We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where is the logic in Turbines actions?

So first they stop producing proper raids and alienate top skill players.

Then they slowly update after update trivialize landscape content and what is left from group content, so almost any kind of skilled gamers leave, leaving the game with mostly solo casuals who are used to 2 shotting mobs.

And now, when the game is left with a bunch of casuals, they nerf characters and buff mobs. Obvoiusly pissing off the only playstyle group that is still playing.

Where is the logic?

Well the person who took the game in the easy mode direction is now gone. Maybe they realized it wasn't actually good for the game. I do agree that they put themselves in a bad position though. Maybe they are just hoping to get players back.

Well taking 3 times longer to kill a Mob is not exactly a way to bring skilled players back. I think that boat has sailed a long time ago so I agree with the OP that making it even more of a grind for casual players is a complete turn off. The quests are no longer fun to do. it has just become a big grind fest and rather boring having to do that same thing over and over and over and over... you get the point.

Never thought I would do this with Lifer accounts but I have just told account support to delete them. The decline started with Rohan and ended yesterday for me. This now generic fantasy MMO lost its lotro feel years ago and wont get it back as WB's won't fund it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by tamlong View Post
    Well taking 3 times longer to kill a Mob is not exactly a way to bring skilled players back. I think that boat has sailed a long time ago so I agree with the OP that making it even more of a grind for casual players is a complete turn off. The quests are no longer fun to do. it has just become a big grind fest and rather boring having to do that same thing over and over and over and over... you get the point.
    Except that it doesn't take 3 times longer to kill a mob....

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman76 View Post
    Except that it doesn't take 3 times longer to kill a mob....
    Maybe not 3 times longer, artistic license exaggeration for effect etc. But characters are nerfed mobs buffed and it does take longer.

They really didn't seem to take into consideration lower levels either with these mitigation nerfs - at low levels some light/medium armour classes are now almost impossible to play in some of the forced solo quests.

If they were trying to balance the game I feel that they have failed at the moment, they need to go back to the drawing board in my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tamlong View Post
    Maybe not 3 times longer, artistic license exaggeration for effect etc. But characters are nerfed mobs buffed and it does take longer.
    I'll call that a good thing.
    When my 60ish minstrel can one shot mobs it's too much damage.
    Haven't tried her yet since the patch and if I end up dead thanks to 2 mobs I'll join the train but the stats we lost really isn't game breaking so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Borken View Post
    Never thought I would do this with Lifer accounts but I have just told account support to delete them. The decline started with Rohan and ended yesterday for me. This now generic fantasy MMO lost its lotro feel years ago and wont get it back as WB's won't fund it anymore.
    You don't have the will power to just not log into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Omagadoff View Post

Then they slowly update after update trivialize landscape content and what is left from group content, so almost any kind of skilled gamers leave, leaving the game with mostly solo casuals who are used to 2 shotting mobs.

And now, when the game is left with a bunch of casuals, they nerf characters and buff mobs. Obvoiusly pissing off the only playstyle group that is still playing.

Where is the logic?

well they make the most money from the non-raid people. with limited resources they will focus on their money maker hence less raids. the classes are nerfed now because many were complaining about things being too easy. obviously it won't piss off the players still playing since they are the ones asking for it to be harder....

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    You don't have the will power to just not log into the game?
    That wouldn't make for such a dramatic statement.
    Not that I believe him anyways.

Its making statement from a lifer that has bought 2 collectors expansion packs with each expansion until Rohan, bought TP's to Buy relic removal scrolls which we used to get free every 10 levels of a legendary. Plus all the misc downgrades in support we paid for. I have lasted this long only becasue its Lotro, but after Mondays update they finally hit the final nail and I decided enough.

So ask your self:

when was the last time you had a GM actually help
    when did you not get rubber banding lag
    when did Lotro last Feel like Lord of the Rings, it hasn't since Moria for me.

Hello EU subscription 06/01/2011,

You are receiving this email to confirm your subscription cancellation.

Subscription Details:
    Type of Membership: LOTRO-Life
    Description: LOTRO-Life
    Price:

Your subscription will remain active until 6/3/2061 12:00:00 AM (GMT), until that time you may still make use of the subscription features.

If you did not elect to cancel your subscription, or feel this was in error, please contact the Turbine Support Center.

Sincerely,

Turbine Account Team
    As you can see just cancelling your account if a lifer does nothing, so I had to contact accounts to deal with it.

Where is the logic?
    I'll just leave this here:

[LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

when was the last time you had a GM actually help?

Last time I spoke to one. Was a very nice and helpful guy actually.

when did you not get rubber banding lag?

Yesterday, even if I was in the new sones filled with players.

when did Lotro last Feel like Lord of the Rings? it hasn't since Moria for me.

Again, Yesterday.... New drowned Isengard looked great.

Love your constructive feedback on how to improve the game btw. /sarcasm mode

This is so funny. Before every update, long-time/high level/uber-geared players complained about things being too easy. Granted, those players worked hard to get to that point. After this update, the Devs did something to address things being "too easy". Now we have to realign all of our ducks. Get them all in a row again, and move on. Kudos to the Devs. They gave people something to REALLY B**ch about this time. /laughing all the way to Mordor

They were buffed too much IMO but i think there is a nice middle ground we could come 2... doesnt have to be as easy as before.
    ~ WhiteTalpa ~

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTalpa View Post
    They were buffed too much IMO but i think there is a nice middle ground we could come 2... doesnt have to be as easy as before.
    Then bring some hard numbers.
    Not aiming at you specifically but most post today are just QQ and no mention of solutions, specs, level ranges, virtues, gear, food, strategy.
    If it's to difficult in the 45-55 range then specify that with a reason why and a possible way to fix it.
    Only played my 95s yesterday and that didn't really feel that much different, sure I took some more damage but nothing I can't adjust for in play style.

This is a valid complaint. They need to add traditional group content, like years ago. I realize they made a commitment with BB and want to see that through, if this is a sign of a change of direction where they are going to do this with everything, then that's a good thing, IMHO. At the same time there is nothing like a good old fashioned raid where players actually play their class in challenging content that requires team work and strategy. They need to strike a balance here.

I think this is somewhat accurate. I also think that an influx of casual solo players has occurred since F2P and Turbine went a little too far adjusting game play for the new majority. You can't really blame them for adjusting the game to try and please their customers, they are a business in it to make money; but again there needs to be a balance. I think that with Rowan back that this is starting to be addressed, as can be seen with U13.

First, all playstyles are still playing. There are still raiders, still PvPers, obviously still solo'ers and people who like a little bit of everything. This is easily seen by all the threads complaining that things are too easy, there not being enough raids and how PvP needs attention, ect. Everyone has complained and complained that everything was too easy, that their level 20s could solo T2Cs naked with a frying pan (I exaggerate, of course, but sadly not by much) and then when they make it harder what happens? People start complaining about how hard everything is. ### do you expect them to do? Seriously?

Where is the logic?
    The lack of logic is in the people who complain that it's too easy and everything is a faceroll then have the nerve to complain when they up the ante and made things more challenging. The lack of logic is not understanding, or not being willing to understand, that to strike a balance that everyone is happy with isn't going to happen on the first go. That it's going to take a few shots to find that balance everyone is happy with, if such a balance is even freaking possible.

It is pretty apparent that they are trying now. It is unrealistic and somewhat selfish to demand that they strike a balance that everyone, across all playstyles, is going to be happy with on the first go. Or the second, or even third. If they're making an honest effort and working on it, be happy that you're being heard and listened to for once.

Where is the logic?
    Not to mention, they make events that some of us like to do, then they change the rules AFTER the event is over, just to then stick their heads in the sand, and not having the guts to stand up and answer the questions that we ask them in support or forum

Its making statement from a lifer that has bought 2 collectors expansion packs with each expansion until Rohan, bought TP's to Buy relic removal scrolls which we used to get free every 10 levels of a legendary. Plus all the misc downgrades in support we paid for. I have lasted this long only becasue its Lotro, but after Mondays update they finally hit the final nail and I decided enough.

So ask your self:

when did Lotro last Feel like Lord of the Rings, it hasn't since Moria for me.

As you can see just cancelling your account if a lifer does nothing, so I had to contact accounts to deal with it.
    2 weeks ago
    Every day that I have played
    when did Lotro last Feel like Lord of the Rings
    Every day since the game was released
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

honestly, I think the things that will help is making some big battles that are offensive in nature. i.e. you win or you don't.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Sadly, I've been here since the beginning. I've put a VERY large amount of time into the game, along with over 200 hours JUST into the TonicBars plugin. But I have to agree that the Decline started with Rohan and mounted combat and it probably won't get back what it lost... something NOT boring, not the same as everything else... The game is Cookie Cutter now and that doesn't work.
    "Shepherds of the Forest" -- RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    honestly, I think the things that will help is making some big battles that are offensive in nature. i.e. you win or you don't.
    ^ This. I think the hint of a BB later in 2014 will focus on the taking of the corsairs with the army of the dead. That should be offensive in nature. Hopefully it will also make the vanguard line worth investing in.

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    Please no more BB (although I know there is at least one in the works), I want to play my class again, not an engineer or officer. A skirmish is preferable to a BB, but I'd prefer a proper instance.

Quote Originally Posted by praetorian6 View Post
    It is pretty apparent that they are trying now. It is unrealistic and somewhat selfish to demand that they strike a balance that everyone, across all playstyles, is going to be happy with on the first go. Or the second, or even third. If they're making an honest effort and working on it, be happy that you're being heard and listened to for once.
    So they have balanced things for 95s. It has done nothing for lower level characters, except gove less incentive to bother playing! They can balance the game for maybe 10% of players and say "That will do, let's see how that works out! Tough for any player under 65, but who cares about them anyway?" They sold a lot of us players XP Disablers specifically so we could stay at lower levels to appreciate the gameplay, questing stories, etc down there and now they rebalance the high level players and say bugger the lowbies, we got their TP in the form of Disablers? Great customer service! THEY MADE THE GAME WORSE WITH UPDATE 13!!! This is supposed to be encouraging?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast