We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Natural Remedy

Is this quest bugged? Or am I just missing something. It's part of the deed "The Stewards of Fangorn".

If anyone is able to give me some coordinates, I and some members of Firefoot will be much obliged.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    You have to kill the slimy slugs, not the fangorn slugs. You then have to manually loot the slug's corrpse.

Once you get eight things of slime, you then have to go to four damaged trees and apply it by using the slime in your inventory.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Slugs... Where?

I've seen the description of a location in this thread (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Natural-Remedy), and the location on the wikia page (http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:A_Natural_Remedy).

There are no slugs anywhere. The Huron won't even grant the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    There are no slugs anywhere. The Huron won't even grant the quest.
    Yes, this is where I am also stuck, none of the given quest ring areas bestow this final quest.

Yeah, I was the guy that compiled all the locations for the quests during Beta - and also noted the following interesting fact regards two of the quests for the deed:

A Natural Remedy - Slugs
    Twisted Branches - Wood Trolls

Sometimes the mobs for those quests aren't actually there, it could be a bug, or it could be intended to slow completion of that deed. I've just logged onto Nimrodel, my server, and the slugs are there.... so it could be this behaviour is happening depending which server you play on. On beta it could take a day or so then the mobs would be where they should be and you can do the quest. Basically if they aren't there try again another day

for those that want accurate locations on a map see this link and enjoy!

http://s28.postimg.org/gqap2dg6j/Stewards.jpg

I hope that helps people - if a bluename wants to correct me at all please I welcome that!
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post
    I hope that helps people - if a bluename wants to correct me at all please I welcome that!
    Many thanks to you and LethalLethality, will have a check by for slugs later.

I seem to remember slugs being at 39.5S 83.0W area.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

what possible reason could they have for slowing deeds down, firefoot server and there are no slugs

Not all quests (and their mobs) appear every day, on Gilrain yesterday there were no wood trolls around.

what possible reason could they have for slowing deeds down, firefoot server and there are no slugs
    Hi, welcome to LOTRO and to the forums. Little content and many time sinks is the way the game has been working for the past 5 years I'm afraid.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Just to confirm, I'm on Nimrodel right now and the slugs have vanished... so this strangeness is certainly still going on. Like someone mentioned I'm not entirely sure why they would do it, other than to stretch out the deed or make the new area more 'immersive' as those two sets of mobs only come out rarely.

It is a bit of a pain, but completing the deed/quest offers no reward especially or opens up any extra quests, so you won't really get too far behind if the mobs aren't there when you play.

It is just those two quests above that I mentioned that work like this.
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post
    Just to confirm, I'm on Nimrodel right now and the slugs have vanished... so this strangeness is certainly still going on. Like someone mentioned I'm not entirely sure why they would do it, other than to stretch out the deed or make the new area more 'immersive' as those two sets of mobs only come out rarely.

It is a bit of a pain, but completing the deed/quest offers no reward especially or opens up any extra quests, so you won't really get too far behind if the mobs aren't there when you play.

It is just those two quests above that I mentioned that work like this.
    Might just be a bug as I completed it with no issue yesterday. Could do every quest regarding the huorn when I got to the area that triggered it.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

In beta I was able to do all 13 quests without a problem. I am currently sitting at 12/13, and this slug quest is the one I'm missing. Combining my personal experience from beta and resources such as wiki coordinates, I know I am in the right place, and yet no slugs.

I see 3 possibilities:

1) It's a bug. *sigh* I hope not, because the quest can't be turned in and the deed can't be completed without it.
    2) It's WAI. *sigh* Just... why? What reason could there possibly be for quests and mobs to appear/disappear at random?
    3) It's a time-of-day thing. Remember that quest in the Trollshaws that had you kill 4 trolls? Or how the wights there would be few and far between during the daytime? At this moment it is nighttime in-game for me, and no slugs to be seen. Perhaps they only come out during the day? As it is only Evening, I have a while to wait before I can get an answer to that, but I'll check back when the sun comes up and see if they appear.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

I'm on Meneldor, and the slugs and trolls were definitely not there yesterday. I thought I was going crazy.

Then I logged on today, and I found them right away. The areas they occupied today definitely did not have them yesterday. I'm also wondering whether this is intentional or a bug.

Bug it. Definitely bug it. Even if it's WAI, right now it looks more like a bug. I tested my time-of-day theory and when dawn came I searched the area of the slugs and found nothing.

So yes, bug it, everyone who encounters this, at least for now.

They finally spawned today, at least for now, so I then assume it is a daily change of mobs. Still hoping for a blue name response to confirm.

No slugs on Eldar since it went live. have stood in place for 4 hours each day.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Was able to complete all the quests of the deed yesterday on Snowbourn without incident.

I'll link in the wiki page for reference since nobody seems to have added it yet, in case it helps anyone:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The_Stewards_of_Fangorn
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

A GM said that this quest was WAI... Estel server. I just sighed when he told me so...

Thank you Matalan for your very helpful link to the Entwood map , I actually saw it on another thread which was posted by Zallandi , who rightly said I should thank you for the original link , so big big thank you

NOT to sure if its this simple, but I had same issue with my 2nd toon in there having had no issue first time. I managed to do it yesterday on mini and the trolls and slugs were there, I did notice that it was night time. Is it as simple as trolls anx slugs in fangorn are nocturnal
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000014ba8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Proud Leader of Beggars Banquet
    A pessimist is just an optimist who knows better

Quote Originally Posted by Ger_Beggar View Post
    NOT to sure if its this simple, but I had same issue with my 2nd toon in there having had no issue first time. I managed to do it yesterday on mini and the trolls and slugs were there, I did notice that it was night time. Is it as simple as trolls anx slugs in fangorn are nocturnal
    No, it's not as simple as that. It's actually tied to the time and day that dailies reset which is 12am pacific time and 3am eastern time. When the quests reset, they have a chance to make the slugs and trolls available. So if you go out there ready to do the quests and there's no slugs, just go and do something else until the next daily reset and then check again.

If slugs are up, the trolls will be up too.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    No, it's not as simple as that. It's actually tied to the time and day that dailies reset which is 12am pacific time and 3am eastern time. When the quests reset, they have a chance to make the slugs and trolls available. So if you go out there ready to do the quests and there's no slugs, just go and do something else until the next daily reset and then check again.

If slugs are up, the trolls will be up too.
    This actually is not entirely correct. The only time I saw them both up was early in beta. I have never seen them both up at the same time on live. Might one get lucky and have both? I suppose it's possible. But as an example, today on Riddermark when I took 3 toons through their dailies (two of which need Twisted Branches, the troll quest), there were no trolls up, but slugs were available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    This actually is not entirely correct. The only time I saw them both up was early in beta. I have never seen them both up at the same time on live. Might one get lucky and have both? I suppose it's possible. But as an example, today on Riddermark when I took 3 toons through their dailies (two of which need Twisted Branches, the troll quest), there were no trolls up, but slugs were available.
    Trolls and Slugs were up today on Brandywine. They were up at the beginning of the week as well (together). Maybe someone is killing all the trolls and that's why you didn't see any? There aren't that many that's for sure.

I suppose they could rotate separately, too.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Still doesn't activate for me... been there several days in a row. Nothing.

this quest rotates with one or maybe a few others so it could not be available for a whole week cause its on a daily rotation so you go quite a while before not seeing it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast