We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Few Tweeks for the moors ??

Hey guys thought id make this thread so if any devs pop in they can get a feel for what PVMP players actually want (or expect) to happen in future updates please post you opinions and please do not vent any frustration here the sole purpose of this is to enlighten Turbine on our point of view.

Personally i would like to see Ettenmoors NPCS gain a quite substantial DPS boost not too much, but maybe enough to make people think twice before running at a whole group of them.

Please post your opinions below Thanks.

any way for comm's or renown to be boosted on quests if your lower than rank 3 or 4?

if your new to the moors and don't know players there it's a pain to get started for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandeath View Post
    any way for comm's or renown to be boosted on quests if your lower than rank 3 or 4?

if your new to the moors and don't know players there it's a pain to get started for some.
    i like that idea, however the point of that would be to get audacity, which is the worst invention to pvmp in history of the game but thats for another topic.

Main Ideas - These idea's have been more fleshed out and would benefit both sides.

1 - Autoflips - I feel they hurt pvp way more then they help. With auto's few people are willing to take and or defend keeps when your hard work is gone 1m after you leave.

A: Get rid of them Entirely. <--gets my vote

B: If you don't want to get rid of them entirely you can put a timer on them so they can't flip 10 times in a hour or 2s after you take the keep. Perhaps once flipped cant flip again for an hour?

2 - Lockout - Too many times I've seen people switch to the winning side when it get tough.

A: Bring back lockout of 1-2 hours so we don't have constant switching to the winning side. <--gets my vote

B: Maybe give them some of type debuff that lasts 1-2 hours. Less inf gain. mastery or something?

3 - Scaled Freeps - Really need some love if you expect them to keep coming out.

A: Buff them. I'll leave the details to someone with more knowledge of exactly they need.

Misc Ideas - Less fleshed out.

1 - Creep quests - Some quests are never run, some dont count for maps when they should and some map quests take way longer then others.

A: Make DG quests count for Lugz. Make Grothum Quests count for Isen. Add a few quests to LC.

B: Possibly add a few daily/repeatable quests to give people something to do with less/no auto's (hopefully)

2 - Npcs - Not only do they add lag but they are ineffective at pretty much everything.

A: To reduce lag get rid of misc useless npcs.

B: Cut the number of npcs in keeps in half and triple the power of the rest. (No one should be soloing keeps in less then 10m)

C: Buff Ranger/Troll so they are actually worth rolling.

3 - Ops - Way to combat constant flipping.

A: Less Mastery Buff.

B: Inverse Buff - Keep the buff as is for the side that has it but give a Inf/Com Buff to the side that doesn't. I like this 1 personally since there's still reason to care about ops but less to constantly flip.

4 - Heals - We've got people on both sides way overhealing.

A: Straight nerf to all healing. Maybe 10-20%?
    Creeps - Bigdaddycool, Bigsexxy, TheBigHurt, TheBigUnit, BigMomma, Jashin.

[QUOTE=Ranko215;7161082]Main Ideas - These idea's have been more fleshed out and would benefit both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranko215 View Post
    1 - Autoflips - I feel they hurt pvp way more then they help. With auto's few people are willing to take and or defend keeps when your hard work is gone 1m after you leave.

B: If you don't want to get rid of them entirely you can put a timer on them so they can't flip 10 times in a hour or 2s after you take the keep. Perhaps once flipped cant flip again for an hour?
    this is a must imo,seen the keeps flip too fast most of the time,does make it a real pain for them to flip one and within a few minutes it auto flips back.

3 - Scaled Freeps - Really need some love if you expect them to keep coming out.

A: Buff them. I'll leave the details to someone with more knowledge of exactly they need.
    scaled freeps seemed a bad idea,but if you have to then buff them so they can survive more than a few seconds after they step out
    of GV. of course the alts of the moors vets have an advantage as they are known and kin/friends will help.but the rest are screwed
    in a major way.

1 - Creep quests - Some quests are never run, some dont count for maps when they should and some map quests take way longer then others.
    i avoid some because the give no comms,if they all gave comms i'd do them.

2 - Npcs - Not only do they add lag but they are ineffective at pretty much everything.

A: To reduce lag get rid of misc useless npcs.
    not sure about this,low ranks can get the quest drops from them.

4 - Heals - We've got people on both sides way overhealing.

A: Straight nerf to all healing. Maybe 10-20%?
    this is a problem,watching 3 freeps hammer on a defiler or warleader for 20 mins to try to kill them and
    possibly win 20% of the time.

sounds good,except the npc part,because low ranks can grind for quest drops,make npc's harder and
    players will have to have a ranked alt to grind or try to get help.
    (try to roll an unknown freep and ask for quest help from a ranked,lots of luck getting any)

what about a cosmetic change,give the generic outposts
    an upgrade,make them like eorlsmead tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandeath View Post
    what about a cosmetic change,give the generic outposts
    an upgrade,make them like eorlsmead tower.
    I like this one.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

+1 to all of ranko215 ideas
    Arrostorm

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322400000016ad29/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]