We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    Eww. I'll have to check if it's at the scholar's guild, some food items are apparently there. Thanks.

Edit: Scholar's guild has a recipe
    Yes, but the recipe for the flowers is rep gated as well. This is the first time Turbine blocks resources from a guild scholar. A slap in the face of every guild scholar and a very bad decision in my opinion...

There is now a small guide about how to use Tab, Shift and Alt for buying items in bulk beneath the Vendor window. Nice little addition to help new players
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Lots of really nice undocumented changes. The Herald one was a surprise, and should have been in the patch notes, since it was such a frequently-requested change.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Mitigations from virtues have been increased, probably to give players some flexibility to recoup the mitigation loss from stats (if they want to swap virtues to do so).

I haven't checked all of them yet, but I know what the values used to be on Innocence. For update 13, the physical mitigation from Innocence is 1.5x the old value, and the tactical mitigation is 2x the old value.
    Theofrid, Wyndriel, Wendros, Glydia, Halfrid, Fridward, Friddis, Fridli, Gondaglir

Quote Originally Posted by Robeauch View Post
    I haven't checked all of them yet, but I know what the values used to be on Innocence. For update 13, the physical mitigation from Innocence is 1.5x the old value, and the tactical mitigation is 2x the old value.
    A full list of the virtue changes is here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...hanged-virtues

Not just the mitigation on them was increased.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    The Captain herald armament cosmetic system has changed. Captains can now visit their trainer and use a new barter option where they can trade in their armaments for an item that can then be bartered for a skill specific to the type of herald + cosmetic. So, for instance, a captain can now get separate skills that summon the Oathbreaker Archer, War Herald, Victory Herald, or Hope Herald (four separate skills). The options are the same for the different Man, Woman, Lossoth (did you know there was a Lossoth herald? ), and Dwarf armaments. Hopefully this means we can get some new cosmetic styles in the future!
    Oh, wow. This is a fantastic change that I just noticed now... Now I can slot the archer of my choice AND equip a banner! Very happy captain, right here.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    There is now a small guide about how to use Tab, Shift and Alt for buying items in bulk beneath the Vendor window. Nice little addition to help new players
    This is not new. Before update 13, this was listed.

Creep foods (from the vendor) now last 10 minutes, up from 5 before.
    [COLOR=#800000]Various Hobbits, Thwilda the dwarf lass, and Gnersk, Stalker[/COLOR]

Did they add the finale for the Riders Four arc?

I can see them at Helms Deep on sunrise, but no quests. I remember they were going to the fords, but didn't find anything there either.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002232c7/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I don't know if this was this update or HD, as I didn't do any low level TP grinding until now, but I notice several of the bracelets in Ered Luin quests that gave +2 attribute bonuses are now +3. Also, it used to be the case that after completing the quests relating to Limael's Vineyard, I'd get a bottle of wine in the mail about the time I got to the mailbox in Duillond. That mail now doesn't occur.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanD View Post
    Did they add the finale for the Riders Four arc?

I can see them at Helms Deep on sunrise, but no quests. I remember they were going to the fords, but didn't find anything there either.
    I didn't notice the Four doing anything in particular during the Battles
    of Helm's Deep, but I was maximally confused during the entire process.
    That place NEEDS A MAP.

We do see the Four at the ground level after the battle. One of them is dead;
    the others aren't speaking.

Something else that wasn't in the patch notes (that I could see; maybe I skipped
    over it) was that "We Cannot Get Out" has been FIXED. One of my characters
    who'd been stuck behind it just did it ... with difficulty, because you gotta play
    a Champion and I don't know how: you have to get up close and intimate with
    the Orc or whatever, and I'm just not used to fighting without any kind of range.
    But I did it.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

[filikul]-You can no longer get Bright Emblems of Nimrodel from it.

This confuses me no end. Wonder what could be the point of this. Did the turtles lag the servers? Also - double the morale: again, what would be the point? Doesn't feel more epic because it takes another half minute to grind down - and now for no reward at all. Perhaps there is no longer a need to use nimrodels for the FAs at 21st. Must check.

Quote Originally Posted by Moln View Post
    Also, it used to be the case that after completing the quests relating to Limael's Vineyard, I'd get a bottle of wine in the mail about the time I got to the mailbox in Duillond. That mail now doesn't occur.
    I just did that set of quests on an alt today and got the wine mail.
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Aerynsol . 29 | Arestelle . 105 | Calairiel . 42 | Gwaewen . 41 | Iadessea . 26 | Magrith . 37 | Melaidhrin . 29 | Miraear . 28 | Muiriol . 105 | Nephra . 21 | Solina-1 . 33 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §

PvMP wait timer

I noticed that the 5 minute wait timer in PvMP is gone. You can switch sides now without waiting. Not sure how long ago that disappeared or if it was with this update.

Quote Originally Posted by Arestelle View Post
    I just did that set of quests on an alt today and got the wine mail.
    Yup, same, it just took another 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru View Post
    Oh, wow. This is a fantastic change that I just noticed now... Now I can slot the archer of my choice AND equip a banner! Very happy captain, right here.
    Just be careful what you produce for bartering. The barter options for expert level items are totally bugged at the moment.

Guardian: Mounted Combat

Rohans Edge is now triggered with the following attack.
    You have 20 or 30 seconds to to that.
    Before is was activated directly with your critical hit.

This should apply to all disciplines and types of horses.

(Only saw this on my light horse so far.)

• The cosmetically equipped Fisherman's Shirt and Waders on my Guardian are reduced to a shirt now. I want my effing pants back!
    • When you have multiple mails with attachments, don't be hasty: detaching the items too fast leads to "Too many requests. Please slow down!"

The sleeveless elven tunic now only shows dyed colors on the top, it uses the default color for the legs.

What's even stranger is that if you preview a dyed color on the tunic in the dressing room, the whole outfit is dyed as it should be, but when you drag it to the cosmetic outfit slot, it changes to dyed on top, default on the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShireDweller View Post
    The sleeveless elven tunic now only shows dyed colors on the top, it uses the default color for the legs.

What's even stranger is that if you preview a dyed color on the tunic in the dressing room, the whole outfit is dyed as it should be, but when you drag it to the cosmetic outfit slot, it changes to dyed on top, default on the legs.
    This happens for many of those cosmetic items, it happened my hunter's cosmetic chestpiece as well. But: the colour of the legs are NOT the default colour, the colour of the legs are the colour of whatever is in your leg slot! So you can just put any piece of legs in the cosmetic slot, of the desired colour, and get the old colours back!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathili View Post
    This happens for many of those cosmetic items, it happened my hunter's cosmetic chestpiece as well. But: the colour of the legs are NOT the default colour, the colour of the legs are the colour of whatever is in your leg slot! So you can just put any piece of legs in the cosmetic slot, of the desired colour, and get the old colours back!
    Thanks, I never would've figured that out on my own! I played around with it and got some really unusual color combinations.

Thank you! My guard got his pants back.

Can anyone shed any light on to why they thought it would be a good idea to remove the traits tab when you inspect someone? If/when I lead a raid, I do not want to have people who have 2 or 3 levels of virtues slotted, now I have no idea.

I was Bhorn, bhorn to be wild... dum-de-dum-de-dum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorn_EU View Post
    Can anyone shed any light on to why they thought it would be a good idea to remove the traits tab when you inspect someone?
    With Helm's Deep, the new trait and class revamps destroyed the inspection trait panel so that you could only see virtues.

Rather than fix the issue and update the inspection panel to show what tree/slots the player has equipped, Turbine took the simpler option of removing the panel entirely. A nuisance, but we can't change that.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

Wow, that's an extremely helpful tip, Mathili. Thanks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast