We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 291

Thread: Defilers = OP

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Manvett View Post
    The pendulum has swung multiple times from the time of ROI,
    HD launch. What other time could you possible think creeps had the upper hand?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    HD launch. What other time could you possible think creeps had the upper hand?
    Don't be dumb. There's been plenty. Typically after expansions although never to the magnitude or duration of when freeps have had (and will again) the upper hand.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    Don't be dumb. There's been plenty. Typically after expansions although never to the magnitude or duration of when freeps have had (and will again) the upper hand.
    Please point out the "plenty" of times after RoI when the pendulum swung creepside.

    Don't even think about saying RoR launch; it was the most balanced PvMP had been since SoA, but in no way gave creeps this huge upper hand. Just required freeps to readjust their tactics.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    HD launch. What other time could you possible think creeps had the upper hand?
    You're generalizing. Yes, overall freeps had advantage most of the time, but there have been percentiles of times when certain classes had major advantages to other, certainly not all, classes, as it should be, considering we're not talking about mirrored classes, which are in theory the only possible balanced PVP. I'm talking about ROR spiders and HD Reavers and Wargs, as far as creeps go, and I don't mean the start of HD, when audacity was bugged. Every class has a certain nemesis class opponents, against which they seems OP, but current state defiler is unbeatable, able to effectively exhaust and kill most other classes.
    Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
    Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
    Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)

  5. #30
    Ok, ok, ok.... We get it. New update and things have finally changed in the moors and it wasn't simply fixing bugs for a champ or something. I agree the defiler has been greatly improved.

    Before i say anything else about the defiler I want you all to ignore the defiler for the moment and think about the rest of the modifications the devs did in the moors. I think they did a pretty good job really. It will take a few more days to fully experience what rvr is like now but so far it seems like the moors got some attention (fixes for most freep classes, f2p and premium can play pvmp, mitigations and damage modified, spider got some fixes, Charge finally works, etc) Thank you devs.

    Alright back to the defiler. The big issue is HoT (or simply heals in general) and DoT.
    -----Can you silence a defiler?

    -----Can you kill the fly swarm?

    -----What is the power pool of a defiler? 4400-4800? Heals and damage skills cost about 190-210 power per use.

    -----Can the defiler flop or burrow? Any escape skill?

    -----What sort of resistance does the defiler have in comparison to a properly outfitted freep caster?

    -----Does the defiler have bleeds or DoT's that exceed 1800 per 2 seconds? What is the duration of the defiler's DoT's? 10 seconds.

    -----Defiler has 1 AoE with a cooldown of 30 seconds (going from memory on cd). It normally does 270-380 damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.

    -----Does the defiler have an out of combat rez?

    -----How long can a defiler retain stun immunity?


    What is the #1 problem with lotro right now??? Yes, that is right, the pve environment is easymode. We have no difficulty at all. The moors doesn't have to be easymode.

    Give it a week and things will be different.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001a1387/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Manvett View Post
    You're generalizing. Yes, overall freeps had advantage most of the time, but there have been percentiles of times when certain classes had major advantages to other, certainly not all, classes, as it should be, considering we're not talking about mirrored classes, which are in theory the only possible balanced PVP. I'm talking about ROR spiders and HD Reavers and Wargs, as far as creeps go, and I don't mean the start of HD, when audacity was bugged. Every class has a certain nemesis class opponents, against which they seems OP, but current state defiler is unbeatable, able to effectively exhaust and kill most other classes.
    Check your PM's

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Voter View Post
    Ok, ok, ok.... We get it. New update and things have finally changed in the moors and it wasn't simply fixing bugs for a champ or something. I agree the defiler has been greatly improved.

    Before i say anything else about the defiler I want you all to ignore the defiler for the moment and think about the rest of the modifications the devs did in the moors. I think they did a pretty good job really. It will take a few more days to fully experience what rvr is like now but so far it seems like the moors got some attention (fixes for most freep classes, f2p and premium can play pvmp, mitigations and damage modified, spider got some fixes, Charge finally works, etc) Thank you devs.

    Alright back to the defiler. The big issue is HoT (or simply heals in general) and DoT.
    -----Can you silence a defiler?

    -----Can you kill the fly swarm?

    -----What is the power pool of a defiler? 4400-4800? Heals and damage skills cost about 190-210 power per use.

    -----Can the defiler flop or burrow? Any escape skill?

    -----What sort of resistance does the defiler have in comparison to a properly outfitted freep caster?

    -----Does the defiler have bleeds or DoT's that exceed 1800 per 2 seconds? What is the duration of the defiler's DoT's? 10 seconds.

    -----Defiler has 1 AoE with a cooldown of 30 seconds (going from memory on cd). It normally does 270-380 damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.

    -----Does the defiler have an out of combat rez?

    -----How long can a defiler retain stun immunity?


    What is the #1 problem with lotro right now??? Yes, that is right, the pve environment is easymode. We have no difficulty at all. The moors doesn't have to be easymode.

    Give it a week and things will be different.
    Perhaps I came out too harsh, considering I realize that devs are probably doing everything in their (limited) means to progress things and make the (aggressive) PVP community happy. I just think that defilers are way too strong, and that a couple of weeks won't make that much of a difference. Time will tell, we'll see.
    Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
    Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
    Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Manvett View Post
    your attempt to negate my opinion/rant
    You do that very well all by yourself...

    Quote Originally Posted by Manvett View Post
    Every class has a certain nemesis class opponents, against which they seems OP, but current state defiler is unbeatable, able to effectively exhaust and kill most other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manvett View Post
    I like my current consistency.
    I like it too.
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

    Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!


    ~Me


    Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

    ~John J. Rambo

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    You do that very well all by yourself...




    I like it too.
    You either have problems with understanding what you read, or just have a short attention span. I don't know, maybe both, I can't judge. The "consistency" part of my post was written in relation to the way I spend my time in the game - spending time with my tribemates and online friends that I have made on creepside. It's not connected to the current status of the defiler, which you're trying to imply by connecting 2 parts of my post that have no connection.
    Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
    Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
    Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)

  10. #35
    yer defi is op but stop crying coz its unbeatable , you had classes like guard cappy mini lms ( decent ones) were are op cant kill 1v1 , defi needed something like this having to run away from people 1v1 all the time the weakest classes in game imo before update, stop and think how we felt when we saw u lot with the cappys tanks where we just couldn't kill you etc ;s

    creeps need a class like a mini and they got one at least , mini heal mode is just the same as defi now basically
    Mrmatty- R14 defiler

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    199
    =
    [CENTER][URL="http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/Jingoism5/media/80624df1-2db7-463e-8896-cfa115eef487_zps9921a0cc.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u578/Jingoism5/80624df1-2db7-463e-8896-cfa115eef487_zps9921a0cc.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by crockett1986 View Post
    creeps need a class like a mini and they got one at least , mini heal mode is just the same as defi now basically
    You couldn't be more wrong! Mini heals needed to be nerfed along with yellow-line cappies and adjustments made to guards and wardens. What the moors did not need were more silly OP toon types for all the flavor-of-the-month players.

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong! Mini heals needed to be nerfed along with yellow-line cappies and adjustments made to guards and wardens. What the moors did not need were more silly OP toon types for all the flavor-of-the-month players.
    Well, what do you think the chance of minies, cappies, guardians, wardens and rk's all being nerfed to bring them in line with creep healing was?

    It was majorly imbalanced with all the freeps having all the massive healing. Now creeps have 1 mega healer. Freeps might have to learn to fight opponents who can heal themselves now like freeps have done for years.


  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Licking, Mo.
    Posts
    80
    I dont think they are overpowered me and my wife got wiped by 3 freeps while we were grinding quests... we are both Rank 9 they are just an equal to minstrels is all.... a single creep doesn't drop a heal spamming minstrel, why should your single freep drop a heal spamming defiler?

    And by the way I also took my guard out to the moors and killed a couple creeps without issue, the people who complain about things are morale stacked and don't even try to fix their virtues, legendarys or even their jewellery.... please pay attention and get your mitigation virtues...

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    It was majorly imbalanced with all the freeps having all the massive healing.
    You apparently don't understand the nature of the problem, or where continuing along this path leads to. Enjoy your heal-ball fights. I'm sure they'll be thrilling.

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  16. #41
    After just one day in the moors, I can kinda see where this is headed.

    Defilers = new creep Minstrels.

    Now, don't get me wrong, that is "balanced" technically, so you can't blame the devs for making a class "OP," because the way they might be looking at it is -- Minstrel is this powerful, let's make Defiler a counter to that power by making them that powerful as well! Yep, solid work gents, off to bed.

    What IS wrong though, is that instead of nerfing freep healing, they buffed creep healing. They simply made the wrong choice. Why? Because even more so than before, raids on BOTH sides will stack the bejesus out of healers and we'll have more highly engaging, risk-taking fights.


    Haha, wait. No, we'll have fights where it takes 7 mins to kill someone on either side (usually due to a ridiculously and unnecessarily large crit by a reaver/hunter/burg/LM), at which point they promptly get a ooc rez or one of the captain/mini rezzes. Yes, highly engaging, risk-taking PvP. No stale long drawn-out fights here! I like it.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    You apparently don't understand the nature of the problem, or where continuing along this path leads to. Enjoy your heal-ball fights. I'm sure they'll be thrilling.
    Will do.

    I'm sorry your fights where only your side had the mega healing are over. Maybe the devs will bring them back for you one day.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    The impact of flippers would be easily countered with a lockout timer that is several hours long something along the lines of 4-5 hours would seem reasonable

    Some people do play both sides, and flip to help the other side out if they are outnumbered etc. You don't know what the action is like until you log in and ask, if say I log my creep and see that only a few freeps are camping GV, or vice-versa, having to wait several hours to go to the other side won't help matters. Plus, I like to spend my comms when level is capped. If I have nothing to spend it on freep/creep side, and I log freep/creep to buy audacity or pots etc, I don't want to have to wait hours to do so and then hours to go back again. A lockout is a terrible idea and won't help imbalance issues but will make it worse.

  19. #44
    i just don't understand why they even increased defiler heals at all. I mean, considering all the self/group heals they're going to get from the lvl 20 freeps, that counts for at least 3 defilers per fight, right?

    [/sarcasm] for u sharks out there

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    Will do.

    I'm sorry your fights where only your side had the mega healing are over. Maybe the devs will bring them back for you one day.
    In case you hadn't noticed, I play both sides and I have a defiler. You apparently think "mega healing" is a good thing. One of those risk averse people?

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    In case you hadn't noticed, I play both sides and I have a defiler. You apparently think "mega healing" is a good thing. One of those risk averse people?
    No, I think one side having mega healing is bad. I think it's fine when both sides have it or neither side has it. That's called balance.

    This is the same story from you that we got a few months ago. When your side has it, it's okay. When creeps get it, it's a problem. A few months ago it was big hits. You had fun blasting creeps on your RK for 40% of their hit points, but when the creeps got that kind of damage you complained. Now that creeps have gotten a mega healer, you suddenly have a problem again.

    What is it about creeps having the same damage and healing as freeps that bothers you?

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
    I dont think they are overpowered me and my wife got wiped by 3 freeps while we were grinding quests... we are both Rank 9 they are just an equal to minstrels is all.... a single creep doesn't drop a heal spamming minstrel, why should your single freep drop a heal spamming defiler?

    And by the way I also took my guard out to the moors and killed a couple creeps without issue, the people who complain about things are morale stacked and don't even try to fix their virtues, legendarys or even their jewellery.... please pay attention and get your mitigation virtues...
    This is helpful. Actual examples of what it is like away from the horde of defilers.

    Lets all wait for things to settle. Some enthusiast will spend a day calculating and comparing heal/sec and dmg/sec for the classes and then we can see a quantitative comparison.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001a1387/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong! Mini heals needed to be nerfed along with yellow-line cappies and adjustments made to guards and wardens. What the moors did not need were more silly OP toon types for all the flavor-of-the-month players.
    Actually i think he was more right.

    Nouri if you want balance then you should spar with another RK. Or you could wipe the dust off your Sega and play Mortal Kombat from now on. Im kidding

    Please consider that when the freep classes are nerfed it will impact everyone, most importantly those that are in pve world. A majority of players could care less about the balance in the moors. The devs can't be switching back and forth all the skills, mits, etc for freeps all the time because it would annoy the heck out of the pve'ers. So when faced with an unbalanced moors the better solution was probably to focus on changing the creep side instead.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001a1387/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,424
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with defilers.

    Just as there was nothing wrong with:

    Yellow Cappies
    RoI Ministels
    RoR Wardens
    SoM Guardians

    There are plenty of players who can now play their defiler and do well against Freeps. Balance as been attained.

    Right now a "well played" defiler doesn't even have to kite in anything less than a 3V1...LOL
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong! Mini heals needed to be nerfed along with yellow-line cappies and adjustments made to guards and wardens. What the moors did not need were more silly OP toon types for all the flavor-of-the-month players.
    The problem is that a freep class will never be nerfed for pvp purposes because there would be too much unhappiness coming from those who do not pvp (the majority, so we're told). The only way to ever get near balance in moors was to buff the creep classes or spend a lot of time adjusting freep skills to work differently once they enter the moors.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

 

 
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload