We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where did you find your FA symbol?

Ran last night 10 skraids. Dropped 3 symbols: 2 from way of smith last boss loot(not chest!) 12 man skraid.

And you guys?

What tier out of interest?
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

Tier III, obviously. They don't drop from lower tiers.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Do you have to do skraids in order to get the chance at the drop?

As friends showed me the best way to get them would be to do Moria skraids at t3,the bosses there drop them fairly often.We were alternating between Way of Smiths and 21st and for example yesterday got 7 symbols out of 3 runs so I highly suggest those for farm.
    Tilimir ~ Crickhollow

----------------------------
    Last edited by Csomo; Apr 16 2014 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Too sensitive information

Only Raids?

So, there's no chance to get them in a tier 3 solo skirmish? The release notes don't specify. Is it only seen dropped in 12 man raids?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100002465a8/signature.png]Jubalum[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jubalum View Post
    So, there's no chance to get them in a tier 3 solo skirmish? The release notes don't specify. Is it only seen dropped in 12 man raids?
    Indeed there is not. Only Tier III skirmish raids, Big Battle platinum rewards, and a very small chance on Tier II raids.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

So... I have 4 already: Way of Smith T3 last boss loot. (no chest!)

Quote Originally Posted by Csomo View Post
    So... I have 4 already: Way of Smith T3 last boss loot. (no chest!)

Yep got mine from Way of the Smiths T3 the other night, now have a FA 2-handed sword for my cappy. 21st Hall last boss is a little harder so I'm seeing lots of PUGed WOS T3 in glff on Firefoot. Can anyone think of any other "boss-body" skraids we might try? WOS gets boring after that 4th or 5th run.

Anyone tried Prancing Pony? Protectors of Thangulhad troll? Drop rate seems to be about 1 symbol per 12 man run. I did see 2 drop in one run and then we have had cases of less than 12 people (10 man or 9 man) where none dropped.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000130169/01008/signature.png]Skythrond[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Indeed there is not. Only Tier III skirmish raids, Big Battle platinum rewards, and a very small chance on Tier II raids.
    Big Battle Platinum rewards? Solo/Duo or only the 12 man raid?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000130169/01008/signature.png]Skythrond[/charsig]

I got mine in Way of Smiths also, Tier 3. Nice side benefit is that the Moria skraids are helping finish off some remaining Moria slayer deeds.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by bcowan View Post
    Big Battle Platinum rewards? Solo/Duo or only the 12 man raid?
    A platinum reward is a platinum reward is a platinum reward. It doesn't matter what BB it comes from.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

Way of the Smiths T3 12-man seems to be the way to go. Seen one drop in every run, with the occassional two once in a while.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Galuhad | Narvelan[/B]
    Lore Breakers of Eldar[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/list.php?skinnerid=3762"]Plugins[/URL] | [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?538975-Accounts-for-New-Players"]New Player Guide[/URL] | [URL="http://www.twitch.tv/galuhad"]Twitch[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    Way of the Smiths T3 12-man seems to be the way to go. Seen one drop in every run, with the occassional two once in a while.
    Yeah, it seems this is the general consensus as Way of the Smiths now is run so often on my server it even got a 3-letter abbrivation in global

Be quick though, the extra-loot from this skirm has not been noticed before (who would run it without FA's dropping?) so it might classify as a bug and be removed like the BfE-dissaster...

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

I must be super unlucky... Yesterday I ran Necro and Ringwraths. Zero symbols.

Ran 4 Way of Smiths. One symbol.

6 skraids, 12 ppl, 1 symbol...
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Did yesterday four runs of Way of Smith T3. In first run dropped 3 symbols, 4 symbols in second, 1 symbol in third and zero in fourth. Got one symbol and four crystals myself.

Ran 4 or 5 WoS. I got one 1st age SEK, 1 crystal and 1 or 2 Celebrimbors. (Gave the elder king symbol to the raid leader/ex-kinnie-he deserved it for the patience to lead 5 pugs in a row!)

If I get another I'll keep that one even though I won't get a new first age set up as well as my current second agers before the next update on this character-she doesn't have buckets of shards, medallions or TPs. And she heals mostly. So it isn't that necessary. But new Shinies are always nice!
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by hncwagner32 View Post
    Do you have to do skraids in order to get the chance at the drop?
    No.
    I got 1 from bb duo and 1 from a t3 raid, prob wos.

Partner and I duo'ed t3 12 man necro gate and received.......ta da........relics ><

Got mine for Way of the Smiths t3 raid. Plus I got a second age symbol as well haha

Rimenuir r6 Hunter, And a bunch of low leveled toons. Kin:Guardians of the Forsaken Woods

Lumfatnur r8 warg, Lumfratur r6 BA, Lumleads r5 wl. Tribe: In Breeds

Got mine from Way of Smiths on the second run. Then I stopped running the skraids because if its that easy to get a first age there's clearly no point in one

Quote Originally Posted by warthogonfire View Post
    Got mine from Way of Smiths on the second run. Then I stopped running the skraids because if its that easy to get a first age there's clearly no point in one
    UNfortunately you are quite correct, the funny thing is that there is/was no mention in this thread about OD Disease Wing, even though it has been taken down now due to being farmed excessively for 1st agers.
    Personally I regularly saw 4 or 5 1st age symbols drop in there before it came down which makes a joke of the Loot table saying they are Very Rare in Raids!

All pretty irrelevant anyway as the OP suggests they are not needed for current game, I mean c'mon End Game is the Fail BB system, does a 1st ager help you direct engineers or officers any better?

If they ever take their heads out of the sand and give us Raid content again then 1st agers will have a purpose once more...and hopefully be at least as hard to obtain as they were at 75

Yesterday I got 2 FA Symbols. One from WoS (already got three out of this skirm having done it 18 times) and one from a three-man Glittering Caves as a reward for a side quest.

In fact I'm not impressed at all as they seem to drop like candy.
    My first FA Minstrel songbook I gave away as a present cause the legacies were not useful and I already got my second symbol.
    For me its harder to get Medaillons and Seals because noone is doing anything else than WoS.
    What a pity
    I still remember getting my first Lvl 65 FA symbol. They were rare and you had to do a great job with your raid to have a chance to get them.
    I was happy the whole day and even the day after.

Today I just say: Oh! Nice.
    Alt-o-holic on two Worlds:
    Usually playing on Gwaihir and enjoying Landroval.
    HakunaMatata

I got an FA symbol from Barad Guldur raid. Three dropped actually but I gave mine away to the other raid member since she spent 4 hours on the raid and I only joined on the last boss.

On one of the best BB runs ever I got a gold earring, gold bracelet, and FA symbol for my duo mate.

WOS run.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000001516a6/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

100 Warden, 48 Hunter, 44 Champ, 42 Loremaster, 39 Runekeeper, 40 Burg, 36 Mini, 33 Guard