We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Basically the Peake's farm and Hodges' farm names were switched. The farms remain in their old locations but the names were changed to protect the innocent :P.
    lol You sound like the patch notes sometimes sound. xD
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    lol You sound like the patch notes sometimes sound. xD
    Thanks . Humor is something we all need to make it through the day, I say. I am by no means expert at creating humorous quips, but I do like to try and really enjoy good ones.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Personally not a big fan of the changes to these zones.

I prefer going into town, picking up a dozen quests and pack up 'n go. Having like 10+ quests felt like a massive journey which required planning to a certain degree. Now I'm getting 2-3 quests instead, which feels more like a trip rather than a journey, telling me exactly where to go and picking up one or two auto-bestowal quests along the way. You set out for like 30mins or so and com back for like 10-15% xp whereas I used to spend an hour or two before returning to town and receive a hefty 50 or so percent instead.

A better quest flow I'm all in favour off, but give me back my "massive journey" please. I'm done with camping trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambruin View Post
    Personally not a big fan of the changes to these zones.

I prefer going into town, picking up a dozen quests and pack up 'n go. Having like 10+ quests felt like a massive journey which required planning to a certain degree. Now I'm getting 2-3 quests instead, which feels more like a trip rather than a journey, telling me exactly where to go and picking up one or two auto-bestowal quests along the way. You set out for like 30mins or so and com back for like 10-15% xp whereas I used to spend an hour or two before returning to town and receive a hefty 50 or so percent instead.

A better quest flow I'm all in favour off, but give me back my "massive journey" please. I'm done with camping trips.
    I personally hate this.
    Having a dozen quests in one place ruins each individual story for me.
    I have been running a character through Angmar recently, and I was having a blast. Each quest hub was original and had a fairly specific story line attached to it. I was never overwhelmed and it was fun to immerse myself in the particular troubles of the area. Then I reached Garth Forthnir.
    I walked in and immediately sighed when I saw the dozen rings in that one cave.
    I never got attached to any one thing. I was given just a series of text walls telling me to do different things. I should deal with the angmarim, no the spiders are a bigger issue, and dont forget to kill those Morrevail, and then there is a ranger down the road who needs ahelp getting here and trolls are so annoying, make them be quiet.
    It wasnt very entertaining.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

The only zone I've touched since the revamp is the North Downs, and I'm about two-thirds done with it, I think. (Can you spell "Slow-leveller"? *tries to look innocent*)

I like the new quest flow in the North Downs and that I now can turn in tasks at any (high enough) level. Before the revamp I never bothered with tasks at all, figuring that I'd outlevel them before I made any worthwhile progress, but now they're a valuable source of rep for me.
    I also like the new dailies like the bounty quests on spiders, orcs and wargs. While I never accept the XP rewards for those, I enjoy getting the rep rewards. For my Tortoisers, who can stay at the same level for weeks at a time, not earning any XP at all, seeing my rep bars creep up towards Kindred gives me a nice sense of advancement.

I'm looking forward to testing out the new Trollshaws and Misty Mountains, but if the changes there are comparable to the North Down changes, I think I will like those as well. All in all, from what I've seen this far, good work. *thumbs up*
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

Finally entered Trestlebridge out of curiosity post U13 and it looks a million times better.
    It looks like a real town now, not a bunch of people standing in place like Bree used to be.
    Really nice job to the devs who redesigned the NPCs.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

I'm leveling a burglar and am just now finishing the North Downs. I really enjoy how the zone flows now, with much less back and forth than before (ESPECIALLY Dol Dinen. Thank you for landscape quests!) Only two things I've noticed. You can now run Fornost at level 25, and most of the instance quests bestowed at the camp are level 25 as well (with the exception being the Shadow wing Warg quest, which is level 30.) Unfortunately, you can only run the water wing because the Fornost progression deed still doesn't open up until level 30. Also, what happened to The Oathbreakers quest? I noticed the Oathbreaker captain is still there, but I have yet to find the quest anywhere. Mincham used to grant the quest, but there is nothing available from him. Other than that, great job! Also, I agree with previous posters, I LOVE the new Nan Wathren area.

Quote Originally Posted by valhalladeath2 View Post
    I'm leveling a burglar and am just now finishing the North Downs. I really enjoy how the zone flows now, with much less back and forth than before (ESPECIALLY Dol Dinen. Thank you for landscape quests!) Only two things I've noticed. You can now run Fornost at level 25, and most of the instance quests bestowed at the camp are level 25 as well (with the exception being the Shadow wing Warg quest, which is level 30.) Unfortunately, you can only run the water wing because the Fornost progression deed still doesn't open up until level 30. Also, what happened to The Oathbreakers quest? I noticed the Oathbreaker captain is still there, but I have yet to find the quest anywhere. Mincham used to grant the quest, but there is nothing available from him. Other than that, great job! Also, I agree with previous posters, I LOVE the new Nan Wathren area.
    The short arc that sent you to the Oathbreaker Captain's gone, I'm afraid. I tried during the Beta to keep a concordance and see what was added and removed. That one was a casualty of the changes, sadly.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Good but i want to see please !!!!!!!!

Eriador revamp is nice, but overall I feel that the game has been made less challenging with updates over the last year or so. When I first started playing you needed to group in a lot of cases to succeed, but now only rarely, which I feel has made the game more solo online. For now players can solo many things which couldn't be done before.
    Really liked Hytbold and the Public instances, but find the epic battles a waste of time and a little tedious. I was really hoping for a rebuilding the westemnet when HD came out but oh well.
    Beorn, hmm well we see, though I like the idea of a sage/scholar type class that relies on science etc
    Overall the game is great, but of late its been the same, new update comes out everyone completes it and then a lot of players stop playing and wait for the next update. Different when Hytbold came out.

Also please can we do some random GM controlled events, warband attacking Bree, Dragon attacking wherever, Take the hobbits to Isengard [ wait we have done that sorry]

So please more Public instances and maybe at all levels and now as we travel into the real war zone, please more rebuilding this and that

And as for Gondor please don't take us to quickly to Pellenor Fields and the destruction of the ring as that for me would be the end game, and we have many more areas of Middle earth and aspects of the war to explore

Thanks for reading !!!

Thumbs up

I just finished ND and Trollshaws with my Cappy.
    I levelled up from 25 to 40, doing EPIC and Evendim in level range 30-35.
    I appreciate Turbine work, expecially for ND.
    Now the path ND + Evendim (30-35) + Trollshaws is comparable to Loneland+Evendim, glad to have an alternative.

starting some new alts and going threw the content a few things I've noticed:

It was always a sense of accomplishment the first time you get to Rivendale. Kind of a maze to get there not to mention, Am I high enough level to get through the monsters. Was a pain for scholars since all other guilds are much easier to get there, so either hitch a ride with a hunter or try your luck. On the later, Yay I made it. Now a very low level quest ports to there, no more sense of accomplishment.

Misty Mountain slayer deed Snow-Beast. I noticed the number you have to kill remains the same but the number of beasts has been thinned out around Iskeld's Lookout. Yes it makes the quests in the area easier but the slayer-deed much more annoying. It will take a lot longer to do the slayer-deed then the quests so why the thinning?

The annoying Shire has not changed. Still have to run to the far corner of the map to talk to so and so, then back to where you just where, just to be turned around again to go all the way across the map, again. The Shire has to be the most annoying map in the game due to this, Yes Forochel had this due to having to go around the lake till your rep is high enough, several times, but the Shire is one area that definitely does not start on one end of the map and work it's way to the other, it's all over the place at once, then once you think your done in one town, guess again, and again, are you kidding me? I have to go back to that place all the way over there again?

This being a low level area, many players not having horses yet, if it was not for the TP that can be earned there, I'd never do the Shire again.

So far that's all

Running a new character through each of these zones and I'm very impressed. There's still a bit too much back and forth between various remote camps/npcs, which I imagine is to encourage constant use of MC, but the overall quests and flow of the zones are well done. I like the discovered quests, where killing things or entering an area triggers that specific quest. It reminds me of the Carnage system in Rift and I think it's very optimal delivery for those types of quests.

I'd like to see this type of design present across the whole landscape of the game, making these discovered quests dailies like they are currently, so that it really opens up your options while leveling. I know it's a monumental undertaking, but some zones like Forochel could really use the same love. I also thing, though many people will disagree, that the need for any fellowship quests at all seems moot. I'd prefer if all quests had radiance/soloability and allow true fellowships greater XP and rewards from the quest.

As a completionist who likes to tread the world mostly alone, it sets off my OCD and is irritating to pick up a whole slew of fellowship quests. I understand the desire for group content and don't want to take that away...simply provide a solo option while enhancing the rewards for groups accordingly.
    BAD WOLF

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4