We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Time to allow Cosmetics in the Moors?

With the new level-scaling the population of the Moors is (finally) getting a bump which was the whole point of it. However, Lowbies and Newbies are too easily ID'd by their terrible mis-matched and plain quest / crafted gear, leading to them getting frustrated and quitting before giving PvMP a fair shake. Solution? Allow outfits.

Originally (iirc) Cosmetics were not allowed in the Moors so a player couldn't "Disguise" themselves as a different Class, ie Tanks wearing Robes, Casters wearing Heavy armor, etc. With 7 years and a bajillion different cosmetic options added since then, who cares about outfits in the Moors as a tactic? You click on a target, you see their Rank (if they have one yet) and Class icons right there on the portrait. Creeps get multiple cosmetic options, and *none* of them confuse or distract Freeps other than the Rank skins which no longer need Rank to obtain. They were a great addition to Creepside and I say give Creeps more options/skins too.

I play both Freep and Creep and I admit to enjoying messing up the newbies yesterday as they were so easy to pick out from the crowd. After awhile I (almost lol) felt sorry for them. Simple fix. Allow cosmetics in the Moors.

Thoughts?
    [center][url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5955992nwnHM.png[/img][/url]
    [size=3][b][url]www.ShadowLotro.com[/url][/b][/size][/center]

I think this might add to the lag problems some people have.

Newbies will still be singled out and slaughtered, whether or not they are wearing different clothes.

More outfits, more data to be transferred, more impact on performance. Performance is not something in great supply in LOTRO.

Any items that all players wear are loaded when they come into range, how does loading a different set of files that are already on your computer going to slow anything down? And, of course, Lowbies will still be singled out by rank, actions, unfamiliar names, etc etc. My point is it's a simple thing that will help them from getting slaughtered so much right off the bat that they ragequit. I know Creeps want to feast on the influx of new flesh, no worries there as I'm among them lol. But the point is *keeping* them out there and improving the population, thereby making the Moors less of a ghost town as it is on most servers which is the entire point of the new level-scaling.

Creeps already have the advantage when it comes to the visual ID of threats - you pick out the people who aren't wearing Audacity gear. Freeps on the other hand have no idea how high Creeps Audacity is as it's a passive skill. And as annoying as that has been since the addition of Audacity, Freeps accepted it as we could still be viable (somewhat) against them since they're on-level and experienced in their skills.

I won't get into any other issues still prevalent out here, class balance, mitigations, morale pools, super healers, Op this Op that - as it's all been argued ad nauseum. I just want to keep lowbies interested enough to *stay* out in the Moors with us. More Freep lowbies enjoying the PvMP can and will translate into more people checking out Creepside as well. Balance is still a major issue, but the more people we have out here with us, the more attention the other issues will receive.

All of this is simply my humble opinions on the subject. =)
    [center][url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5955992nwnHM.png[/img][/url]
    [size=3][b][url]www.ShadowLotro.com[/url][/b][/size][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhonZ View Post
    other than the Rank skins which no longer need Rank to obtain.
    What do you mean?how i can take a higher rank skin?

Personaly i dont have any problem with freeps using cosmetics in moors i dont care what a freep is wearing,but if it taste good
    R12 spider Gosmith,R12 guard Gosmithh

Quote Originally Posted by Sakoals View Post
    Personaly i dont have any problem with freeps using cosmetics in moors i dont care what a freep is wearing,but if it taste good
    ^^This^^

I did choke a couple of times yesterday though while trying to munch on Hammerhand Shields. (The ultimate noob give-away?)

I agree that scaled freeps are too noticeable. I would suggest, if cosmetics won't work, to built out Freep PVP scaled armor to the same skins as the 95 armor to further hide their scalability.

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual

Seriously, scaled gear, what are we trying to say here? Work with me. If you going to go into battle, clash!

I have no issues with allows cosmetics into the Moors these days. I don't know if there is a real way to measure if cosmetics atop of gear, from a system standpoint, does or doesn't add latency. I can see the arguments both ways. But it would be fun to look cooler while grinding away out there.

I'd just wish the creeps could hear music when it is played.
    Founder, Leader - www.SonsOfNumenor.com