We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I was getting a bit perplexed by this deed and the lack of slugs/trolls too. But today I logged in and the daily quest was for quieting the south-east section. The slugs were up and this allowed the quest A Natural Remedy to trigger the huorn. So it seems the deed quest availability is linked to whatever daily quest is available for that day. Going to see if the troll quest triggers too. These two were the only quests I have outstanding for the deed

Edit: No trolls are up and the huorn didn't trigger the Twisted Branches quest, so I guess it's another daily that triggers the trolls. Least I know the mechanic now and won't waste my time hunting trolls
    Last edited by Skalijn; Apr 28 2014 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalijn View Post
    I was getting a bit perplexed by this deed and the lack of slugs/trolls too. But today I logged in and the daily quest was for quieting the south-east section. The slugs were up and this allowed the quest A Natural Remedy to trigger the huorn. So it seems the deed quest availability is linked to whatever daily quest is available for that day. Going to see if the troll quest triggers too. These two were the only quests I have outstanding for the deed

Edit: No trolls are up and the huorn didn't trigger the Twisted Branches quest, so I guess it's another daily that triggers the trolls. Least I know the mechanic now and won't waste my time hunting trolls
    Yes and no.

Yes, the slugs from that Quieting quest can be used to complete Natural Remedy - but that's just a happy coincidence IMHO; I noticed this when taking my second toon through when he got that Quieting quest and his Huorn got all excited - I logged to my other toon and the 'normal' slugs were not there. I don't think that is the intended way to complete it. Much like the fact you can accept quests and turn them in to someone elses Huorn, sure it works, but it's unlikely they intended it to.

You can complete the entire Forest Without Frontiers deed without touching a single Quieting quest, and it is possible to have it all done in one day, with both slugs and trolls up at the same time - I did it myself on day one, was very lucky!

Hope you get your trolls soon, but I think it really is just a case of waiting for them to spawn which if reports from Riddermark are anything to go by can take up to 5 days IIRC
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post
    Yes and no.

Yes, the slugs from that Quieting quest can be used to complete Natural Remedy - but that's just a happy coincidence IMHO; I noticed this when taking my second toon through when he got that Quieting quest and his Huorn got all excited - I logged to my other toon and the 'normal' slugs were not there. I don't think that is the intended way to complete it. Much like the fact you can accept quests and turn them in to someone elses Huorn, sure it works, but it's unlikely they intended it to.

You can complete the entire Forest Without Frontiers deed without touching a single Quieting quest, and it is possible to have it all done in one day, with both slugs and trolls up at the same time - I did it myself on day one, was very lucky!

Hope you get your trolls soon, but I think it really is just a case of waiting for them to spawn which if reports from Riddermark are anything to go by can take up to 5 days IIRC
    lol, I was just going to post again. I logged into another character and got a different quieting quest but the slugs were still around. None the wiser on how to get trolls to spawn, I can only think its a daily spawn that either is slugs or trolls or whatever. But, yes, the quieting quests don't seem to have any effect on creature spawns.

I just wish the devs would give an idea on quest mechanics in the quest dialogue. It would save alot of posting and endless pontification

not sure whats worse... the fact I havnt been able to find this quest or that I haven't cared enough to find this quest.

this has to be THE worst content update I have seen in LOTRO... or maybe even any MMO. one weak zone with a major rep grind and a randomized system to make it just annoying enough. and that painful voice acting.

this is the first time I have not loved a content update since I started (Lothlorien was the first after I started)
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

There are several mobs in Entwood that are only there when
    there's a quest for them. Sounds like the slugs come under
    this heading. Either Quickbeam or his Huorn will give you the
    quest for those mobs that day ... or they won't.

There's always the three crafting instances, if you craft, or even
    if you don't craft but want to work toward level cap or Entwood
    Kindred. The mobs in those instances vary from day to day
    (sometimes, from hour to hour), but there are always mobs.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Ok. The good news is that I managed to do the troll quest on Evernight today. But what was weird was that I had already checked the area on my rk and ten minutes later on my hunter the trolls just appeared.

So this highlighted another 'problem', the squichyness of my light armour rk. Now the trolls have 33.5k health and my slightly neglected rk has 12.8k. Before re-learning my tactics I would be at a great disadvantage fighting them as they hit hard and stun, much like the uruks in the new isengard instance. I've been forced to use the healing stance, put all heal-over-times on and then rotate through all the measly damage spells you get. I guess Turbine have achieved their aim of nerfing freeps damage output, but it smacks of a massive knee jerk reaction to complaints about easy PVE mob battles, surely there could have been a more moderate approach.

I've always found rk's to be a bit delicate if hots aren't used wisely but in the new wood resource instance I'm not ashamed to admit I died three times on my first foray. The problem would come when I stupidly agro'ed three mobs and the heals just wouldn't keep up with their barrage and their higher damage output (or my lower mitigation).

Guess I will have plenty of time to become acquainted with the crafting instances, as my 9 characters all cover heavy/medium/light armour and at 100 leaves for a one shot recipe I'm either going to be heartily sick of ents or give up halfway. I reported a bug in the area and then tagged on a moan about recipe prices and grinding, but I guess the bug report will go the same way as all my previous ones and get ignored.

Is there even any point grinding with the level cap rise in a few months?

After reading the 'too squishy' post on this forum I'm inclined to think we all need to re-look at our tactics and realise the game has gone back to how it used to be. A little bit of creativity and using all our skills is the way forward,oh and possibly a re-trait here or there
    Last edited by Skalijn; Apr 29 2014 at 07:45 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2