We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: US RP servers

Hybrid View

US RP servers

So I'm working on creating a backstory for my character so I can start RP'ing with him, and I was wondering, what's the best/most popular RP server in the US?

I will be RP'ing a Ranger of the North, if that makes any difference.

Also, this is the first character I've ever RP'd with, if that matters. I'm planning at the moment to start out with light to medium RP, and test the waters, so to speak, before perhaps moving up to heavy RP. Thanks!

Of the two official RP servers, Landroval has a lot of North American players, and Laurelin has a lot of European players. But for what it's worth, I'm an American playing mainly on Laurelin (though I have characters on Landroval as well) and it's always plenty active when I log on. They both have good communities, although I think Landroval might have a slightly bigger population, if that makes a difference to you.
    Last edited by missadler; Apr 14 2014 at 10:13 PM.

I play both as well and here's my take:

*Laurelin has more people that tend toward hewing more strictly to canon Tolkien.
    *Landroval RPers tend toward a little more 'free-form' RP, that is there seems to be a great deal more DnD style fantasy roleplay going on. (Largely in the portrayal of elves and dwarves...There are people on Laurelin who have an aneurysm when i bring up Landroval).
    *Landroval tends to have more people - especially during the peak North America playing times.

Quote Originally Posted by missadler View Post
    Of the two official RP servers, Landroval has a lot of North American players, and Laurelin has a lot of European players. But for what it's worth, I'm an American playing mainly on Laurelin (though I have characters on Landroval as well) and it's always plenty active when I log on. They both have good communities, although I think Landroval might have a slightly bigger population, if that makes a difference to you.
    Yeah, seconded--I picked Laurelin when I decided to switch over to an RP server, and as an American I never find it to be dead. I think there's a pretty big American population there.
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white: Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.