We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Too squishy

Quote Originally Posted by Humbabumba View Post
    Anything with physical mitigation. Champs and huner relay mostly on crit rating. Kill em first. If its getting to tough, go blue.
    Gee, that means I'll have to go through all that virtue and number hassle again?
    I admit, that's one of my weak points... all that number crunching and what virtue to use for what skill and stuff a) confuses me completely and b) the try to read deeper into the matter immediately put me to sleep, cause it was absolutely boring - like the econimics part of the newspaper or some legal stuff.
    I'm an oldschool player since many years and through a lot of games - hunters need dex and agility, champ morale, vitality and strength and to Mordor with the rest of it all, I don't understand it anyway...

I wanna play a game, not go into science or something.

Not a happy camper right here
    ~ Huntress reincarnated ~

I am mostly in favour of the changes. On my hunter, I have to think about which mobs to pull, when to apply CC skills, and when to pause to eat food or self-heal before leeroying mindlessly on. This has always been how to play hunters, and always should be.

Two minor quibbles: Fate now is a truly overpowered stat, and vitality is now pretty darn meaningless for a non-tank without *some* contribution to mits (perhaps 0.5 pmit/tmit per vit, and/or better contribution to ICMR?).

But the situation is a HECK of a lot better than Update 12.

Incidentally, for virtues, consider Idealism. No, really. For all classes.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Well, all you need to do, is to open jour char panel virtue page, point mouse over virtues, look where are the mitigstions, and slot what seems useful.

There id really no need to go really specific. Just around 50 to 60% phys, 45% plus tacticsl, for raids only. Now some crit defence.
    As of offensives, crit first, finesse, mastery. Walk to ah. Look is there something nice for your toons. Probably 50% of good stuff o have found on ah. Some for 400 silver.

And when it all falls to places, toon mskes that nice shing -shing whoomp, that makes me smile. That cant be too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    But I think the gear/virtues make all the difference here. 11.5K morale vs 23K, so +100%, it is huge !
    I have mainly crafted cyan gear and instances gear, which are easy to get actually (AH, or even free on GLFF on my main server)
    You can cap easily Phys.Mit to 60% and you can increase Critical Defence to 50%+ with some tanking gear
    With that, 92 or 95 landscape mobs cannot kill me (except Macsen (92), which is a raid warband, difficult to solo)
    95% red-line traits, pre-update I had around 70% Phys.Mit and 0% Crit.Def and was fine. With the change, that's come down to 52% Phys.Mit and still 0% Crit.Def, and I'm getting slaughtered. That's with virtues that already have Phys.Mit, although admittedly they're not very high-level. Plus, if I wanted to load up massively on Defence, I would have levelled my Guardian up, not my Champion...

I refuse to buy gear off the AH (that's what ruined Diablo3 for me), so I'll only use what I can loot or craft myself - I prefer the sense of achievement that comes with that! So, yes, my gear could do with improving, but it seems it makes a HUGE difference now, compared to pre-update - that's why I'm now going back and getting a few crafting-guilds to max-rep, so I can craft myself some improved gear. Will also have a look at virtues again, as I can probably improve some of those quite easily, I've never had to bother until now (which is why some of them are still below L10).

The gear in ah is sold for inggame money, the same you pay for stabelmasters. And there is also rep vendors. And in Skirmish camp there are marks meds bracelets with might vit finesse and crit rating.Lvl 90 ! Items. Used em pre hd jewellry. Iday some crit defence makes a difference. Id think it would be physicly impossible to meto run all instas to gear my toons. Ah helps alot

Having to plan my pulls again and know when to use the right skill instead of just mashing 1-4 until everything is dead is a good thing, I missed this. I'm personally happy that it is no longer as easy as it had become.
    Council Of The West On Evernight

Runesi

Quote Originally Posted by Humbabumba View Post
    The gear in ah is sold for inggame money, the same you pay for stabelmasters. And there is also rep vendors. And in Skirmish camp there are marks meds bracelets with might vit finesse and crit rating.Lvl 90 ! Items. Used em pre hd jewellry. Iday some crit defence makes a difference. Id think it would be physicly impossible to meto run all instas to gear my toons. Ah helps alot
    Yep, I know it's in-game money for the AH, but it's just a principle-thing. Doing skirmishes to get the Marks/etc to buy kit would be OK, as that's at least something I've achieved rather than just flat-out bought - although I would have to level my soldier up a fair bit as they're still sat at L75-ish. Will have a look what's available at the skirmish camps, over the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    I am mostly in favour of the changes. On my hunter, I have to think about which mobs to pull, when to apply CC skills, and when to pause to eat food or self-heal before leeroying mindlessly on. This has always been how to play hunters, and always should be.

Two minor quibbles: Fate now is a truly overpowered stat, and vitality is now pretty darn meaningless for a non-tank without *some* contribution to mits (perhaps 0.5 pmit/tmit per vit, and/or better contribution to ICMR?).

But the situation is a HECK of a lot better than Update 12.

Incidentally, for virtues, consider Idealism. No, really. For all classes.
    This has never been the way to play hunter - differences in opinion/experiences with a class? Shocking! =) For the baby game, nothing works unless you have the best of the best crit craft gear - out of power in dense areas, out of morale too fast with three mobs. That's landscape junk! From decent cap 65 and now back to some dreadfully slow -stop/move/stop/move- I don't even have out of combat regen when moving (yes, blue line mostly).

There should be no need to hang around for ages with landscape deeding -´nothing feels more epic because it takes longer. I get seriously bored, it's like stunland all over: no flow at all.

BUT I added all lootbox jewelry, all lootbox weapons, I was given buff food and I was given the very best available crit craft armor and cloak for my low level - and after this, the game became half OK again. I don't stop because I', out of power and potion CD is still half way. I don't get near death unless I have three bleeds on me.

HOWEVER if I was running the content on-level in available quest rewards, the game would not be playable without doing as you say: stop stop stop stop. Finally we had some good flow and a super nice feel and you could focus on the story and BLAM all characters all levels get same dreadful nerf in a pile on top of their heards and the game got slow, clunky and all you see on your way through the story is where the next red dot is on minimap.

NO no no no. Not good. We can't cater to the perfectly-geared. We cannot do that. It is not a good way forward to have a clique of elite whiners pooping on the beginners. The low level game must see a change, the current nerf is decidedly worse than any change to the game I experienced.

Every change to the game, I rolled a new character just to see what the game is like - from the bottom up. I adapt and play and have fun. I adapted and am playing and am having fun now as awell but ONLY because I was able to dump 50 gold into the character to get a smooth game experience. Which reminds me...new char is 40 in one more short level and I'be only gathered melee weapons forit yet...and one lootbox ring...and it needs better food and I must tier scholar again to get proper buff scrolls for the level. And fresh armor set so I can get the FEM one (but ofc that's underpowered compared with any crit set, has a lot of bad and useless stats so I think I'll poke about for a crit set crafted again). Means another pile of gold due to be wasted for a pleasant game experience without the stop stop stop stutter.

Don't claim that hunter is all about standing still regenerating. Never!

I too play a squishy as my main, (lm/rk), and i say its about time we are squishy again.
    I noticed damage from poisons,wounds disease etc now give my toon a battering and so they should, makes me think a little harder again.

I am so tired of lms and rk , minis running ahead of the tank in instances. It made the instances not fun, just farms and something that had to be done in 2.35 minutes or else!

Change your play style, learn to play your class with something other than red line aoe burn everything as fast as possible, slow things down some, put some strategy into it.

I really have no clue, whatsoever, how this happend. Ppl in beta probably would have some juicy story to tell, but what in beta stays inbeta.

As for most players i have spoken to in game, asked for challnge In Raids and In Instances. Some new raid.
    Somewhat experienced player, rolling 4th char to 95 from 85, i think can still rollstopmwhoomp anything on the map. If not solo, grouping up and still steamroling jackooting. Actually, limlight gore monsters where only ones to be taken serioucly on95 hunter pre update, as of stuns.

Edit. As on foot. As of not counting Isengard Gateneepers.

Now, what came out is like alamoust the opposite. Ppl started to have issues on the map. Interesting..

There is challenge now. Thats not bad. Isit in right place, balanced? I dont know.
    Mantra:-) And any challenge in game is better then non.:-) Overcoming the challenge is the games core value, as experience goes.

I will not forget any time soon, how i runned to rifr, on map, on foot, on level, on first toon. When i g8t there, i thinked i musg be the worst champ in the world, if i have to kite so much and so long. And was even abit embarassed that i could not dps the monstwrs down. Surely i was doing something wrong and i badly needed l2p. I remeber it because it was challenge. One wrong move and you wake up in mountaintop circle, far, far away.

Raiders, in raid in good group with voice coms, still can go afk in t3 skirm. Our main tank needed to look at kids. I just tooked over on a champ. And we were 7 man in necro gate. So it seems yeah abit funny. I have been loudmouth and short fused in this game for some issues at somepoint. But this isnt time or place for blamegame, or wenting my personal oppinion. Its no help, other then listening to my own voice. Really.

Its about what we cn do here and now. Tonight when we log in.

We can give good advice, things to look into.
    A quick helpout if its really bad. Godallmighty 95 opening barrows insta for some ppl.

And still, some challenge is better then none.

Some classes at some levelsmay have gotten it worse then others. Lets not forget it.

So all we can do is Hows an Whys and tricks of the trade, to mend the situation and keep gaming Fun!
    Lets do that:-)
    Last edited by Humbabumba; Apr 16 2014 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Yes, exactly.
    With my Hunter after HD, I could tank 6-man T2C with a friend Ministrel and her insane heals, completely ridiculous !
    I did not retry but I hope this is not possible anymore
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 16 2014 at 07:06 AM.

Angry

My champ is my main raiding character and seems to be okay for soloing/raiding but she is fully traited/equipped. My level 87 captain alt, however, is not okay. Just by solo killing two level 85-86 orcs and uruks (lower level than me), I was dismounted from my war steed and clobbered to death within seconds of being dismounted. I do not have my traits all the way up, but I do not need to for every alt I do not intend to take raiding. The mounted uruk (who was 2 levels lower than me) was hitting me for 1500-1700 damage PER HIT. I think for LotRO's main audience now of casuals, this is unacceptable. I am linking a screenshot of my combat log below.

I agree that the game was too easy before Update 13, but I think the lever was thrown a bit too far. From what I hear of light armour classes dying in seconds, and then to see my HEAVY class taken down by underleveled mobs, this is not pleasant and not fun.

-Laer

Cyrdil 105 Champion
    Laeronis 100 Hunter
    Laeored 100 Warden
    Aralon 100 Lore- Master
    Alaeris 100 Captain
    Faeldas 100 Minstrel
    Belaronde 80 Guardian
    Laeronthal 80 Hunter
    Ilixyr 60 Champion
    Cellaera 67 Burglar
    Asrodil 80 Rune- keeper
    Baby Beorning

Quote Originally Posted by laeron2000 View Post
    The mounted uruk (who was 2 levels lower than me) was hitting me for 1500-1700 damage PER HIT. I think for LotRO's main audience now of casuals, this is unacceptable. I am linking a screenshot of my combat log below.
    So, there seem to be a big difference if you're 95 or not (probably your Phys. Mit is not = 60% at this level)
    In T2 skraids, most of hits I receive from LTs are only ~-1000 ! (Common damage, some rare ones do more with Tactical damage)
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 16 2014 at 07:43 AM.

Must say, this uruk looks strangely familiar. Atleast once one of my chars had runin with em, infront of Edoras, over the river. Preupdate, result was same. Only thing to do is to stay out of melee range. Cant say are they part of raid warband, wich is as bad there, but this hsppend to me alaready preupdate. Well, update seems to not have improved this in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Artanisul View Post
    My champ has been 95 for weeks and still isn't even close to 23k....or even 15k....
    Honesty isn't one of the new must have virtues...but is still nice to slot in real life.
    Evidence of morale-Castorix morale 22,888
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOe0yZc2oms
    I think you should apologise for that crack about honesty. And then enjoy the show-it's pretty good to watch

Here is some more evidence.

Minstrel thread-screenshots of quickslots showing morale. My morale is one of the lowest for 95s at nearly 15K. several 95 minstrels are higher. None of us build exclusively for morale because we self heal.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...94#post7140194

The reason people thought it was easy: watch below 2 classes soloing six mans-there are dozens of these vidoes. There's a whole thread in the guardians forum devoted to soloing 6 mans and raids. Heck I could get to first boss in library with no effort and I am not a good solo dpser.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Ky6IGKUhg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRD_wPPETrE

hunter soloing a 3 man in february after the first damage increase to mobs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4a07JDVhOs

It is still too easy in instances at 95 but i like the landscape level of difficulty-it's not as slow as before RoI/Rohan but it does need some attention to what I am doing. This helps me feel immersed. Our character is part of the game-play and if he or she is venturing into the wilds of middle earth they should find it a bit too scary to just stand in the wilderness for ten minutes, while we go afk, in my opinion. Otherwise it's a mindless point and shoot-and I don't like those. But I understand if some people prefer to zone out and click mobs away as their fun. Personally my 45 RK in crafted and quest gear, and my teal geared 95 minstrel are having no trouble with anything on level after I changed my skill uses a bit and adjusted some stats.

The problems with the current solution?
    What ChromiteSwiftpaw said

Umm... you do realize that there are two different sets of people, right? (Well, most likely there's more types but here's the two main ones)

1) People who wanted it to be harder are happier now because it's a bit more challenging but still not happy with the way they went about the changes because they knew it would mess up lower levels and itemization. Things still need to be a bit more difficult but the mitigation & itemization options need to be fleshed out at all levels in order for it to be done right.

2) People who liked the super easy Helm's Deep 3 button "boom boom dead" playstyle and didn't want it to get harder. They are likely upset now because it's no longer as easy as it was. The thought of having to gear themselves a bit better (i.e. decent crafted gear, using better weapons or properly set up Legendary Items, etc.) may not be favorable or fun to them.

Tweaks like this need a constant feedback loop that we don't really get much of in Bullroarer testing. The developer needs to tweak stuff and then it needs to be immediately tested and given feedback on by people who actually play the game and know what it should be like at certain levels. Then they need to take that feedback and offer suggestions and everyone should agree on it that it sounds like a good idea... then make changes.
    Finally re the feedback
    Could the unhappy please stop attacking Beta testers and 95s and raiders? No player designed the HD trees, or the items with massive vitality and therefore massive mitigations, or the low dps of mobs that resulted from half their attacks not affecting us (70% in heavy classes case) or the stupid high dps and crits for many classes, and certainly not the 15K heals. Many of the 95s and raiders and beta testers argued this change was not the best solution for the ease of play, especially for casual and lower level players. I am sure the developers have their reasons. Many things about my minstrel's trait tree make more sense now.

But different classes and levels and players are affected differently.

If it's too hard you/I have 4 choices
    1.-Try to improve your build in the ways suggested-that means the challenge of learning how the game works at a character build level-not simply at a skill pressing level. Some people actually enjoy this
    Or there's just asking in your class thread, or kin following the instructions. Or inspecting a random player who seems to be doing ok, and copying their virtues/gear. (I did this on my first minstrel.)

2.-Decide you can't be bothered with all that stat and virtue and armour stuff and die a bit more often. Or attack light blue mobs instead. And level a bit more slowly until it is adjusted again. If it is adjusted again.

3.-Provide persuasive data on why it is too hard-like the combat analysis and screenshot in the post above. This helps the parses and data crunchers identify where the damage-taken curve or the mob damge done went out of whack so it can be tweaked. Balance is done all the time -this is different because it involves a major stat change. Mobs have done a range of changing damage in various areas over a long time but the changes have often been tweaks.
    Give the devs some actual data-your morale, power, stats from your character stat page and a screenshot. But try to follow the suggestions about armour and virtues.

4-Do nothing and decide if you want to keep playing. If you are a subscriber with money and/or have lots of time invested in the game, this is hard decision and you have my sympathy. I feel the same way about BBs being the only group content on the horizon.

So I hope the unhappy people choose 1 and 3. That will improve things for everyone, I hope.
    Last edited by Calta; Apr 16 2014 at 08:06 AM.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Wait, let me get this straight.....

Before, we were complaining that the game was too easy mode...which it was...a tad bit.

Now, there are some people who are complaining that the game is too difficult and they are dying after 3 hits?

o.O

Come on guys, make up your minds!

Seriously, I would rather like to have the game a bit on the harder side to give us a challenge and make it fun...but not to the point where we can't get anything done in the game solo or that we have to find a group just to do ANY landscape quests...ah...that's just not happening.

I told you guys before....

Be careful what you wish for.
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

~ Bilbo Baggins * J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Easy solution: return landscape mob-difficulty to what it was pre-update, keep instance/skirmish/raid mob-difficulty as it is now.

Then, the more casual/social players amongst us don't need to worry about grinding the best gear/virtues/food/etc and can get back to having fun outside of organised instances...

So, there seem to be a big difference if you're 95 or not (probably your Phys. Mit is not = 60% at this level)
    In T2 skraids, most of hits I receive from LTs are only ~-1000 ! (Common damage, some rare ones do more with Tactical damage)
    That!

If id apply seeking blade, with low crit build, and i probaby miss, but data, damage from bosses in raids and random uruks hitting harder on map,

- is that intentional, or messed up? There have been mistakes, skills applying effect 10k or 40k more then intended. It sounds nuts, but do map creatures hit according skirm t3 boss damage tables, and raid bosses dealing out misty mountain goblins damage table?

As i recall from yesterday, 70% of damage 95 guard took in t3 skirms, way of smithd was fire, means i stood in fire. My bad, srry. But the rest of it was pretty meaningless, spikes from tact aoe where there, but still. Uruks in map dealing more then liutenants in T3 sounds abit off to me. Ofc, this is guessin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekremiah View Post
    Easy solution: return landscape mob-difficulty to what it was pre-update, keep instance/skirmish/raid mob-difficulty as it is now.
    But instances/skirmishes/raids are a lot too easy at level cap (e.g., my worst Alt, a 95 Guardian, with 85 gear & 65 LIs, no stat tomes, can still solo most of 6-man instances : abnormal
    (it just takes time as I have no DPS with 65 LIs))
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 16 2014 at 08:10 AM.

I must say there my 95 warden does seem a bit squishier I ran a couple sch/lib solo which I usually roll through pulling all mobs into a corner and destroying them but my first run doing this I actual died !!!!! WTH lol but makes it a lot more fun again actually planning fights instead of just smashing into everything and surviving.
    Withywindle Freeps Rildok R8 LM, Meglatron R7 capt, Eldalorm R6 RK, Rildoc R7 Warden, Meglathan R5 Hunter, Rildock R5 Mini, Megolopops R5 Champ, Megaflop R5 Burg, Megasorearse Guard, Meglabear Beorn.

My opinion after a few hours to play :
    - Tried solo Halls of night t2 with my 95 champ, in U12 I could manage very easily to get to the first 2 bosses (and beating them was possible but required to be cautious of what I was doing). In U13, I've been surprised to be beaten by the spirits because I went to in melee without thinking... Haha
    - In Isengard's deep (the new zone), I was pleased to see the signatures orcs/uruks to hit me and make my morale go to 2/3, and needed to many skills to kill them.
    - We did an Ost Elendil with somme kinnies (1 warden, 2 lm and my champ).. So we had some heals from the warden (conviction) and by one lm (water lore)... The instance was easy but I had too not over aggro the cargul (because he hit me for some 2k to 5k damage).

The balance of the game has made good progress, we at least need to cure/pot our poisons/disease because it can be harmful, we need to let the tank do his jobs, we need to position a little better. Sorry for people who get in troubles, but you should :
    - Consider traiting some virtues for more survivabilty when solo.
    - Use everything skills that can debuff/control your ennemies.
    - Position and engage wisely, kite ennemies if possible.
    - If your gear is little low, you should try to get appropriate gear at skirmish camp/craft/AH.
    - And the most important, you should ask other players... Many are willing to help you if asked nicely.

But instances/skirmishes/raids are a lot too easy at level cap (e.g., my worst Alt, a 95 Guardian, with 85 gear & 65 LIs, no stat tomes, can still solo most of 6-man instances : abnormal
    I've not run an instance for a very long time; I think the last one was back in the days of Radiance, from memory - but, in that case, return landscape difficulty to pre-update levels and tweak instances/raids to provide a decent challenge to those who actually want (and have the time) to run them.

EDIT: not quite as long ago as I thought, I think the last ones I ran were the likes of Foundry & Roots of Fangorn.
    Last edited by Ezekremiah; Apr 16 2014 at 07:59 AM.

We need a Big Sticker, saying:

Please take notice: Everybody have now raid gear. It is so.

Blue helmet from book with evade on it, its one of best in game for tanking.
    Crafted gear: best in game.
    Crafted jewellry, only HD sets sre better, optainable in solo.
    1st and 2nd agers, forvecerybody.
    Lvl 90 jewllry with 1k finesse, 799 crit, pretty good, plenty ppl in raids with em.
    Skirm camp items lvl 90= starter raid gear.
    Ah full of cheap looted armor.
    Will and agly class items: basicly free or 400 silver.

I do raid with 3rd ager legendarys. Because i want specific upper stats. Dps stat difference with 2nd and 3rd ager currently alaoust meaningless. Just legacys i need, to max and heal, dps, tanking items separatly. Takes just some effort.

Only thing raiders usually have, is high virtues. Again, some solo players also have em. Some players are picture perfect, and never group.

So there is no division in gear, that i have seen so far raider vs nonraider. Only thing there is, it lvl 85, or up to your level.

Virtues, well noone cant do em for noone. Well... actually, ppl have taken turns in sometimes, put on follow and have coffe break. Thats not needed anymore, as every raid you go, progresses deeds.

My point is, there is no magic raiding gear yhat makes you special. NONE.

All can have it, if you put effort in. Same about virtues.
    Last edited by Humbabumba; Apr 16 2014 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekremiah View Post

Then, the more casual/social players amongst us don't need to worry about grinding the best gear/virtues/food/etc and can get back to having fun outside of organised instances...
    I Support this.
    ~ WhiteTalpa ~

Warbands (in landscape) are also too easy : I just tested Bethan with my Guardian, a 95 "raid" WB with 1M morale, which was a joke (like Bosnauk, worse) : it is just a bit harder because I cannot go afk anymore, but she should not be soloable by a bad geared 95 Guardian...

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast