We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Defilers = OP

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    Im not well informed about defilers dps, i guess they cant heal and kill half of the freeps fighting them, so its not really that bad.
    If you ask me, and im very sorry to say this, but... People that do have high rank spiders - we are god damn OP-est class in this game atm. Thrust me. Not defilers, not reavers. ****************************** ****Spiders!****************** ****************
    First of all, I agree with this. The way I see it right now, a good spider is more powerful than a good defiler/reaver. Not 10x more powerful, but slightly more powerful. You have more sustain, more lockdown of targets, more painful debuffs.

Okay second of all, defilers this update are in no way like minstrels last update. If anything, they're more like yellow captains. They're just PITAs who run around not dying, saving other people you're trying to kill by giving them a clutch blessing or stacking the hell out of HoTs on them and laughing at the majority of freep inc healing debuffs because of http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Fungal_Spores 's passive buff. There's only a handful of certain inc healing debuffs that really hurt them. They can also tank a dozen unskilled players, or an entire keep, and laugh at them while trolololololing around.

Just like yellow captains used to run around perma-bubbling against unskilled players who thought they should just spam skills at the yellow captain until his health goes down, or saving freeps who were soooo close to death, and in essence, just being a pain in the ### for creeps in general.

Neither class could kill someone who wanted to live. You just run. That's it. You turn around, press W, and ta da, you don't die to the defiler/yellow captain. *Input Staples commercial*

The only difference is that defilers can be defeated by focus-firing them with inc healing debuffs, while yellow captains were defeated by largely ignoring them in general in raids (as their CDs were long and could not be reduced quickly without being focused by creeps or NPCs) or bursting them down within seconds.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by germcell View Post
    its.... pretty.... easy.... to.... tell... if.... upscaled..... and.... their.... actual.... level.....
    thanks. now i know

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    First of all, I agree with this. The way I see it right now, a good spider is more powerful than a good defiler/reaver. Not 10x more powerful, but slightly more powerful. You have more sustain, more lockdown of targets, more painful debuffs.

Okay second of all, defilers this update are in no way like minstrels last update. If anything, they're more like yellow captains. They're just PITAs who run around not dying, saving other people you're trying to kill by giving them a clutch blessing or stacking the hell out of HoTs on them and laughing at the majority of freep inc healing debuffs because of http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Fungal_Spores 's passive buff. There's only a handful of certain inc healing debuffs that really hurt them. They can also tank a dozen unskilled players, or an entire keep, and laugh at them while trolololololing around.

Just like yellow captains used to run around perma-bubbling against unskilled players who thought they should just spam skills at the yellow captain until his health goes down, or saving freeps who were soooo close to death, and in essence, just being a pain in the ### for creeps in general.

Neither class could kill someone who wanted to live. You just run. That's it. You turn around, press W, and ta da, you don't die to the defiler/yellow captain. *Input Staples commercial*

The only difference is that defilers can be defeated by focus-firing them with inc healing debuffs, while yellow captains were defeated by largely ignoring them in general in raids (as their CDs were long and could not be reduced quickly without being focused by creeps or NPCs) or bursting them down within seconds.
    Didnt saw any cappies die from extremly low creep aoe had before U13, and as we didnt target them, they havent been dieing at all. At least on my server. And we had already mentioned healing stacked raids, several minstrels and several cappies + lag when you try to target some of them = no pvp.

Just came in my mind - lower all heals, bigger all dps, shorten the combat (as they intended?), and there will be less lag actually, cause less time is spent watching 29 rows of buffs on someone
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    Just came in my mind - lower all heals, bigger all dps, shorten the combat (as they intended?), and there will be less lag actually, cause less time is spent watching 29 rows of buffs on someone
    Some of us have been asking for a lowering of heals since audacity was introduced, and the need is as great now as at any point since its introduction. Individual damage skills certainly need an adjustment, but overall dps figures absolutely should not be increased. I don't know if you played in RoI before audacity was introduced, but let me assure you, it wasn't very good, and the slowed combat pace that audacity introduced was much needed. They just completely screwed up with implementing audacity in every way besides the CC reduction (which still has better potential solutions) and damage reductions.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Look ppl, filer is OP=BS! I was in a group of 5. Two. count them, 2 Defilers. On the other side, 1 freaking lower rank min, one cappy and one warden. They wiped us everytime. They have the op heals of the min and the cappy, combined with oathies and everything else they throw at us...bam. Dead. 5v3. Filers are not OP when it comes to the overall scheme. we had a reaver, and a weaver and a r11 warg. Couldn't touch them. so I call BS. Fun fight btw. Stop ur whining.
    [img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/quibster/akbalak_zps628d4080.jpg[/img]
    Signed,
    DennisWeaver

Quote Originally Posted by Mordem_the_RK View Post
    Look ppl, filer is OP=BS! I was in a group of 5. Two. count them, 2 Defilers. On the other side, 1 freaking lower rank min, one cappy and one warden. They wiped us everytime. They have the op heals of the min and the cappy, combined with oathies and everything else they throw at us...bam. Dead. 5v3. Filers are not OP when it comes to the overall scheme. we had a reaver, and a weaver and a r11 warg. Couldn't touch them. so I call BS. Fun fight btw. Stop ur whining.
    What you're trying to say, is that one warden out-dps'ed 2 defilers, while a minstrel (captain heals in red are laughable) outhealed a reaver, spider and warg? Honestly, that's a l2p issue. Warg stun - Impale - fear - should be dead by the time the second stun comes.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Our kin has been doing quite decently while outnumbered since U13 as well, we got a number of kills in several fights where our 5/6-man was facing creeps who had more defilers than we had total members. It has little to do with the 'balance' put out by turbine in this (or previous) updates.

Beyond the stupendously ridiculous nature of the implications of the above statement, the fights weren't much fun at all. I'll whine when the action gets worse; which means I've been whining with the release of every update in the last 2 years since U10 (U9 being RoR release, U10 being freep bfps/1st agers/new gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    What you're trying to say, is that one warden out-dps'ed 2 defilers, while a minstrel (captain heals in red are laughable) outhealed a reaver, spider and warg? Honestly, that's a l2p issue. Warg stun - Impale - fear - should be dead by the time the second stun comes.
    Also, this^^^.
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Our kin has been doing quite decently while outnumbered since U13 as well, we got a number of kills in several fights where our 5/6-man was facing creeps who had more defilers than we had total members. It has little to do with the 'balance' put out by turbine in this (or previous) updates.

Beyond the stupendously ridiculous nature of the implications of the above statement, the fights weren't much fun at all. I'll whine when the action gets worse; which means I've been whining with the release of every update in the last 2 years since U10 (U9 being RoR release, U10 being freep bfps/1st agers/new gear).
    Respectfully mate, PvMP hasn't changed much in the scheme of things.

IMO, the actual hallmark of PvP would have been Book 14 of volume 1. Post that update, the main changes in the way things have been done can be attributed to two things. 1) Drop in PvMP participators across the board. 2) Changes in the map

The heavy pendulum swings have been happening consistently post the aforementioned update, given an occasional kick by the good old fellows up at Turbine HQ.

There's probably not even half a dozen people still reading this forum who know what a hotspot is by experience, and I don't know of anyone still playing that I met in this game during the first year it was released.

I personally don't think that the last updates to PvMP have done anything significantly negative compared to the rest, even if it has been more consecutive. If PvMP is in fact deteriorating, it's giving a wider insight into the rest of the game.
    Last edited by Untg99; Apr 23 2014 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Respectfully mate, PvMP hasn't changed much in the scheme of things.

IMO, the actual hallmark of PvP would have been Book 14 of volume 1. Post that update, the main changes in the way things have been done can be attributed to two things. 1) Drop in PvMP participators across the board. 2) Changes in the map

The heavy pendulum swings have been happening consistently post the aforementioned update, given an occasional kick by the good old fellows up at Turbine HQ.

There's probably not even half a dozen people still reading this forum who know what a hotspot is by experience, and I don't know of anyone still playing that I met in this game during the first year it was released.

If PvMP is in fact deteriorating, it's giving a wider insight into the rest of the game.
    I experienced hotspots as an EXTREMELY casual pvp'er 'back in the day' but I'm far from an expert on the moors in any time period before RoI launch. The U9-U10 time period reference was merely a time period i think the majority of people in this forum can remember back to and hopefully most would agree that it was a relatively bright point in the recent history of the moors, if still having many flaws.

How has this thread not died yet?
    Kornakhas -Defiler, Korbashburz -Reaver, Kortdogestyle -Warg, Kornquickscopamlg - Black Arrow, Kornslurpyourblood - Weaver -Pyrrhic
    Kortahl-Captain, Korthillion-Rune-Keeper, Korthro-Lore Master, Korthallion-Minstrel, Kormornoroth-Champion - The Dark Legion

LMFAO ahahahahaha guys dont mind mordem, he is the one of the worst players i have ever seen in my life. This fight just happened by their rez 5v3 with 3 ops and if mordem healed instead of trying to dps my mini down then maybe he wouldnt die so much. Donvlad and him run a kin of failures they try to pvp but cry when asylum(greatest collection of players to ever grace the gaming world) farm them everytime, just ask him about his store bills in his attempts to escape us with his p2w store brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    That's just stupid ignorant, from a nub. Come to DD and I will show u l2p.
    [img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/quibster/akbalak_zps628d4080.jpg[/img]
    Signed,
    DennisWeaver

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    LMFAO ahahahahaha guys dont mind mordem, he is the one of the worst players i have ever seen in my life. This fight just happened by their rez 5v3 with 3 ops and if mordem healed instead of trying to dps my mini down then maybe he wouldnt die so much. Donvlad and him run a kin of failures they try to pvp but cry when asylum(greatest collection of players to ever grace the gaming world) farm them everytime, just ask him about his store bills in his attempts to escape us with his p2w store brands.
    uh...that was by YOUR rez, which flipped, then u died while trying to retreat. Laff. If you want to 1v1 me, I will show u who fails. FYI, I run no kin with Don. the point is, filer is not OP, so stick with it.
    Signed,
    DennisWeaver

That's just stupid ignorant, from a nub. Come to DD and I will show u l2p.
    Ignorant? I even gave you a solution.
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

They wiped us everytime.
    uh...that was by YOUR rez, which flipped, then u died while trying to retreat. Laff. If you want to 1v1 me, I will show u who fails. FYI, I run no kin with Don. the point is, filer is not OP, so stick with it.
    Stop ur whining.
    i need 10 chars, otherwise i would let your own words do the talking

Asylim or whatever the nub kin is, will fail. I admit, I had some rather squishy dps with me. but with my dream team that I usually have, (wulf, Don, Shap, Garth, Ras...) ya'll fall like you were nothing but the leaves beneath my feat.
    Signed,
    DennisWeaver

In those fights I would have to say you were the worst one there :/ you let your filer friend die so many times while you were busy trying to dps the mini down, you couldn't even keep cavity up, was pretty embarrassing ;(

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    I experienced hotspots as an EXTREMELY casual pvp'er 'back in the day' but I'm far from an expert on the moors in any time period before RoI launch. The U9-U10 time period reference was merely a time period i think the majority of people in this forum can remember back to and hopefully most would agree that it was a relatively bright point in the recent history of the moors, if still having many flaws.
    Fair enough.

It's a shame Turbine has constantly changed the game to suit the largest crowd. There might actually have had some vets worthwhile to the community still around otherwise.

Asylim or whatever the nub kin is, will fail. I admit, I had some rather squishy dps with me. but with my dream team that I usually have, (wulf, Don, Shap, Garth, Ras...) ya'll fall like you were nothing but the leaves beneath my feat.
    So, first you say that they're OP, but with your dream team, they'd fall like leaves beneath your feet? Who is OP here?
    Brandywine

btw guys incase you didnt know this "dream team" features 3 wls and a defiler in a 6 man group. I think he sums his own failure up in his words

Quote Originally Posted by Hamond View Post
    In those fights I would have to say you were the worst one there :/ you let your filer friend die so many times while you were busy trying to dps the mini down, you couldn't even keep cavity up, was pretty embarrassing ;(
    I could not keep up with the dps, and I was fulltime heals. So unless you were on my char, I sense BS here.
    Signed,
    DennisWeaver

I would recommend some GG! in the spirit of things rather than being immature about this. You all died a few times but also held your own and I commended u on this. It's too bad ppl aren't grown up enough to appreciate the gf we had.
    Signed,
    DennisWeaver

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    btw guys incase you didnt know this "dream team" features 3 wls and a defiler in a 6 man group. I think he sums his own failure up in his words
    vs twice the number of freeps, not bad I'd say. It was a blast killing all of you.
    Signed,
    DennisWeaver

Quote Originally Posted by Hamond View Post
    FYI goldie, who can't come out without a group and die, I filer in this kind of group has to do some dps. It's a balance game. Biut since you don't heal, you have no idea. You mad bro because I ganked u so many times?
    Signed,
    DennisWeaver

They wiped us everytime. Dead. 5v3.
    vs twice the number of freeps, not bad I'd say.
    lolololololol
    Stop ur whining.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast