We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 80

Thread: Nerfed to bad.

  1. #26
    I have a completely different take on the situation than most folks on this thread.

    1. Right now is non-representative of what is going to happen in 2 weeks when freeps get their 1st age and new jewelry. Sorry, but thats a fact. We've seen this behavior before. Until the rest of the freeps come back its going to be a GV camp. (Which I hate and just don't attend.)
    2. How many of the freeps were grouped up? Probably none. Of course its going to take more work to kill creeps at GV.
    3. Defiler healing: The normal freep raid has been composed of 60% healing classes with all other classes having native heals as well. We commonly fought raids of 5-8 minis, 6 cappies, 4 rk/lm in previous weeks. It was a hopeless fight to punch dps through that. Last week I watched 24 ranked creeps wipe to 18 freeps multiple times due to cross healing, usually with no kills on the creep side. (Very demoralizing.) Now that the defiler can crossheal effectively with warleaders, you claim this is broken. I would suggest that once you get your freep raids put back together then we can see if the sides are balanced.

    Dainbrammaged 12 defiler

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Teldra View Post
    I have a completely different take on the situation than most folks on this thread.

    1. Right now is non-representative of what is going to happen in 2 weeks when freeps get their 1st age and new jewelry. Sorry, but thats a fact. We've seen this behavior before. Until the rest of the freeps come back its going to be a GV camp. (Which I hate and just don't attend.)
    2. How many of the freeps were grouped up? Probably none. Of course its going to take more work to kill creeps at GV.
    3. Defiler healing: The normal freep raid has been composed of 60% healing classes with all other classes having native heals as well. We commonly fought raids of 5-8 minis, 6 cappies, 4 rk/lm in previous weeks. It was a hopeless fight to punch dps through that. Last week I watched 24 ranked creeps wipe to 18 freeps multiple times due to cross healing, usually with no kills on the creep side. (Very demoralizing.) Now that the defiler can crossheal effectively with warleaders, you claim this is broken. I would suggest that once you get your freep raids put back together then we can see if the sides are balanced.

    Dainbrammaged 12 defiler
    The one thing I'd take issue with here is "2 weeks when freeps get their 1st age and new jewelry." The very lucky ones might get theirs in the first two weeks, but for many people, it's likely going to be several months or not at all. Why? Because so many people have left the game, and it's gotten much harder to find ppl to group with. The kin I'm in is the largest on the server. I used to log in, and there would be at least 12 people online. I log in now, and it's 3 to 5. Most of the people I used to group with are now playing a different game. Get these items from BBs? I've been doing BBs for nearly five months now and have cashed out on platinum many, many times. Results? Two duplicate items; a total of three gold drops. Skirms as a source for these items? Perhaps. But again, you're likely talking about several months to get one with low drop rates.

    If I was to bet, I'd say it will take most freeps 2 to 3 months to get an FA and a couple of the new gold jewelry pieces. I'd also bet that in 2 to 3 months, 10 to 15 percent of the peeps now playing freep will be gone, and playing another game.


    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 9 Defiler

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minnesota,USA
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Teldra View Post
    I have a completely different take on the situation than most folks on this thread.

    1. Right now is non-representative of what is going to happen in 2 weeks when freeps get their 1st age and new jewelry. Sorry, but thats a fact. We've seen this behavior before. Until the rest of the freeps come back its going to be a GV camp. (Which I hate and just don't attend.)
    2. How many of the freeps were grouped up? Probably none. Of course its going to take more work to kill creeps at GV.
    3. Defiler healing: The normal freep raid has been composed of 60% healing classes with all other classes having native heals as well. We commonly fought raids of 5-8 minis, 6 cappies, 4 rk/lm in previous weeks. It was a hopeless fight to punch dps through that. Last week I watched 24 ranked creeps wipe to 18 freeps multiple times due to cross healing, usually with no kills on the creep side. (Very demoralizing.) Now that the defiler can crossheal effectively with warleaders, you claim this is broken. I would suggest that once you get your freep raids put back together then we can see if the sides are balanced.

    Dainbrammaged 12 defiler
    1. lets see here I have my first age and the difference is a whopping 225.1 dps-95 2nd age to a Awesome 235.1 DPS 95 1st age. jewelery, what jewelery? the hd Epic gold jewelery that rarely will ever drop that has no mitigation on it? meanwhile most freeps have gone with RoI gear because it has tactical and physical mits and that's the only way to get physical mit once your virtues are all capped and you dropped the morale stacking.

    2. this I will agree with, a defiler/wl/2spiders/ and a ba were holding 9 freeps in gv last night until we grouped up and wiped them out then went to grams to meet 3 defilers 4 wls 2 bas a spider 2wargs and a reaver stay within Grams shots. yup that was awesome ./log off (eventually itll be a 5-1 ratio of defilers in the moors)

    3. Here we go Creep goggles the Normal Freep Raid 5-8 minis- 6 cappies 4 rk/lm

    question was were all of them healing or were some of them in War speech which has jack for healing groups useless traitline really.
    6 cappies now in a perfect world 2 cappies yellow 2 blue 2 red but somehow I doubt that, and if theres oath breakers on you that cappy isn't healing the raid, yellow ones do no damage, but they have that annoying bubble that can be impaled through etc and blue ones heal decent but they have no survivalbility

    rk-healing is laughable 2 creeps can make that hell especially a timed impale+ warg pounce that rk is dead not to mention HoTs are terrible maybe remove inductions like defilers!.

    LM's barely any trait debuffing its either the Zoo, or fire and waterlore has a cd so they cant keep that or si up on an entire raid.

    anyways wht it comes down to is I guess how bad people want to EZ mode in the end but heal stacked wont kill anything unless the opposite side chooses to be greedy and stay and die which is their own fault...

    But Hey,

    I got a better idea to put all this to bed why don't they give creeps the same trait lines as freeps and call it good, a survival line(where your damage is low, survivability is high) a Dps line(Where damage is high survivability is nil) and either a CC, range or healing line. then we may see balance because name one class that can do a lot of damage and heal a group all at the same time/ do a lot of damage and walk away like in the old days?
    [URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/csmoltz/media/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k183/csmoltz/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    894
    Creeps can now do what freeps have been doing for years. No need for the freeps to give up and quit after just a couple of days. Creeps been fighting against major imbalance for years....surely the freeps can survive a few weeks before quitting.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minnesota,USA
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    Creeps can now do what freeps have been doing for years. No need for the freeps to give up and quit after just a couple of days. Creeps been fighting against major imbalance for years....surely the freeps can survive a few weeks before quitting.
    nothing about quitting in the description.

    im sick of the creep goggles omg so many minis I bet 70% of them aint healing like creeps claim

    im still out in the moors still grinding dailies so that I can pvp.

    freeps haven't been able to do that since RoI and now ironically the RoI gear is what we have to use for survivability in the moors

    as im sure every server is diferent but this is coming from meneldor my only server.

    good creeps new what they were doing just like good freeps

    but now the tables have turned and even ###### creeps supply a challenge for a lot less number of freeps these days
    [URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/csmoltz/media/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k183/csmoltz/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

  6. #31
    I am not going to go nearly as far as to say that the Moors are balanced, but I do not think that it is as bad as people are making it out to be. A new LI has come out that will affect freep strength, and just getting a new LI does not mean anything when you go in and start attacking, considering that LIs improve as you use them and add new things to them.

    Turbine has put in a system that will allow the freeps to hopefully catch up to the creeps in terms of strength in the next couple of weeks. Turbine should wait it out before making another change that nerfs creeps, and then have to undo that change as freeps gain in strength.

    If in the next few weeks when LIs are and other equipment is sufficiently leveled, and creeps are still op, then changes will need to be made to balance it out.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  7. #32
    don't forget that champs will be worked on in u13.1, and based on how they fixed up defilers, you can expect champions will fix any imbalance issue by regularly oneshotting defilers with their laser beam eyes.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minnesota,USA
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    I am not going to go nearly as far as to say that the Moors are balanced, but I do not think that it is as bad as people are making it out to be. A new LI has come out that will affect freep strength, and just getting a new LI does not mean anything when you go in and start attacking, considering that LIs improve as you use them and add new things to them.

    Turbine has put in a system that will allow the freeps to hopefully catch up to the creeps in terms of strength in the next couple of weeks. Turbine should wait it out before making another change that nerfs creeps, and then have to undo that change as freeps gain in strength.

    If in the next few weeks when LIs are and other equipment is sufficiently leveled, and creeps are still op, then changes will need to be made to balance it out.
    The new LI is 10.1 more dps- 2nd age 95= 225.1 1st age 95= 235.1 - this is one handed maxed out so to fight the improved creeps we get 10.1 more dps.

    however we lost 8k mastery with U13 and our BPE cap dropped by 5% that's raw base stats

    im not saying a nerf needs to be done just yet but what the did as far as "Nerfing" freeps they made it that the only way for us to get our mits back up is to put on lvl 75 gear because none of the 95 gear has both tact/physical mitigation and the 95 gear that does is something with 178 fate= 178 tactical mitigation not physical.

    which wearing lvl 75 gear lowers our stats considerably, why for a bunch of mits that a creep can take away with 1-2 skills?

    and im talking fully geared out freeps here not our scaled counterparts.
    [URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/csmoltz/media/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k183/csmoltz/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    don't forget that champs will be worked on in u13.1, and based on how they fixed up defilers, you can expect champions will fix any imbalance issue by regularly oneshotting defilers with their laser beam eyes.
    Oh please laser beams arnt what turbine would do at all that would go against the lore. More like a Gama Ray coming from the tip of the sword would do it that sounds more like turbine.

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    don't forget that champs will be worked on in u13.1, and based on how they fixed up defilers, you can expect champions will fix any imbalance issue by regularly oneshotting defilers with their laser beam eyes.
    I they can't resolve champ issues I'm not sure I can ever fully come back to pvp.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c6e65/signature.png]Dercin[/charsig]

  11. #36
    to all you in creep side...why dont you try to make a freep and take him in moors????????????most of you have all the creep classes....and some of you not even 1 freep class...maybe its a bit harder???????maybe you need to take 95 lvls..and after that take gear..and weapons and RELICS and do your virts and take tomes and max your crafting..and ofc buy you vip at the end..so you can go as a rank 0 freep.......omg yessssssssssss you have to do all that to go at moors....you cant log in and in one week b rank 8, the next week farm reputations..and boom...rank 8 reaver full skilled.....i have impale now..i can do 14k dmg...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e....i am a PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO..freeps cant play the game...everyone on the creep side is a pro and on the freep nobes and bla bla bla bla..then why when the same guys are sparing m with freep(classes) cant tauch m and with creep(classes) are killing m??????freeps need to b nerfed..yea reavers doesnt need to b nerfed...only wardens.....you dont need to gather nothing, 0, can you unterstant that????????????NOTHING(weapon s,gear,virts,relics,craft and and and)..and you have the logic to say something like:its so easy to play freep.....i was playing 4 months to lvl up m class and learn it..and after that i was playing 3 months to gather gear and try to unterstant what exacly i have to do..find balance in m gear(you dont know what that is,cause you will wake up and you will have your gear with out doing anything) and after that i went to moors..0 rank..after all that....what the creep player has to do at the same time?????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ??????????????????NOTHINGGGGGG GGG JUST LOG INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN....so if you need balance ask it everywhere not only to the skills....say something like...pls turbine give as virts so we can go and kill 800 hobbits to take 1 rank of the 18..plssssssss...plssssssssss turbine give as relics so we can go and run all day insts and raids and pls let as choose our weapons and run raids all day to take them..and turbineeeeeee why are only freeps paying????????????we want to pay tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fai r playersssssssss or hupocrites???????????????
    Last edited by chris4paok; Apr 22 2014 at 10:11 PM.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    150

    japanese don't show up?

    ?????????????????????????????? ?????????
    ??????????????????MITS???????? ???????????????
    ?5?????AUD??orc-craft/fell?????????????
    damg?????????????????AUD?????? ??????????????????
    Last edited by Arandeath; Apr 24 2014 at 01:02 PM. Reason: nothing

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    Creeps can now do what freeps have been doing for years. No need for the freeps to give up and quit after just a couple of days. Creeps been fighting against major imbalance for years....surely the freeps can survive a few weeks before quitting.
    Well, to be honest up until they shut down the leaderboards on average EVERY SERVER had significantly more creep than freeps. In an OPvP game that is a huge advantage. Some may argue that the population balance has shifted over the last ONE year, and Ill argue that there is no facts to prove that and history says otherwise. In fact, Ill even go as far as to say giving creep the strength advantage has exacerbated the population imbalance...double fail

    Now creep have numbers and the strength. Where as before freeps had strength and creeps had numbers. When one side has BOTH it's a bad situation.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    Well, to be honest up until they shut down the leaderboards on average EVERY SERVER had significantly more creep than freeps. In an OPvP game that is a huge advantage. Some may argue that the population balance has shifted over the last ONE year, and Ill argue that there is no facts to prove that and history says otherwise. In fact, Ill even go as far as to say giving creep the strength advantage has exacerbated the population imbalance...double fail
    Incorrect, Brandywine and Elendilmir both had superior freep numbers many times.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,862
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrettleSllim View Post
    Freeps Virtues scales to rank 14.
    and all gear is scaled to rating 176.
    Also get some audacity cant remember the value.
    Make sure you note that the way the scaling works, is different depending on the level of your freep. A level 40 freep gets 8 audacity, while a level 20 gets 14.
    Both get 14 virtues, as well as +1800 or so for their main stat and vitality, but the stat scaling on level 40 items is 5x lower than that of a scaled level 85 item. Level 85's don't get extra audacity (or their virtues scaled I'm pretty sure, might be wrong on this one).
    Then there's obviously big differences in skill and skill point availability, as well as mitigation. The damage of lower level freeps is hardly enough to think about competing.

    Heroal scored a devastating hit on Fargluk with Epic Conlusion for 1,873 lightning damage to morale.

    That's not copy pasted, but I remember the number. That's my scaled level 42, rank 4 runekeeper.
    I've hit slightly higher on creeps with no audacity, and who presumably aren't meta traiting mitigation and health, but that's the practical effects of freep scaling at the moment.

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    Well, to be honest up until they shut down the leaderboards on average EVERY SERVER had significantly more creep than freeps.
    According to what metric? If it's raw #s it's just a false way of looking at it, with the #s of r0 freep spy accounts (on Silverlode one freep would keep a spy at every keep), people who create creeps and don't play them, etc.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Incorrect, Brandywine and Elendilmir both had superior freep numbers many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    According to what metric? If it's raw #s it's just a false way of looking at it, with the #s of r0 freep spy accounts (on Silverlode one freep would keep a spy at every keep), people who create creeps and don't play them, etc.
    http://www.surugi.com/lotrostats/

    Th stats are good until they dropped the leaderboards.

    Your perception =/= reality. review the stats for as far back as they go and you'll see "on average" creeps had the numbers.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    http://www.surugi.com/lotrostats/

    Th stats are good until they dropped the leaderboards.

    Your perception =/= reality. review the stats for as far back as they go and you'll see "on average" creeps had the numbers.
    #s are =/= reality. Again, many of those creeps were not viable players either because they were spies or because they were greenies and greenies add next to nothing to fights.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    http://www.surugi.com/lotrostats/

    Th stats are good until they dropped the leaderboards.

    Your perception =/= reality. review the stats for as far back as they go and you'll see "on average" creeps had the numbers.
    But he has a point. On Firefoot pre-U13 there were times with 12+ freeps doing their daily grams camp while roughly half that number of creeps trying to 'fight' back and then the same number of low-rank freep spy freavers standing in the back and spamming OOC.

    Do I need to mention that I saw none of that daily grams campers since U13?
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. ... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    Do I need to mention that I saw none of that daily grams campers since U13?
    I wonder if they make up a fair percentage of the daily GV campers now


    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 9 Defiler

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    #s are =/= reality. Again, many of those creeps were not viable players either because they were spies or because they were greenies and greenies add next to nothing to fights.
    Facts are facts. What assumptions you make about those facts are yours to make. Personally without any actual data to support an assumption I try not to make that assumption. Although I do understand that people tend to just make stuff up to support their opinion based on their personal observations. Even if you limit the comparison to higher ranks (r8 or so) you'll find more creeps.
    Last edited by doug01; Apr 24 2014 at 10:48 AM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    But he has a point. On Firefoot pre-U13 there were times with 12+ freeps doing their daily grams camp while roughly half that number of creeps trying to 'fight' back and then the same number of low-rank freep spy freavers standing in the back and spamming OOC.

    Do I need to mention that I saw none of that daily grams campers since U13?
    Like I noted in another post of yours, 6-8 weeks of playing creepside pre-U13 and I almost never endured a grams camp. I grouped up with my tribe and drove the freeps out or if that wasn't happening I/we left grams. If creep only had a way to "teleport" to just about anywhere on the map...

    I can almost guarantee that on FF, grams will be camped again in a few weeks (once freep burn up the "new" PvE content). Why? Because, most of the ranked creeps on FF that exclusively creep are terrible and no amount of "OP" will change that. The ones that aren't terrible are playing other games right now.
    Last edited by doug01; Apr 24 2014 at 10:59 AM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    Facts are facts. What assumptions you make about those facts are yours to make. Personally without any actual data to support an assumption I try not to make that assumption. Although I do understand that people tend to just make stuff up to support their opinion based on their personal observations. Even if you limit the comparison to higher ranks (r8 or so) you'll find more creeps.
    Numbers =/= facts and basically any statistician will tell you that. You have to actually do some research into what the #s mean. But your way is certainly easier and it's why politicians use it.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    894
    Numbers don't lie, but they never tell the whole truth.

    There was plenty of times on both E and Brandy where creeps were outnumbered. Not many freeps complaining about having the # advantage, the dps advantage, the healing advantage, and the cc advantage all at once then.

    Creeps have a healer. The end of the world is not here.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minnesota,USA
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    But he has a point. On Firefoot pre-U13 there were times with 12+ freeps doing their daily grams camp while roughly half that number of creeps trying to 'fight' back and then the same number of low-rank freep spy freavers standing in the back and spamming OOC.

    Do I need to mention that I saw none of that daily grams campers since U13?
    question was how many of those said freeps were flippers.

    However come ut to the moors freeps camped at gv and outnumbered 2-1 then we push them back to tr and fight our way out, If we manage to make the map blue creep count dies and all of a sudden theres a bunch of freeps at grams

    ---We desperately need a 2hr lockout back these said gv farming creeps have no business farming creeps at grams within 5minutes which to swap creep-freep there is no lock out and only a 5min one vicer versa then numbers may more so stay as they started
    [URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/csmoltz/media/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k183/csmoltz/sig-lotro2_zpsc635dbd5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload