a one size fits all patch just in general making all characters less strong and making all mobs a little harder. The problem is level 95 mobs and level 85 mobs where already designed to be a challenge to lvl 95 characters and level 85 characters. These mobs when designed where designed to fight toons with uncapped stats and with urber LI's, and with capped mits and capped virtues. So weakening toons to these mobs made them too hard for some. The same can apply to a lessor extent for lower level toons against on level mobs. For while a level 20 or a level 50 toon now does not have the stat caps the gear was made when the caps where in place. So very few level 20 toons have stats that are very much above the old caps. So for these people to have a patch that increases the difficulty across the board makes things a bit unbalanced.

So blame it on some brilliant desk jockey who probably got a huge bonus and a promotion for coming up with the idea to simply scale existing content instead of paying developers to make new on level content.

Again. I doubt this is any news to the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by RKL View Post
    While we are waiting for Dr. Bobby (lobs) Doolittle to gather his animal evidence and post it; I would like to say hello to my dear friend Min. How the heck are you? I had no idea you were still around. Great to see you posting again after the unfortunate experiences you had in the past with those pesky posters who actually had the nerve to ask you to explain your various positions. I am glad to see that you have overcome that kind of unwarranted behavior and have soldiered on. Anyway, this is all: (off topic) I will send you a PM and we will get together for brunch. (my treat)

Wow, I really need to re-read these community guidelines that so many posters like to link all the time. It seems I am just not understanding what is, and is not, considered trolling or baiting. There must be some fine print I have missed, that allows for some form of it (or posters) but not others.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Well, some people are just really good. My baby Captain has managed
    to get 10 offensive skills on her 1-0 keys, with which she manages to
    kill most critters two or three levels below her. Mostly.
    All my characters also have no problem killing things below their level. All my characters also have no problems killing red mobs. Sometimes even purple ones are pretty easy.

What's your characters gear? What skills do you try and use to kill things? I've got characters in every area of the game (level wise) and I have no problem killing anything, to the point that on most of the classes I can walk in and complete fellowship content without issues.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by PoeticNightmare View Post
    Wow, I really need to re-read these community guidelines that so many posters like to link all the time. It seems I am just not understanding what is, and is not, considered trolling or baiting. There must be some fine print I have missed, that allows for some form of it (or posters) but not others.
    Careful with the snark. Not yet addressed and allowed are very different things (as anyone knows). Also, as you're quoting something you rightly feel is in violation that puts you in violation of quoting or re-posting material that violates the guidelines.

I'll just point out Guideline #9 as well. While not exactly a self defense post, yours is most assuredly in violation of the spirit of the guideline if not the letter.

9. “Self Defense” posts.

Please do not respond to attempts to provoke, troll or bait you. Posts you feel violate the community guidelines should be reported using the ‘Report this post’ button. Responding in kind usually results in both parties having actions taken against their accounts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4