We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 101
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sulking in the Corner...
    Posts
    1,369

    U13 - Undocumented Changes

    -You can purchase 10 extra quest slots for 40 mithril coins.
    -You can buy 3rd age legendary items in the in-game store for 195tp.
    -You can buy promotion points in the in-game store for 395tp.
    -There are now 2 deeds for attaining promotion points, which award 2 trait points.

    Others?
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,583
    Guardian's Thrill of Danger when fully traited in yellow line took a massive nerf.

    Tooltip now reads : 5% chance to apply; Restores 2.5% of max morale.


    The skill previously would restore 2.5% of max morale on hit.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    -You can buy promotion points in the in-game store for 395tp.
    -There are now 2 deeds for attaining promotion points, which award 2 trait points.
    Others?
    How many promo points you get for 395tp ? Can you complete 2 new deeds this way ?

  4. #4
    You can purchase additional bag space in LOTRO Store. Item is called 'Inventory: +5 Slots' and increases available space in a bag by 5 slots. It costs 325 TP and you can purchase 3 items i.e. maximum upgrade is +15 slots. This is account wide purchase, so it affects all characters on all servers for given account.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    How many promo points you get for 395tp ? Can you complete 2 new deeds this way ?
    No way, Turbine would never allow that because it's pay 2 win, not convenience.

  6. #6
    Emerald shards are available from the skirmish vendor now.
    Theofrid, Wyndriel, Wendros, Glydia, Halfrid, Fridward, Friddis, Fridli, Gondaglir

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sulking in the Corner...
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    How many promo points you get for 395tp ? Can you complete 2 new deeds this way ?
    10 points per store purchase.

    Each of the two deeds require 100 promotion points for completion:
    Tier 1 = 100 points
    Tier 2 = 200 points

    I assume you can then buy all of the points from the store to complete the deeds.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

  8. #8
    The Shield of the Hammerhand (XP boost back slot item) and the Token of the Hammerhand (XP boost pocket item) didn't stack on Bullroarer to give +50% XP when both were equipped. I didn't test this with Derudh's Stone or the Outrider's Token on BR because neither was available in the in-game Store there, but I'd assume that those behave identically to the Token of the Hornburg and might be affected by the no-longer-stacking XP boni as well.

    I didn't test this on live since I'm a slow-leveller, but the Shield of the Hammerhand has had its boni split up in two portions (to prevent certain issues with the XP disabler that showed up on Bullroarer), so it is quite possible that on live equipping both items only gives +25% XP but it looks like you still get the old stacked boni because there's still two "XP boost" icons in your buff bar. Maybe a fast-leveller can test this and give feedback on whether they get +25% XP or +50% XP when both items are equipped.

    (And if two XP boost items combine to only +25% XP on live, I'm sorry, dear fast-levellers, but to me it is much more important that the Shield of the Hammerhand still gives its boni to IXP and Steed XP when the XP disabler is equipped at the same time, which was not the case on BR until the Turbine team took care of this issue.)
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

  9. #9
    No way, Turbine would never allow that because it's pay 2 win, not convenience.
    Seems like you are wrong:

    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    10 points per store purchase.

    Each of the two deeds require 100 promotion points for completion:
    Tier 1 = 100 points
    Tier 2 = 200 points

    I assume you can then buy all of the points from the store to complete the deeds.
    Thanks, that what I need.


    @Alex53: It is always two ways - grind 2 win or pay 2 win. Teens & kids can grind, cuz they got time, adults pay, cuz they have other bussiness. Nothing wrong with that.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    Seems like you are wrong:



    Thanks, that what I need.


    @Alex53: It is always two ways - grind 2 win or pay 2 win. Teens & kids can grind, cuz they got time, adults pay, cuz they have other bussiness. Nothing wrong with that.
    I understand that. I just resent it.

    I am an adult. When I was a kid, a teen, and for part of my adulthood it was always one way. The game was designed to be fun and you didn't take shortcuts, because that would be paying to miss out on that fun you paid for initially.

    What I resent mostly about pay to win is that the number one priority during development no longer seems 'how can this be more fun to keep people buying/subscribing', its now 'how can we design this to milk more cash from players'.

    Yes, its always been about making more money, but I want it to be indirectly through game quality, not directly through casino-style psychology.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    10 points per store purchase.

    Each of the two deeds require 100 promotion points for completion:
    Tier 1 = 100 points
    Tier 2 = 200 points

    I assume you can then buy all of the points from the store to complete the deeds.
    But on beta when tested the points from the store did not count towards the deed.
    Good Luck SSG.... May good fortune find you and bring this game to the place it deserves to be


    Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    But on beta when tested the points from the store did not count towards the deed.
    I only tested this once on beta & when I bought the points in the store, it showed up on the deeds.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    How many promo points you get for 395tp ? Can you complete 2 new deeds this way ?
    I thought that on beta there was a limit to the number of points you could purchase this way. Something like five purchases of 10 points each, so that neither deed could be completed solely by purchasing points from the store. I may very well be wrong on this as I didn't pay that much attention to it. Two trait points aren't going to make or break my characters either way.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Slough,UK
    Posts
    1,024
    The Fellbeast in Barad Gudur has recieved a huge speed buff and can now outrun even 10% coffee. He's also one-shotting light/mediums for 19k
    Last edited by Ellemere; Apr 15 2014 at 02:07 PM.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    400
    Looks like there is a new dye color; Steel Blue
    .
    -Exe of Silverlode (Landroval)
    Warden - Champion - Captain

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rohan
    Posts
    881
    The Captain herald armament cosmetic system has changed. Captains can now visit their trainer and use a new barter option where they can trade in their armaments for an item that can then be bartered for a skill specific to the type of herald + cosmetic. So, for instance, a captain can now get separate skills that summon the Oathbreaker Archer, War Herald, Victory Herald, or Hope Herald (four separate skills). The options are the same for the different Man, Woman, Lossoth (did you know there was a Lossoth herald? ), and Dwarf armaments. Hopefully this means we can get some new cosmetic styles in the future!
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

  17. #17
    Warden's are now hard capped at 20% for block, parry, and evade (only raw +% avoidances like sword bonuses go about this cap). Compared to 25% before the update. I'm unsure about other classes.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  18. #18
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Just a note, some of the new store items you list aren't undocumented. There listed in the 'new to the LOTRO Store' page as most new store items are each update.
    https://www.lotro.com/en/New-to-LOTRO-Store

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Just a note, some of the new store items you list aren't undocumented. There listed in the 'new to the LOTRO Store' page as most new store items are each update.
    https://www.lotro.com/en/New-to-LOTRO-Store
    Wouldn't it be easier to just add them to the patch notes? Or would that simply cause too much of an outrage from players?
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

  20. #20
    I didn't see it in the notes... maybe it was there, but Arrows now stick in to people / enemies, which is a nice touch.
    --

  21. #21
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to just add them to the patch notes? Or would that simply cause too much of an outrage from players?
    They have always been separated. I don't think it would cause outrage, but it's just how the two teams have done it to date.

  22. #22
    Some decorative clothings changed from unbound to b.o.a.

    (some ceremonial cloaks, decorative hauberk, i assume the versions, what you can find in treasure chests?? )


    Is this intended?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a0000000044cf/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Warden's are now hard capped at 20% for block, parry, and evade (only raw +% avoidances like sword bonuses go about this cap). Compared to 25% before the update. I'm unsure about other classes.
    My champ is capped at 20% parry, so I believe the caps for BPE were reduced to 20%. Heavy armour mit cap was reduced to 60% as well (down from 70%). You can still bypass this with any buff that adds a direct percent (like the sword passive bonus).

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    -You can purchase 10 extra quest slots for 40 mithril coins.
    -You can buy 3rd age legendary items in the in-game store for 195tp.
    -You can buy promotion points in the in-game store for 395tp.
    -There are now 2 deeds for attaining promotion points, which award 2 trait points.

    Others?
    So, I've looked throughout the store and there must be some hidden corner I'm not seeing because I can't find the 10 extra quest slots item. Where is it located?
    Don't vote for Sapience...vote for meeeee!!!!!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal, USA
    Posts
    6,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Exebius View Post
    Looks like there is a new dye color; Steel Blue
    Any idea what tier recipe this is? Haven't seen it yet on the AH.

    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

 

 
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload