We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherEel View Post
    Why don't you (our friends at Turbine) just make their bodies look like the male humans? End of problem. (Keep the facial differences, obviously.)

[ @Chrissaegrim: I see I'm not the only elf *still* wearing the LM head-gear from the Rift !! ]
    You don't want the male humans now, they look awful. They have way wide waists, protruding stomachs, skinny legs and even thinner feet. These guys have gone and messed up. Before looking at the avatars was bearable now its bringing me into "shadow". Bring back the old and just let us pick a stance.

WAAAAAY Displeased!!!

I am sooo displeased with the changes on the Female Human!!!! I wasn't super crazy about her in the first place, in that I always thought her bosom was out of proportion (looking more like Wonder Woman than a real woman). But dang!!!! What are u thinking Turbine!!! Now she is not a *woman* at all, but a 13 year old girl with a good bra size!!! I am very displeased with this, very much so. I would never haven chosen to make any human females if they had looked like this! I think they look too close to elf women now, rather lithe, not strong and sturdy, which at least was characterized in the way they looked before, even though they were prone to show too much sexuality for me. And the arms? Wow, they look like a cowboy ready to draw his pistols!!! They are not hanging naturally from the frontal view.

I also want to say I don't like the changes to the male hobbit. They were sooo darn cute before!! With their little bellies protruding a bit because of the curve of the spine. Now they lack the character that was so endearing to me

I haven't looked at the other classes yet, but am a bit afraid to after these changes. I'm not against changing the way classes look, if it is going to make them more natural, more realistic, or more adorable. But like with that new gait that the female hobbits had, I just can't see why we are messin' with a good thing when we got it! Admittedly, the female humans could have used some changes, but what was given us was waaay off the mark.

You *know* what they say, don't u? IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    I love it and think it's far overdue. It's true the transition between normal stance and the "looking around" animation needs a bit of work, but overall much more natural and elegant looking than before. Much appreciated.
    Mine begged me to put him out of the misery the stick up his backside was causing. I deleted him.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by alpenhorn View Post
    Couldn't agree more, elves are supposed to be a little pompous! Even in the game it points out "the hubris of the Elves", the new stance doesn't capture that hauteur at all.
    Well said. It's 180° time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaleth View Post
    I am sooo displeased with the changes on the Female Human!!!! I wasn't super crazy about her in the first place, in that I always thought her bosom was out of proportion (looking more like Wonder Woman than a real woman). But dang!!!! What are u thinking Turbine!!! Now she is not a *woman* at all, but a 13 year old girl with a good bra size!!! I am very displeased with this, very much so. I would never haven chosen to make any human females if they had looked like this! I think they look too close to elf women now, rather lithe, not strong and sturdy, which at least was characterized in the way they looked before, even though they were prone to show too much sexuality for me. And the arms? Wow, they look like a cowboy ready to draw his pistols!!! They are not hanging naturally from the frontal view.
    I share your opinion. The females were perfect before. They had a natural pose, nicely shaped arms that were hanging naturally to the side. Their stance was fierce and pride, but very human and natural. Now their arms have grown thicker than their legs, they hang forward in a strange way, defying gravity. Their boobs have been resized to elf size, and their lovely fierce stance is gone. Human females used to be my favorite characters (I have 4). I hate them now. Very disappointed.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Quote Originally Posted by Breeon View Post
    September 2012:

April 2014:

The first looks natural and relaxed. The second look unnatural and tense.

Thanks for posting this. Not sure what i think, gotta check it ingame.
    Truth and Justice

I like the second one better. My male Elves (all of my characters are male, even the Dwarven ones :P) look more natural, and yes, I had the slider over to the right when I created them. I wonder if that makes a difference.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Lightbulb

Turbine should at least give the option for people to pay to have their characters reverted to the original forms before Update 13. I would seriously spend even more money on this game to have my characters back. At the moment I find it hard to even log into the game, because every time I look at my characters I just get aggravated at the drastic change in their appearance. If Turbine offered an option, it would at least leave both sides happy.

I do not like the new pose at all. I think it makes my elf look sad and depressed. He does not look like the heroic elf I have been playing for over 3 years. For the love of all that is good please go back to the way it was. Or let me choose, it can not stay this way.

No thank you. I'd rather my Elf not have eternal back problems.

Are there further adjustments to make? Sure. But the old model is sure as heck NOT where it needs to be. I'll take this as an improvement for now, though.

I really just want his shoulders to not slouch. I don't really care about his back as much, I almost always wear a cloak but his shoulders shouldn't slouch like they do now. Please fix the shoulders/arms.

Couldn't agree more, elves are supposed to be a little pompous! Even in the game it points out "the hubris of the Elves", the new stance doesn't capture that hauteur at all.
    Really though, that's the Noldor. But regardless, the books also said the are waning. So enjoy your wane! From behind, they kind of look like that are taking a leak. Maybe bring the elbows out a little so they don't look like they are standing around playing pocket pool.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#303030] ~- [/COLOR][COLOR=gray][SIZE=1][I]Leader of [/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030]~[/COLOR][SIZE=3] [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Narn en Uidirith[/B][/COLOR] [/SIZE][COLOR=#303030]~[/COLOR][COLOR=gray][SIZE=1][I]on Elendilmir [/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Olive][B]Belthandir[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Tirdoron[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Thurgaraf[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~ [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Mithwindras[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Ringalad[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray] 65 Guardian / Armourer[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]65 Captain / Explorer[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]65 Burglar / Historian[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]61 Hunter / Woodsman[COLOR=#303030] ~- [/COLOR]60 Champion / Tinker[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Mithwindras View Post
    Really though, that's the Noldor.
    Well to be honest we can't only blame the Noldor for being pompous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithwindras View Post
    Really though, that's the Noldor. But regardless, the books also said the are waning. So enjoy your wane! From behind, they kind of look like that are taking a leak. Maybe bring the elbows out a little so they don't look like they are standing around playing pocket pool.
    I beg to differ, look at Saeros for example. And I don't think waning is a good excuse for characters to be slumped over.

I've had a chance to watch the elf animation for several minutes now while my questing partner was AFK.

Good heavens above--the poor fellow looks like he needs a good dose of extra-concentrated prune juice! He keeps jumping from a relaxed stance to rigid attention, and it's very disconcerting.

Let's start over again with that end segment of the animation, shall we?

Edit: Actually, I'm seeing the same odd break in animation in my own woman minstrel as well. The transition to the new stance in both the woman and the male elf need smoothing so that the characters ease into the new posture instead of looking like someone goosed them in the ribs to make them stand up straight.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by SouthernBelle0927; Apr 20 2014 at 04:45 AM.

Thumbs up No problems with my toons - all GOOD

I have gone through all my toons.... several male/female humans and elves of various builds (and my hobbits and dwarves also).....

The humans and elves look PERFECT.
    The male elves no longer look like they are holding in a lot of air with a puffed up chest, trying to impress the chicks at the beach. I see nothing wrong when they start to walk/run. Their arms are dignified but relaxed. TREMENDOUS improvement.
    All my females of humans/elves also look perfectly normal - AND there has been NO CHANGE to their breasts...they are just as big and full (according to the build I gave them - small/medium/large) as they were prior to update 13.
    Hobbits look the same...maybe less slouching (they look better now).
    Dwarves possibly may now have too small of feet (arms hand down to knees, huge mass of chest/shoulders/arms) - but I can live with that, as they were designed by Aule to withstand the tumults of Melkor, and thus be stockier and studier than the original Children of Illuvatar.

I also played with the character creation....all looks good there as well. HOWEVER....possible room for improvement: (newbie Hunter garb).. Elvish arms look very buff...he's been working out! Male elf with build set all the way to left/slightest would probably satisfy most people complaining on this thread. Perhaps this can be offered as a reset? - even one time?

Several years ago, Everquest 2 added a new range of looks, more akin to the Asian anime style - vs the classic western style (to appeal to their Asian players). The current players were given the option to keep the old or transition to the new. My main was switched against my wishes (I missed the opportunity to set my preference). I sent a trouble ticket - EA granted me a one-time reversal back to the classic style appearance. Perhaps something like this can be offered - even if for TP/MC?
    "The world weighs on my shoulders, but what am I to do? You sometimes drive me crazy, but I worry about you. I know it makes no difference to what you're going through, but I see the tip of the iceberg, and I worry about you"

I've been watching my character go into the look around just so that I can see him look more like he used to. Please bring back the old stance or let us choose.

Quote Originally Posted by HeirOfNumenor View Post

...I also played with the character creation....all looks good there as well. HOWEVER....possible room for improvement: (newbie Hunter garb).. Elvish arms look very buff...he's been working out! Male elf with build set all the way to left/slightest would probably satisfy most people complaining on this thread. Perhaps this can be offered as a reset? - even one time?

Several years ago, Everquest 2 added a new range of looks, more akin to the Asian anime style - vs the classic western style (to appeal to their Asian players). The current players were given the option to keep the old or transition to the new. My main was switched against my wishes (I missed the opportunity to set my preference). I sent a trouble ticket - EA granted me a one-time reversal back to the classic style appearance. Perhaps something like this can be offered - even if for TP/MC?
    The male elves build set to the left still needs to be tweaked, the waist size is too big and it makes the characters look buff. The size they are at the moment look way more to the right than completely to the left (my favorite male elf is supposed to be lissome, not muscular).

As far as options, I completely agree. I definitely prefer the older build for my favorite male elf, although for an alt the change suits him more. Giving players the chance to chose their preference for their characters would definitely leave them content! Having different stances to choose from would also just add some more diversity to character creation--which is sadly limited.

If they don't allow players to revert character stances, they still need to definitely tweak the newer ones. As far as elves set all the way towards the left, the waists need to be thinner and the arms need to be slightly pulled back. As far as improvements for the older stance, they just need pull the arms in closer (He shouldn't look like he's about to perform Swan Lake!)

The male elves build set to the left still needs to be tweaked, the waist size is too big and it makes the characters look buff. The size they are at the moment look way more to the right than completely to the left (my favorite male elf is supposed to be lissome, not muscular).
    That's my biggest problem with the new male elves. I checked the sliders for the elves and furthest to the left and furthest to the right are both quite buff. I set the sliders furthest to the left on my elves on purpose. I want my elves to be slender and elegant again. Please, Turbine, make the waist smaller for slider furthest to the left. Those who like buff elves have already set their sliders to the right so no need to take away the slender option we used to have
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Ya know, it would be preferable (to me) if the head faced the same direction as the shoulders. The *askance* position has always made it confusing as what direction I'm really facing (cf. the Hytbold daily in Entwash Vale to walk the high-wire.)

I think, in general however, I'll take the new male-elf-version over the old one. Constipated is preferable to misproportioned.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherEel View Post
    Constipated is preferable to misproportioned.
    How about they start over and make one that isn't constipated or misproportioned. I know that we all can't be happy in everything that comes out but I'm sure there is a way that the stance can be tweaked so that we are all happy. If only they could combine what was good with the old with what is good with the new.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    That's my biggest problem with the new male elves. I checked the sliders for the elves and furthest to the left and furthest to the right are both quite buff. I set the sliders furthest to the left on my elves on purpose. I want my elves to be slender and elegant again. Please, Turbine, make the waist smaller for slider furthest to the left. Those who like buff elves have already set their sliders to the right so no need to take away the slender option we used to have
    Exactly!! Same goes for human males, characters that used to be thin now have huuuge arms. What I find ridiculous is that Turbine has beefed up the size of male characters and then made already small female characters even smaller. I have a female human that is meant to be skinny, but know her arms look like they belong to a cadaver! Not only are her arms skeleton-like, they also hang awkwardly in front of her like some sort of gorilla. The old stance for female humans was by far more dignified than the new updated version.

Also, I couldn't agree more on your comment about elves being slender and elegant again. Turbine needs to greatly adjust the build they have at the moment for male elves. I would't have spent as much money on this game as I had just to have my favorite character taken away from me due to a poor adjustment update. As I said before in an earlier post, please Turbine offer the option for people to choose the stance they want! I would pay even more money just to have my character reverted back!

What I find funny about the new male elf pose is....it appears to be the same as that of a human female. Several times I mistook a male elf for a human girl, had to take a closer look before realizing it was a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by elfincat View Post
    What I find funny about the new male elf pose is....it appears to be the same as that of a human female. Several times I mistook a male elf for a human girl, had to take a closer look before realizing it was a dude.
    And yet another reason to change it back.

Lightbulb

Alright, I'm assuming that Turbine probably won't offer any option for people to revert (which they should) so here are my proposals for the updated male elf stance:
    1. For male elf build set to the left, slim down the waist! The waist is waaay too large at the moment…
    2. Fix the eyes, they pop out of the socket and it's creepy.
    3. Bring the arms back a bit, they don't look relaxed being that far forward.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast